Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:12:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 12:46:40 AM

These days it's like a Cambrian explosion of new code projects.

A couple years ago it was an explosion of Bitcoin/Litecoin forks which in many ways were kind of pointless.

But now we are seeing lots and lots of new projects, some using a Blockchain and some not but many really bring ledger technologies to the next level.

There is a lot of competition out there but when I look at a lot of other projects it's like one developer an ten guys promoting it. In NEM we actually have four amazing devs working every single day and many other people helping out and trying to get NEM ready for something way beyond crypto forums and speculators.

To really help NEM be the best we could use more people helping out though still. If you would like to get involved and help us out, send me a message and let's have a chat.

Those 10 guys promoting are why there more popular though

We aren't focusing on pumping to speculators on BTT.  For better or worse the decision was made a long time ago to not do that, but in the meantime I am still trying to post here.  When real deals have been signed, they will be announced here, but if you knew just how much was involved in real world meetings, you would be very surprised.  Makoto is definitely our best marketer and he has been to maybe close to 100 meetings I am guessing, maybe more.  The guy is busy.  Its not his job or responsibility to type to minute notes of those meetings on here, nor does he have time to because again he isn't trying to pump XEM to BTT speculators.  But again if/when a deal is signed, there will be press releases and official announcements. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:45:41 AM

A couple years ago it was an explosion of Bitcoin/Litecoin forks which in many ways were kind of pointless.

But now we are seeing lots and lots of new projects, some using a Blockchain and some not but many really bring ledger technologies to the next level.

There is a lot of competition out there but when I look at a lot of other projects it's like one developer an ten guys promoting it. In NEM we actually have four amazing devs working every single day and many other people helping out and trying to get NEM ready for something way beyond crypto forums and speculators.

To really help NEM be the best we could use more people helping out though still. If you would like to get involved and help us out, send me a message and let's have a chat.

We aren't focusing on pumping to speculators on BTT.  For better or worse the decision was made a long time ago to not do that, but in the meantime I am still trying to post here.  When real deals have been signed, they will be announced here, but if you knew just how much was involved in real world meetings, you would be very surprised.  Makoto is definitely our best marketer and he has been to maybe close to 100 meetings I am guessing, maybe more.  The guy is busy.  Its not his job or responsibility to type to minute notes of those meetings on here, nor does he have time to because again he isn't trying to pump XEM to BTT speculators.  But again if/when a deal is signed, there will be press releases and official announcements. 

I completley agree.

As for all the armchair experts posting here that nothing is being done, why dont any of them come forward and offer assistance if they think they can do a better job?

I think NEM is looking like a serious investment and it will pay off down the track in years to come.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:42:01 AM

I completley agree.

As for all the armchair experts posting here that nothing is being done, why dont any of them come forward and offer assistance if they think they can do a better job?

I think NEM is looking like a serious investment and it will pay off down the track in years to come.

it is necessary to do nothing Cheesy

xem price let goes down to 30 sats, then to 20 sats, and at the end will reach to 1 sat because none of speculators do nothing for a price raising.

speculators but not devs have to be engaged in a raising of price. speculators now want that xem price slowly dump to 1 sat. it's wanted by speculators who control xem price.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:11:38 PM

I couldn't care less about the price atm. Whether it's 1 sat or 1k sat.
I'm thinking long term on this one and not narrowing my mind to a short term profit that can be made.
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:45:16 PM

I'm thinking long term on this one and not narrowing my mind to a short term profit that can be made.

Growth is extremely important if xem is to have any future. Now the possibility of being delisted is real.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 01:02:01 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 02:00:29 PM by rockethead

Growth is extremely important if xem is to have any future. Now the possibility of being delisted is real.

Yes, be very worried and you should be worried.
lyka

Activity: 888

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 05:27:54 PM

That looks pretty great!
I wish you the best of luck for that service

Thanks
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 04:02:32 AM

It's time for the public release on the testnet of Mosiac and Namespace.

http://blog.nem.io/mosaic-and-namespace-public-testnet-release/

The blog article explains things in more detail.

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:04:18 AM

Awesome!

Explanation of Mosaic/Namespace is easy to understand too, for the non-techy person ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 09:48:25 AM

Awesome!

Explanation of Mosaic/Namespace is easy to understand too, for the non-techy person ...

thanks.

Here is some more info about what makes Mosaic.

Our initial rollout is a mosaic that has the following properties:

description
Free-text description of the mosaic up to 128 characters, changeable by the owner.

divisibility
Adding this makes a quantity divisible, up to 6 decimal places. A divisibility of 2 means 2 decimal places.

information
Arbitrary byte array that can be in the property, with a size limit; this is the same as “messages” in NEM.

mutable quantity

This property allows the quantity to be mutable or not.

name (required)
Name of the mosaic, up to a size limit of 32 characters; must be unique under the domain name.

domain name or namespace (required)
Globally unique fully qualified domain name that is registered and owned by the mosaic creator. A top level namespace has a size limit of 16 characters, sub-namespaces have a limit of 64 characters.

quantity
The amount of mosaic in circulation. If immutable, it is fixed, otherwise it is dynamic, i.e., more can be created or destroyed later.

transferability
If no, it means it can only be transferred between user and creator. Otherwise, it is freely transferable.

levy
A levy allows the creator of a mosaic to set a tax on any subsequent transactions of that mosaic. This levy is sent to an account of the creators choosing. Any mosaic or XEM may be used as a levy.

mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:36:17 PM

WOW look at poloniex were all aboard the Titanic

Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:29:49 PM

it's good. even more blood!
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:06:35 PM

Its many thing but good? I dont think so.

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 07:14:42 PM

Agreed de-listing is a bad sign.

So I must ask, since "We have many developments in the future for NEM before marketing/long range is better" argument, first let me say technology moves quick, this team is not keeping up, by the time their promises, ahem, if their promises are kept the tech will be light years ahead.

Also if we are still in development phase why was there a distribution at all? You got money from a bunch of investors and promised cutting age technology and ideas, but have provided nothing and we are literally holding "XEM" that is worthless, there is N  O T H I N G we can do with it. Well I guess we could sell at a loss.

I can only assume this is a scam, or a sinking ship, you have given us nothing to prove otherwise but words. I await my PM about this post being removed lol. That's how you silence your critics, by pretending the criticisms don't exist and silencing them with your "self-moderating" topic. Stand up team you got.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 08:05:23 PM

So I must ask, since "We have many developments in the future for NEM before marketing/long range is better" argument, first let me say technology moves quick, this team is not keeping up, by the time their promises, ahem, if their promises are kept the tech will be light years ahead.

Also if we are still in development phase why was there a distribution at all? You got money from a bunch of investors and promised cutting age technology and ideas, but have provided nothing and we are literally holding "XEM" that is worthless, there is N  O T H I N G we can do with it. Well I guess we could sell at a loss.

I can only assume this is a scam, or a sinking ship, you have given us nothing to prove otherwise but words. I await my PM about this post being removed lol. That's how you silence your critics, by pretending the criticisms don't exist and silencing them with your "self-moderating" topic. Stand up team you got.

Ethereum looks more like a sinking ship to me!

mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:22:26 PM

Lol I suppose you have not actually looked Eth?

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:49:41 PM

Lol I suppose you have not actually looked Eth?

Its price has dropped significantly too, although has bounced up again, doesnt offer anything new that NEM or NXT can do, they have used up all their IPO funds pretty much - where has all that gone?

They only have a command line interface currently and really have hardly got far compared to where NEM currently stands.

kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:03:36 AM

And?
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:26:40 PM

I await my PM about this post being removed lol. That's how you silence your critics, by pretending the criticisms don't exist and silencing them with your "self-moderating" topic.
lol

when news?
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:45:02 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 12:58:00 PM by hvezdasmrti

There are only few things to be answered and the answer must be YES:

1) Is that shit working? Yes? Fine.

2) Is that shit cheap? Yes? Fine.

3) Is that shit tradable? Yes? Fine. No? Doesnt matter.

4) Is that shit interesting in any way and has some real value of know how? Yes? Fine.

5) Support this shit mobile applications, API and similar things to be fully usable and not useless?

Then anybody may come and overtake it (just by buying) and using for promotion as an e-currency for his own product. If i were a bigger fish than currently i am i would use XEM just as a bonus currency for marketing and promoting my business. Its much cheaper to use any e-currency already circulating than developing and maintaining any. Just wait few years until small and medium-sized companies realize that all "shitcoins" can be used as cheap marketing credits without any maintenance costs. Its much cheaper to set up the price for fixed product/bonus every week or month than maintain the whole currency eco-system.
An example: An e-shop selling hardware/software will start to make a campaign to get more popular by specific community (usually people skilled in internet-things). He reallizes that running own bonus system is boring, a bit pricy and not very interesting. Running bitcoin is inefficient due to big transaction costs and too big value of btc making people to hold funds or spend somewhere else. So they will look for any altcoin with easy use for customers. And then the campaign may start.
Its all about community. And a community will occure only when someone will have any motivation to use. If a seller of lamps will give you credit of 50.000 xems to buy a lightbulb next time when you buy a lamp, people will use xems to buy lightbulbs or save them to buy something bigger after few buys. This is the easist way and anyone may do it. The seller reallized the margin when selling a lamp so he can take a risk of appreciating or deprecciating of his bonus currency given to customers to make them motivating to buy in his shop next time. Just a small and fundamental start of using any working altcurrency as a real currency. The more sellers will see a potential success the more will be e-currencies used and desirable.
Current problem is that developers and communities (no matter if greedy or not greedy) are trying to make desirability by the wrong way from the end of process instead of beginnings. They try to give an artifical value and wonder that there is none - the value blocks any desirability. The value doesnt come to existence at exchanges even if you pump hundreds of work or money into eco-system. The value arises from real use starting at zero not at any artifical "starting value" or "value of someones work". And the best start (my 2-xems) is usage as a bonus currency by any producer, seller etc.. Yeah and it will take months or years until sellers of any product reallize that. Me personally i dont see any better source of starting impulse to arise virtual currencies to get more real than virtual (now the word "virtual" has more senses than it seems, all of them sound sarcastic of course).

Just keep working and hope that a fish comes some day and reallizes the lure. Verba movent, exempla trahunt. However you can do only words, the example must just appear in time (if you dont have big business with real things and plenthora of customers). Ethereum and other projects have some connections to real business however i still notice no eshop selling bulbs for ethereums or giving me few bonus ethereums for every buy.

And the last word - as a trader i have been selling almost all my xems for 100+ satoshi shortly after the launch expecting some drop (except about 500k held forever just for good impression). Me personally i will start any action when the price drops even more trying to buy some good amount to start any marketing even if i am a small fish business. Few millions of Xems are a good starting pot to start giving them our customers as a bonus to make them to visit us next time again. We are internet service provider (non-profit organization - a very common specific in our country) so its all about buying a small pot of xems and spread up them to customers. We dont take any risk than few percents of incomes. But we are not stupid so we will buy-in only for low price to "risk" appreciating of value more likely than any more depreciating. Of course, remember that the main motivation is the originality making us interesting and it may happen that some web will inform the public about a metropolitan network implementing e-currencies - the cheapest promotion for our company AND e-currency ever. There starts the real value...

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Pages: « 1 ... 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: