Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nicepumper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:58:30 PM

What about a TV commercial or something? ive never seen a crypto tv commercial  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:01:30 PM

Hey you, "rocketscientist"
Don't spread the context.
The context was 'logo voting' and 'summer'.

On lazyness:
how do you call it, if there has been info in the forums/boards and that is not used?
a) that info was not useful
b) that info was not seen
c) that info was intentionally skipped

If a), then where has been discussed that eg. my Trello-comments about different voting
systems have been detected as 'not useful'?

If b) or c), then could be asked "why?".
Other options mean lazyness.

Lately I have got such a picture that, after Utopianfuture left, the NEM team is
not so concentrated, not so organized, just getting (quickly) the solutions, which "feel" good.
(yea, this was not a comment about coding process)

In the case of logo the discipline process would have requested at least 3 steps:
 1 - gathering the logo comments or at least reading all of them before starting planning the voting system
 2 - discussion about different voting systems
 3 - selecting the voting system

Were those steps used during "a serious concrete plan on the logo while we "lazily"
discussed about it at great length in the last month
" ?
I do not see that in Trello/'Logo Contest 2. Phase of Narrowing down'...

If you read my response to your accusation, you should notice that I've done my "walk".
And yes. I know that the dev team is doing their work - that was not the issue here.
During the ~ half a year I have also "walked near" the dev team; tho only doing reviews,
coz my Java skills ain't good enough.
(If being precisely, I do not know the dev team's work until I have tested it)

Just remember you can tell by PM or post here what could be done to improve community.

Be pro-active. Its very easy tell others are lazy. And you, are you lazy? Could you have posted an suggestion before voting has started?

I really don't like tell other people I don't know how they are, in my opinion. I don't know all the context.

And I think they (devs) lose very precious time here answering some questions  that dont need answer.

Wink

cheers and be happy!!!

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:06:00 PM

That will get your account banned as posting addresses is against BT policy. Do it on your own forum

Posting tx ids or hashes isn't afaik.
Since people have to send 1 NXT from the account the asset should be issued to anway i don't see a problem.

Thanks for mentioning it though.

It has nothing to do specifically with posting addresses, tx ids, or hashes. Addresses is just the most common type of spam we're trying to stop. The basic rule is that you should be not be requiring people to post in your thread, period. This is a discussion forum, and that just leads to spam that makes discussion near impossible.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:13:48 PM

How can you identify stakeholders if you move to NEM forum?

Good question. Still thinking about how to do that.

If you took all the requests you have via pm now, and quoted them here, and said the post was just so the community had a record, it would not be violating any BTT rule at that point.

Something like - Example

"These quotes below are PM's I've received, with the tx id of the one Nxt they sent, and Xtester double checked. We will be issuing tokens to these people in 2 hours, if anyone has any issues with this, or see anything wrong, PM us right away AND post here"

I Can't see this getting anything banned. This follows what BadBear just said as well. What do you think?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

That will get your account banned as posting addresses is against BT policy. Do it on your own forum

Posting tx ids or hashes isn't afaik.
Since people have to send 1 NXT from the account the asset should be issued to anway i don't see a problem.

Thanks for mentioning it though.

It has nothing to do specifically with posting addresses, tx ids, or hashes. Addresses is just the most common type of spam we're trying to stop. The basic rule is that you should be not be requiring people to post in your thread, period. This is a discussion forum, and that just leads to spam that makes discussion near impossible.
what if there is an entirely separate thread the sole purpose of which is in order for people to claim stakes? therefore that thread is not intended as a place for discussion and thus discussion cannot be made impossible? or is this just a global rule through out all threads?

All these were separate threads, intended only for giveaways, no discussion. Do you see how it disrupts discussion still?

And before you say it would only be one thread, if we allow it for one coin, we have to allow it for all. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:26:00 PM

Lets keep it the way it was before, clean and simple.

Who ever is taking the requests just needs to be a little more careful on name checking.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:34:13 PM

Hey you, "rocketscientist"
Don't spread the context.
The context was 'logo voting' and 'summer'.

On lazyness:
how do you call it, if there has been info in the forums/boards and that is not used?
a) that info was not useful
b) that info was not seen
c) that info was intentionally skipped

If a), then where has been discussed that eg. my Trello-comments about different voting
systems have been detected as 'not useful'?

If b) or c), then could be asked "why?".
Other options mean lazyness.

Lately I have got such a picture that, after Utopianfuture left, the NEM team is
not so concentrated, not so organized, just getting (quickly) the solutions, which "feel" good.
(yea, this was not a comment about coding process)

In the case of logo the discipline process would have requested at least 3 steps:
 1 - gathering the logo comments or at least reading all of them before starting planning the voting system
 2 - discussion about different voting systems
 3 - selecting the voting system

Were those steps used during "a serious concrete plan on the logo while we "lazily"
discussed about it at great length in the last month
" ?
I do not see that in Trello/'Logo Contest 2. Phase of Narrowing down'...

If you read my response to your accusation, you should notice that I've done my "walk".
And yes. I know that the dev team is doing their work - that was not the issue here.
During the ~ half a year I have also "walked near" the dev team; tho only doing reviews,
coz my Java skills ain't good enough.
(If being precisely, I do not know the dev team's work until I have tested it)

Just remember you can tell by PM or post here what could be done to improve community.

Be pro-active. Its very easy tell others are lazy. And you, are you lazy? Could you have posted an suggestion before voting has started?

I really don't like tell other people I don't know how they are, in my opinion. I don't know all the context.

And I think they (devs) lose very precious time here answering some questions  that dont need answer.

Wink

cheers and be happy!!!

maybe your post proves all this.

You just took one post and made your conclusions. And the result is wrong. (Maybe the same has happened with many issues)

If you would have read my earlier posts couple pages ago, you could have noticed that I wrote about these things as early as in March.

It is difficult to be happy with these circumstances.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:38:07 PM

I can't wait until this coin is launched and we can put all this behind us Roll Eyes Cheesy

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:49:15 PM

this is the exact reason i am selling my stake. this and the logo voting partial vote.

this has been argued about for over a week. this iis a very very simple thing as check a name.

you can do this (check a name on a list). its the point that there is no organisation. look how hard of a time you are having accomplising simple task. check a name. you can check a name. you are in confusion about who will, how will it be done. when will it be done. this is so silly it makes me laugh. utopianfuture leaving was a ruse.  he jumped ship. for good reason.

this example of a team that has a very hard time work with each other

then there is the logo. you have a vote on logo and i and many other cant get in to make a vote. all confusion. simple answer was have vote here for x logos. then have runoff electon to make it fair if need be. a little more complicated  buut holy christ, not that bad of a task. cant do it right.

you say we are spending time on more important thing. what are they. you tell the community nothing becasue you have noting of value you work on, or you would be talking about it.

and dont even think of just giving me a refund. i came to this community very early, gave advice, no one agreed , ok, but i tried.

I AM NOT TROLLING

i am talk about real issues, just labled a troll. cant say anyting here unless its go nem, nem is so great. tell me what is so great about it. what does it do.the reason i came here cause i but into fair disturbiton idea. it was good one. still best one it think. the thing this was to have instead of nxt was community. and fair, and change the world.

you had the chance to change the world, but you release it. give it away
cant give out a token
cant do a fair vote cause some cant cast ballot
how are you going to compete with other new maidsafe ethreum nxt skycoin etc
you cant do easy of things

i will sell my stake. i will buy back if you start of do better or new people come on the team. team now is bad
you have good wallet and coin. if you can do better at management i will come back

i have kept quiet, just watching with my puppets (not stakeholerr lol)

i had to say something
lexicon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:58:23 PM

i will sell my stake. i will buy back if you start of do better or new people come on the team. team now is bad
you have good wallet and coin. if you can do better at management i will come back

i had to say something

Listen, I have been highly critical of the way things have been handled too, but I think you have too look at the point that they are at with the coin right now. We are still pre-launch.

They are fixing the log in issues at the NemForum, if they are not fixed already, try again.

Don't give up on this coin. These guys are doing a great job overall, and I would be the first to say something. I will say negative things, as I have if need be.

I just think you are mistaken.

If I were you I would keep at the very least half of your stake. You will regret it if you "jump ship"

TRUST ME
contraband

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:08:11 PM

i had to say something

Listen, I have been highly critical of the way things have been handled too, but I think you have too look at the point that they are at with the coin right now. We are still pre-launch.

They are fixing the log in issues at the NemForum, if they are not fixed already, try again.

Don't give up on this coin. These guys are doing a great job overall, and I would be the first to say something. I will say negative things, as I have if need be.

If I were you I would keep at the very least half of your stake. You will regret it if you "jump ship"

TRUST ME

I see you sell your stake. you try to get stake token

but how they do anything inportant if they can not do easy thing. you tell me this

i watch very close, thing are very all over place
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:08:20 PM

i had to say something

TRUST ME

+1

NEM has not even started, so far!
You better should completely ignore the price right now.

Here it is: TakePart!
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:09:34 PM

but how they do anything inportant if they can not do easy thing. you tell me this

You are easy, too

Here it is: TakePart!
lexicon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:26:34 PM

You have no idea what I am doing with my stake, I'm not going to get into the details, but you can be rest assured that I will have at least 5 to 10 stakes before V1 hits!!

I trade and mine for a living. That's all I do. I live on a lake. Do the math. Don't sell your stake if you want to make money.

The great thing about NEM, is it's one of those coins that are more than a coin. It's more than money at stake here possibly.

It has a very lofty goal. Change the world, yes. If it's going to do this, many things have to get ironed out, yes.

That's why I'm saying some things now. We are in pre-launch. Trust me the NEM team will reach a point were they are operating like a well oiled machine. I plan to help with that myself. Yes, things are a little chaotic right now, but many things are going on, and they are still a relatively new team. We are still PRE-LAUNCH.

I am critical of the NEM team because it is in my best interest, and the best interest of NEM, for things to be fixed if there is a problem.

Those people that just come here and say "NEM to MOON" and can't say a bad word about anything aren't helping the situation. People like you are. Stick with us, make sure we get these things fixed.

like I said,

TRUST ME

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

I can't wait until this coin is launched and we can put all this behind us Roll Eyes Cheesy

+1

ok lets get some positive discussion going.

iv got a list of news outlets but i know its not a complete list and im missing some.

would be great if someone could jump in a make suggestions for ones iv missed.

cryptoarticles
cryptocoinsnews
coindesk
cryptolife
cryptopros
zerohedge
cryptologs
cryptohedge
bitcoin foundation
bitcoin magazine
ibtimes
newsBTC
forexminute
motherboard
finextra
wall street journal
cointelegraph
techchronicals
forbes
financial times
bitcoin owl

is there anyone among our community that has a large following on twitter or friends with a large following that you could bring into nem or get them to tweet stuff for you? same goes for facebook? if so please let me know and we can put you down as a contact when the masses need to be told about any cool releases etc.

ok we need to get some good ideas flowing around here. we need to bring in new users. the raffle is good and all but we cant just stop at that. we need to attract attention from the masses outside of the crypto 2.0 circle that we currently draw most attention from.

to help push this and get some real juices flowing im going to put up a bounty of .1 nem stake for the best marketing idea,(just to be clear this is out of my personal funds) but for the .1 to be awarded it must be something not thought of before ie. a unique idea that hasnt been done in the crypto space, so dont say "give money to charity" or anything unimaginative like that.

it must also be implemented by the team at some stage in order for it to be a valid winner. also, there isnt a guaranteed winner. if there isnt an idea thats deemed suitable/good enough by me or the core team then the .1 wont be awarded to anyone.

i reserve the right to include new rules or modify current rules if people start taking the mick for any reason. (precautionary measure).

lets rock and roll! Cheesy

Good idea Kod.

In the meantime I am also discussing a quicker solution for the assets with Pat.

Will hopefully update on that later.  Wink
lexicon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:46:53 PM

Well,

It's sunday at 7pm

Let's keep our promise and get these tokens sent out today.

I can't think of a more positive thing to happen than to keep that promise and get this behind us.

More than 10 people have commented and supported me in my plan to get this back underway. It makes us look bad that a scam has held us back this long. Let's get this checked off the list.

Today is the day. So let's deliever!!!

BIG POSITIVE STEP

Also, is the Nem Forum fixed? Is everybody able to vote now without using TOR?

Can we make that announcement?

Getting problems fixed in a timely manner is VERY, VERY important to the value of a coin!!!
lexicon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:50:37 PM

+1

ok lets get some positive discussion going.

iv got a list of news outlets but i know its not a complete list and im missing some.

would be great if someone could jump in a make suggestions for ones iv missed.

cryptoarticles
cryptocoinsnews
coindesk
cryptolife
cryptopros
zerohedge
cryptologs
cryptohedge
bitcoin foundation
bitcoin magazine
ibtimes
newsBTC
forexminute
motherboard
finextra
wall street journal
cointelegraph
techchronicals
forbes
financial times
bitcoin owl

is there anyone among our community that has a large following on twitter or friends with a large following that you could bring into nem or get them to tweet stuff for you? same goes for facebook? if so please let me know and we can put you down as a contact when the masses need to be told about any cool releases etc.

ok we need to get some good ideas flowing around here. we need to bring in new users. the raffle is good and all but we cant just stop at that. we need to attract attention from the masses outside of the crypto 2.0 circle that we currently draw most attention from.

to help push this and get some real juices flowing im going to put up a bounty of .1 nem stake for the best marketing idea,(just to be clear this is out of my personal funds) but for the .1 to be awarded it must be something not thought of before ie. a unique idea that hasnt been done in the crypto space, so dont say "give money to charity" or anything unimaginative like that.

it must also be implemented by the team at some stage in order for it to be a valid winner. also, there isnt a guaranteed winner. if there isnt an idea thats deemed suitable/good enough by me or the core team then the .1 wont be awarded to anyone.

i reserve the right to include new rules or modify current rules if people start taking the mick for any reason. (precautionary measure).

lets rock and roll! Cheesy

Good idea Kod.

In the meantime I am also discussing a quicker solution for the assets with Pat.

Will hopefully update on that later.  Wink

+1 Great Plan!!!
contraband

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:52:52 PM

You have no idea what I am doing with my stake, I'm not going to get into the details, but you can be rest assured that I will have at least 5 to 10 stakes before V1 hits!!

I trade and mine for a living. That's all I do. I live on a lake. Do the math. Don't sell your stake if you want to make money.

The great thing about NEM, is it's one of those coins that are more than a coin. It's more than money at stake here possibly.

It has a very lofty goal. Change the world, yes. If it's going to do this, many things have to get ironed out, yes.

That's why I'm saying some things now. We are in pre-launch. Trust me the NEM team will reach a point were they are operating like a well oiled machine. I plan to help with that myself. Yes, things are a little chaotic right now, but many things are going on, and they are still a relatively new team. We are still PRE-LAUNCH.

I am critical of the NEM team because it is in my best interest, and the best interest of NEM, for things to be fixed if there is a problem.

Those people that just come here and say "NEM to MOON" and can't say a bad word about anything aren't helping the situation. People like you are. Stick with us, make sure we get these things fixed.

like I said,

TRUST ME

i will keep half, I half trust you Wink
contraband

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:56:35 PM

Well,

It's sunday at 7pm

Let's keep our promise and get these tokens sent out today.

I can't think of a more positive thing to happen than to keep that promise and get this behind us.

More than 10 people have commented and supported me in my plan to get this back underway. It makes us look bad that a scam has held us back this long. Let's get this checked off the list.

Today is the day. So let's deliever!!!

BIG POSITIVE STEP

Also, is the Nem Forum fixed? Is everybody able to vote now without using TOR?

Can we make that announcement?

Getting problems fixed in a timely manner is VERY, VERY important to the value of a coin!!!

yes. where is the token.
look like we do pm to xtester and patmaster i read.
is this a plan.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:59:18 PM

like I said,

TRUST ME

+1. NEM could be a great thing. The core developers are solid. It has a very lofty goal and that is a good thing coz if it achieves half of the goal, it could be very successful.

Logo choice, token issuance are small stuffs. But it shows management and coordination capability.

More communication would be good. I can help, others can help with small stuffs.

But I don't know where the issues are and I don't make a decision.

You need a project manager like UtopianFuture before.

Makoto, xtester, rockethead, patmaster etc. ? who makes small stuff decision, coordinate and fix issues?

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: