Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:19:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Swarm Thread  (Read 10511 times)
DistributedBUZZ (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:40:50 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 12:15:37 AM by DistributedBUZZ

We invite anyone who has urgent questions to please PM to join the Swarm skype chat
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitzMD

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 10:46:45 PM

We invite anyone who has urgent questions to please PM or join the Swarm skype chat

It would be great to have an open discussion on the forum where everyone can participate.

BTW , what is GoldTicket?

aeternum.in

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:00:21 PM

We invite anyone who has urgent questions to please PM or join the Swarm skype chat

And you can't just post the link to this?

EDIT: for the record- the 24/7 chat never has anyone in it.
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:04:17 PM

Sorry, but 6 figure salaries from our BTC & minimal effort to provide accessibility & support for investors is just plain rude.

I am in the Skype chat room, & even in there they are unresponsive..
aeternum.in

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:10:37 PM

Sorry, but 6 figure salaries from our BTC & minimal effort to provide accessibility & support for investors is just plain rude.

They could fix this- I hope they get on it. It's terrible when great ideas are derailed from failure to pay attention to small details. Also, to be fair- with the launch last night at midnight- they were up very late. :-)

EDIT: I too have a golden ticket. Hmmmm!
DistributedBUZZ (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:48:14 PM

Hi Marcus - I am chatting with you in the Skype right now and taking in all your concerns, please bear in mind that the headoffice in Berlin is closed as its the middle of the night there and I would like to ensure you are getting your concerns addresssed
DistributedBUZZ (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:20:44 AM

They could fix this- I hope they get on it. It's terrible when great ideas are derailed from failure to pay attention to small details. Also, to be fair- with the launch last night at midnight- they were up very late. :-)

EDIT: I too have a golden ticket. Hmmmm!

[6/18/14 3:27:14 PM] Jef Cavens (SWARM Double Agent): The GOLDTICKET is something we issued today and will be clarified in the following days. Its a little present/experiment, don't worry.
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:14:51 AM

Want to sell 7,500 Swarm @ 10% below market price. PM me if interested.
joecooin

Activity: 359

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 01:27:12 AM

Want to sell 7,500 Swarm @ 10% below market price. PM me if interested.

I offer 23 Goldtickets.

Joe

blackhatzw

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:33:35 AM

This coin has a big innovation,  I love this coin
Comments

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:40:59 AM

This coin has a big innovation,  I love this coin
The big innovation is to raising huge BTC. Tongue

aeternum.in

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:27:10 AM

Hi Marcus - I am chatting with you in the Skype right now and taking in all your concerns, please bear in mind that the headoffice in Berlin is closed as its the middle of the night there and I would like to ensure you are getting your concerns addresssed

I think you should label your hours. Right now the site says "24/7" support which is something a) you don't really need to provide and b) obviously can't provide. But having it up there only will make people think you're failing to communicate. Also I am sure plenty of people don't realize you are on central european time- something you should clarify as well.

But yeah- you need a forum.
Swarmpath

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:32:09 AM

Hi all, 

Some of you will know me, (Ben Ingram) and likewise, plenty more will not.
I am the COO of Swarm.  I'm the old guy.  It is my job, to try to make things work nicely. To gather the criticism and suggestions, consider the costs and interest of SWARM holders, and to respond in the best way to grow the value, and deliver stability to the Swarm.

I am not a silver spooner, or a crony.  I grew up in a rural town, in as modest situation as is possible in a western nation.  I started my career in the IT space, as a help desk operator for Microsoft, supporting dos, then helping the bastards inflict windows on the world. For this I still feel some guilt.

Since then, I've worked for some very interesting companies, including the Australian Stock Exchange, and global consulting companies, I went on to build some of my own ventures. Most recently, founding Tquila which is (warning PR quote follows) now 'one of the most recognised brands, globally in cloud computing services'. 

It was at Tquila, three years ago, where I had the good fortune, to hire a certain Joel Dietz.  He proved to be a talented genius, bordering on unmanageable.  But, one night, we spent pretty much from dusk to sunrise discussing currency, and the idiocy/myriad failings of centralised currency.  Without either of us realising it at the time, this set Joel on the swarm path.  And here we both are, along with the annoyingly intelligent and talented Jef Cravens.

Looking at the names, posting on this forum, there are a many people whom I've had the chance to meet, and discus strategy, goals and progress with at reasonable length, but we also acknowledge that there's a lot more we CAN and will do.

First though, and of highest priority to me, is to express our truly heartfelt appreciation for your investment and trust.  To some, it's just words, but we are not scammers.  We are open and honest individuals, with an utter dedication to delivering something which redefines VC, for all of us.

I want to clarify a couple of things.
We are a small team, which is not an excuse, just fact.
We are trying to cover, and I'm sure I'll forget something, 
1. Phone
2. Twitter
3. Facebook
4. Email
5. Reddit
6. (A lot of) forums
7. Skype
8. Webchat

It's quite a few channels, and I'm sure that we can improve.  We are not a help desk team, we are developers and business people.  I personally would be ashamed of fronting our fledgling company with inexperienced help desk people charged with making reassuring but meaningless responses!

So, Jef, Joel and I spent hours every day chewing on EVERY single question that has been asked, but occasionally there are other aspects of building the company which we must also focus on, especially now, with YOUR bitcoin to protect and develop.

The best we could come up with is as follows.

The two of them (Jef and Joel) are bunkering down, from the now till Monday, with the sole intention of producing a substantive document addressing our intents, plans and capability.  The why we are doing this, and how and when, we will deliver what.   It's broad, a pain in the SSS to write (glad I'm not doing it) but entirely necessary.

To date, we have not paid ANY salary, to anyone.
Like me or hate me for it, but for the past (nearly) 20 years, I have consistently achieved a six figure salary.  Further in my previous role, I achieved annual earnings in excess of 10x that which I will earn for my participation in the Swarm.

We like most startups, have bootstrapped, scrimped, begged, borrowed and burnt too much midnight oil... But we love it, and are all incredibly proud of what we have and are creating.  And we hope that given just a little time, that we'll silence the critics, and deliver another piece of essential infrastructure that will help deliver on the vision of a stable, growing and vibrant distributed economy.

As Joel and Jef put together a better description of life the universe and everything Swarm, I will do my best to hold fort.  I welcome your questions, and will really try to keep up.

There will be forums, and help desks, and better general support, but it will take some days to out together.  Please give us a chance to deliver these things responsibly.
Swarmpath

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:47:45 AM

...and Gold ticket?  Yes.  Hold it. It will be useful....
mileva

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:55:26 AM

So much of the BTC investment, the author can do anything good?

OyVey

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:07:18 AM

I'm selling 6000 Swarm for XCP @ 10/15% below the market price. W/escrow or via DEX.
If interested, PM me.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:10:31 AM

This coin has a big innovation,  I love this coin
The big innovation is to raising huge BTC. Tongue

lol another maidsafe scam i suppose, with fake btc donation and all
axsdf

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:12:02 AM

More details on a coin, but honestly I wouldn't bother if I were you.
robbo389

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:12:53 AM

Can you post the address of the headoffice in Berlin?
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:15:35 AM

When did phase 1 funding begin?

what i cant understand is phase 1 funding was at ~25% 1 day ago, and is now ~26%, so a 1% increase in over 24hrs.  at this rate there is no way to reach 4500 BTC by the 27th.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: