Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:32:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the first question you would ask, if you met Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 7251 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:37:43 PM

What do you think of fractional banking.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

What inspired the creation of the blockchain? Did you foresee the ramifications of your creation?

If so, is that why you chose to remain anonymous and not spend any of your coins?

Once he starts spending he will be found

He/she/they will never spend those coins.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:40:49 PM

1. Those 1 million BTC have not been touched - not a single one - in nearly five years, despite the fact that selling 1% of his coins would net him 6 million USD today. If Satoshi was truly interested in financial gain, there is no logical reason he wouldn't have sold ANY of his coins by this point.
(1) that would make sense if Nakamoto SAtoshi was a government employee.  Those coins would not be his to spend, not one satoshi. Grin
(2) he may have mined many other coins besides those million, and may be selling/using them already.

that makes as much as sense as the samsung toshiba motorolla thing...

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 06:56:19 PM

1. Those 1 million BTC have not been touched - not a single one - in nearly five years, despite the fact that selling 1% of his coins would net him 6 million USD today. If Satoshi was truly interested in financial gain, there is no logical reason he wouldn't have sold ANY of his coins by this point.
(1) that would make sense if Nakamoto SAtoshi was a government employee.
Burden of proof fallacy.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:11:56 PM

Burden of proof fallacy.
I am not CLAIMING that he is a government employee.  Only pointing out that it is a possibility.  Lack of proof is not proof of the contrary.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
mubashir

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:34:11 PM

Can I Be Your Friend?  Undecided
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:39:14 PM

Burden of proof fallacy.
I am not CLAIMING that he is a government employee.  Only pointing out that it is a possibility.  Lack of proof is not proof of the contrary.

Anything is possible.
Maybe Satoshi is a hyper-intelligent cat, sent from the planet Gooseboig XIII.

Are there any facts that support even a remote possibility he might be a government employee?

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:56:53 PM

Are there any facts that support even a remote possibility he might be a government employee?
"Government employee" is too broad.  That includes being a janitor at an elementary school, a disgruntled scientist at a military research faciltiy, or Edward Snowden.  So, are there any facts that would hint at him NOT being a government employee, in this broad sense?

But I was thinking of Bitcoin being a government project and Satoshi being the team that designed it.  For one thing, the design is too complex but too "final", with all the problems thought of and carefully fixed in some way; that suggests a team with a mission, rather than an individual working alone on a dream.  Also the US government is strangely ambiguous, even friendly, about a project that is openly meant to let people evade its control. Is that enough facts to "support even a remote possibility"?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:59:18 PM

"Government employee" is too broad.  That includes being a janitor at an elementary school, a disgruntled scientist at a military research faciltiy, or Edward Snowden.  So, are there any facts that would hint at him NOT being a government employee, in this broad sense?

But I was thinking of Bitcoin being a government project and Satoshi being the team that designed it.  For one thing, the design is too complex but too "final", with all the problems thought of and carefully fixed in some way; that suggests a team with a mission, rather than an individual working alone on a dream.  Also the US government is strangely ambiguous, even friendly, about a project that is openly meant to let people evade its control. Is that enough facts to "support even a remote possibility"?

could be possible.

if true, what do you think that would imply?

jorgecam

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:54:01 PM

where I get such an idea?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4510

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:09:23 AM

main reasons satoshi should not come forward

Wheres your stash, and gimme your private keys  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Give me your 1million bitcoins please?
If I buy you sushi, can you shoot me over some of your stash?
Please, may you give me your private key and your bitcoin address?  Grin
Would you give me some BTC you have when you first mined (assuming he did).
I would ask him/her/they to give me 100 btc  Cool

he gave the people a way to make money that was not fixed to any government red tape such as tax, minimum wage, employee contracts, gold plot permits, etc. Yet some people cant see the benefits and still want free hand outs.

if you cant understand the beauty of what satoshi has gave the world then you do not deserve to have an interview with him

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
wheresmycoin

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:34:55 PM

what's your reason for creating bitcoin to be susceptible to a 51% attack?

thats my current question.

The design is that the majority of the hashing power decides which blockchain is valid, in case of a conflict. He did not propose "susceptible to a 51% attack" to be a feature of Bitcoin.

y didn't he incorporate something like peer coin feature which doesn't have 51% attack?

Why didn't Ford put a DVD player in the Model T?

on further thoughts,
if satoshi can think of bitcoin,
i'm sure nakamoto had already thought of all other existing altscoin's special features as well, just that bitcoin is still better overall.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 06:33:29 PM

Burden of proof fallacy.
I am not CLAIMING that he is a government employee.  Only pointing out that it is a possibility.  Lack of proof is not proof of the contrary.

I've seen this argument before, when debating theists about their imaginary friend(s)...

"I am not CLAIMING that there is a god, only pointing out that it is a possibility."

That's nice honey. There's just one problem with that logic - EVERYTHING is a possibility. Pointing out something as a possibility is the same as saying nothing at all. So don't waste your bandwidth and our time by doing it.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:14:49 PM

it would be ..

How are you doing ?

if he's in a good mood I would be encouraged to ask ..

what happened here?

http://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/new-mystery-about-satoshi/  Huh

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 08:43:00 PM

Do you still like your son Mark Karpeles after all?

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:08:37 PM

I was just thinking about this...it would have been pretty funny if he would have posted something like "Newsweek you caught me..."

He basically could have made everyone keep thinking that Dorian was the real Satoshi...
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:23:44 PM

I was just thinking about this...it would have been pretty funny if he would have posted something like "Newsweek you caught me..."

He basically could have made everyone keep thinking that Dorian was the real Satoshi...

Funny...but in reality it would be a total dick move. 

Satoshi is not a dick.

And Dorian is too cool to do that to.

Musent

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:37:58 PM

What could be the first question you would ask if you met Satoshi?

How would you feel that moment?

Can you kill BTC and start a new one. Let me know what the name is, since there is 400 shitcoins now Smiley
Aquent

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:37:51 AM

If you were to hold John Galt's speech, what would you say?
Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:52:35 AM

How did the idea to discover bitcoin came into your mind ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: