Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:39:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:07:57 AM

I can find a group of experienced developers to get us a proposal on the same exact authenticator functionality/app if not more. I don't have much time to do that nowadays but would do it if enough Nemers support the idea of having competitor proposals.

I think some of you missed, that this project is not about authenticator, that's an easy part and if you have ready deployment could be done quite quickly.

As far as I understand this project is about building a framework that will simplify development of other applications on top of nem.

I encourage on reading and commenting in the thread https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174,
they've also uploaded a plan https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174/30

The first link that was requesting voting in 5 days was mainly focused on NEM authenticator. I just checked the recent links in NEM forum and I am not sure if it is a different link or same one but updated with more details for a whole framework. NEM framework seems much more interesting and more complex from a development perspective.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samysamy1

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:28:36 AM

I can find a group of experienced developers to get us a proposal on the same exact authenticator functionality/app if not more. I don't have much time to do that nowadays but would do it if enough Nemers support the idea of having competitor proposals.

I think some of you missed, that this project is not about authenticator, that's an easy part and if you have ready deployment could be done quite quickly.

As far as I understand this project is about building a framework that will simplify development of other applications on top of nem.

I encourage on reading and commenting in the thread https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174,
they've also uploaded a plan https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174/30

It seems the devs are for this proposal which is positive. I think the more people working on NEM, the better for all.
I have a few questions though as i wont be around friday for the AMA.
What if the price of NEM drops 90% in the next few weeks. Where does the project stand then ?
I hate the voting system (importance wins and dev have control of a lot of it) and the short time frame allowed to investigate these proposals.
What happened to cryptoapex (50million funded) and why is Nembit86 pushing for this proposal as he is involved in cryptoapex (jabo38Mar '16
Beta has started via invite from CA members. If you are interested, please contact Niko or Nembit86)

You are right. It's all a waist of the funds. Where did the 50 million go to? Do you know how much that is right now?Huh??

I'm really scared that the funds get shared amongst a few people (including the developers) behind our backs without them delivering a real useful product. Is this their way of getting their hands on the funds for personal gains?

The cryptoapex is not working and it has an inactive twitter page with 25 followers. And 10 Likes on FB with the last message more than a year ago saying limited testing?HuhHuhHuh??

Nembit86 why would you start a new project if you haven't finished the other one yet. By the way use the funds of last time.

From the Telegram chat I came to know that Nembit86 is a hoarder of Xem and that was before this project appeared.

Sorry if this might not be true but it's up to you to prove me wrong.
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:43:38 AM

What wallets i can use for my XEM? Because all my coins are on exchange and i want to transfer them to my cold wallet.
nembit 86

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:11:15 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 09:29:46 AM by nembit 86

I would rather vote for NEM funds to be spent on new internal researches then looking for dev teams around the world to apply and develop new NEM technologies. Similar to what ETC is doing now. Any external requests for funds is a red red red flag!

Consider all the failing insecure Ethereum dapps that just sucked money from crowd funding. NEM dev funds should never get trapped in any sort of crowd funding for projects or Dapps that operates on NEM unless the project/research is a core NEM piece that initially been developed internally by the NEM dev team. Only then we can vote.

A third party request for funds should not even open the door for any sort of voting! I would rather vote and debate such principal first.

Everytime something like this comes up, I have not seen one developer in the thread asking for a vote or setting up a system for the initial investors to vote on.

We can discuss this all day long, but if we can't actually physically vote then all these are just words and we will be ignored.

Can anyone point me to where the voting is happening? Because I have yet to see it all these years.

what are you talking about ? I oversaw the first voting with CryptoApex and also Apostille...... a lot of the community voted on both occasions and it was completely fair.The voting figures were published on both occasions. Of course you will be able to physically vote. You will have 5 days to physically vote on the Atraura Proposal thread.

So discussion is actually 10 days if you wish to vote on the last day available......more than enough time to get to know more about the Atraura Organisation.

The Community Fund was specifically set up to help third party projects expand the NEM project......  please read all about Atraura and the proposal process before commiting yourselves

State your sources and the records where this voting process happened.

I am not aware of this process and others as well have not heard of this vote. Take into account that many of us have been keeping up with NEM since day 1.

I could care less of an Atraura Proposal thread, I want to see a blockchain system style of voting. So far most initial supporters have been told about these projects, yet we are being left out of voting then all of a sudden boom "new money approved for X project". Who approved this? Where are the public records of such votes? It'd be nice if our opinions get taken more into account if we are truly "a community coin".

If anyone from the main NEM team would like to step in and explain this/correct us to clear things.

the process can be found and read by going to the first link I posted. You just need to be less lazy and go there and read up on it rather than bad mouthing long term nembers.....

rather than talking nonsense here in a troll like manner maybe you should start participating in the discussion provided by the links a little back on this thread.....on the Forum...

Everyone can create a new account and claim to be the real nembit86.
Will the real nembit86 please stand up? Grin
We actually don't have to do anything. We don't have the time and patience to read through lots of reading material. Just give us a good summary of how it will benefit us. This shouldn't be hard for you if you know the ins and outs of your own project.

This is the real nembit86 standing up  Grin ...... I am not involved in this project , I am only overseeing the voting process and ANNOUNCING it. I am MISTER IMPARTIAL . Dont be lazy and DO your own investigations.
nembit 86

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:23:39 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 09:35:24 AM by nembit 86

OK  , I have noticed that a lot of you guys want more time to discuss and investigate the Atraura Proposal so I have lengthened the discussion time on the thread to 10 days from posting.After the 10 days there will be voting for 5 days . Results will be posted on the thread.

https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174/3
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:04:35 AM

What wallets i can use for my XEM? Because all my coins are on exchange and i want to transfer them to my cold wallet.

You can use Nano Wallet https://www.nem.io/install.html
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:14:14 AM

It seems the devs are for this proposal which is positive. I think the more people working on NEM, the better for all.
What if the price of NEM drops 90% in the next few weeks. Where does the project stand then ?
I hate the voting system (importance wins and dev have control of a lot of it) and the short time frame allowed to investigate these proposals.
What happened to cryptoapex (50million funded) and why is Nembit86 pushing for this proposal as he is involved in cryptoapex (jabo38Mar '16
Beta has started via invite from CA members. If you are interested, please contact Niko or Nembit86)

You are right. It's all a waist of the funds. Where did the 50 million go to? Do you know how much that is right now?Huh??

I'm really scared that the funds get shared amongst a few people (including the developers) behind our backs without them delivering a real useful product. Is this their way of getting their hands on the funds for personal gains?

The cryptoapex is not working and it has an inactive twitter page with 25 followers. And 10 Likes on FB with the last message more than a year ago saying limited testing?HuhHuhHuh??

Nembit86 why would you start a new project if you haven't finished the other one yet. By the way use the funds of last time.

From the Telegram chat I came to know that Nembit86 is a hoarder of Xem and that was before this project appeared.

I really have my doubts about your accusation that the devs are stealing the money! This is not NEM-style at all as in the whole crypto-shit-world out there, NEM and devs are the constants in delivering high-end results others just can dream of! ;-)
Hence, they would just harm its own baby and I highly doubt it.

However, I guess everyone would like to know what happened with Cryptoapex.
Is there someone who can contribute some reasonable information rather than accusations?

Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:51:09 AM

I really like the NEM framework idea. It is definitely worth to put some XEM in.
Will they receive XEM for every reached milestone or will they receive the whole 15 million in one bunch?
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 12:02:40 PM

Let me just quote what I've sent to forum, as I think you're the same troll:

Quote from: cryptosamy, post:20, topic:5176, full:true
@nembit86 Is it true that you were involved with cryptoapex and that you received 50 million Xem? What were the results from this project? We have not seen anything from this. Someone just mentioned it on Bitcointalk. Why are you proposing a new project while the other one hasn't finished? And where did the 50 Million Xem go to? Can you show us where you spend it on?

Actually, **the only** xem that crypto apex project received that I remember, was this one, this is half of milestone #2:
http://chain.nem.ninja/#/multisig/b9e6079029ae2d257135730810e96607a0ad839385a5dd9241e9f933c039f3cc

There was no payout for milestone #1, as we didn't consider it fulfilled.

At that time, xem was ~350 sats, so that was barely 23btc, 450$ per btc gives us _TREMENDOUS_ amount of **$10k**.
And they actually were hitting milestone 3, and things were looking pretty good.

The fact that @nembit86 is posting, doesn't mean in any way he's involved in the project. Funding proposals are usually sent by community members.

So to summarize: get your facts straight and stop trolling.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
gimre
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 12:07:19 PM

Will they receive XEM for every reached milestone or will they receive the whole 15 million in one bunch?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0Z9jDGHPxPNmxYMkxIYkJYbFU/view

Generally, the entire award amount will not be given at once, but at pre-determined (by the core team) milestones.

NemusExMāchinā
gimre
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 12:09:58 PM

Right now we try to refrain from stating anything, as we don't want to influence community voting in any way.

NemusExMāchinā
samysamy1

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:25:01 PM

Right now we try to refrain from stating anything, as we don't want to influence community voting in any way.

We want insight from the dev team because they have more technical knowledge, but of course this is different than endorsing people behind the project itself.
samysamy1

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:34:55 PM

@gimre:  Well if we don't troll from time to time we will hardly attract the attention of the developers like you  Grin
jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:57:11 PM

Let me just quote what I've sent to forum, as I think you're the same troll:

Quote from: cryptosamy, post:20, topic:5176, full:true
@nembit86 Is it true that you were involved with cryptoapex and that you received 50 million Xem? What were the results from this project? We have not seen anything from this. Someone just mentioned it on Bitcointalk. Why are you proposing a new project while the other one hasn't finished? And where did the 50 Million Xem go to? Can you show us where you spend it on?

Actually, **the only** xem that crypto apex project received that I remember, was this one, this is half of milestone #2:
http://chain.nem.ninja/#/multisig/b9e6079029ae2d257135730810e96607a0ad839385a5dd9241e9f933c039f3cc

There was no payout for milestone #1, as we didn't consider it fulfilled.

At that time, xem was ~350 sats, so that was barely 23btc, 450$ per btc gives us _TREMENDOUS_ amount of **$10k**.
And they actually were hitting milestone 3, and things were looking pretty good.

The fact that @nembit86 is posting, doesn't mean in any way he's involved in the project. Funding proposals are usually sent by community members.

So to summarize: get your facts straight and stop trolling.

Your memory is correct that is all they received. It's easily deducible from looking at the official Final Development Contract (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TKTIakxUEotmTN4Et80EI7d-8XifgFZ4aBUGAukgLfY/edit#heading=h.xchkdqowarsb) and this blog post (https://blog.nem.io/update-sustainability-fund-final-redemption-numbers/).

As we can see the original amount in the Community Fund was 306,056,439.91 XEM and looking at the rich list(https://nemnodes.org/richlist/) we can see that there is 294,806,244.91 XEM left in the fund.

That is 11,250,406 XEM spent so far of which 5 million went to apostille so that leaves only the 6.25 million transaction you provided. + The 406 XEM i take went to the fees.

Guys you need to research before you panic about every single stupid rumor that gets thrown around in here. Remember EVERYTHING is documented in nem although i must say the documents could be somewhere where they would be a little easier to find.
sheepXcat_sk

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:19:26 PM

As Jyrvalor said in https://forum.nem.io/t/atraura-organisation-funding-proposal/5176/22
The Community fund has 294,806,244.91 XEM left from the original amount of 306,056,439.91 XEM Huh!!
Why are we saving so much? Are we expecting our grandchildren use the fund for development?

My opinion is that at least 30% should be already spent on some huge developments. Obviously most of the development is to be done at the start of the project right?

I would recommend to search for more developers and give out about 100M XEM in next 3 years.
Serious developments will popularize NEM and with further price spikes, the real value of the community fund will increase anyway.

Not saying we should overvalue the projects, just that we should wisely spend more.
nembit 86

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:32:48 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 01:45:59 PM by nembit 86

Just to be clear......  Crypto Apex is in the process of winding down.

We are obviously dissapointed we didnt meet our aims and especially dissapointed that we didn`t deliver for the community.

Im not going to go into all the reasons why we were not successful but with all these new projects , some will succeed and some will not.

On a brighter note, I believe that an exchange is still in the pipeline however as the NEM Foundation is looking into it to support the ecosystem
samysamy1

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:40:34 PM

We are obviously dissapointed we didnt meet our aims and especially dissapointed that we didn`t deliver for the community.

Im not going to go into all the reasons why we were not successful but with all these new projects , some will succeed and some will not.

The fair thing to do is to return all the Xem to the community fund.
I think it's better if the community fund turns into a interest-free loan. If you complete the project you get to keep the payments otherwise you'll return it. Undecided
So that people get discouraged to apply if they can't calculate in their chances of success.
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 01:47:16 PM

Just to be clear......  Crypto Apex is in the process of winding down.

I think that is still a decentralized market for Nem\Xem\Mijin need...
nembit 86

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:51:06 PM

The fair thing to do is to return all the Xem to the community fund.
I think it's better if the community fund turns into a interest-free loan. If you complete the project you get to keep the payments otherwise you'll return it. Undecided
So that people get discouraged to apply if they can't calculate in their chances of success.

Personally I invested 8 million XEM into Crypto Apex. I see above I was accused of being a hoarder...not a very good hoarder. Imagine if I had just not bothered and been a hoarder......
jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:10:29 PM

Just to be clear......  Crypto Apex is in the process of winding down.

Don't feel too bad, thats just the way things often go with start ups.

Just push forward, learn from your mistakes and start thinking of new ideas.

In the current world of crypto if we can get even a few great new nem related projects it's worth it to see it through a couple others that end up falling short.
Pages: « 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: