Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:26:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Totem22

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:05:53 AM

As I said I only bought NxT up as a point of comparison to your demand. It is a normal discussion technique. While all comparison I made about NxT's IPO, big holder holding percentage etc. are factual and reasonable, you vehemently defended NxT, accused me of lying. You did all of that with no regard to how these discussions relate to NEM. That's not sticking to the topic.

You made a factual statement that all Nxt developers hold 5% each. This was factual untrue. Only CfB was original stake holder and a developer (not 5% one). Jean Luc was an investor who became "developer" later. No other Nxt developer is a original stake holder and none of them hold 5% of Nxt

Show the quote? You are accusing me of writing something I did not again. This is not the first time you did that.

I went back and I see you actually said " JeanLuc and several Nxt whales holding 5% of Nxt each". I read  "whales" as "developers".

Sorry about that.

There are only 2 who hold 5% each (JC is not one of them unless he spilt his account), and no I don't have a problem with that, just as I don't have a problem with satoshi holding 10% of BTC. They invested 1 BTC  in an unknown IPO when such a thing wasn't common on BT forum  and got lucky it wasn't a scam and prices went up.

Let's move on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 01:40:03 AM

I have been on the sidelines for a while, just came back to catch up with NEM, so much has changed...

I requested my stake from patmast3r is he still distributing these?

I want to spread the word about NEM with a local Bitcoin club that I take part in. I am trying to figure out a way to get them interested.

He is still distributing them.

Taken from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650505

When there is a minimum of 100 requests, Patmast3r will officially issue the token and send them to your accounts. Asset Ticker and Issuer account will be announced later when the tokens are issued. Thanks.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:45:39 AM

+1 crackerhead

NEM to the stars.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:17:50 AM

Jaguar0625, I want to say I don't have any problem with 25% development stakes. You guys absolutely deserve it, and all the money raised during the IPO. Far more than UF for example.

I just don't to this to overboard with there are very large amount of unclaimed stakes.

You do raise a good point about how we should handle unclaimed stakes. We had assumed that the number would be much less than 25%, but we do need a contingency plan in case there are that money (or more). We're busy putting the finishing touches on the alpha, so it might take a few days before we come to a decision, but we are discussing it.

And I would seriously consider using the excess war chest, if any, for slow diffusion in marketing and promotion. And it would do good if we just concentrate on putting our efforts to it rather than bickering on some conjecture.

There is more than meets the eye when it comes to making our project successful. Marketing and Promotion is one big task among many. Besides, nobody in the core team is suggesting that the excess is going into their pockets.

I think we should just get on with making this a success and do the necessary as we cross the many bridges ahead.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:32:47 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 03:50:04 AM by TaunSew

I think it's an important conversation.  NEM could have this 2800 or 3000 stakeholders, but if only 2700 bother to claim their stakes then, in reality five months from now, people would only say it is 2700 initial stakeholders.

The number 2700 and 3000 is a insubstantial difference in distribution but a number of "3000" is better from an image point of review.  3000 is a nice round convenient number and the number "3" happens to be a lucky number in many cultures.  Having some obscure number like "2749" is off-putting and mechanical.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:51:22 AM

Hi,

I just read the announcement and I need this paragraph clarified:

At the same breath, we would like to advise that for those of you who are eligible for the NEM coins, please take care of your BTT accounts. Please do not spam, post addresses or expose your transaction TX-IDs such that your accounts get banned. Your account is key to your claim later.

What is meant by our BTT accounts? Is that Bitcointalk.org?

Thanks very much for the personal message containing this announcement.
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:52:42 AM

Hi,

I just read the announcement and I need this paragraph clarified:

At the same breath, we would like to advise that for those of you who are eligible for the NEM coins, please take care of your BTT accounts. Please do not spam, post addresses or expose your transaction TX-IDs such that your accounts get banned. Your account is key to your claim later.

What is meant by our BTT accounts? Is that Bitcointalk.org?

Thanks very much for the personal message containing this announcement.

Yes, that is referring to your Bitcointalk.org account.

NEM - nem.io
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 04:59:15 AM

Yep, BC next writes the code, and decides not to put in 1 + (5%) bitcoin in his creation, after making a claim that he would eat his hat if the coins wasn;t worth alot of money within 6 months Roll Eyes
how do we know that he doesn;t own 30 % +?Huh
we don't
this is at least transparent

How do you know Utopian doesn't own 1500 of 2800 stakes? Arguments without evidence are not arguments.  There is no evidence that BCNext put 1 BTC, but even if he did,so what? Everyone was free to put 1 BTC. There were no special rules for the developer. Everyone was free to use sock puppets (if there are any).  Everything was distributed equally to stakeholders who put BTC, with zero development stake, and IPO was open for 2 months. Everything was transparent as anyone can check original thread, and the nxt blockchain and the blochchain.info hashes to confirm everything.

some arguments don;t need evidence, if its logically so damn obvious

utopian owned 60 stakes i believe?? i think i read it somewhere

I never heard that UP had as many as 60 stakes. I DID hear that almost all of his stakes are now gone after the taint analysis.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:06:18 AM

There are three choices for "unclaimed coins ":

1. Distribute proportionally to all current stakeholders.

2. Destroy all the coin.

3. Form a community committee to manage the coins aka Nxt's committee style.

I am for 3. Nxt's committee has been very effective. Choice 3 gives an incentive for NEMsters to do good things for NEM.  Grin

Committee is the way to go if we want to increase the value of NEM and not just enrich original stakeholders. It is important to think about the future.

However, I don't think we will see even 100 unclaimed stakes afterwards. This isn't NXT. I don't see any need to compare ourselves to another coin.

After the alpha launch, we will try to reach a consensus as to what is best to do.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:41:56 AM

I know it is sometimes difficult to think in the round about these things, and that people quite rightly have a psychological aversion to 'destruction', but isn't option 1 (destruction) just a very simple and elegant way of implementing option 3 (distribution to all stakeholders)?

That's exactly how I see it.
I'm also leaning towards destroying them.
On the other hand I'm not entirely certain that a single NEM will become inevitably more valuable as it becomes more rare.
I've got a better idea purchase one of these for the Dev's to share

Makoto1337 is going to need it !

ALPHA T MINUS  6d -18hr 19m

I think all NEMbers will need one of these.

That green is really great, btw!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:44:06 AM

I think it's an important conversation.  NEM could have this 2800 or 3000 stakeholders, but if only 2700 bother to claim their stakes then, in reality five months from now, people would only say it is 2700 initial stakeholders.

The number 2700 and 3000 is a insubstantial difference in distribution but a number of "3000" is better from an image point of review.  3000 is a nice round convenient number and the number "3" happens to be a lucky number in many cultures.  Having some obscure number like "2749" is off-putting and mechanical.

I think 3000 is a nice number and we should try to achieve that if possible. A larger community will mean that NEM will grow much faster than other coins have in the past, too.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:46:48 AM

I would like to remind you that this is not a fight between NEM and Nxt so stop acting as such.

If you can help advance the discussion good, if not it would be probably better to refrain from making irrelevant comments.

NEM is about overcoming the OLD economy by building a NEW economy, based on:

- financial freedom
- decentralization
- equality of opportunity

We are fighting the corrupt political and banking systems of the world, not NXT. NXT is our ally, if anything.

Full disclosure: I own some NXT.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:50:09 AM

I have already asked 3 times the same questions in different threads with no clear answers of what is happening and this is not helping the average Joe to get on board... People always redirect me to other discussions of NEM (much appreciated by the way) but why no one is giving me a straight answer without redirect me to some other thread?

So I will ask again...

1. If a buy a NEM stake from NXT AE what exactly do I need to do to claim my NEM coins and get on the stakeholders list and by when?

2. I understand that buying a NEM stake from AE I am buying a token but it is actually now controlled by UF who might run away and basically end up with an asset with no value?

Thanks

NEMstakes are controlled by the core dev team now, so don't worry about UP.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:51:34 AM

I was surprised there are people who use Opera  Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:15:29 AM

people who are jealous that they are broke make up crazy claims about all sorts of coins. Im doing well for myself but i still spend part of the day thinking i should have bought a nem stake for my gf or that i should have invested more in crypt,dark,vrc when had a chance. Basically if your coin isn't getting copied and attacked by elmer FUD then you haven't succeeded. Im very happy that we have angry little men ranting about nem it means it is doing well!!! Grin
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:23:26 AM

I tend to call it chrompera... There are SO MUCH things I miss from old opera Sad

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
upekha

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:34:34 AM

back from a one week holiday .. seems like things have changed quite a bit Cheesy

NEM - New Economy Movement
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:06:07 AM

back from a one week holiday .. seems like things have changed quite a bit Cheesy

welcome back,everythink is better!

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:42:15 AM

I have already asked 3 times the same questions in different threads with no clear answers of what is happening and this is not helping the average Joe to get on board... People always redirect me to other discussions of NEM (much appreciated by the way) but why no one is giving me a straight answer without redirect me to some other thread?

So I will ask again...

1. If a buy a NEM stake from NXT AE what exactly do I need to do to claim my NEM coins and get on the stakeholders list and by when?

2. I understand that buying a NEM stake from AE I am buying a token but it is actually now controlled by UF who might run away and basically end up with an asset with no value?

Thanks

Hi!

Let's see.

1. If I understood correctly you won't be on the stakeholders list. You'd have a token which represents 1 (or any other amount) stake. 2 weeks after the official launch you will be able to claim this stake by sending it back to the account which created this asset and he'll send the correct amount to your NEM account.

2. Yes, you will be buying a placeholder token but no, this account isn't in possession of UF anymore. Pastmast3r has the account now.

I'm not sure that's how it'll work. I didn't get access to the issueing account the assets were merely transfered to an account under my controll.
So the assets will probably have to be sent back to ME not the issueing account.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:51:35 AM

from the article:

Given that the coin is almost an exact copy of its mother coin, Nxtcoin, its understandable that the public may be confused about its delayed launch and overall completion of development processes.

You failed hard coinssource. Try again.
Is there any good crypto-new-site that verifies what they write ? Stuff like this will stick in peoples minds forever.

Is CfA running that website?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: