Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:09:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 [748] 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:39:33 AM

WE NEEED MARKETING!
Where are all those devs and marketers? since the launch devs and "marketers" (except patmast3r and gimre) just disapeard. Also i don't understnd why the op was deleted. Now if somebody new comes here problably will not click on that link, also there are not enough informations. The original op was much more better. If i'm not wrong the btt stakeholders doesn't even get their stakes. JUST IMAGINE THAT THESE PEOPLES GOT  2btc+ for free . Do you think they will hodl for another year? When they will get it, we have to expect a huge dump. I'm not of affraid of this dump because of the price ,anyway I'M NOT SELLING MINES. The problem is that, people around exchanges will see only that nem price is falling like hell, and they will NOT join the nem community.WE HAVE TO increase the community, we need more active devs and "marketers".
EDIT: yeah, and you can start to upbraid me, like patmast3r did after my other comment like this.

we are very active, I assure you.  we are the ones that made the nem.io website and all the tutorials at http://blog.nem.io/ we also are having lots of meeting behind the scenes.  if you would like to contribute please pm me and I'll explain how you can help.

The behind the scenese meetings and whatever isn't blowing up the PR section. You can see that from launch. Everybody was so excited before the launch for months. The launch had to be a much bigger "impact".On the forums(here and nem forum),beside the woohoo comments and to the moon comments , almost nothing happend. People were asking wondered on poloniex that wtf is that nem. Some idiots just throw that it was a free distribution nxt asset, then you can guess what people thought about nem.
To clear things up . I'M SPEAKING ABOUT THE PR STUFF, not about the technical.

Yeah, it would make sense that during first 48 hours at least one of the "7 marketers" was present in the Poloniex chat to explain things. But instead they were in some backroom. Holding a meeting. It appears there is not even the simplest marketing step by step plan.

so you'd rather have them spent their time defending against a couple of DASH shills that don't give a damn anyway ?

5 idiots were posting there FUD, but 500 people were reading the FUD. So yeah I think it would be hours very well spend to explain things in that chat.

Radix - just imagine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:39:58 AM

Anon and geocaching seem to be quite hot right now. Altough I don't know if u're planning to go there.

Honestly there are a lot of cool features in the wild but none of them seem to bring much adoption to those platforms.
Adoption is where I'd like NEM to go. Implement the features that people (and I mean all people not just crypto circle jerkers) need and want instead of features that are technicaly interesting and cool but most people won't ever use.

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 10:40:37 AM

I own the electronic retail site: www.eyeboot.com and we will be accepting NEM payment very soon.

That's cool.
How about a limited discount for people paying with XEM on a Pi2 ? Smiley

Sure let me see what we can work out.
I love the project by the way.
patmast3r

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:41:28 AM

WE NEEED MARKETING!
Where are all those devs and marketers? since the launch devs and "marketers" (except patmast3r and gimre) just disapeard. Also i don't understnd why the op was deleted. Now if somebody new comes here problably will not click on that link, also there are not enough informations. The original op was much more better. If i'm not wrong the btt stakeholders doesn't even get their stakes. JUST IMAGINE THAT THESE PEOPLES GOT  2btc+ for free . Do you think they will hodl for another year? When they will get it, we have to expect a huge dump. I'm not of affraid of this dump because of the price ,anyway I'M NOT SELLING MINES. The problem is that, people around exchanges will see only that nem price is falling like hell, and they will NOT join the nem community.WE HAVE TO increase the community, we need more active devs and "marketers".
EDIT: yeah, and you can start to upbraid me, like patmast3r did after my other comment like this.

we are very active, I assure you.  we are the ones that made the nem.io website and all the tutorials at http://blog.nem.io/ we also are having lots of meeting behind the scenes.  if you would like to contribute please pm me and I'll explain how you can help.

The behind the scenese meetings and whatever isn't blowing up the PR section. You can see that from launch. Everybody was so excited before the launch for months. The launch had to be a much bigger "impact".On the forums(here and nem forum),beside the woohoo comments and to the moon comments , almost nothing happend. People were asking wondered on poloniex that wtf is that nem. Some idiots just throw that it was a free distribution nxt asset, then you can guess what people thought about nem.

Yeah, it would make sense that during first 48 hours at least one of the "7 marketers" was present in the Poloniex chat to explain things. But instead they were in some backroom. Holding a meeting. It appears there is not even the simplest marketing step by step plan.

so you'd rather have them spent their time defending against a couple of DASH shills that don't give a damn anyway ?

5 idiots were posting there FUD, but 500 people were reading the FUD. So yeah I think it would be hours very well spend to explain things in that chat.

so tell me why you didn't do it ?
psybit said it. Instead of constantly demand some of you need to start doing.

patmast3r

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:43:02 AM

I own the electronic retail site: www.eyeboot.com and we will be accepting NEM payment very soon.

That's cool.
How about a limited discount for people paying with XEM on a Pi2 ? Smiley

Sure let me see what we can work out.
I love the project by the way.

glad to hear it. I guess it's best to contact xtester or anyone else from the core team and maybe you can hash something out.

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 10:47:15 AM

Anon and geocaching seem to be quite hot right now. Altough I don't know if u're planning to go there.

geocachers don't like using caches for marketing.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:49:02 AM

WE NEEED MARKETING!

so tell me why you didn't do it ?
psybit said it. Instead of constantly demand some of you need to start doing.

Because I was not informed of the launch at all. I had a NEM stake and was subscribed to the NEM newsletter. I've received 3 NEM newsletters by email, but nothing announcing the launch. No PM in BTCTalk. I saw that NEM has launched by chance in another thread.

After 14 months of development not announcing the launch date at least 1 month in advance can be described as chaotic at best.

Radix - just imagine
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:49:47 AM

I can appreciate your concerns about marketing. Here is a post of mine from last year, things have changed but I am re-posting it just to give you an idea of what we're working on. Hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday we have some really good news for you.  Wink

NEM Marketing Proposal

Here are some thoughts I have regarding NEM marketing side.

Marketing and human nature

The more we study human nature we seem to discover that man is not as rational as he thought. In fact, he is invariably guided by a combination of conscious, subconscious, emotions and biases which often leads to decisions that are at best irrational and at worst very damaging for individuals and society in general. In a utopian world, we would only have to build a great piece of technology and people would rush to adopt it immediately, simply because it would be in their best interest. In our world, however, it seems it has become increasingly hard for people to make sense of the world. Not only that, but even when people understand what’s wrong and what they need to do, they rarely have the power to act in accordance to what they think.

Here’s the point where good marketing comes in. There was a time when people believed they could solve big problems just by pointing the way toward a solution. As we can see now, the decision dynamics of humanity is a nearly impossibly complex mechanism that is rarely advancing in the right direction. So if we want to change something important for the better, we simply cannot leave things to randomness and inertia. The question then is, can we change the course of things, albeit in a small yet instrumental way? And if so, how?

Making it simple and sexy

I think the bitcoin story, though still at its very beginning, can offer some very useful and powerful lessons as to how this may be done, and indeed, confirm this is really possible. Indeed, consider that bitcoin has achieved the current status lacking both simplicity and sexyness. When those will be added(and I know a lot of people are working on that now) I think bitcoin will probably go to a whole other level.

In fact there may be an even better example from which one could learn some important things. Consider the story of Elon Musk, who is arguably one of the most important entrepreneurs/engineer/ inventor alive and apparently a billionaire genius.1 As he understood where we are today and what are some of the most important problems/threats we could face in the future, he came up with some ideas and plans as to how this problems could be solved and threats could be transformed into powerful innovation for the benefit of humanity. One of the problems he figured is that auto industry was advancing in the wrong direction because of unsustainable production and consumption of energy(Pollution and climate damage with potentially destructive consequences for the long term and high consumption of relatively scarce resources). He also figured that arguably for the immediate future the solution would lay in electric cars. The biggest problem with electric cars was their perception. Who wants them?! They’re slow, ugly, unreliable, low range, boring and unsexy. So even if you would make an electric car, you could not beat people into buying it, nobody would. Or at least, nobody until they learned about Tesla Motors.2 Elon musk figured that the most effective way to solve the problem would be to radically redefine the perception about electric cars by creating the first compelling electric car ever built that would capture the imagination of people. It should be better in almost every aspect than its gasoline competitors3 but most important of all, the car should be sexy, irresistibly sexy. This is how the burden of psychological hard work has changed from the customer to the inventor.  An irresistibly sexy product has been created and all the customer needs to do is follow his basic instincts, passively catalyzing the solution for a very important problem in the process.

An antifragile solution

It seems the solutions offered until now are very fragile precisely because they are inherently dependent on a highly unstable variable, the human nature. But think for a second, what if we could engineer a meta-solution, one that could solve or isolate a much bigger problem which would in turn render us resilient or even better yet, antifragile to human nature?

How would that look in reality? Well, instead of asking of people to use their will power, self-discipline and invest a great deal of intellectual and psychological effort to fight a long war with the current economic and banking system, we should try to put in a great deal of thought at the beginning and design an irresistible, almost addictive product that would drive the way to decentralization at the greatest speed precisely when people would lack any kind of will power and self-discipline and would rather act instinctively and impulsively following their blind desires.

The tipping point

Lets say we could engineer such a product, well in that case, our only target would be to reach a tipping point. It would be reached when enough mass and speed would unleash an exponential growth period. That is the point when epidemics become pandemics, when growth explodes in such a way that it virtually becomes unstoppable. Beyond that point there won't be any need for us.

A tale of mass adoption

If there would be a worthy goal for NEM, it would certainly be mass adoption. In fact if mass adoption of NEM would happen, at least part of all the problems regarding current unsustainable economic systems would be solved in the process. It would seem the best way to start working on NEM would be with this final goal in mind. Picture a utopian future where NEM mass adoption has already happened. Now look closely at that future, what do you see? All you have to do now is reason backwards from there or reverse-engineer the process to understand what would have had to happen in order for NEM to reach that point.

Although there are a lot of things that are very blurry about that version of the future, at least some things are crystal clear:
- We have radically redefined the perception about crypto-currency by shifting from this complex geeky thing to making it the simplest, safest and fastest way to use money and transfer value.
- We have made the complex technological part almost invisible and came up with some simple and useful gadgets/devices which would allow us to do everything we need.
- We have gradually removed all impediments(physical or psychological) toward mass adoption – including thinking about it.
- Nobody cares how it’s even called anymore because it just works and everybody uses it.
- We have stopped showing average people technical specs and features and created a simple story to capture their imagination and outline the great benefits they have when using our system, because we figured that’s the only thing they care about.
- We have created an abundant ecosystem and seamlessly integrated NEM to naturally be used for everything we do in the world.
- We made money simple and sexy, all while solving some of the most critical economic problems in the process.

I understand that for mass adoption to happen, multiple paradigm shifts and pandemic like adoption rates are necessary at some point, however I think the idea is still worth a thought experiment.

Maybe there is a way we can somehow orchestrate these things to reach that outcome, maybe NEM is one of the next black swans.

Here are some steps we could start with now in order to take that version of the future closer to reality:

1. Outline a basic plan/roudmap toward mass adoption(or whatever our target is) and establish some basic guidelines in the form of checkpoints toward which the community could aim.

2. Focus on establishing our brand:

Action:

- answer these questions: who are we?(currency, store of value, payment system, a movement to enable all of that and a lot more?) what are 3 terms that best describe the benefits we bring to the end user(E.g. simplicity, financial freedom, security?), what is our target?

3. Create a concentrated, sustained and targeted marketing campaign to share our message in the most effective manner:

Action:

- Define core principles and values for our NEM movement.
- Spread our brand(key words, logo, smart and attractive campaign) everywhere.
-  Create a "secret" feature launch calendar and strategically coordinate launch dates and announcements of important features.
- Create the investors handout and update it along the way with our history, most important benefits we bring  and long term plan(all covered in good marketing).
- Create one or more smart and appealing NEM videos. We can definitely start with something like this in mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo but why not try to make it more like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5X5cV-4LRo.
- Create a cool weekly blog and newsletter for all NEM stakeholders containing updates, market analysis, pre-announcements of features etc.
- Set a target to strategically market ourselves in the most important newspapers, publications, well known blogs and conferences four our field.
- Coordinate social media accounts strategically and effectively in accordance to our branding.
- Strategically target and offer 5 - 10 free stakes to convert celebrities/entrepreneurs/ influential people to NEM.(Economists, smart technology guys, entrepreneurs, etc)
- Try to create a viral marketing campaign - offering a great incentive to all stakeholders/businesses to bring new people in.
- Create a NEM evangelist manual outlining how businesses should be pitched and have a F.A.Q. added to the manual.
- Contact several payment processors right after the alpha launch and establish a relationship with them. (Bitpay, Coinbase, Coinkite, etc) in order to be able to offer merchants and businesses the ability to accept NEM as soon as possible and even allow them to pay salary in NEM.
- Establish the demographics of our ideal user and try to develop a very appealing marketing strategy for him.
- Create a campaign in which every NEMster is attempting to bring 3(or more) of his smartest friends into NEM.
- Create some NEM games.
- Create a corporate design theme.(I like what NXT is doing)
- Establish what we can and want to do for businesses and try to develop a very appealing marketing strategy to help businesses accept NEM, list on our asset exchange, etc(show them step by step how to do it and how they would benefit from doing that).
- Establish a target of reaching at least 30000 users until the end of 2014 and plan how we can do that.
- Establish a target to get at least 30 companies to list on our asset exchange until the end of 2014 and plan how we can achieve that.
- Establish a target to find at least 10 companies that will pay salaries in NEM until the end of 2014.
- Establish a target to fund at least 20 big NEM project to enrich the NEM ecosystem until the end of 2014.
- I have some more ideas which will be kept secret till the right moment comes.

I also believe it is extremely important try to measure the effect of strategies we undertake in order to know if we want to pivot or persevere.

This plan is meant to be some food for thought and a springboard for the community to start participating. When looking at the suggestions above, do it with this question in mind: how could we improve things even more, how can we make things even more effective?

When you think about the great potential NEM has please understand this, we're only at the very beginning and trust me, you've seen nothing yet.

References:
1 Elon Musk is working on two things at the moment: Making life multiplanetary and accelerating the advent of sustainable and energy efficient means of transportation. He is CEO of two companies at the same time(SPACEX and Tesla Motors), works 80-100 hours weekly and is arguably building the most advanced rockets and cars in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk
2 Here is a car built from the ground up to take advantage of the technology available in the 21st century. http://www.teslamotors.com/models/features#/environment
3 Tesla Model S was rated 99 out of 100 point on consumer report: http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/09/autos/tesla-model-s-consumer-reports/

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:50:41 AM

I see...  you confused champagne with them Crack Hoes pissing in the jacuzzi!!!   Grin

Seems so, I couldn't afford even to see champagne before I invested into Nxt.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:01:39 AM

I can appreciate your concerns about marketing. Here is a post of mine from last year, things have changed but I am re-posting it just to give you an idea of what we're working on. Hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday we have some really good news for you.  Wink

NEM Marketing Proposal

Here are some thoughts I have regarding NEM marketing side.

Marketing and human nature

The more we study human nature we seem to discover that man is not as rational as he thought. In fact, he is invariably guided by a combination of conscious, subconscious, emotions and biases which often leads to decisions that are at best irrational and at worst very damaging for individuals and society in general. In a utopian world, we would only have to build a great piece of technology and people would rush to adopt it immediately, simply because it would be in their best interest. In our world, however, it seems it has become increasingly hard for people to make sense of the world. Not only that, but even when people understand what’s wrong and what they need to do, they rarely have the power to act in accordance to what they think.

Here’s the point where good marketing comes in. There was a time when people believed they could solve big problems just by pointing the way toward a solution. As we can see now, the decision dynamics of humanity is a nearly impossibly complex mechanism that is rarely advancing in the right direction. So if we want to change something important for the better, we simply cannot leave things to randomness and inertia. The question then is, can we change the course of things, albeit in a small yet instrumental way? And if so, how?

Making it simple and sexy

I think the bitcoin story, though still at its very beginning, can offer some very useful and powerful lessons as to how this may be done, and indeed, confirm this is really possible. Indeed, consider that bitcoin has achieved the current status lacking both simplicity and sexyness. When those will be added(and I know a lot of people are working on that now) I think bitcoin will probably go to a whole other level.

In fact there may be an even better example from which one could learn some important things. Consider the story of Elon Musk, who is arguably one of the most important entrepreneurs/engineer/ inventor alive and apparently a billionaire genius.1 As he understood where we are today and what are some of the most important problems/threats we could face in the future, he came up with some ideas and plans as to how this problems could be solved and threats could be transformed into powerful innovation for the benefit of humanity. One of the problems he figured is that auto industry was advancing in the wrong direction because of unsustainable production and consumption of energy(Pollution and climate damage with potentially destructive consequences for the long term and high consumption of relatively scarce resources). He also figured that arguably for the immediate future the solution would lay in electric cars. The biggest problem with electric cars was their perception. Who wants them?! They’re slow, ugly, unreliable, low range, boring and unsexy. So even if you would make an electric car, you could not beat people into buying it, nobody would. Or at least, nobody until they learned about Tesla Motors.2 Elon musk figured that the most effective way to solve the problem would be to radically redefine the perception about electric cars by creating the first compelling electric car ever built that would capture the imagination of people. It should be better in almost every aspect than its gasoline competitors3 but most important of all, the car should be sexy, irresistibly sexy. This is how the burden of psychological hard work has changed from the customer to the inventor.  An irresistibly sexy product has been created and all the customer needs to do is follow his basic instincts, passively catalyzing the solution for a very important problem in the process.

An antifragile solution

It seems the solutions offered until now are very fragile precisely because they are inherently dependent on a highly unstable variable, the human nature. But think for a second, what if we could engineer a meta-solution, one that could solve or isolate a much bigger problem which would in turn render us resilient or even better yet, antifragile to human nature?

How would that look in reality? Well, instead of asking of people to use their will power, self-discipline and invest a great deal of intellectual and psychological effort to fight a long war with the current economic and banking system, we should try to put in a great deal of thought at the beginning and design an irresistible, almost addictive product that would drive the way to decentralization at the greatest speed precisely when people would lack any kind of will power and self-discipline and would rather act instinctively and impulsively following their blind desires.

The tipping point

Lets say we could engineer such a product, well in that case, our only target would be to reach a tipping point. It would be reached when enough mass and speed would unleash an exponential growth period. That is the point when epidemics become pandemics, when growth explodes in such a way that it virtually becomes unstoppable. Beyond that point there won't be any need for us.

A tale of mass adoption

If there would be a worthy goal for NEM, it would certainly be mass adoption. In fact if mass adoption of NEM would happen, at least part of all the problems regarding current unsustainable economic systems would be solved in the process. It would seem the best way to start working on NEM would be with this final goal in mind. Picture a utopian future where NEM mass adoption has already happened. Now look closely at that future, what do you see? All you have to do now is reason backwards from there or reverse-engineer the process to understand what would have had to happen in order for NEM to reach that point.

Although there are a lot of things that are very blurry about that version of the future, at least some things are crystal clear:
- We have radically redefined the perception about crypto-currency by shifting from this complex geeky thing to making it the simplest, safest and fastest way to use money and transfer value.
- We have made the complex technological part almost invisible and came up with some simple and useful gadgets/devices which would allow us to do everything we need.
- We have gradually removed all impediments(physical or psychological) toward mass adoption – including thinking about it.
- Nobody cares how it’s even called anymore because it just works and everybody uses it.
- We have stopped showing average people technical specs and features and created a simple story to capture their imagination and outline the great benefits they have when using our system, because we figured that’s the only thing they care about.
- We have created an abundant ecosystem and seamlessly integrated NEM to naturally be used for everything we do in the world.
- We made money simple and sexy, all while solving some of the most critical economic problems in the process.

I understand that for mass adoption to happen, multiple paradigm shifts and pandemic like adoption rates are necessary at some point, however I think the idea is still worth a thought experiment.

Maybe there is a way we can somehow orchestrate these things to reach that outcome, maybe NEM is one of the next black swans.

Here are some steps we could start with now in order to take that version of the future closer to reality:

1. Outline a basic plan/roudmap toward mass adoption(or whatever our target is) and establish some basic guidelines in the form of checkpoints toward which the community could aim.

2. Focus on establishing our brand:

Action:

- answer these questions: who are we?(currency, store of value, payment system, a movement to enable all of that and a lot more?) what are 3 terms that best describe the benefits we bring to the end user(E.g. simplicity, financial freedom, security?), what is our target?

3. Create a concentrated, sustained and targeted marketing campaign to share our message in the most effective manner:

Action:

- Define core principles and values for our NEM movement.
- Spread our brand(key words, logo, smart and attractive campaign) everywhere.
-  Create a "secret" feature launch calendar and strategically coordinate launch dates and announcements of important features.
- Create the investors handout and update it along the way with our history, most important benefits we bring  and long term plan(all covered in good marketing).
- Create one or more smart and appealing NEM videos. We can definitely start with something like this in mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo but why not try to make it more like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5X5cV-4LRo.
- Create a cool weekly blog and newsletter for all NEM stakeholders containing updates, market analysis, pre-announcements of features etc.
- Set a target to strategically market ourselves in the most important newspapers, publications, well known blogs and conferences four our field.
- Coordinate social media accounts strategically and effectively in accordance to our branding.
- Strategically target and offer 5 - 10 free stakes to convert celebrities/entrepreneurs/ influential people to NEM.(Economists, smart technology guys, entrepreneurs, etc)
- Try to create a viral marketing campaign - offering a great incentive to all stakeholders/businesses to bring new people in.
- Create a NEM evangelist manual outlining how businesses should be pitched and have a F.A.Q. added to the manual.
- Contact several payment processors right after the alpha launch and establish a relationship with them. (Bitpay, Coinbase, Coinkite, etc) in order to be able to offer merchants and businesses the ability to accept NEM as soon as possible and even allow them to pay salary in NEM.
- Establish the demographics of our ideal user and try to develop a very appealing marketing strategy for him.
- Create a campaign in which every NEMster is attempting to bring 3(or more) of his smartest friends into NEM.
- Create some NEM games.
- Create a corporate design theme.(I like what NXT is doing)
- Establish what we can and want to do for businesses and try to develop a very appealing marketing strategy to help businesses accept NEM, list on our asset exchange, etc(show them step by step how to do it and how they would benefit from doing that).
- Establish a target of reaching at least 30000 users until the end of 2014 and plan how we can do that.
- Establish a target to get at least 30 companies to list on our asset exchange until the end of 2014 and plan how we can achieve that.
- Establish a target to find at least 10 companies that will pay salaries in NEM until the end of 2014.
- Establish a target to fund at least 20 big NEM project to enrich the NEM ecosystem until the end of 2014.
- I have some more ideas which will be kept secret till the right moment comes.

I also believe it is extremely important try to measure the effect of strategies we undertake in order to know if we want to pivot or persevere.

This plan is meant to be some food for thought and a springboard for the community to start participating. When looking at the suggestions above, do it with this question in mind: how could we improve things even more, how can we make things even more effective?

When you think about the great potential NEM has please understand this, we're only at the very beginning and trust me, you've seen nothing yet.

References:
1 Elon Musk is working on two things at the moment: Making life multiplanetary and accelerating the advent of sustainable and energy efficient means of transportation. He is CEO of two companies at the same time(SPACEX and Tesla Motors), works 80-100 hours weekly and is arguably building the most advanced rockets and cars in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk
2 Here is a car built from the ground up to take advantage of the technology available in the 21st century. http://www.teslamotors.com/models/features#/environment
3 Tesla Model S was rated 99 out of 100 point on consumer report: http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/09/autos/tesla-model-s-consumer-reports/

This is really inspiring to see.

I have some ideas for some NEM start-ups that I will probably start working on later this year.

I will need help from members of the NEM dev team (to help with coding) in exchange for revenue share.
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:02:44 AM

Where are all those devs and marketers? since the launch devs and "marketers" (except patmast3r and gimre) just disapeard.
Nobody disappeared. We are working hard, every day. We are working out PR/marketing strategys and doing a lot of technical support (answering questions here, on the nemforum, IRC channel and telegram). We also write badly needed tutorials (http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/) and think about how we could make the software even easier for users (https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues/370). If you have any ideas, please let us know. I also invite you to join our telegram chat group, if you are interested in doing something for NEM. We have a lot to do and every help is welcome.

Also i don't understnd why the op was deleted.
BTT does not give us the option to have more than one moderator for the OP, but we found out that it is needed to have that possibility. Sometimes urgent stuff hapens and we want to announce it, but if it is only up to ONE person, this can only lead to delays and that is the last thing we need for urgent updates/announcements.
I also think that the OP is now very clear in telling that the new detailed overview is here: http://blog.nem.io/overview
If you miss any information in that overview, please let me know, I am happy about feedback.

The behind the scenese meetings and whatever isn't blowing up the PR section. You can see that from launch. Everybody was so excited before the launch for months. The launch had to be a much bigger "impact".
The "behind the scenes meetings" how you call it, are not to exclude the public about stuff we plan, but to be more efficient about what we do in the future. If you ever worked with a team on something serious, you will know that the bigger and more open a discussion is, the less efficient it becomes. So it totally makes sense to have smaller, but well focused teams that work on specific ideas/problems/plans. If you are interested in participating in these 'think tanks', I again invite you to join our telegram group, just pm me your telegram username and I will add you.
I also think it would not be healthy for NEM to have a big pump launch and then a big dump after that. I like the low but pretty stable price trend so far a lot. Slowly but surely is better than fast but followed by a crash.

Yes, it makes sense to tell the people that NEM is no scam project or NXT related whatever project etc. But it is also VERY time consuming to "feed" all these trolls. I posted the overview link in the poloniex trollbox from time to time, so really interested people can see what NEM is really about. If they choose to believe trolls more than a serious overview page like that, that is their decision.

Please help us with spreading important links like this:
http://blog.nem.io/overview
http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/

That would help a lot more than accusing the NEM team of beeing lazy, which is really not true at all.
choochimil

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:04:54 AM

I think some of us need to relax. We waited over a year for the launch. Devs and rest of team aren't going anywhere. Some of us havent even got our stakes yet.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:07:03 AM

About the OP, I think this is how Apple would want us to have our OP - simple, clean and beautiful + all the useful info at a one click distance.  Cool

NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT

NEM is a movement which aims to create a new economy based on the principles of decentralization, financial freedom, and equality of opportunity.

For an overview of NEM check out the official NEM blog.

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 11:07:42 AM

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Please, do not use built-in functionality, to back-up your wallet!
Most likely it will generate incorrect data and backup will NOT be usable.

You can backup your wallet manually. Files reside in ncc directory:

• windows: c:\users\<username>\nem\ncc\
  • mac/linux: ~/nem/ncc/

There are always two files: wallet file (.wlt) and address book file (.adb)

bump

bumping to raise awareness

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:11:06 AM

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

bump

bumping to raise awareness

I think this should be added to the OP (along with a statement saying it will be fixed soon) to make sure no one loses their NEM by mistake.
mixmaster

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:21:25 AM

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I think this should be added to the OP (along with a statement saying it will be fixed soon) to make sure no one loses their NEM by mistake.
The OP contains only the information where all the information are found. Again: We did this because BTT doesnt give us the possibility to maintain the OP by more than 1 person.

Overview is here: http://blog.nem.io/overview

I wish people would just read a little bit more... We can't repeat the same stuff 10 times a day.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:27:10 AM

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

The OP contains only the information where all the information are found. Again: We did this because BTT doesnt give us the possibility to maintain the OP by more than 1 person.

I wish people would just read a little bit more... We can't repeat the same stuff 10 times a day.

I like the zen op Wink I think it might be worth copying that info from the overview onto the OP though.

Personally I like it as it is, but it seems a lot of people are missing some of the info.

The OP should at least say "NEM has a 100% original codebase and over 70 team members" to make people interested enough to click through to the blog.

Just my humble suggestion as a marketing guy.

EDIT: these would look very nice in the OP

Features

NEM is built 100% from scratch (not a fork of any existing project)
    NEM is built with test-driven development
    NEM uses innovative Proof-of-Importance algorithm: first reputation based blockchain algorythm
    NEM improves different features of POW and POS coins, being more efficient and environmentally friendly
    NEM is the first crypto with delegated harvesting
    NEM is the first with localized spam protection
    NEM is the first with Eigentrust++ peer reputation management
    NEM is the first multisig with blockchain based alerts
    NEM offers encrypted messaging
    NEM is easy to install with a one click installer
    NEM will offer a mobile wallet for both iOS and Android (coming soon)

mixmaster

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:32:25 AM

I like the zen op Wink I think it might be worth copying that info from the overview onto the OP though.

Personally I like it as it is, but it seems a lot of people are missing some of the info.

The OP should at least say "NEM has a 100% original codebase and over 70 team members" to make people interested enough to click through to the blog.

Features

NEM uses innovative Proof-of-Importance algorithm: first reputation based blockchain algorythm
    NEM improves different features of POW and POS coins, being more efficient and environmentally friendly

Again: We can't update the OP as we like with only having 1 single person as a moderator. Thats why we moved the overview to the official blog. If we now add information on the OP, people will be demotivated to go to the overview blog, because they "already found information". I hope you understand this decision Smiley
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:37:31 AM

Features

Again: We can't update the OP as we like with only having 1 single person as a moderator. Thats why we moved the overview to the official blog. If we now add information on the OP, people will be demotivated to go to the overview blog, because they "already found information". I hope you understand this decision Smiley

I do.

But I think at least not putting this in the OP is a bad idea as people who are new will glance at the OP and assume there is nothing new about NEM.

I humbly suggest adding this to the OP: "NEM has a 100% original codebase and over 70 team members". That way new people who are learning about NEM will think "Wow that's actually something entirely new and what a large dev team I want to check it out!", instead of now reading about NEM on the OP and thinking "hmm looks like another clone coin".

Again, I'm just a marketing professional and I know this would be the best thing to do, but I'm not angry or anything that it isn't like that right now Wink

EDIT: Also the OP should have XEM in the title so people who are searching for XEM on bitcointalk find this thread also Wink
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:50:42 AM

I followed several cryptocommunities and I see that NEM goes the same route. And the result will be the same if you don't stop for a moment and revise the plan. What unique does NEM have that the others didn't? Emphasize these very points. I'm not talking about cool tech, Nxt clearly showed that 99% of us don't care about tech progress.
Pages: « 1 ... 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 [748] 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: