Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:45:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CPD] Crypto Police Department-Solving Bitcoin/Crypto centered crimes  (Read 1643 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:52:18 PM

There have been many unwanted events in the crypto space such as murders, pedophilia and scams. There are many members of the Bitcoin community that have made a good effort to uncover the truth acting as detectives and even solving some cases, such as the case of Bruce Wagner and the Thailand connection. The CPD aims to be a collective of Crypto detectives in the like working to make the community a better place. Detectives will be recruited and a police department will be formed and we will take down the people that have been destroying the community. The CPD will clean up what has been a plague and if you think you can help leave a reply here or pm me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:59:26 PM

Does this come with a cape and mask?   Grin
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:41:15 PM

Does this come with a cape and mask?   Grin

Don't forget the batmobile.
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

You guys need magnifying glasses....you cant go w/o magnifying glasses!

Tho, cool idea  Wink

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:15:38 PM

Hi, is this a mob? Or more of a posse?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:45:06 PM

As long as you leave marijuana users alone, I'm cool with this. I have PTSD and will not stop buying and smoking pot, it's the only medicine that's ever really worked for my anxiety, and I've been on MANY.

Be careful not to let it turn into a witch-hunt, be wary of false accusations too.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:48:21 PM

Some sort of batmobile may be required for this type of operation. You never know when you'll need a flameflower.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:53:39 PM

Some sort of batmobile may be required for this type of operation.
You mean like this one? Or these beasties?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:11:32 PM

This is a coalition of individuals that will be working to solve crimes and bring justice.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:15:21 PM

This is a coalition of individuals that will be working to solve crimes and bring justice.

How will "bringing justice" actually work, what can possibly be done once the "Crypto Police Department" decides a criminal should face charges?

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:17:31 PM

Oh, ok!
So what's the difference?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:18:40 PM

noble cause, not gonna happen, impossible
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:22:48 PM

Pedophilia and murders? Were the hell are you getting your figures from? By the way, most Bitcoin users are pretty untraceable. To remain anonymous, they could use TOR or a VPN. Tell us, how would you find them?

And Christ, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather have cops sniffing for it instead of a random guy on the Internet.

And having a certain set of people isn't how a Police Department is formed.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:32:58 PM

How will "bringing justice" actually work, what can possibly be done once the "Crypto Police Department" decides a criminal should face charges?

One of the main reasons some crimes haven't been brought to justice is because of a lack of irrefutable proof like in the MTGox "Hack'.The first priority of the CPD will be solving crimes/finding this proof and then acting on it, refraining from accusing the wrong person. Once the proof is gathered an action phase will be initiated, this can mean many different things depending on the crime. For example the case of MTGox were hundreds of millions were stolen, in many criminal laws an actions such as that permits The offender to be put under custody. Agents/Bounty hunters/local government police of committed crime(depending on factors such as corruption) will be instructed to find these individuals and put them under custody stolen property will be recovered etc.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:53:00 AM

Why do you say that?
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:59:57 AM

Another stupid idea.

Now we have vigilantes in place to police the network.
All the crimes that involve cryptos are punishable by the current laws , let the police and the law deal with them.

I like the expression "we will take down the people that have been destroying the community" most.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4479

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:16:25 AM

There have been many unwanted events in the crypto space such as murders, pedophilia and scams. There are many members of the Bitcoin community that have made a good effort to uncover the truth acting as detectives and even solving some cases, such as the case of Bruce Wagner and the Thailand connection. The CPD aims to be a collective of Crypto detectives in the like working to make the community a better place. Detectives will be recruited and a police department will be formed and we will take down the people that have been destroying the community. The CPD will clean up what has been a plague and if you think you can help leave a reply here or pm me.

i would like to report a crime.

a bunch of people with private eye detective licences are impersonating police officers. Cheesy

now seriously. private eyes can only dox and monitor, they normally end up getting the REAL police to do the arresting.. so tell me if i knew of a scammer, i already knew his life history, address and i had documentation of his scams.

what would you do to ensure funds are returned to the client, what would you do to ensure the scammer was arrested, ended up in court and convicted? or is this just a doxxing service you offer?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:17:51 AM

Maybe you can get R.I.P.D. to help out with this?  haha
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:20:23 AM

Why do you say that?

It's a offense in numerous Nations to have a unregistered police system. Or a none government approved, etc.

Getting a bunch of detectives and police officers (Which will not happen) doesn't make a police/justice system. And their wages would be extremely high, even if the .000000001% chance of this happens... Happens.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:28:55 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 04:58:41 AM by TheMage

I applaud you for doing something like this. The only question I have is that if you find evidence of wrongdoing do you plan to hand over this information to the proper authorities when needed?

Dont know why so many people here are so pessimistic, this could be a very well needed service that can gather information and give it to prosecutors.

EDIT: Typo

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
mercistheman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:37:33 AM

This job will require lots of doughnuts...
http://www.copsdoughnuts.com/
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:25:51 PM

Is this really happening? How to contact em?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4479

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:33:53 AM

Is this really happening? How to contact em?

cryptopaths is a self admitted teenager, still in school. he was simply after payments for services he knew he could never in reality offer. oh and he started many pump and dump coins, thus i think his ethics have something to be takn with a pinch of salt

I'm about to make a cash out of about $40k+ and am wondering if I will be met with any resistance. For someone under 18 and residing in Canada what obstacles would there be? I will most likely be selling on something like localbitcoins for cash to a verified person. I will be reporting this $40k+ to taxes (I'm not an idiot I'm not going to try and evade tax on big purchases). If I follow all rules filing taxes etc. Will I receive any trouble? Also will my guardians be notified of my money when I file my taxes?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: