Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:44:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:22:59 AM

I never was notified about my stake. Except second hand that is. How do I claim it. I dont use bitcointalk much can you send me a pm on how to claim it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:27:17 AM

I don't know was that really good decision but NEMtoken in coinmarketcap, price seems decline step by step and alpha have not covienced markets :/

Any real Innovations or just similar client with NXT?

For an alpha software with limited functions running on a test net, and PoI not yet proven to be reliable, the price of NEM is too high as it is, so some price correction would be normal, perhaps even a significant one. After all, most people have already bought, those who believe in PoS, but the PoW crowd is hard to convince to invest into anything but PoW.

The only real innovation which has yet to prove it's not susceptible to Sybil attack is PoI. Other than that, perhaps a couple minor improvements in interface over NXT, which NXT can easily copy.

As of now. This is an alpha. POI is the first innovation. There's also the node reputationsystem that uses Eigentrust++.
Imho the client is nothing like NXTs but that's probably subjective.

There is no proof that POI is vulnderable to a sybill attack. It has been brought up several times but that's just because there is no whitepaper on POI yet so people don't know how it works and are making assumptions.

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:50:01 AM

As of now. This is an alpha. POI is the first innovation. There's also the node reputationsystem that uses Eigentrust++.

There is no proof that POI is vulnderable to a sybill attack. It has been brought up several times but that's just because there is no whitepaper on POI yet so people don't know how it works and are making assumptions.

There is no proof, correct. But you can't seriously expect attackers to try any attack until NEM is on the real blockchain with real money involved. Until NEM is on the real blockchain, we can't know for sure if it's vulnerable or not. The longer it is on the real blockchain, the more trust it gains among users and the more people invest.

I asked here how long NXT should run before it's considered as secure as Bitcoin. I hardly got any replies. Personally, I give it 1 year. 1 year on a real blockchain ensures the most obvious flaws have been taken care of.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:14:06 AM

There is no proof, correct. But you can't seriously expect attackers to try any attack until NEM is on the real blockchain with real money involved. Until NEM is on the real blockchain, we can't know for sure if it's vulnerable or not. The longer it is on the real blockchain, the more trust it gains among users and the more people invest.

I asked here how long NXT should run before it's considered as secure as Bitcoin. I hardly got any replies. Personally, I give it 1 year. 1 year on a real blockchain ensures the most obvious flaws have been taken care of.

I'd go so far as to say no coin can ever be considere 100% secure. Shit just happens. Maybe a vuln becomes possible through technological advance...we can never know.

sevenyears26

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:18:23 AM

I'm a woman and I'm involved. Maybe there are more of us around than you think.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you all kept the misogyny to a minimum.

Are you a feminist?

Yes, I am a feminist. And no, I'm not necessarily offended by any of your comments but I'm just saying if you want more women to come to a place like this, you can't treat it like a men's club and joke around about women like you would with your bros in private social situations. I get it, so it's not a big deal, but a lot of women will be turned off by it and that's why more women are not into computers and technology as it is. That's just how it is, but I don't think you can blame them for feeling uncomfortable in a highly male-dominated environment especially with the misogynistic banter that comes along with it.

Anyway, I personally don't care so I don't want to take any type of discussion away from NEM to talk about ridiculous gender issues because it's a waste of everyone's time. I just wanted to try and let you know what we could do as a community to make this place more welcoming to women instead of pushing them away like many other male-dominated online communities. Of course, I also could have no idea what I'm talking about so take my opinions with a grain of salt lol.

A person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women: Oxford dictionary description for a misogynist.  Now, in a light hearted chat about how to introduce more women to the movement where common conceptions/misconceptions were discussed who were the misogynists?

It's this kinda crap she's talking about...

As far as i see, most or all of thread members are male.
I hope you know, that currency (also digital ones) only can succeed if there are enough women to spend it.

Devs and community should work on this item. Smiley
The best comment on this thread.....it's them that spend the money usually..lol....it's women that could kick start this thing given the chance!!!!!
And it tends to be men noodling around on the internet populating weird techy subcultures. That's just how it is for whatever reason.
That could make a big difference if there was a female action group or something.....are there any females out there?....show yourselves....lol..

Most of us are fat asses behind the computer  Grin

Why some girls would be here trying to find their loved one (money  Smiley)??

Cool

Agreed - looking for fat assed nerds is no reason to join NEM - but if NEM gets an Asset Exchange for the boys and a Shoe Exchange for the girls, what will happen?

Maybe she used a harsh or incorrect term to describe this but I know what she means and she's right. You should drop it and move on.

Nem Beta: TAQJE7-B37VGQ-HX7JBK-LTBAG7-D7BZUJ-YTO4IP-LLEF
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:41:39 AM

Let's go back to normality:

Keep on voting for NEM guys!!!

https://hitbtc.com/vote

it seems that nfd community is bigger then our HuhHuhHuh...just check it and you will be in confusion like me...

oldisoft

Activity: 854

https://iota.org/

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:47:17 AM

Just funny thing :  in NCC you can find HARVERSTING , but in the dos window you can see  org.nem. .foraging  Grin
it doesn't matter at all, but just in case  Wink

nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:50:09 AM

Are you a feminist?

Yes, I am a feminist. And no, I'm not necessarily offended by any of your comments but I'm just saying if you want more women to come to a place like this, you can't treat it like a men's club and joke around about women like you would with your bros in private social situations. I get it, so it's not a big deal, but a lot of women will be turned off by it and that's why more women are not into computers and technology as it is. That's just how it is, but I don't think you can blame them for feeling uncomfortable in a highly male-dominated environment especially with the misogynistic banter that comes along with it.

Anyway, I personally don't care so I don't want to take any type of discussion away from NEM to talk about ridiculous gender issues because it's a waste of everyone's time. I just wanted to try and let you know what we could do as a community to make this place more welcoming to women instead of pushing them away like many other male-dominated online communities. Of course, I also could have no idea what I'm talking about so take my opinions with a grain of salt lol.

A person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women: Oxford dictionary description for a misogynist.  Now, in a light hearted chat about how to introduce more women to the movement where common conceptions/misconceptions were discussed who were the misogynists?

I hope you know, that currency (also digital ones) only can succeed if there are enough women to spend it.

The best comment on this thread.....it's them that spend the money usually..lol....it's women that could kick start this thing given the chance!!!!!
And it tends to be men noodling around on the internet populating weird techy subcultures. That's just how it is for whatever reason.
That could make a big difference if there was a female action group or something.....are there any females out there?....show yourselves....lol..

Cool

Agreed - looking for fat assed nerds is no reason to join NEM - but if NEM gets an Asset Exchange for the boys and a Shoe Exchange for the girls, what will happen?

Maybe she used a harsh or incorrect term to describe this but I know what she means and she's right. You should drop it and move on.

Exactly, she used a harsh and incorrect term to describe this. Ok , according to you this was crap.
But the subject of too few women in the movement I think is valid.
Should we move on from every serious issue?

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:54:43 AM

I don't know was that really good decision but NEMtoken in coinmarketcap, price seems decline step by step and alpha have not covienced markets :/

Any real Innovations or just similar client with NXT?

For an alpha software with limited functions running on a test net, and PoI not yet proven to be reliable, the price of NEM is too high as it is, so some price correction would be normal, perhaps even a significant one. After all, most people have already bought, those who believe in PoS, but the PoW crowd is hard to convince to invest into anything but PoW.

The only real innovation which has yet to prove it's not susceptible to Sybil attack is PoI. Other than that, perhaps a couple minor improvements in interface over NXT, which NXT can easily copy.

Thanks pat. I didnt meant to be rude and tried to just mention if someone just Watch those pics in this topic, that Person could be mislead to think its like NXT.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:01:06 AM

I'd go so far as to say no coin can ever be considere 100% secure. Shit just happens. Maybe a vuln becomes possible through technological advance...we can never know.

That make me think that this could happen any day soon and we wouldn't even be aware
or it. We all know that a quantum computers are being in development but we don't know
from the "free media"  if there is any already in existence Wink

Therefore US or any other government could be in possession of such technology
before anybody else and could use it to destroy the crypt currencies if they becomes of a burden
to them.

It would be similar like today in BTC mining where a company that makes ASIC and other mining
hardware mines BTC with that hardware for few months and then they sell to others
this "newest technology" hardware so that they can mine further while they will have
and will keep the real newest technology for themself for a few months just enough to have advantage
over anybody else Wink

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:40:06 AM

Voting has been opened for the style and layout of the NEM forum:

What kind of outlook would you like NEM forum to have in the future?

http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2247.0

Make sure you check in and express your opinions.
sevenyears26

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:25:53 AM

Are you a feminist?

Cool

Exactly, she used a harsh and incorrect term to describe this. Ok , according to you this was crap.

I don't think you understood me... What I was referring to as "crap" was stupid comments like  "if NEM gets an Asset Exchange for the boys and a Shoe Exchange for the girls, what will happen?"

The subject of bringing more women to the women is valid and important. But comments like that have no place here. I was agreeing that the use of the term "misogynist" was probably out of line, but also saying that I know where amytheplanarshift is coming from and agree with her there. We need to make this community welcoming to women and that is not how its done.  Smiley

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:36:25 AM

Guys if you want to continue discussion above about women/men in crypto, please move it somewhere to http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php

It's definitely more appropriate place, than this thread.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:38:33 AM

Are you a feminist?

A person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women: Oxford dictionary description for a misogynist.  Now, in a light hearted chat about how to introduce more women to the movement where common conceptions/misconceptions were discussed who were the misogynists?

Why some girls would be here trying to find their loved one (money  Smiley)??

Cool

I don't think you understood me... What I was referring to as "crap" was stupid comments like  "if NEM gets an Asset Exchange for the boys and a Shoe Exchange for the girls, what will happen?"

The subject of bringing more women to the women is valid and important. But comments like that have no place here. I was agreeing that the use of the term "misogynist" was probably out of line, but also saying that I know where amytheplanarshift is coming from and agree with her there. We need to make this community welcoming to women and that is not how its done.  Smiley

How do we go about making it welcoming to women?

This is where i have a problem.

Thing is, women arn't from Venus. Any woman with a head on their shoulders knows NEM, or any crypto, is likely a very good idea. I see absolutely no reason why gender should even be a part of the equation. All it serves is to unnecessarily divide people by focusing on their differences. It just so happens right now, there's perhaps more men then there are women - this is not a fault of ours.

Gender wasn't even an issue for me till i saw the discussion earlier. As far as i'm concerned any number of the users on here could be male or female; neither of which makes the slightest ounce of difference to me, because it's not important.
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Are you a feminist?

Cool

I don't think you understood me... What I was referring to as "crap" was stupid comments like  "if NEM gets an Asset Exchange for the boys and a Shoe Exchange for the girls, what will happen?"

The subject of bringing more women to the women is valid and important. But comments like that have no place here. I was agreeing that the use of the term "misogynist" was probably out of line, but also saying that I know where amytheplanarshift is coming from and agree with her there. We need to make this community welcoming to women and that is not how its done.  Smiley

I think he was meaning about having the opportunity to 'shop' on an asset exchange and in my experience ,especially for clothing , women tend to shop more than guys but yes ,that could change.
I was asking out loud for suggestions on how to increase female numbers to the movement..a bit of ' brainstorming'perhaps?
Can I just say that in my experience, projects with women involved have been better largely due to increased communication but that's a personal opinion.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:52:06 AM

Totally agree with thingymajig. There's no need to create a device. Everyone here should be judged by the quality of their posts and by nothing else. Gender should never be taken into the the equation under any circumstances imo.

Idea matters most. Then quantity of posts matter second  Grin. we will exist in the computer form in the future.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:58:32 AM

Are you a feminist?

Cool

I think he was meaning about having the opportunity to 'shop' on an asset exchange and in my experience ,especially for clothing , women tend to shop more than guys but yes ,that could change.
I was asking out loud for suggestions on how to increase female numbers to the movement..a bit of ' brainstorming'perhaps?
Can I just say that in my experience, projects with women involved have been better largely due to increased communication but that's a personal opinion.

See, this is the problem i have.

Most women don't want nor need to be stereotyped. Not all women like pretty pink dresses, or shoes, or shopping.

This whole discussion is unnecessary. Some women -- just like some men -- may have a presence here on this forum thread, others may not. There's no reason to make an issue of something when there really isn't one to begin with.

In fact, whats more important, is that the NEM project remains unbiased or indifferent to either gender in it's style and appeal - just as most crypto's do (Unless it's Wankcoin Wink) This way it keeps it's potential appeal much broader and doesn't create confusion with it's image by tailoring it to different genders, which i'd bet would just simply turn people away from it.

Overall, just avoid the mess, keep NEM neutral, and march on.

Guys if you want to continue discussion above about women/men in crypto, please move it somewhere to http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php

It's definitely more appropriate place, than this thread.

This.
sevenyears26

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:05:52 PM

Very well . Carry on Smiley

ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:10:57 PM

Is there a new build for NIS and NCC yet ?

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:18:17 PM

I have alraedy harvested 3 blocks and always got 0 NEM for it. Is this normal?
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: