Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 [1356] 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:34:57 PM

Yes. Far better to steer well clear. The track record isn't exactly inspiring. If it's any good then you'll be able to make money when it's out in the wild.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sammart57

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:36:05 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 07:48:32 PM by sammart57

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't catapult basically a rebuild of mijin with more features added, written in C++
I'm all for this coin and hope it does well, but maybe you guys can answer some questions since we've got some downtime in here.

Mijin came out, and while it was a tech advancement and a great thing, it failed to raise much interest or movement in the market.
So why are expectations sky high when it comes to the release of catapult? Do you guys really think it will send NEM into the stratosphere once that feature is released?
What makes you all think that, other than hope that this coin does well?

Not trying to troll, I'm genuinely interested in the responses as to WHY you all think we will see some serious movement and widespread acceptance.
NEM is technically superior to everything out there, of that there is no doubt. But the market doesn't always go with the superior product..

Taking things a step further, let's take a look at the top 10 coins.
The total market cap for the top 10 is: 14,070,943,757. So 14 billion and change.This will increase as the years pass, but nobody knows by how much or even if it's a certainty that it will increase.

Let's say that NEM muscles it's way back up to it's previous high of $115 million market cap, NEM value $0.01, and it would be at #5 marketcap.
Now let's say that NEM pushes it's way up to 3rd place, with a cap of $240 million. NEM value, $0.02.
Now NEM moves up to 2nd place, and manages a 1 Billion dollar market cap like ether had. NEM value, $0.11

It's gonna take a tremendous amount of time and new money into crypto for that to happen, because the others in the top 10 will most likely still be there.

So I'm really curious how far you guys think catapult will "catapult" NEM when it comes to marketcap and price, and just how you think it'll get there.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:51:03 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't catapult basically a rebuild of mijin with more features added, written in C++
I'm all for this coin and hope it does well, but maybe you guys can answer some questions since we've got some downtime in here.

Mijin came out, and while it was a tech advancement and a great thing, it failed to raise much interest or movement in the market.
So why are expectations sky high when it comes to the release of catapult? Do you guys really think it will send NEM into the stratosphere once that feature is released?

Not trying to troll, I'm genuinely interested in the responses as to WHY you all think we will see some serious movement and widespread acceptance.
NEM is technically superior to everything out there, of that there is no doubt. But the market doesn't always go with the superior product..

That's because the easiest way to respond to a criticism is to yell: "TROLL!".

If we're supposed to be excited by 1000s of TPS then NEM is hardly the first to achieve that.  Ripple, BitShares and a bunch of other projects are reputedly fast.  I think NEM has the best security in blockchain but people don't care about the security enhancements coming out of Catapult.

IMHO - the prospects for this project don't look good unless

1. Poloniex bosses add margin trading to NEM.

2. Viral adoption in either Malaysia or Japan.   NEM.io only ever hit like maybe top 3000 in Malaysia and top 20,000 in Japan.  I think you need to be a top 200 website.

3. Continue to get more companies and banks embrace NEM, but as we had seen in Bitcoin's case putting the cart (merchant adoption) before the horse (ordinary person adoption) doesn't necessarily work out.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:05:34 PM

So I'm really curious how far you guys think catapult will "catapult" NEM when it comes to marketcap and price, and just how you think it'll get there.

That's easy: if pumper decide to pump it, we can see new all time high. How high? how pumper think is necessary.

If pumper don't think that mijin is a big deal to start panic buy, or he just not accumulated necessary amount of coins, then it will be small(+200 - 300 sat), normal price growth.
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:25:41 PM

Is NEM good? Real value for your investment? Uhh...

i only believe in gravity and myself.

Ugh, Kauppalahti have spoken.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:03:12 PM

I was under the impression that Mijjin is an offshoot with nothing to do with NEM other than giving birth to it. It's not going to have any market effects because as of now it doesn't interact with the public chain. It's cool all the same.

As for the rest, didn't you notice what happened this year? Tons of coins reached absurd highs. You don't need much money to do it. Bitcoin can raise its market cap by a billion or two with 10-20 million dollars of real expenditure.

Market cap is a shite measure even if it's important to so many. XRP had a market cap of well over a billion for ages. That's all down to the declared number of coins versus what's actually for sale.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:28:11 AM

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
KarinaKasimanova

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:10:42 AM

l interested XEM, keep it .
ournem (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:18:55 AM

The total market cap for the top 10 is: 14,070,943,757. So 14 billion and change.This will increase as the years pass, but nobody knows by how much or even if it's a certainty that it will increase.

Let's say that NEM muscles it's way back up to it's previous high of $115 million market cap, NEM value $0.01, and it would be at #5 marketcap.
Now let's say that NEM pushes it's way up to 3rd place, with a cap of $240 million. NEM value, $0.02.
Now NEM moves up to 2nd place, and manages a 1 Billion dollar market cap like ether had. NEM value, $0.11

It's gonna take a tremendous amount of time and new money into crypto for that to happen, because the others in the top 10 will most likely still be there.

Mijin is doing quite well and is a good product.  I would happily test it in a side-by-side test with any other private chain out there right now and am pretty sure Mijin will win. But... the type of people that are looking into Mijin don't post on BTT and can't announce any building of any projects until they do so publicly as the are publicly traded companies and that affects stock prices and therefore insider trading laws apply.  They also don't want to post on places like open interent forums exactly what they are doing and tip off their competitors.  These types of deals takes seasons or even years to make from initial contact to final rollout.  The team is working really hard everyday, so it is completely impossible to tell the effect Mijin will have on the blockchain sphere right now, or its effect to NEM. 

When Catapult launches later next year, it is very possible it will be the only great private chain.  The things the devs have thought about and developed are so far ahead of other platforms IMO that I haven't seen anybody thinking that far ahead.  Also, while getting 1000's of tx per second is hard, it is not the only hard thing.  That is just one bottleneck in a ledger solution and the devs are addressing others too.  This is why somebody might claim their ledger is fast but in reality, it couldn't be used in the real world. 

I'm not going to tell you that XEM will be worth x amount on anyday, because I can't simply know that, but I can say I still hold all my XEM since launch plus more that I bought, and I think it will be worth more in the future.  NEM has 4 full time devs that are really good and know what they are doing.  Most other platforms have maybe 1-2 and some part-timers, some of which don't really know what they are doing.  There is a lot of work being done on NEM and when you see real businesses wanting a real blockchain to build on, we will be one of the best choices they have.
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:19:59 PM

Not sure if anyone here can answer these questions, if not I'll ask in Slack.

1) Do I understand it correctly that it is possible to trade mosaics on exchanges as long as you get the exchange to list it? Just like any other coin/asset? But unlike Counterparty or NXT, there is no built-in decentralized asset exchange (yet, anyway).

2) Would it be possible to mass-distribute mosaic tokens? I'm guessing one would need to build a tool for this? It would be great if doing so was built into the wallet at some point.

3) Would it be possible to pay out mosaics on a regular basis automatically? Like a monthly salary, for example. Again, I'm guessing one would need to build this functionality. And again, I hope this will be built in eventually.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 02:39:48 PM

Not sure if anyone here can answer these questions, if not I'll ask in Slack.

1) Do I understand it correctly that it is possible to trade mosaics on exchanges as long as you get the exchange to list it? Just like any other coin/asset? But unlike Counterparty or NXT, there is no built-in decentralized asset exchange (yet, anyway).

2) Would it be possible to mass-distribute mosaic tokens? I'm guessing one would need to build a tool for this? It would be great if doing so was built into the wallet at some point.

3) Would it be possible to pay out mosaics on a regular basis automatically? Like a monthly salary, for example. Again, I'm guessing one would need to build this functionality. And again, I hope this will be built in eventually.

1) Yes

2) Need to build a tool for it and can be built into a wallet. You can fork that out from the nanowallet.

3) it is possible to pay out mosaics on a regular basis automatically, and yes, you will need to build that functionality. Building it into the wallet requires one to build that smart contract into the wallet and it depends on the rule.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 03:30:36 PM

Depends on what rebuild means here, but sure it is a re-architecture of the already superior features in NEM/mijin.

It begets the question of what failed means. For all intents and purposes, raising interest does not necessarily also mean adoption. In as far as adoption is concerned, no chain is a serious contender.

Sending NEM into the stratosphere is a by product of the real intent. The real intent is adoption, and subsequently, recognition which leads to the real value of xem. Not in a moment is the core team worried about the value of xem, more so we are concerned if it can perform based on the requirements of mainstream industries.

If we were only interested in pumping xem, then there would have been no value in xem today. Time and energy were spent on building NEM than to pump. So, any movement in price may just turn up to be sterile now as the core team is bent on making it a great product.

The people who support NEM exhibits patience in the value of xem and it is their believe more so than a hope.
There is no superior solution out there in the market to start with anyway. NEM has something to offer that few have. And we are just starting. So, we are not wanting to think of any serious price movement as you would like it to be.

Our mantra is to keep going at it, and that is what we want to do. Not to keep worrying about the price movement of xem. It will come when it comes.

In a way, you are presuming we think like how you are thinking.

We'll let the market determine in the end. That is not what we want to work on to postulate and hope for the price hike. We are working on mainstream solutions so that we can work on the 7B people out there rather than trying to make ourselves well received by the few miillion people in this crypto space. When the 7B finally realise the value of crypto, they are more likely to jump in on something they have heard of, and it is NEM that we want to champion to the masses.

It is a blue ocean approach. You want new money and not old money. You spend your time and resources to get new money. And that's what we are trying to do.
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:40:54 PM

Blockchain revenue to hit $20billion by 2025 ...
http://www.econotimes.com/Annual-revenue-for-enterprise-applications-of-blockchain-to-hit-199B-by-2025--Report-454297

Chronobank

Activity: 1081
Merit: 251

Formerly known as Chronobank, now Chrono.tech

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 03:28:48 AM

Join ChronoBank ICO!

We accept NEM. Our NEM escrow is Jeff McDonald and Lon Wong from NEM

https://chronobank.io

The ChronoBank project aims to make short-term employment as accessible and rewarding as long-term employment, giving workers the flexibility to determine their own schedules whilst being paid a fair rate for their time, expertise and reputation.

Labour Hour (LH) tokens will be the most sustainable stable-value coins that are linked in price to average wages in their country of origin. Therefore, they will be inflation-proof assets that can be transferred and spent without the involvement of banks or any financial organisations. LH tokens will be easy to use and accessible 24/7 via the LH debit card

LaborX is a decentralised marketplace where labour time can be traded at market rates. A decentralised reputation system will facilitate feedback for each worker, allowing people to hire the most competent professionals from the online and offline worlds for their budgets, and employees to secure payment in line with their training, skill and experience. There will be both a fully decentralised version for global freelancers and a semi-centralised one that is fully compliant with local labour laws.

Together, these features enable us to adapt the tried and tested principles of timebanking to the requirements of the 21st century global labour market.

garp

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:40:32 AM

Well, based on your questions, I looked into some market cap numbers. The total market cap of all crypto's doubled the last year, from 7 billion to 14 billion.
I couldn't hesitate to make some assumptions ... Let's assume this market cap would double again in 2017 to 28 billion.
What percentage of that inflow of new capital should be flowing into nem to get to the market caps you mentioned within the timeframe of the same year. That is not a tremendous amount of time, you would have to agree.

To get to 115 million: 0,6%
To get to 240 million: 1,5%
To get to 1 billion:      7%

Now and that's is only based on the new capital, not on the exisiting capital. So this is when the 7 billion of today's market cap would not even shift at all, and as you suggest would still be there.

Disclaimer: this is pure speculation.

garp
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 02:53:31 PM

i agree with garp NEM will attract a share of new money flooding into crypto/blockchaintech that is above our actual marketcap share
which will constant move us upwards in coinmarketcap ranking

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
CryptoCypherCoin

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

Developer at TheCryptoChat

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 03:02:08 PM

Wow I'm late to the game on this one, never heard of this one until now and wow over 1000 pages here already, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Loving that Proof of Importance concept, this is intriguing

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 05:15:39 PM

Wow I'm late to the game on this one, never heard of this one until now and wow over 1000 pages here already, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Loving that Proof of Importance concept, this is intriguing

Glad to see you here.  Then website nem.io has a lot of information about NEM's features.  We are working hard to make it better and better too.

4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:58:53 PM

could someone post the link for the Slack invite - thanks  Smiley
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:28:26 PM

Join ChronoBank ICO!

We accept NEM. Our NEM escrow is Jeff McDonald and Lon Wong from NEM

NO thanks!  

If the main blockchain platform was NEM, I'd consider.  

But you choose ETH, I  mean what could possibly go wrong with Ethereum ...

Pages: « 1 ... 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 [1356] 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: