Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2983954 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:50:21 AM

Denying old stockholders who forgotten to redeem in time is actually against the core principles of NEM's equal opportunity. These guys joined us in the very early days based on such principle. We have to do the best we can to support them. I do not see this happening up until this moment. Please think it over it is worth turning the wheels to maintain NEM's principles.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:04:10 AM

i want to share following news
the bitcoin 2.0 platform that after multiple months analyzing
DMD Diamond did choose to utilize will be NEM

DMD Diamond will move in 2016/2017 towards a dual blockchain solution

where DMD chain as we see it now will be the storage and stake solution

and a NEM blockchain based asset bit.diamonds:DMD will be utilized in all the business usecases we try to create for the DMD Diamond ecosystem

mainly around series of products  and services around our target business area: unique crypto assets

please excuse if we cant go in details now

just following facts:

the amount of existing DMD will be always determined by the DMD native blockchain

there is no DMD coin production in the NEM chain

DMD will be moveable between both chains in both directions

Is this confirmed or just a rumor? Source plz?

^^ shilling his altcoins

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:06:24 AM

Denying old stockholders who forgotten to redeem in time is actually against the core principles of NEM's equal opportunity. These guys joined us in the very early days based on such principle. We have to do the best we can to support them. I do not see this happening up until this moment. Please think it over it is worth turning the wheels to maintain NEM's principles.

Thats all well and good, but very unfair on those that missed the deadline and took it on the chin like an earlier poster a few pages back who sold his stake for $10 after he missed the deadline.
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:09:31 AM

Initial stakeholders who didn't redeem within deadline and extended deadline, as a result,  took away the opportunity of other people's joining in NEM.
At least, they didn't contribute to NEM's wide distribution.

Deadline is deadline.
It's not a word game but a rule.
And deadline was extended. That's enough.
Cruel to say, admitting his own fault and giving up coins is gentleman's beauty.
Sorry.
n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:18:45 AM

Bottoms in Smiley

http://puu.sh/nCfu7/b28abf227c.jpg

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 02:22:05 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 05:10:31 AM by rockethead

The unfortunate part is that NEM has very few doers and lots of talkers. With the limited resources, this ain't happening. Plus, rewinding will also throw everything into disequilibrium because it gives precedence to every other claim.

Equal opportunity has been seeded (like I said earlier, the 80/20 rule. You cannot satisfy them all). Today, it is open equal opportunity. There is no more "spoon fed" equal opportunity. The barrier gate has been lifted and the horses are running in the field. Each man for its own to make the most out of XEM.

Shrillers are going to continue to shrill. Today they are a handful of them in a sea of a few thousand supporters of NEM. 3 years down the road, they will continue to shrill but their voices will be drowned in 10s of thousands of supporters.

NEM as a project is a project without emotions. It will just march forward. People who work on it will continue to build it and that is the single biggest task today. The very premise of it being equal opportunity is now an open field. Those who are still involved in NEM are caretakers of NEM with a responsibility to move forward. It is not about administrating things of past but moving forward. Some administrators of the past have moved on and are not around anymore. People come and people go as they serve NEM.

You can shrill and call it a scam, but it just moves on. Nobody will bother about it.

I note there are less than a handful who are shrilling for their NEMstakes. Many of the rest of the nemsters don't feel about it and don't give a damn. With the passage of time, many more will become indifferent about it. Hence, my meaning of no emotions.

If you lose your wallet in the streets, don't blame anyone else but yourself. Likewise here. It comes with personal responsibility. Call NEM anything, but it still comes with personal responsibility. At the end of the day, that's what counts.
n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:30:24 AM

The unfortunate part is that NEM has very few doers and lots of talkers. With the limited resources, this ain't happening. Plus, rewinding will also throw everything into disequilibrium because it gives precedent to every other claim.

Equal opportunity has been seeded (like I said earlier, the 80/20 rule. You cannot satisfy them all). Today, it is open equal opportunity. There is no more "spoon fed" equal opportunity. The barrier gate has been lifted and the horses are running in the field. Each man for its own to make the most out of XEM.

Shrillers are going to continue to shrill. Today they are a handful of them in a sea of a few thousand supporters of NEM. 3 years down the road, they will continue to shrill but their voices will be drowned in 10s of thousands of supporters.

NEM as a project is a project without emotions. It will just march forward. People who work on it will continue to build it and that is the single biggest task today. The very premise of it being equal opportunity is now an open field. Those who are still involved in NEM are caretakers of NEM with a responsibility to move forward. It is not about administrating things of past but moving forward. Some administrators of the past have moved on and are not around anymore. People come and people go as they serve NEM.

You can shrill and call it a scam, but it just moves on. Nobody will bother about it.

I note there are less than a handful who are shrilling for their NEMstakes. Many of the rest of the nemsters don't feel about it and don't give a damn. With the passage of time, many more will become indifferent about it. Hence, my meaning of no emotions.

If you lose your wallet in the streets, don't blame anyone else but yourself. Likewise here. It comes with personal responsibility. Call NEM anything, but it still comes with personal responsibility. At the end of the day, that's what counts.

bravo....bravo!!!

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:31:09 AM

u see my signature?....i put that when it was beginning of NEM.... Smiley

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
NEMergizer

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:24:25 AM

The unfortunate part is that NEM has very few doers and lots of talkers. With the limited resources, this ain't happening. Plus, rewinding will also throw everything into disequilibrium because it gives precedent to every other claim.

Thanks for the time you've spent in writing your feedback. You have convinced me 100%.
NEMergizer

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:25:40 AM

Initial stakeholders who didn't redeem within deadline and extended deadline, as a result,  took away the opportunity of other people's joining in NEM.
At least, they didn't contribute to NEM's wide distribution.

Deadline is deadline.
It's not a word game but a rule.
And deadline was extended. That's enough.
Cruel to say, admitting his own fault and giving up coins is gentleman's beauty.
Sorry.

Alright, you have convinced me. Thanks.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 07:18:40 AM

Is there a stat like page that tells me what can be my harvesting rate once I have my coins vested?
Bump ...

Your PoI is basically your rate assuming that all accounts are harvesting.  In reality all aren't so you will harvest more than your stated PoI.  But since we can't know at any given time how many people or even if all will be competing for any one block the PoI will act as the lowest rate. 

You can see your PoI score in your wallet. 

If your PoI was something like 1.00 ‱ as a base line you would get 1 out of 10,000 blocks or basically 1 block every week.  But none of the funds are being harvested on (by design) and lots of people aren't harvesting on their share, so in reality an account 1.00 ‱ can reliably make at least a couple of blocks a day. 

(I'm not sure if the above is 100% correct.  It is just the way I understand it.  Please somebody else correct me if I am wrong.)

McDoxy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:20:07 AM

Once If NEM gets onto Azure, adoption should proliferate exponentially as it will be one of the best platforms in Azure.

FTFY

Depends on if Azure knows about NEM and think it's a valuable addition (who knows what their criterias are). As far as I know there haven't been any indicitations of Azure adding NEM.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:28:39 AM

Once If NEM gets onto Azure, adoption should proliferate exponentially as it will be one of the best platforms in Azure.

FTFY

Depends on if Azure knows about NEM and think it's a valuable addition and can do things other platforms can't. As far as I know there haven't been any indicitations of Azure adding NEM.

Yeah...see people don't actually know how azure and the listing on azure works. All these "partnerships" we've seen lately ? Not as big a deal as people think. But people tend to not do their homework around here so I guess I shouldn't be suprised it created so much buzz for those platforms.
Any blockchain solution - and I do mean any - can get listed on azure. It's merely a matter of setting it up correctly so that microsoft approves. I'd be quite suprised if they outright rejected NEM but we'll see.

McDoxy1

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:10:10 AM

FTFY

Depends on if Azure knows about NEM and think it's a valuable addition and can do things other platforms can't. As far as I know there haven't been any indicitations of Azure adding NEM.

Yeah...see people don't actually know how azure and the listing on azure works. All these "partnerships" we've seen lately ? Not as big a deal as people think. But people tend to not do their homework around here so I guess I shouldn't be suprised it created so much buzz for those platforms.
Any blockchain solution - and I do mean any - can get listed on azure. It's merely a matter of setting it up correctly so that microsoft approves. I'd be quite suprised if they outright rejected NEM but we'll see.

That's good to know  Grin Didn't know that either.
So did NEM already apply?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 10:27:06 AM

and a NEM blockchain based asset bit.diamonds:DMD will be utilized in all the business usecases we try to create for the DMD Diamond ecosystem

mainly around series of products  and services around our target business area: unique crypto assets

just following facts:

the amount of existing DMD will be always determined by the DMD native blockchain

^

how more official u want it than me posting it  Grin

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 10:40:27 AM

just following facts:

^^ shilling his altcoins

Really? Sounded to me like he was 'shilling'' NEM. Whenever I read that another alt is moving towards interoperability with Bitshares, the news comes from or is echoed by someone with the last name of "Larimer" Wink . That's a pretty good sign that another alt moving to a "bitcoin 2.0 platform" means good news for the platform.IN this case, NEM.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 01:49:39 PM

Once NEM gets onto Azure, adoption should proliferate exponentially as it will be one of the best platforms in Azure.

THE best platform on Azure Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:08:02 PM

Are there negotiations with Microsoft to bring NEM on the Azure platform soon?

Once NEM gets onto Azure, adoption should proliferate exponentially as it will be one of the best platforms in Azure.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 02:32:35 PM

Are there negotiations with Microsoft to bring NEM on the Azure platform soon?

ninja release Wink
Mineotaur

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:47:12 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 03:58:31 PM by Mineotaur

I bought and stashed a few XEM last year, can't remember exactly when. I have name.adb and name.wlt, as well as the password I used when creating the wallet. I do not have the private key. When I run the client, it sees the wallet, but when I type the password it tells me:

"Oops!

ERROR 123

NIS: ADDRESS BOOK COULD NOT BE READ"

Is all lost?

Your wallet seems to be fine.  Your address book not so.  

You can try a few things.  

1) You just needs to change the name of file.  If it was more than one word and he used the back up wallet feature, it saved in the wrong format.  Renaming the file will fix it.  (but I forget the trick.  I think it involves put a "_" in between the words)  (Please make a back up copy to play with when doing things like this)

2) He can wait until the next Lightwallet comes out and import into it without the address book as long as it was a wallet with only one account.  

3) If you know the password.  Remove the two wallets from the NCC folder.  Create a new wallet with the same name and same password.  Deleted that wallet but leave the address book file in the NCC folder.  Now paste in the original and good wallet.  If it was just a problem with the address book file, then you will be able to log into your wallet just having lost all your address book contents only.  

If any of these work, please also back up the private key.

Here is a tutorial about locating wallet files.  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-find-export-or-delete-your-wallet-and-address-book-file/

Thankyou, but none of these worked. I don't have a lot of spare time right now to dedicate to this, but I'll try again in the future and hope that perhaps that lightwallet works.
I'm not the only person with this prob btw, I've received a PM from someone with the same issue.
Fingers crossed for the future, don't want to lose those 45,000 coins!
Will report back when I have more free time. Thanks.

Edit: I do not think my files are corrupted. I had them backed up on 4 usb drives. None work, all were taken from the original, working files created by the wallet; not copies of potentially corrupted files. Also, 2nd April 2015 is the date on which these files were created. I'd have been using the most recent wallet on that date to create these files. Just including this info incase it's of any obvious consequence or might give any clues as to why the latest wallet doesn't seem to like my files. Thanks.

BTC: 37r8wbYRMPav3AU8w1D3FQmwtYenVzcbdX
Pages: « 1 ... 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: