Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:58:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:14:03 AM

Only problem is banks are now designing their own blockchains that are closed source and centralised.

This is not going to help Bitcoin or any crypto if the banks go down that path...

Who cares what banks do. I personally never expected banks to use cryptocurrencies and I don't even care about what the whole financial world does with regards to crypto. Let them have their private chains.
The real value will come from things that are not yet mainstream. The financial part is just one layer of the blockchain onion.

Once the technology is more mature nearly every company could benefit from using blockchain tech, and that's where the value will come from.

Give it some time, once people figure out they can prevent cheaters and scammers by using blockchain and do it in a cost effective way this thing will boom, banks or no banks...

major corporations and countries investing in blockchain technology legitimizes the concept of the tech and field as a whole.  bitcoin might get a little worried, but as a new blockchain platform, we are in a great place.  projects, ideas, programs, apps are going up left and right.  that gives us more competition, but it also gives us an ever increasing pool of companies/organizations thinking about building on a blockchain.  NEM is poised very well to soon start snatching some of these up as the NEM blockchain for what it is being rolled out to do, will be uniquely qualified. 

there are a lot of big names right now talking about building a chain from scratch, it just takes one Makoto to tell them they don't need to do that, that one has already been built for them.  he is making really good connections right now in Asia, so I am hopeful. 
Me too.
Full & full of hope for NEM!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 08:43:53 AM

hey guys! Smiley

children our future. we need to create charity foundation of help to sick children. helping sick children worldwide we will receive in future new potential nemsters which will be successors of our works.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:55:39 PM

Yes, this is pretty the same what i am thinking about NEM and the blockchain topic. i think that NEM is a buy longterm but currently it has to find its place into the world of altcoins. i hope the devs will deliver then we will see a bright NEM future Wink

I've already predicted some months ago in this thread ( can't find the post on the fly ) that the fair XEM price is around 30 Sats for what it offers by now.
On the longterm ( if devs hold what they've promised ), the fair value is 500 Sats and above.

When did the price start to go nuts like this? 33 Satoshis?  Shocked

Well..... I guess that is probably about true.  It is so hard to really know.  Right now the live net at first glance it just really has a coin and messages.  As far as a cryptocurrency goes, that isn't anything ground breaking or really news worthy.  Good think we don't consider NEM as a coin, nor has it really ever been planned to be that.  And..... how NEM is doing things with a new platform with lots of extras all around supporting and building a solid foundation for its feature set as a blockchain is very impressive to me, and the stuff on the testnet that is more or less ready to be launched as well as other things being tested actually is quite impressive.  For instance Mijin now is at 15 second blocks and 100 tx/s on its testnet.  Personally, I think 500 satoshis (at the current rate of fiat <-> btc) is actually low to me for the long term forecast.  But that is LONGTERM, not next month.  Although I have to say, things in the blockchain scene are really starting to pick up behind the scenes.  Central banker from very powerful nations are looking into blockchains right now.     
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:55:24 PM

I had a dream about ninjas last night...   sixth sense?...   a sign?...   come on now...   talk to me...   Smiley

gimre needs to finish some stuff before the next release. But we are getting closer to the next release Smiley

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:11:30 AM

Its so depressing everytime I look my xem is worth less and less

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 12:13:26 AM

If anyone wants to join the telegram chat, PM me with your telegram username.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:29:52 AM

Stop trolling on the price!
 Roll Eyes

Things will get better soon, and these devs are some of the few that deliver and dont hold false promises.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:45:40 AM

Roll Eyes

Things will get better soon, and these devs are some of the few that deliver and dont hold false promises.

low xem price on contrary has to please. because right now if you have free cash you can buy more and more xem.

in 5 years you will remember this time where everyone had an opportunity to buy xem on such low price.

personally i on each falling of price buy some xem and even i rejoice to that price falls. then we will have no such time any more when xem buy up not as now two person and many people will need every day xem.
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:53:04 PM

Roll Eyes

low xem price on contrary has to please. because right now if you have free cash you can buy more and more xem.

in 5 years you will remember this time where everyone had an opportunity to buy xem on such low price.

personally i on each falling of price buy some xem and even i rejoice to that price falls. then we will have no such time any more when xem buy up not as now two person and many people will need every day xem.

Or NEM will join the growing graveyard of dead altcoins. Who knows really. I've heard this "speech" about pretty much every single other alt that has ever existed.. dedicated followers trying to talk up the price, convincing themselves that they will be rich one day. Look in any thread about any alt with a falling price and you will find the same speech.

That said, I do hold some NEM. But it's a small speculative position.
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 04:53:55 PM

Roll Eyes

Or NEM will join the growing graveyard of dead altcoins. Who knows really. I've heard this "speech" about pretty much every single other alt that has ever existed.. dedicated followers trying to talk up the price, convincing themselves that they will be rich one day. Look in any thread about any alt with a falling price and you will find the same speech.

if to speak about xem, all of us anyway come nearer every day to an interesting event. or xem as a coin will die at exchangers. or it will shoot up in price. about that will make someone rich here speech doesn't even go to shortest possible time. because all altcoins are at a great disadvantage at those moments when raise of btc begins. and therefore raise of altcoins is improbable at moments of raise of btc. if you want raise of your investments, you shouldn't put in altcoins by no means, remain always in btc. but if you want raise of your knowledge, in this case you can put in new technologies such as nem. what do you receive instead of material benefits? new knowledge, new technologies, more improved everything than btc which gives only material benefits, but thus doesn't give that knowledge and new technologies which nem technology gives. the market turns out works to opposite side. that isn't object of new knowledge, new technologies it's appreciated by market. that is object of new technologies and new knowledge it isn't appreciated by market. knowing it u will always know that investing in xem you don't receive raise in material, you receive raise of knowledge and raise of education in altcoins. if you approach business with such approach, a view of things will be perfect another.

btc-profit material. xem-raise in knowledge.
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:02:47 PM

to be gathered new knowledge and abilities, or to decay under influence of market which gives nothing except raise of empty btc coin which doesn't have new knowledge?

speculators choose btc, because profit there.
smart people will choose nem technology, because raise in knowledge there.

what do you choose? Smiley
ournem (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:38:58 AM

There is a new hint for Sound of NEM.

It is..... "It is not an electronic device."
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:49:20 PM

Does anyone know why BTC38 never got around adding the XEM/CNY pair?   Undecided

because low volume xem/btc pair Embarrassed
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 03:23:32 PM

It is the last breath of a dying coin?

Just kidding no one really cares lol.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 05:24:05 PM

It is the last breath of a dying coin?

Just kidding no one really cares lol.

This made me laugh

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:37:39 PM

Roll Eyes

if to speak about xem, all of us anyway come nearer every day to an interesting event. or xem as a coin will die at exchangers. or it will shoot up in price. about that will make someone rich here speech doesn't even go to shortest possible time. because all altcoins are at a great disadvantage at those moments when raise of btc begins. and therefore raise of altcoins is improbable at moments of raise of btc. if you want raise of your investments, you shouldn't put in altcoins by no means, remain always in btc. but if you want raise of your knowledge, in this case you can put in new technologies such as nem. what do you receive instead of material benefits? new knowledge, new technologies, more improved everything than btc which gives only material benefits, but thus doesn't give that knowledge and new technologies which nem technology gives. the market turns out works to opposite side. that isn't object of new knowledge, new technologies it's appreciated by market. that is object of new technologies and new knowledge it isn't appreciated by market. knowing it u will always know that investing in xem you don't receive raise in material, you receive raise of knowledge and raise of education in altcoins. if you approach business with such approach, a view of things will be perfect another.

btc-profit material. xem-raise in knowledge.

I invest in whatever crypto because of the technology and not because of speculation on price rise etc.
We know that NEM or NXT and  many other "altcoins" have far better technological advantage than BTC, but the masses invest in BTC because thats the first crypto and everyone talks about it.

Yes holding onto BTC is probably not a bad idea. Me thinks i should perhaps buy some incase it did ever reach $10K or some even question $1M which i think is ridiculous.

By that stage BTC would need some serious improvements as its blockchain would increase tenfold and the TPS would be too low.

Anyway, most 2.0 platforms have made their's more futureproof and thats something that is more important than price.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:45:18 PM

Anyway, most 2.0 platforms have made their's more futureproof and thats something that is more important than price.

Price is a reflection of adoption and faith. I'm sure there are plenty of coins technically better than BTC. That counts for nothing if people aren't interested in it. They're also motivated to work on improving the coins they are invested in.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:32:23 AM

Price is a reflection of adoption and faith. I'm sure there are plenty of coins technically better than BTC. That counts for nothing if people aren't interested in it. They're also motivated to work on improving the coins they are invested in.

This doesn't take into account the significant price manipulation that goes on in crypto, primarily through the main BTC bagholders pumping and dumping alts. Otherwise, yes, i'd agree. Over the years i've seen many a shitcoin go from zero to huge volumes and price increases with no warning or news to have triggered it. It's simply a price pump and it's a common occurence.

There simply is no other explanation for it other than this, as the crypto markets are far too small to be representative of large numbers of investors. What we're dealing with is a select few big BTC holders throwing their coinage around in an attempt to siphon more wealth. When this game of musical chairs stops, you best be sure you've got a seat (FIAT/BTC) as this, sadly, is the state of the alt/crypto market today. Ironically it's this price volatility that also damages crypto from REAL investors outside the crypto bubble that could actually provide some stability.

I believe the only real insurance measure from this is putting money into projects like NEM that do offer something new under the hood, as sure enough this game will stop.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:07:16 AM

This doesn't take into account the significant price manipulation that goes on in crypto, primarily through the main BTC bagholders pumping and dumping alts. Otherwise, yes, i'd agree. Over the years i've seen many a shitcoin go from zero to huge volumes and price increases with no warning or news to have triggered it. It's simply a price pump and it's a common occurence.

There simply is no other explanation for it other than this, as the crypto markets are far too small to be representative of large numbers of investors. What we're dealing with is a select few big BTC holders throwing their coinage around in an attempt to siphon more wealth. When this game of musical chairs stops, you best be sure you've got a seat (FIAT/BTC) as this, sadly, is the state of the alt/crypto market today. Ironically it's this price volatility that also damages crypto from REAL investors outside the crypto bubble that could actually provide some stability.

I believe the only real insurance measure from this is putting money into projects like NEM that do offer something new under the hood, as sure enough this game will stop.

It has to stop, there are too many shitcoins out there, and only a handful will be successful, I dont think any more than 10 can really be sustainable in total if any of them will have major use.

tolstoy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:04:16 PM

Bank of England blockchain challenge.

The competition is aimed at students studying in the UK, but they will consider entries from overseas. Wink

Deadline is December 7th 2015.

Details here:
http://blockchain.bankofenglandearlycareers.co.uk/

Pages: « 1 ... 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: