Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:58:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:43:06 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 07:54:01 AM by patmast3r

Fun fact: 3 people lost their NXT passphrase back then and also had bought NEMStake.
They invested 2 minutes and contacted me...then.
We had the community vote and those people got to redeem their stake if their stake had still been in their account for a good chunk after another deadline set strictly for those people.

In the end only 2 of those actually redeemed, the third appearantly didn't give a shit and I'm sure he'll turn up soon enough...(it wasn't HinnomTX...don't remember that nick)

We've bent over backwards so everyone get's a fair opportunity to redeem. Do you really think suggesting it's all a scam and thereby insulting everyone involved will get you anywhere ?

The deadlines were set so the team wouldn't for all eternity have to deal with people coming and wanting to redeem. They're kinda busy these days. It's not unheard of that things have expiry dates.

Also does this tx ring any bells? https://www.mynxt.info/transaction/12820971356593271975
I'm sure that was done so most people wouldn't redeem so the slushfund would grow rigth ?

Also from the asset description: Our website is ournem.com. Please read about NEM, NEMstake token and the conversion rules in our dedicated thread before buying NEMstake.

Did you keep up with the conversion rules ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:05:00 AM

The golden rule applies. In a population, 80% will be satisfied. 20% will not be happy. In NEM we have tried, and bent backwards to help some of these unfortunate ones. The deadline was set and there was no going back. We have satisfied most but a few that probably came to less than 1%, which is fantastic.

Now that the price has gone up, the one or few come crawling back, demanding.

They will call NEM scam and what not. NEM has been called all sort of things in the past, but we moved on. Many monkeys ( they have to be called monkeys because monkeys have tails) had to walk away with tails between their legs as we continue to prove them wrong.

NEM is used to people calling it a scam. NEM is scarred but NEM will continue to rise above the ashes like a golden phoenix.

You can either participate or become a loser.  The choice is yours.

NEM as a project has no emotions when it comes to the greater scheme of things. It cannot wait and will not wait.

On a final note, I will not hesitate to say that NEM will continue to soar higher in the coming months. The rise of XEM is not a pump. Just that it was never in the radar of the cryptosphere.

And it has reasons to go up in price. Even if there was a dump it will continue to move on. Wouldn't it be nice if people are participating in building businesses around NEM and be able to come out and speak with confidence about the future of NEM? It feels good to sit on top of it.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:52:09 AM

Nice CNY/XEM volume in BTC38

24H VOL CNY  XEM

24H VOL CNY  Litecoin

24H VOL CNY BTC

Too bad CMC doesn't include that volume. Can anyone contact them?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
extee

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:28:33 AM

I got a NEM stake for free back in the day (posted in the original thread) . didn't redeem it in time.  I'm gutted but I don't feel like bitching about it or blaming anyone.
I didn't even rememeber about my stake untill last week when I had a look at the coinmarketcap page. "omg NEM! " (i know what helped HinnomTX magically find his lost NXT password lol)
for a year or so I was inactive. there were rules and deadlines for redemtion which I didn't follow .the asset even said to keep up with the rules. fair enough.
frankly seems already too lenient that they allowed redemtion for the first 3 months after genesis...you'd expect it be settled  finalized before that.
anyway after reading on forums that I couldn't redeem it anymore I dumped it on NXT asset exchange for a few thousand NXT (10$ or so) which then I immediately reinvested into NEM ...and now I have 10.000 NEM. just enough to move to my wallet for harvesting ! and as soon as I make more (trying to figure out this harvesting stuff) I plan to send back the NXt to that dude who probably had forgotten the buy order.

wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:30:51 AM

Nice CNY/XEM volume in BTC38

24H VOL CNY  XEM

24H VOL CNY  Litecoin

24H VOL CNY BTC

Too bad CMC doesn't include that volume. Can anyone contact them?

anyone can do it through this form (Request form at the bottom of the page)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform
-> "... modify information on an existing coin"
I just did it.
maybe it speeds things up, if they get more requests for that Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:17:37 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 12:24:44 PM by Thingamajig

There is plenty of XEM. I think one of the most important things we could do with it, is make sure those who were there in the beginning, and bought a stake, reap the rewards, and are allowed to be a XEM carrying member of the community in all its glory.

I find this rather patronizing. Because alot of us who saw the value in NEM watched each post with bated breath over the years it's been active. The people who show up now demanding their NEMstake redemption only do so because it's suddenly got some nice value they want to dump on an exchange. They don't care. They lost out.

They had plenty of time and opportunity to redeem their stake (Even after deadline extensions!) - they chose not to by not checking on NEM's progress. Probably because they were throwing BTC into other projects to increase their odds of a bigger FIAT cashout. NEM is and was not a typical ALT pump and dump, and that was clear straight from the start. There was more to investment than simply throwing a tiny sum of BTC/NXT at the project, as is the trend with most alt clone projects.

In the end, the entire discussion history is all in black and white in this very thread. There's nothing to debate, it's over.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:28:24 PM

Seems like the majority doesn't want to make this very late redemption happen.

Attacking NEM as a scam will not help anyone convince the community to reopen the NEM asset redemption, if anything it hurts chances by insulting the community.

Even though last year was bad for alts, I still checked once a month to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything. In the back of my mind I still had a tiny bit of hope that alts would rise once again. Sure I cashed out before that, but I still kept a good amount of coins that I could afford to lose if it went down.

Some people completely turned their back and they are finding out this year that it was a mistake. A lot of them came back, a bit down but still willing to give it a second try and not blame anyone for their mistakes.

NEM community is leaning more towards not allowing this very late redemption, even though some of us might want to give one last chance if the majority decides not to do it then we must respect this decision.

mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 02:32:35 PM

People still crying about late redemption LOL  Roll Eyes Been more than a year now...

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:45:22 PM

I was one of the people that got locked out of my Nxt Acct.

Pat helped me. The community helped me. Btw, I'm curious. How many are left unclaimed right now? Does anyone know?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:04:28 PM

People still crying about late redemption LOL  Roll Eyes Been more than a year now...

From a cynics point of view, some of these people may not have originally believed in the currency, and then seen the recent price increase and decided it's now time to cash in.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:40:29 PM

Starting distribution again now is only waiting to open a shitstorm from others who missed the redemption deadlines, both from the NXT assets as well as before that. It would be very inwise in my opinion.
Wait- the devs left some investors behind twice? You mean there was an expropriation of claims to assets at the time of NEMstake issuance? Ho lee fuk.
I can hear the posts being deleted now.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
rajc

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:48:38 PM

Starting distribution again now is only waiting to open a shitstorm from others who missed the redemption deadlines, both from the NXT assets as well as before that. It would be very inwise in my opinion.
Wait- the devs left some investors behind twice? You mean there was an expropriation of claims to assets at the time of NEMstake issuance? Ho lee fuk.

The devs did not leave anyone. Some people however missed OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED DEADLINES, other people had some "technical" difficulties but DID NOT CARE ENOUGH to contact devs.  
HinnomTX

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:31:34 PM

The devs did not leave anyone. Some people however missed OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED DEADLINES, other people had some "technical" difficulties but DID NOT CARE ENOUGH to contact devs.  
Don't you get it? This is the way the scam operates. The devs have setup 'OFFICIAL RULES' and 'DEADLINES' to justify stripping away people's investments. The whole NEMstake token was just a fleecing operation on both ends. What will be the next hoop the devs make you jump through to keep your asset? You may feel OK now that you have your XEM and your blockchain, but the pattern of behavior is set. Before you know it the devs will say, 'Oh your XEM is really on testnet. Sorry but you need to convert to the real NEM over here.' But it's ok to be unethical in cyberspace, right? It's just funny money anyway. If you treat it like funny money, it will be. In the real world, you'd be fined by the SEC and ordered to make investors whole.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:37:22 PM

Don't you get it? This is the way the scam operates. The devs have setup 'OFFICIAL RULES' and 'DEADLINES' to justify stripping away people's investments. The whole NEMstake token was just a fleecing operation on both ends. What will be the next hoop the devs make you jump through to keep your asset? You may feel OK now that you have your XEM and your blockchain, but the pattern of behavior is set. Before you know it the devs will say, 'Oh your XEM is really on testnet. Sorry but you need to convert to the real NEM over here.' But it's ok to be unethical in cyberspace, right? It's just funny money anyway. If you treat it like funny money, it will be. In the real world, you'd be fined by the SEC and ordered to make investors whole.

If it's such a scam then what are you doing here? Just turn away and don't look back, after all it's just "funny money".

Your argument does not make logical sense, I and probably a few others were trying to make a case for you and others in your situation. Not anymore, NEM should continue business as usual.
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:38:51 PM

now to something totally different Tongue

found this list, which was posted in january 2015 (link below).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg10075681#msg10075681
where are we now with these features/projects labeled as "in development"?
Is there an official list about that or can you update the list makoto?
I'm specially interested in that hardware wallet thing.
is someone still developing a hardware wallet and is it based on an existing solution with special firmware?
thank you

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:41:17 PM

I paid attention to what they were saying. As a result of that I wound up with what I was allocated. That's not very scammy.

I dunno how the thinking went but I think provision should have been made for those who didn't pull their fingers out. You're not going to get a very favourable response screaming scam though.
HinnomTX

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:17:53 PM

If it's such a scam then what are you doing here? Just turn away and don't look back, after all it's just "funny money".

Your argument does not make logical sense, I and probably a few others were trying to make a case for you and others in your situation. Not anymore, NEM should continue business as usual.
Yep, the truth is coming out now. In the real world, your 'seed' and 'A round' investors provide the capital formation. They go in knowing they may get diluted down the road, but they invest with reasonable confidence that if they lose it all, it's because of a failure of execution from the people they hired. Here, the people you're hiring are prone to embezzling funds from the investors at opportune moments, because they are operating unchecked in cyber space. It's all 'funny money' because the equity that your A round investors bought, which should be treated with respect, has been expropriated and misappropriated at the whims of developers and even the community.

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:30:18 PM

Yep, the truth is coming out now. In the real world, your 'seed' and 'A round' investors provide the capital formation. They go in knowing they may get diluted down the road, but they invest with reasonable confidence that if they lose it all, it's because of a failure of execution from the people they hired. Here, the people you're hiring are prone to embezzling funds from the investors at opportune moments, because they are operating unchecked in cyber space. It's all 'funny money' because the equity that your A round investors bought, which should be treated with respect, has been expropriated and misappropriated at the whims of developers and even the community.

We all know what we got ourselves into when we invested in crypto currency, that's not a secret. Even many members of the crypto community warn about this.

Just stop, you know how risky these types of investments are. It's not pretty that's for sure.
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 05:32:10 PM

seriously, you need a doctor.
McDoxy1

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:42:25 PM

The NEMstake you bought were like stock options. They weren't real equity, but the opportunity to receive real stock/equity in a certain period of time and with certain rules.
You agreed to those rules when you bought them. You broke those rules. Your fault. Nothing anyone can do about that.
Pages: « 1 ... 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: