Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:23:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:45:21 PM

a quick little Infographic:

NXT     NEM

guys, please, refrain from comparing NEM to NXT, we are FAR behind when it comes to features.

What we have is blockchain (we also have probably thread-related bug, that we're trying to nail before open alpha). It's really unhealthy.

NXT has working (first?)* PoS blockchain, most likely best AE currently and forage power leasing.

(* - I'm not counting Peercoin, as it is not pure PoS)

In my opinion both are worth to hold´em.  No need to make a decision between both. If you want to be sure you are in the Crypto winning team, hold both.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:49:24 PM

NXT     NEM

guys, please, refrain from comparing NEM to NXT, we are FAR behind when it comes to features.

What we have is blockchain (we also have probably thread-related bug, that we're trying to nail before open alpha). It's really unhealthy.

NXT has working (first?)* PoS blockchain, most likely best AE currently and forage power leasing.

Couldn't agree more, some NEM supporters are mistakenly against NXT for whatever reasons. NEM's in the early stages everybody!
upekha

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:56:29 PM

NXT     NEM

Couldn't agree more, some NEM supporters are mistakenly against NXT for whatever reasons.

for my part, Im not against NXT, I just think they have a distribution problem, that keeps getting worse..

NEM - New Economy Movement
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:09:03 PM

Here to all that people trading their stakes now.
That's how you shouldn't do it Smiley

*pic*

Hold them!
We haven't even reached the first stage, so far.

So true. I made this mistake so many times. Cheesy

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:16:10 PM

NXT     NEM

+1

I have tested NEM alpha and I love it a lot!  It is already better than basically any PoW coin.  That said, NXT is definitely farther ahead with many more features.  (For now)  Our NEM community is bigger and we are having a smoother start with a much better distribution!  We also generally have a better narrative.  The best way to keep our story good though, is to not go around bashing anybody, not NXT, not Bitcoin, not any coin.  In a year from now, I hope to honestly say that NEM has the most features and best community for all reasons.  Lets make it happen!

bug? 
I guess it is corrected as nobody is complaining / writing about it Smiley ?
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

bug? 

it's not corrected yet, we haven't nailed it. Nobody's complaining, as it's almost impossible to spot for users, we just know WHAT to look at.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:19:42 PM

bug? 

it's not corrected yet, we haven't nailed it. Nobody's complaining, as it's almost impossible to spot for users, we just know WHAT to look at.

Thanks for the info.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:20:42 PM

for my part, Im not against NXT, I just think they have a distribution problem, that keeps getting worse..

I don't think so. 2000 vs 100 stakeholders seems like a huge difference and I think NEM will profit from a big community but to be honest the distribution is barely better. People will always complain about unfair distribution. I mean what about the other 7 billion people in the world? Life is really unfair mimimimimi....
Also it has turned out that NXT actually benefits from its stakeholders. A few stakeholder with huge amounts of coins are donating more than thousands of investors with little amounts. What I fear about NEM launch is that many people cash out when price is high and in the end the distribution is as bad as in NXT, Bitcoin and others.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
ARGpentem

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:21:11 PM

...some NEM supporters are mistakenly against NXT for whatever reasons.

Make sure to always look both ways before you cross the street!   Wink

What does this mean ?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:24:51 PM

I don't think so. 2000 vs 100 stakeholders seems like a huge difference and I think NEM will profit from a big community but to be honest the distribution is barely better. People will always complain about unfair distribution. I mean what about the other 7 billion people in the world? Life is really unfair mimimimimi....
Also it has turned out that NXT actually benefits from its stakeholders. A few stakeholder with huge amounts of coins are donating more than thousands of investors with little amounts. What I fear about NEM launch is that many people cash out when price is high and in the end the distribution is as bad as in NXT, Bitcoin and others.

That's kind of inevitable. Rightly or wrongly a lot of people will have their price. There are those with deep pockets whose prices are a great deal higher who'll be happy to take their coinage off them.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:29:45 PM

If "everyone cashes out" when the price is high that means the coins will be distributed amongst all the buyers unless it's just one single whale who comes in and buys up ALL the coins (highly unlikely, especially if the prices are high). Having as many stakeholders as we do in NEM means that as we initial stakeholders begin to sell off some of our coins after launch to the general public, the coins will become much more widely and more fairly distributed amongst the populace than they ever possibly could from a small group of initial investors like NXT had. 2000 is 20 times greater than 100, that's not an irrelevant amount at all. The more people you have initially, the greater the chances are you are going to have more people selling their coins on the open market for a more even distribution. With only 100 investors, the likelihood of any of them selling very many is low as they hold out for higher and higher prices, and then when they dump it's going to fall extra hard. Having 20 times more initial investors makes us much less susceptible to such problems, but of course it could *always* be better as you say.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
ARGpentem

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:30:34 PM

It is naive to think about distribution in term of "fairness". Every single coin community except Bitcoin is built entirely by a group of hard-core supporters which often has less than 100 members. It is fair if they have the majority of the stakes. Having something for nothing does not seem "fair" to me. The problem with NXT distribution is the incentive mis-match because the 5% whales do not contribute much (relatively) to the development.

ARGpentem

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:40:31 PM

If "everyone cashes out" when the price is high that means the coins will be distributed amongst all the buyers unless it's just one single whale who comes in and buys up ALL the coins (highly unlikely, especially if the prices are high). Having as many stakeholders as we do in NEM means that as we initial stakeholders begin to sell off some of our coins after launch to the general public, the coins will become much more widely and more fairly distributed amongst the populace than they ever possibly could from a small group of initial investors like NXT had. 2000 is 20 times greater than 100, that's not an irrelevant amount at all. The more people you have initially, the greater the chances are you are going to have more people selling their coins on the open market for a more even distribution. With only 100 investors, the likelihood of any of them selling very many is low as they hold out for higher and higher prices, and then when they dump it's going to fall extra hard. Having 20 times more initial investors makes us much less susceptible to such problems, but of course it could *always* be better as you say.

It is expected that NEM should has a big volume upon launch and the ecosystem development will depend on how stakeholders are going to do with their holding. If they decide to hold and do something about it then NEM could have an excellent opportunity to develop the ecosystem very fast given the huge amount of initial stakeholders.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:46:16 PM

As for a distribution of 100 (typical alt is more like 20-50) vs distribution of 2000+.  It doesn't scale to world population (dumb rhetoric) but it shows that anybody could had got in.  The thing is if you have less than 50 they may as well be relatives / friends of the coin creator.  When you have 2000+ almost all will be strangers with no connection to each other.  That's just the point and why 2000 - 3000 is sufficient, anymore defeats the purpose

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
IsabellaA

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:46:44 PM

NEW keep moving!!! Grin Grin
T2 Ultra

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:46:51 PM

another alpha screenshot just because it looks so fine Wink

Man, waiting eagerly to get hands on the alpha test.

ARGpentem

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:48:23 PM

What does this mean ?
Self-explanatory.

Which street?

ARGpentem

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:52:27 PM

another alpha screenshot just because it looks so fine Wink

Man, waiting eagerly to get hands on the alpha test.

Address is a bit long. Nice UI but let me see if it is functional. Two more days.  

mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:01:14 PM

Shameless plug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYE3hOnsNv8  NEM alpha video
DF_

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

The Alpha screenshot looks great.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: