Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:01:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984057 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lyka

Activity: 888
Merit: 1001

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 09:40:15 AM

For example, on PhotoMead there will be a feedback with business on the basis of marketing and advertizing. It means that having such feedback we will be able to suggest small and medium business to accept NEM for payment of goods and services.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:02:44 AM

How exactly is XEM supposed to have value?
Just like every other trust based currency (Fiat, crypto coins...). By the trust which people build up if the tech is secure and stable, and by features the tech is providing. And since it was always a main goal for NEM to make it easy to build additional features upon it, we will have a lot of interesting featurs in the future.
b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:09:55 AM

Just like every other trust based currency (Fiat, crypto coins...). By the trust which people build up if the tech is secure and stable, and by features the tech is providing. And since it was always a main goal for NEM to make it easy to build additional features upon it, we will have a lot of interesting featurs in the future.

I think you are too vague, there are many different crypto currencies. For example, ethereum is just a "fee-coin". NEM is a platform, but I don't know how XEM is supposed to have intrinsic value, is it just like Ethereum? Like you send 1000 dollars on the NEM platform, then you need 2 XEM as a fee. Or is XEM going to be more than that? Is it going to be a store of value like Gold or Bitcoin? Etc..

I like to speculate
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:29:37 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 12:40:37 PM by patmast3r

I think you are too vague, there are many different crypto currencies. For example, ethereum is just a "fee-coin". NEM is a platform, but I don't know how XEM is supposed to have intrinsic value, is it just like Ethereum? Like you send 1000 dollars on the NEM platform, then you need 2 XEM as a fee. Or is XEM going to be more than that? Is it going to be a store of value like Gold or Bitcoin? Etc..

I can be any of that. We'll see what people will use it for.

btw...Bitcoin is imho no store of value. WAY to volatile.

mixmaster

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:37:40 PM

I think you are too vague, [...]
Yes, that is because are so many possibilities and we don't know where this journey takes us... As pat says, it is really up to the people and how they will use it. And not just that, it also depends on what other stuff will be developed upon the NEM platform.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:56:34 PM

Yes, that is because are so many possibilities and we don't know where this journey takes us... As pat says, it is really up to the people and how they will use it. And not just that, it also depends on what other stuff will be developed upon the NEM platform.

I think it's more a question of if other stuff will be developed. I feel like the team has wasted a great opportunity and we have already lost so many members that if something awesome is to be released I feel it may just be to late. There is absolutely no momentum one ninja release here then 10 months later another ninja release with no involvement of whats left of the community.

And I am speaking as a bag holder I bought $17,000 worth of xem at 80 sat and watched it dwindle away.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
mixmaster

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:13:37 PM

I think it's more a question of if other stuff will be developed. I feel like the team has wasted a great opportunity and we have already lost so many members that if something awesome is to be released I feel it may just be to late. There is absolutely no momentum one ninja release here then 10 months later another ninja release with no involvement of whats left of the community.

And I am speaking as a bag holder I bought $17,000 worth of xem at 80 sat and watched it dwindle away.
I don't really get the point. Good development takes time, if the so called community is not patient enough to wait until more good stuff is released, then that is not a wasted opportunity, but nothing we can change. Namespace & Mosaic has great potential, with these features NEM is again making a great step towards a high tech platform with huge potential to do a lot of stuff we cant even think about now. At the same time the mobile apps (iOS and Android) are making progress as we have more beta testers now. And then we are working on NCC as well, but all of this will only be visible for the public when it is released. We are all tired of all the promises a lot of crypto projects are making and then nothing is happening. NEMs team is just doing it, no big promises are ETAs.
b1007

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:13:51 PM

Since NEM is a multifunctional platform I hope in the long run it becomes all those things I previously mentioned. Then NEM is truly a worldwide financial platform. It's like having access to all facets of the world economy from your wallet, that'd be great. Harvesting is more profitable than putting money on a bank. Anyway, it's still in the very early stages, I hope the devs keep developing stuff.  Smiley

I like to speculate
b1007

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:15:44 PM

I don't really get the point. Good development takes time, if the so called community is not patient enough to wait until more good stuff is released, then that is not a wasted opportunity, but nothing we can change. Namespace & Mosaic has great potential, with these features NEM is again making a great step towards a high tech platform with huge potential to do a lot of stuff we cant even think about now. At the same time the mobile apps (iOS and Android) are making progress as we have more beta testers now. And then we are working on NCC as well, but all of this will only be visible for the public when it is released. We are all tired of all the promises a lot of crypto projects are making and then nothing is happening. NEMs team is just doing it, no big promises are ETAs.

I am very excited about all the work you guys are doing  Smiley

I like to speculate
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:45:01 PM

you dont need just my opinion the lack of any interest from the few remaining nemsters speaks for itself.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:49:21 PM

you dont need just my opinion the lack of any interest from the few remaining nemsters speaks for itself.

You should join slack or telegram. There is more interest and stuff going on than ever. Any remaining nemster that only checks btt will sadly miss a lot simply because this is not the platform that any legit project will want to make it's home.

mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:08:10 PM

because this is not the platform that any legit project will want to make it's home.
+10
I strongly feel thats a huge mistake. You simply cannot ignore the size and importance of btt.

People come here first and they are like wow look at nem or is it xem??? I dont know but I really like the lack of any community involvement the lack of any transparency the lack of any goals the lack of any timelines the lack of any and all momentum. I think im gonna check out slack.

mixmaster

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:18:12 PM

I strongly feel thats a huge mistake. You simply cannot ignore the size and importance of btt.
We dont ignore it, we have this thread. But thats really all this platform deserves. Anybody who is really interested goes to http://nem.io http://blog.nem.io http://forum.nem.io

People come here first and they are like wow look at nem or is it xem??? I dont know but I really like the lack of any community involvement the lack of any transparency the lack of any goals the lack of any timelines the lack of any and all momentum. I think im gonna check out slack.
Platform: NEM
Coin: XEM

But yeah, there is no way to put all the information on the OP of this thread. Everybody thinks something else is important.
So whoever is interested, visits the links I mentioned above. Or reads our tutorials: http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:25:09 PM

We dont ignore it, we have this thread. But thats really all this platform deserves. Anybody who is really interested goes to http://nem.io http://blog.nem.io http://forum.nem.io

Platform: NEM
Coin: XEM

But yeah, there is no way to put all the information on the OP of this thread. Everybody thinks something else is important.
So whoever is interested, visits the links I mentioned above. Or reads our tutorials: http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/

Yup thats my point none of the information is on here. They read this thread and all they are left with is a bad taste in their mouth and a lot of confusion. There is no reason to delve deeper.

mixmaster

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:45:10 PM

Yup thats my point none of the information is on here. They read this thread and all they are left with is a bad taste in their mouth and a lot of confusion. There is no reason to delve deeper.
Uhm, but you did read the OP?
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:28:30 PM

I'm talking about the entire thread not just the first post. Time will tell but I have chalked my investment up to a loss.

mixmaster

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:35:33 PM

I'm talking about the entire thread not just the first post. Time will tell but I have chalked my investment up to a loss.
Well then you didn't understand. The first post is the central point of information for NEM on BTT. Better places are our official website, our forum, our blog.
We leave this thread unmoderated and only delete 100% obvious trolling/offending posts. So it is a big room where everybody just posts whatever he has in his mind. If anybody is interested in anything specific, s/he will find it at the mentioned links or in the chat groups on telegram/slack.
dannyjr89

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:45:57 PM

Has anyone won the guess the sound  contest? I have an idea of what it could be but I don't have the fee to send my guess. If anyone could loan me the xem, if I win I'll send them 5 bucks worth of xem back.
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:33:07 PM

Has anyone won the guess the sound  contest? I have an idea of what it could be but I don't have the fee to send my guess. If anyone could loan me the xem, if I win I'll send them 5 bucks worth of xem back.

sure, whats your address

mixmaster

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:54:12 PM

As long as this page doesn't say the round is over, you can keep guessing: http://nem.io/soundofnem
If somebody got the right answer before you and we didn't update the page fast enough, you will get refunded. So there is no risk.
Pages: « 1 ... 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: