Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984057 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:21:23 PM

The rising price of BTC that has almost doubled during the past month had negative impact on all other crypto currencies. For instance Ether has dropped around 50% during the past couple of months. The main reason of such rate changes is the fact that BTC reached and stabilized at $460 from $230.

With that in mind, XEM being traded today at almost the same average price of the past 6 months at around 40 sats is and should be considered great rate improvement for XEM. Today's 40 sats is almost equivalent to 80 sats two months ago.

Though this is great as it shows XEM strength precisely compared to other currencies, still a lot of XEM holders found such situation alerting for selling and going short. Can't blame them for that cause it is too good to be true.

Just keep in mind that x2 is really nothing in the crypto world. We should be looking forward for multiplication factors that is close to the ones that occurred to BTC/USD rates during the very first BTC trading years. YES! we are talking x5 to x50.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:35:51 PM

The rising price of BTC that has almost doubled during the past month had negative impact on all other crypto currencies. For instance Ether has dropped around 50% during the past couple of months. The main reason of such rate changes is the fact that BTC reached and stabilized at $460 from $230.

With that in mind, XEM being traded today at almost the same average price of the past 6 months at around 40 sats is and should be considered great rate improvement for XEM. Today's 40 sats is almost equivalent to 80 sats two months ago.

Though this is great as it shows XEM strength precisely compared to other currencies, still a lot of XEM holders found such situation alerting for selling and going short. Can't blame them for that cause it is too good to be true.

Just keep in mind that x2 is really nothing in the crypto world. We should be looking forward for multiplication factors that is close to the ones that occurred to BTC/USD rates during the very first BTC trading years. YES! we are talking x5 to x50.

Well its still early days, but it will happen eventually.

Things are going to get rather exciting on the crypto scene.

Im just really glad i took an interest to NEM, because initially it did not appeal to me at all.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
MonsterZeroPrice

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:27:31 PM

Hello Gentleman
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 11:19:00 PM

All gains are gone

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:44:09 AM

https://www.nri.com/global/news/2015/151216_1.aspx
Japanese: https://www.netbk.co.jp/wpl/NBGate/i900500CT/PD/corp_news_20151216

Coindesk: http://www.coindesk.com/japan-bank-sbi-sumishin-blockchain-proof-of-concept/

This makes NEM the 3rd public platform to be tested by banks (after BTC and Ripple) and the first project in Japan to be publicly tested.

taking an open source community p2p currency project and turning it into a blockchain solution for the banks (for your own personal corporate end)

now makes you the second dev to scam NEM.

in a free world u wana forbid banks to use NEM blockchain?

freedom goes in all directions

any occupy wallstreet/we are the 99% organsiation can use NEM chain the same way as any bank or even goverment

NEM is a technology

like a knife its not good or bad by itself

its always the people never the tool

to make this tool known to more people and show them what u can do with it is sure a great achievement

congrats makoto!

banks can use whatever they want.

cryptos about an alternative to the banks, not creating backend for the banks.

zero for the crypto community will be gained for makotos own personal corporate business plans off the back of the NEM community.

for makoto NEM is New Easy Money....for his future banking career.

Makoto knows what is being worked on and what is planned.  He still holds all his XEM, as well as the other devs.  And in fact has bought some extra.    

You lame attempts to troll are getting old.

and your lame attempts to write any criticism off as a troll is getting old  Roll Eyes
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 07:36:28 AM

zero for the crypto community will be gained for makotos own personal corporate business plans off the back of the NEM community.

Makoto knows what is being worked on and what is planned.  He still holds all his XEM, as well as the other devs.  And in fact has bought some extra.    

and your lame attempts to write any criticism off as a troll is getting old  Roll Eyes

We welcome criticism.  It helps us to grow.

What you are doing is slander and is a lie.  You accused Makoto of making money off of the community.  You did so without any evidence to which there is none because it is completely false.  This thread is self-moderated, but we rarely ever reserve that right.  You.... are getting close.

To everyone that doesn't have Kelsey on ignore, I would suggest doing so.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:05:30 AM

We welcome criticism.  It helps us to grow.

What you are doing is slander and is a lie.  You accused Makoto of making money off of the community.  You did so without any evidence to which there is none because it is completely false.  This thread is self-moderated, but we rarely ever reserve that right.  You.... are getting close.

To everyone that doesn't have Kelsey on ignore, I would suggest doing so.

i didn't say Makoto was making money off the community at all, i said "makotos own personal corporate business plans off the back of the NEM community"

and how is that not 100% true?

i wouldn't suggest anyone ignore anyone in this community, debate yes, disagree yes. but its good to listen and take on board the good the bad and the ugly.

i just call things how they are, and that often makes enemies, rather that, with the coins i back then be a mindless fanboi.

i'm one of the very rare few here that aren't in crypto for the fiat, sometimes my comments ruffle the feathers of those who are here for the fiat and don't want anyone to make any negative comments that they perceive might damage their 'investment'.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:04:22 PM

Coindesk: http://www.coindesk.com/japan-bank-sbi-sumishin-blockchain-proof-of-concept/

This makes NEM the 3rd public platform to be tested by banks (after BTC and Ripple) and the first project in Japan to be publicly tested.

taking an open source community p2p currency project and turning it into a blockchain solution for the banks (for your own personal corporate end)

any occupy wallstreet/we are the 99% organsiation can use NEM chain the same way as any bank or even goverment

NEM is a technology

to make this tool known to more people and show them what u can do with it is sure a great achievement

congrats makoto!

I don't see any criticism, i see unfounded accusations and slander. Nothing but fud of which is sadly, the norm here.

I do my best to take into account any criticism, and be as unbiased as possible, but this is truely all i'm seeing from you. All you seem to be doing is ruining your own reputation and any slightly experienced investor will see right through it.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:42:52 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 02:02:27 PM by kelsey

NEM is a technology

congrats makoto!

I don't see any criticism, i see unfounded accusations and slander. Nothing but fud of which is sadly, the norm here.

I do my best to take into account any criticism, and be as unbiased as possible, but this is truely all i'm seeing from you. All you seem to be doing is ruining your own reputation and any slightly experienced investor will see right through it.

i'm sorry what are these "unfounded accusations and slander" ? i'll happily 100% back them up anything i've posted?

i'm sorry what would "slightly experienced investor" be seeing right through?

just sad to see so many drinking the same koolaide around these parts.

i speak up because i like to see a p2p currency progress, and anything that interferes with that needs to be spoken out about.

a shame alot of work and potential in NEM is being wasted imo, because of flaws in distribution (in particular gaming by a dev) FACT, privatisation by another Dev is collusion with bank; going against the whole point of crypto FACT.

plenty quest for fiat types want this whole bank deal because its an excuse to pump, i see most other negatives on NEM here mainly about NEM price v USD/btc which i'm personally indifferent too.

but most here hinge NEM success on this fiat/btc price., and you see ranting and raving based on that, and via a few who got caught out trying to game distribution.

create something of value not price.

NEMs distribution almost guarantees a low price,. and ironically people here are telling me learn economics 101  Roll Eyes

an ideal currency would be stable in price, but just most in crypto want this earlier adopter $$$$$$. again i say whats the point in being an alternative to the greedy bankers if we ourselves become the greedy bankers?
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 02:32:01 PM

i'm sorry what are these "unfounded accusations and slander" ? i'll happily 100% back them up anything i've posted?

i speak up because i like to see a p2p currency progress, and anything that interferes with that needs to be spoken out about.

a shame alot of work and potential in NEM is being wasted imo, because of flaws in distribution (in particular gaming by a dev) FACT, privatisation by another Dev is collusion with bank; going against the whole point of crypto FACT.

plenty quest for fiat types want this whole bank deal because its an excuse to pump, i see most other negatives on NEM here mainly about NEM price v USD/btc which i'm personally indifferent too.

but most here hinge NEM success on this fiat/btc price., and you see ranting and raving based on that, and via a few who got caught out trying to game distribution.

NEMs distribution almost guarantees a low price,. and ironically people here are telling me learn economics 101  Roll Eyes

an ideal currency would be stable in price, but just most in crypto want this earlier adopter $$$$$$. again i say whats the point in being an alternative to the greedy bankers if we ourselves become the greedy bankers?

Again, your Facts are Lies.  Not one of the devs ever gamed the distribution.  This kind of slander is blatent trolling.  Your next "I'm just a persecuted BTT legend talking the truth post" that is filled with slander about NEM members will be deleted.  I suggest for now on if you don't have something nice to say, or a link to back up the bad thing you are saying with proof, you not say it.  

Also your second fact is a lie, NEM has not been privatized.  NEM is the same open and decentralized platform.  What has been privatized is a fork of NEM that was optimized to run on high speed machines with 15 second block times and 100-1000 tx/s being tested currently.  That privatized ledger is Mijin.  NEM is NEM.  NEM has not now or ever been privatized.  What the two have in common, which is great is the same APIs, so anybody building on a private Mijin chain, can also access the NEM chain.  They basically get two for the price of one.  Sometimes they will want to only trade with trusted partners and have full control of their chain, or sometimes they will want to trade on an open decentralized chain with anybody.  And now those businesses can mix and match as they please.  

As for the "whole point of crypto", that is your subjective opinion of what crypto is.  I seem to remember Satoshi's white paper being titled "A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" which actually is a great description of NEM.  

Furthermore, NEM is not even just "crypto", it is a blockchain.  Maybe you hate the word "blockchain" but the fact is NEM is being built to handle far more transactions types than just "crypto currencies" which is actually a very limited use case and is so 2013.  

Its so funny that we find a way for thousands of businesses to interact with the NEM chain and you are implying it is a scam coin pump.  Its really saddening.  There are so many scam coins filled on these threads that have constantly lied and said they were closing deals with banks just to pump their marketcap.  If we were doing that we would have said for weeks "there was a BIG announcement" and stirred up a frenzy, but up until this announcement we were getting trolled for not doing anything, yet we just assured people calming we were working while they cried "I don't see anything".  Now we are getting called pumpers because we did something, and I assure you, our point is not to pump XEM but to build a real chain with real users and real businesses building on it.  To me that is "the whole point of a blockchain".    

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:38:15 PM

NEM is a technology

congrats makoto!

Crypto is a currency, currencies don't have any intrinsic value so their price IS volatile - FIAT is only not so because of banker manipulation and ignorance of the masses who use it. Fact.

Crypto and FIAT are very much alike, but Crypto is by far the lesser evil due to it's decentralized nature, but this decentralization is only temporary; dependent upon it's algorithm.

Bitcoin becomes more and more centralized because as it's mining requires bigger hardware, investors and companies to do it, they'll be the one to have exclusive control over the blockchain and the authentication of transactions. Essentially, bitcoins FUTURE IS CENTRALIZATION on the POW model. It's already begun. The difference is, it's more subversive and unnoticeable -- this makes it dangerous as an unaccountable few will be able to exploit their position. Just as the current FIAT fraud is. So i don't get where this naive "Crypto goes against banks" bullshit is coming from, because in the case of Bitcoin/POW - it's destined to be the Exact same in the future.

real MONEY is gold, silver, precious metals. Money /= Currency.

I got into NEM because it at least is going to make efforts to integrate into the existing infastructure and improve it (Ideally, by removing banks monopoly and secrecy over the creation of currency). It's algorithm is complex enough to not just reward big hodlers (IE: POS) and there's no unnecessary energy requirements to "harvest". It's frankly a more realistic and transparent platform for the real world. NEM has convenience over FIAT due to lack of fee's and ease of transaction, and none of the exploitations banks have with FIAT. This is why nem intrigues me.

Crypto has the capability to revolutionize the financial world, or bring it to it's knee's. Pick your poison.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 02:57:41 PM

Crypto is a currency, currencies don't have any intrinsic value so their price IS volatile - FIAT is only not so because of banker manipulation and ignorance of the masses who use it. Fact.

Crypto and FIAT are very much alike, but Crypto is by far the lesser evil due to it's decentralized nature, but this decentralization is only temporary; dependent upon it's algorithm.

Bitcoin becomes more and more centralized because as it's mining requires bigger hardware, investors and companies to do it, they'll be the one to have exclusive control over the blockchain and the authentication of transactions. Essentially, bitcoins FUTURE IS CENTRALIZATION on the POW model. It's already begun. The difference is, it's more subversive and unnoticeable -- this makes it dangerous as an unaccountable few will be able to exploit their position. Just as the current FIAT fraud is. So i don't get where this naive "Crypto goes against banks" bullshit is coming from, because in the case of Bitcoin/POW - it's destined to be the Exact same in the future.

real MONEY is gold, silver, precious metals. Money /= Currency.

I got into NEM because it at least is going to make efforts to integrate into the existing infastructure and improve it (Ideally, by removing banks monopoly and secrecy over the creation of currency). It's algorithm is complex enough to not just reward big hodlers (IE: POS) and there's no unnecessary energy requirements to "harvest". It's frankly a more realistic and transparent platform for the real world. NEM has convenience over FIAT due to lack of fee's and ease of transaction, and none of the exploitations banks have with FIAT. This is why nem intrigues me.

Crypto has the capability to revolutionize the financial world, or bring it to it's knee's. Pick your poison.

Bitcoin use to have so many nodes at one time.  But that was back when people were CPU mining I guess.  Now people just connect an ASIC to a mining pool.  Like 10 pools control most of the network in Bitcoin now.  It is very centralized. 

But NEM is returning to the spirit of the old days of CPU mining.  People can now use there CPU again to make blocks.  Anybody can run a light node on their computer in the background that hardly uses any of their processor and electricity.  When we have a lot of users, we might someday have a lot of nodes too as it will be so easy.  A double click to install a wallet and people are running a full node too and making a little extra on fees from forming blocks. 

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:19:42 PM

Crypto currency is an ideal created by some people in the hope of defeating the banking system. It remains an ideal and a fight against it. The underlying technology behind the ideals of a crypto currency has far reaching effect that can benefit many types of applications, including the banking system.

In a world where everyone is free to do anything, I do not see anything wrong if someone is using it to "feed the bankers".  If we don't, someone else would. It doesn't matter how one wants to argue about it. If someone in NEM wants to champion that part of the course, he is free to do that. At least Makoto contributed to the emergence of NEM. If he chooses to use it to enrich banks, that is his prerogative and we all should wish him well. We cannot impose on anyone's will.

It took thousands of years to create the fiat system to what it is today. To get rid of it even within one generation is a challenge. We are never going to see that happen in the foreseeable future. The very fact that blockchain is going to be used by financial institutions is already a giant step towards the ideal situation of it being totally decentralised.
ournem (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:27:18 PM

https://nemio.slack.com/  You may have to join up first though....... I use Telegram....it looks better for me.

Right, but I think I need invitation. Where I can get one?

auto-invite is currently down. If you pm me an email address I'll add you.

New auto-invite for Slack is currently up.  http://blockexplore.in/search/join-slack/

Thanks to Rev for making this happen. :-)
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 05:39:00 PM

Sakura Internet is up quite a bit since announcing it will offer Mijin Cloudchains.

nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:37:46 PM

Can just see all these jealous Managing Directors of competitors watching that chart ...'....mmm.....how do I eek out some more value in this goddamn company ?.. mmm....mijin.....nem....'

lol

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:30:27 PM

When will there be a new minor version?
0.6.4x is the most current version since months.
is there a development progress anyway?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 11:07:00 PM

When will there be a new minor version?
0.6.4x is the most current version since months.
is there a development progress anyway?

didnt u get the news that mosaik namespaces is already on testnet?

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:02:11 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/japanese-financial-institutions-partner-with-technology-startups-to-utilize-the-blockchain/

If you guys haven't seen this here is DragonFly's Technical Paper: 
http://dragonflyfintech.com/static/DF_Paper.pdf

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:25:13 AM

Come on guys the rhytm is being slow, but i trust nex moths will be good for NEM development, but competence is growing too too fast we can not sleep the project if we want to be in the race for the improved blockchain
Pages: « 1 ... 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: