Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:23:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804600 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 02:03:54 PM

I would appreciate it, and so will you IF YOU DONT REGISTER ANY MORE DELEGATES for the time being....We are having an update scheduled for Friday. 

OK, Crypti Lite Wallet is out.  What's the deal now on registering delegates?  I've been holding off in doing so because of the post above.  Is it time now, or should I wait longer?

Hey Mal,

early next week. This is not an easy task like changing a number in the code, it requires heavy testing as we need to introduce this at a certain block height. And this is a first for Crypti if I remember correctly. Smiley

Roger, thanks.  Hey, I started a suggestion box for added features since I know how bored the devs are and how easy it is to just pop in new stuff:

http://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43

I've actually started a lot of posts over on the new board, not to be a pest but to try and keep relevant new posts coming so there's always a reason for others to keep going back.  It's hard to get a new forum off the ground and the key is continually fresh content.   Maybe I should start a thread there with more photos of Keri Russell from The Americans...

Just keep 'em coming. I already answered to your suggestions. Wink

Posted one there Smiley
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 12:45:43 AM

I have started a Bounty Thread over at the official Crypti Forums for bounties that I am personally sponsoring.

You can view the post here: http://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54

I will continually update this thread as I think of more things I am willing to reward XCR for.

The first bounty is for authors / bloggers to help get information and articles out about Crypti. If you are a good writer, check it out!

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:45:04 PM

Introduce yourself!

Hey guys,

introduce yourself at our new forum! Following Mal's suggestion, I added an introduction thread in the General Discussion section of our forum. Feel free to show us who you are.  Smiley

http://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:55:33 PM

Big difference in price between Cryptsy and Poloniex.  Anybody been in touch with Cryptsy to get their 0.2.0 wallet working?  We need arbitrage capability to converge on a true market price...even if it is at small volume at the moment.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xcr

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/XCR_BTC
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:08:34 PM

Big difference in price between Cryptsy and Poloniex.  Anybody been in touch with Cryptsy to get their 0.2.0 wallet working?  We need arbitrage capability to converge on a true market price...even if it is at small volume at the moment.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xcr

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/XCR_BTC

Yep but look on the volume. Try sell or buy 1BTC worth of XCR on Cryptys and compaire it to Poloniex Cheesy

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:09:26 AM

Keep up the good work guys..

Avalanche is a must own
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:35:08 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 02:26:08 PM by dzarmush

Don't you think it's time to do some marketing? One of Nxt keys to success was price growing which led to pretty good bounties and interest of developers. If people learn about Crypti potential and the price go higher, large holders would be able to invest some of their coins in projects around Crypti. Let's say someone own 1M Crypti, it's pretty much worthless now, but if the price is higher it makes possible to spend 100-150K for bounties and other stuff.

I know you'd like to make a great product first, but honestly I don't see the collision of interests. On the contrary, development and pr are two things that could go together at the same time and help each other. There won't be any good moment to start marketing, there will always be some features to finish, some bugs to fix.

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:55:04 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 03:22:01 PM by Litoshi

Don't you think it's time to do some marketing? One of Nxt keys to success was price growing which led to pretty good bounties and interest of developers. If people learn about Crypti potential and the price go higher, large holders would be able to invest some of their coins in projects around Crypti. Let's say someone own 1M Crypti, it's pretty much worthless now, but if the price is higher it makes possible to spend 100-150K for bounties and other stuff.

I know you'd like to make a great product first, but honestly I don't see the collision of interests. On the contrary, development and pr are two things that could go together at the same time and help each other. There won't be any good moment to start marketing, there will always be some features to finish, some bugs to fix.

The decision was to market after we have a product that will hold the interest of the public.  In market speak "the hook".  

Pre release Advertising for something like Star Wars, works because it is a known quantity.  The first Star Wars movie was not advertised at all. The long lines outside the theater were advertising enough.  

If we spent money on marketing now,  the visiting public would see "just another alt coin".  Unlikely they would remember to check on us again once we have the DAPPs functional.  

Also, we dont have the budget of the big boys, like NXT and Ripple.  Our BTC we got in the IPO was only 750, at community request, and since then the price of that BTC is 1/3 of the IPO value.  Other coins launched around the same time had 2000 BTC and more IPOs.  We sold too cheap.  

We need to spend out marketing budget to get the most bang for our money. 

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:37:07 PM

I agree... in this climate, now, it's better to wait until you have real distinguishing features that are WORKING as planned - THEN you/we push onwards with marketing.

The decision was to market after we have a product that will hold the interest of the public.  In market speak "the hook".  

Pre release Advertising for something like Star Wars, works because it is a known quantity.  The first Star Wars movie was not advertised at all. The long lines outside the theater were advertising enough.  

If we spent money on marketing now,  the visiting public would see "just another alt coin".  Unlikely they would remember to check on us again once we have the DAPPs functional.  

Also, we dont have the budget of the big boys, like NXT and Ripple.  Our BTC we got in the IPO was only 750, at community request, and since then the price of that BTC is 1/3 of the IPO value.  Other coins launched around the same time had 2000 BTC and more IPOs.  We sold too cheap.  

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:40:56 PM

Sounds reasonable. And 750 BTC is kinda pocket money compared to Crypti's potential. I didn't mean to spend any money though. I meant more like news articles on major websites. If we have someone among us who could write well, they should be interested in publishing news and plans about Crypti: idea/development/future etc. Stuff like: "Crypti's Custom Blockchains - Cryptocurrencies Meet The Real World.". Idk, I'm not a copywriter but since there's so much potential here the world should know about it.

Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:16:12 PM

This is actually a sensible decision. It's good to know you do aknowledge that Crypti is at the moment just one of 20 coins that are similar to each other from the point of end-user experience. You need some bang style application (like a mobile android/ios wallet or adoption by a larger business) before you should throw more than $10 into any marketing.

Radix - just imagine
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 12:54:07 AM

When we talk about waiting to market, I think it makes sense in our case. For instance, had we bombarded everyone with marketing efforts at the beginning and blown 1/3rd of our budget, we might have brought in 3x as many people to the IPO or early launch. Yes, the price would have gone up, but then when our algorithm and system failed to function how we intended and we had what amounts to a catastrophic failure of sorts, we would have lost all of those people. As many of you know in this industry, once you lose em, they're gone! You don't bring those people back in and most coins don't recover because everyone knew about them, invested, saw them as a failure, and moved on. Keeping things small and retaining our budget is what actually allowed us the opportunity to get through the hurdles we did and come out the other side.

We understand that we have a long way to go to match wits with Eth, Factom, NXT, or other major names. We discuss it regularly and do have a plan for all of this. We definitely don't intend to have a large marketing push prior to the launch of custom chains so if that is anyone's hope you will be disappointed. Our goal is to have custom chains ready to launch and functioning in a pristine manner, have our first few showcase DApps ready to go, and then to hit the marketing hard and showcase what we really bring to the table.

I think 6 months from now when you look at where we are and look back on all of the decisions we have made leading up to now, it will all have made sense. I know we ask for a lot of trust, but have the peace of mind knowing that we have constant discussions on slack, all day, every day, in reference to the majority of the issues you guys bring up. I usually have over 1,000 messages to get caught up on when I get home each day, so it's very active on our end.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:05:40 AM

Another point I want to add is, that Crypti is also a community coin. Every reasonable voice and opinion flows into our decisions. This is the reason I want to encourage you all to talk about Crypti whenever you can.

Word-of-mouth advertising was always the best marketing method and it still is.

- If you are a well-known community member at another altcoin, spread the word about Crypti.
- If you often visit local cryptocurrency meetups, spread the word about Crypti.
- If you are on Bitcoin conferences, spread the word about Crypti.

We (the Crypti Foundation) can't be everywhere, a big community is much stronger. Dogecoin showed this. If the above doesn't fit to you, maybe you are a coder? You can create new tools for Crypti like karmacoma24 is doing marvelously since months. You are not a coder? Maybe you are a writer? Write news portals about Crypti, tell them great news about us. They will likely cover us more often this way. If you are not a good writer, you can still just mention Crypti on Bitcointalk or retweet our tweets.

I don't want to encourage you to spam, but if you see a topic in which it simply fits to mention Crypti, then do it. Smiley

This weekend I will prepare a Crypti marketing document, in which you can insert your efforts. Maybe you will get some bounties for them. Wink

Sparky_eMunie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:29:15 AM

Bounties make no sense if you give 1000 or 5000 Crypti away, as these amounts are virtually worthless.

Radix - just imagine - radix.global
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:43:51 AM

Absolutely, GreXX, I wasn't questioning any of the foundation decisions. Just thought it might be not very bad idea to start spreading word about Crypti, so by the time when custom blockchains is ready, more people would be aware of it and waiting for the launch.

I'm personally glad that the price went low at some point, because I was able to increase my holdings ) I also brought three other people into Crypti.

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 02:45:00 PM

This is actually a sensible decision. It's good to know you do aknowledge that Crypti is at the moment just one of 20 coins that are similar to each other from the point of end-user experience. You need some bang style application (like a mobile android/ios wallet or adoption by a larger business) before you should throw more than $10 into any marketing.

Agree with all of this, ESPECIALLY the need to get some Crypti smartphone apps going.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:31:24 PM

Crypti v0.2.0a Release

The Crypti Foundation is taking every form of feedback very serious. Last week you all criticized the fee structure for a delegate registration, therefore we discussed it internally and decided to lower it. We don't want to create a fictional barrier for users, who want to help secure the network. This is why we lowered the delegate registration fee to 100 XCR (from 10,000 XCR before). Additionally we don't want to hinder people from making their accounts more secure, that's why we also lowered the 2nd passphrase initialization fee to 5 XCR (from 100 XCR before).

Important

This release took a bit longer, because we introduce a new system for updates. This system allows the client to activate the updates at a specific block height. Before this specific block height all fees will remain the same like before! But once it's passed the fees are automatically updated. Other cryptocurrencies are already doing it like that.

We decided to use the block height of 114,000! It's roughly in two days.

We are looking for additional active members becoming an active delegate, in order to accelerate this we have lowered the fees. If you register a delegate and have a node actively running, please promote it in our Delegates Section on our Official Crypti Forum!

Delegates by community members

Some community members already registered for being a delegate. The Crypti Foundation will reimburse the outstanding 9,900 XCR! Please send me a private message on our Official Crypti Forum with your delegate name and Crypti address, in which you want to receive your XCR. It's important that you send me the private message from the account, from which you promoted your delegate. Everyone who register a delegate between now and block 114,000 will not be reimbursed the 9,900 XCR.

Download links

Windows

Mac OS

Linux

The Crypti Foundation

crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 06:33:29 PM

Crypti v0.2.0a Release

The Crypti Foundation is taking every form of feedback very serious. Last week you all criticized the fee structure for a delegate registration, therefore we discussed it internally and decided to lower it. We don't want to create a fictional barrier for users, who want to help secure the network. This is why we lowered the delegate registration fee to 100 XCR (from 10,000 XCR before). Additionally we don't want to hinder people from making their accounts more secure, that's why we also lowered the 2nd passphrase initialization fee to 5 XCR (from 100 XCR before).

Important

This release took a bit longer, because we introduce a new system for updates. This system allows the client to activate the updates at a specific block height. Before this specific block height all fees will remain the same like before! But once it's passed the fees are automatically updated. Other cryptocurrencies are already doing it like that.

We decided to use the block height of 114,000! It's roughly in two days.

We are looking for additional active members becoming an active delegate, in order to accelerate this we have lowered the fees. If you register a delegate and have a node actively running, please promote it in our Delegates Section on our Official Crypti Forum!

Delegates by community members

Some community members already registered for being a delegate. The Crypti Foundation will reimburse the outstanding 9,900 XCR! Please send me a private message on our Official Crypti Forum with your delegate name and Crypti address, in which you want to receive your XCR. It's important that you send me the private message from the account, from which you promoted your delegate. Everyone who register a delegate between now and block 114,000 will not be reimbursed the 9,900 XCR.

Download links

Windows

Mac OS

Linux

The Crypti Foundation

confirmed. Smiley
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:41:41 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 07:08:13 PM by MalReynolds

Crypti v0.2.0a Release

....we lowered the delegate registration fee to 100 XCR (from 10,000 XCR before). Additionally we don't want to hinder people from making their accounts more secure, that's why we also lowered the 2nd passphrase initialization fee to 5 XCR (from 100 XCR before).

Important

We decided to <start these new fees at> the block height of 114,000! It's roughly in two days...Everyone who register a delegate between now and block 114,000 will not be reimbursed the 9,900 XCR.

Download links

Windows

Mac OS

Linux

Absolutely a move in the right direction for Crypti.  I look forward to block 114,001, and will register my Delegate at that time.  Thanks, devs!
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:54:38 PM

confirmed. Smiley

Time to change your sig...  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: