Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:13:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:31:31 AM

The recasting feature of NTX coin seems very interesting. NTX is a Chinese branch of NXT.

RECASTING Feature: Prevents the inflation of the block chains and makes the anonymity of the coin untraceable.  Recycle some lost forever coins after a few                     rounds of recasting.

Will NEM include such features? If not, is it possible to add RECASTING feature to NEM?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yidian

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:23:07 AM

The recasting feature of NTX coin seems very interesting. NTX is a Chinese branch of NXT.

RECASTING Feature: Prevents the inflation of the block chains and makes the anonymity of the coin untraceable.  Recycle some lost forever coins after a few                     rounds of recasting.

Will NEM include such features? If not, is it possible to add RECASTING feature to NEM?

I think it is a good feature which will definitely benefit NEM. Devs should consider to add this feature to NEM.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 08:08:46 AM

I think it is a good feature which will definitely benefit NEM. Devs should consider to add this feature to NEM.

from irc:

00:13 <@gimre> TruthTaco_: can't tell, english paper sound like auto-translation and doesn't make much sense
00:19 <@gimre> TruthTaco_: I'm wondering how they want to ensure anonymity, there's almost nothing about that
00:27 < Hap_> Anonymity is a fad.  Darkcoin isn't going up from use but rather people speculating on the preceived 'value' of
              anonymity.  I don't think the logic is particularly sound.  Almost nobody uses TOR or other anonymity measures.
              It's a very niche thing.
00:28 < Hap_> Great for pedophiles and drug dealers but that isn't the current crypto user or future user.
00:29 < Hap_> Nor is it proprietary.  If anonymity proves to be that important then everyone, even Doge, will rip it.
00:29 < Hap_> It's an one trick pony when coins specialize in anonymity.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:57:13 AM

Can people still buy NEM at the AE of NXT or not?

I'm confused after the scam.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:01:05 AM

Yes. There is absolutely no reason not to buy them. There is actually good reason to buy them since they are so cheap now than NXT price is lower as well Smiley

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:11:25 AM

from irc:

00:13 <@gimre> TruthTaco_: can't tell, english paper sound like auto-translation and doesn't make much sense
00:19 <@gimre> TruthTaco_: I'm wondering how they want to ensure anonymity, there's almost nothing about that
00:27 < Hap_> Anonymity is a fad.  Darkcoin isn't going up from use but rather people speculating on the preceived 'value' of
              anonymity.  I don't think the logic is particularly sound.  Almost nobody uses TOR or other anonymity measures.
              It's a very niche thing.
00:28 < Hap_> Great for pedophiles and drug dealers but that isn't the current crypto user or future user.
00:29 < Hap_> Nor is it proprietary.  If anonymity proves to be that important then everyone, even Doge, will rip it.

Yes, I agree. Anonymity is for criminals and pedophiles of all kinds!
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:20:36 AM

from irc:

It's a very niche thing.

Right. It's not like people have to stay anonymous because they live in a country where free speech would otherwise be impossible.
Nothing like that on this wonderfull earth Roll Eyes

Shivalein

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:27:22 AM

Anonymity is a great feature but it is unbelievable risky. Is this coin goes mainstream, then a lot of people, journalists and governments will have an eye to. That could be a big threat to NEM.

We have nothing to hide, and we want a coin for everyone. Please don´t push this forward just because the anoncoins are hyped at the moment.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:00:31 AM

Anonymity is a great feature but it is unbelievable risky. Is this coin goes mainstream, then a lot of people, journalists and governments will have an eye to. That could be a big threat to NEM.

We have nothing to hide, and we want a coin for everyone. Please don´t push this forward just because the anoncoins are hyped at the moment.

An important way to get mainstream approval is to be indifferent about anonymity. What is most important now is to make NEM, easy to use and easily accessible by all.

It should not be complicated and should be easily picked up by one who only knows how to use the computer to read and write emails.

The wallet being "web-based" is a good start.
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:48:45 AM

I would love to have a sneak peak at coinmarketcap in say  Huh 5 years or so  Cheesy

Here you go:

1. NEM
2. Nxt
3. BTC

Wink

Love it.....lol....

It's not the ranking that interests me the most, rather the capitalisation  Wink
I guess cryptocoins should be mainstream in 5 years, so capitalisation will increase incredibly.

pgb

Activity: 212

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:49:55 PM

from irc:

It's a very niche thing.

Criminals do not need crypto anonymity, they have BoA, HSBC, GS and others to deal with that. Is not like there were no criminals until bitcoin arrived!! i.e. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/hsbc-judge-approves-1-9b-drug-money-laundering-accord.html

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:02:10 PM

from irc:

It's a very niche thing.
00:29 < Hap_> It's an one trick pony when coins specialize in anonymity.  ---? agree witth his

Yes, I agree. Anonymity is for criminals and pedophiles of all kinds! ---> hugely biased point of view.

Criminals do not need crypto anonymity, they have BoA, HSBC, GS and others to deal with that. Is not like there were no criminals until bitcoin arrived!! i.e. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/hsbc-judge-approves-1-9b-drug-money-laundering-accord.html

+1 on this but we could just relax and wait until the coin is out first. The anonymity discussion is unnecessary at this point.  I think NEM is positioned to be a multi-service 2.0 gen. crypto so an anonymity service could be built on top of the blockchain and that would be a more flexible approach.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 01:17:03 PM

I don't see a need to rush an anon function. As others have said it's especially hyped right now. Also, it's not even being done right. There are like five different approaches and many are proving to cause a lot of friction and bloat and not actually even be really anonymous.

Right now everything is an experiment in anon. NEM is already doing a very neat experiment in PoI and distribution.

In the future lots of PoI coins will have added anon. At that time NEM can add the feature "IF" the community wants it and it is being perceived as useful.

I use to think like others that anon is for serious criminals and in many ways it is. But I think in the future it's going to be for everyone.

Why? Imagine a day when insurance companies are aligned with credit card companies, they see not only which fast food testuarants you eat at but if you double size or not, and charge you extra if you do.

Imagine a day when a giant search engine/shopping portal tracks your every purchase building algorithms knowing what time of day you buy things and if your a more careful shopper in the morning or night, it also looks to see which genres of products you spend more time researching and comparing prices about, and then based on its algorithm will raise or lower prices against you manipulating you to get more money for them.

Wait!!!! Things like this are already happening and worse just around the corner. In a digital age people are mapping us to manipulate us. Some anon money will help us take the power back.

Again, I'm in no rush. Nobody is even doing anon correctly yet. Let's wait and see what happens with the whole scene and then later on reevaluate. It'll be much easier and give a better product in the long run.

MingZhou

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:57:16 PM

Forget the advanced features at this moment. Make a simple and solid one and make the consensus mechanism work very well first.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:03:11 PM

NEM is overvalued right now due to all the hype. Let the prices drop a little more. There is NO REASON for this coin to be around 400 satoshi before it is even public. Consider even waiting for the release, there could be a big dump/dip just after the release of the stakes and then we could get on for some more profit.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:11:33 PM

NEM is overvalued right now due to all the hype. Let the prices drop a little more. There is NO REASON for this coin to be around 400 satoshi before it is even public. Consider even waiting for the release, there could be a big dump/dip just after the release of the stakes and then we could get on for some more profit.

thanks for your deep technical analysis  Roll Eyes

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:12:43 PM

You are quite welcome!  Grin See you on the moon.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:25:54 PM

You are quite welcome!  Grin See you on the moon.

sounds to me like someone is still trying to get in. Wink

im willing to place a bet with you that the price of 1 stake doesnt fall bellow 20k between now and launch?

odds are 2:1 to my favor as it is only 2 thousand away from 20k. so i put up one nem stake you put two? if it falls below 20k nxt at any stage between now and launch. you win. if not i win. escrow releases funds to winner. thats a good bet if you are so sure that nem is overvalued due to hype.

NEM pre-launch are for connoisseurs  Grin Cool

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:27:39 PM

+1

As a stakeholder I also think that the price is pretty high. I mean that's good but I wouldn't be surprised if the price fell to 13k again or so.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:42:14 PM

+1

As a stakeholder I also think that the price is pretty high. I mean that's good but I wouldn't be surprised if the price fell to 13k again or so.

I've already said it once, but as of now, I think more proper price would be around 15k.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: