Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:23:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash Control 1.1.1 - Auto profit switching control for NiceHash servic  (Read 29974 times)
griffga

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:50:38 AM

Great software and a good addition to the Nicehash set of tools. One thing with multi-algo mining: do you think you guys might put up some sample intensity and thread concurrency settings for all of the popular video cards? This would really help new users get up and running without having to spend hours configuring and testing.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ghotiphry

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:22:50 PM

I may have to put a base URL parameter in to allow users to select which site to go to.  Haven't decided yet.  If this turns into too much of a debacle I may start looking at other options for mining instead.

maybe just do a bit like bfgminer does. Lose the fixed binding "slot to coin" and add a parameter for name and provider to the config. e.g.

Code:
		{ "slot":0, "provider":"nicehash:0", "name":"Scrypt", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c MINERS.bat scrypt _ADDRESS_" },
{ "slot":1, "provider":"westhash:0", "name":"Scrypt, too", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c MINERS_w.bat scrypt _ADDRESS_" },
{ "slot":2, "provider":"fixprice:0.68965", "name":"Scrypt, three", "hashrate":350, "power":50, "folder":"", "command":"cmd.exe", "arguments":"/c mypool.cmd" },

With time you could add more providers.

That's actually along the lines of what I was thinking for my "version 2" which will support TradeMyBit.  Still, I'll have to wire in more support for getting pay rates to monitor both (or all three) NiceHash sites.

This would be freaking awesome, keep up the great dev
I could see where that could cause almost a total rewrite of the JSON profit retrieval stuff.  You'd want it configurable to pull profit data for different coins/algos for different sites to differnt slots.  Could be messy.
anon42

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:58:14 AM

You'd want it configurable to pull profit data for different coins/algos for different sites to differnt slots.  Could be messy.

Could be. But luckily modern programming languages make that easy. Some OO pseudo code:

Code:
before parsing:
  nicehash_parent = nil
  westhash_parent = nil
=> These are the object to do the actual pulling work. We don't yet know if we need them.

while parsing:
  if cfg.currentslot.provider <startswith> 'nicehash'
    if nicehash_parent == nil
      nicehash_parent = new nicehash_main()
    slot[cfg.currentslot.slotnumber] = new nicehash_accesss(nicehash_parent, afterthecolon(cfg.currentslot.provider))

done

DrSnAzZy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

I have a few questions. I just setup my Nicehash Control yesterday on 3 computers that are mining.

PC #1 Is my Dedicated 6 750ti card mining rig (MSI cards)

PC#2 has 3 evga 750 ti's on it

and pc #3 has 2 750 ti's (MSI)

I currently have it setup like this :

All the configs for the computers are exactly the same. For example My total x11 hash rate is roughly 26mhs - 27 mhs. I have all the configs with "26000" in the X11 hash rate field, and so on for the other algos according to my hash rate.

They are all pointed to Multiminingrigrent.com as i like that website because i can remotely control where the rigs are pointed from there by changing 1 address rather than changing each rig (if i wanted to go off westhash pool.) They are all pointed at the according west hash stratum. Im set up for NIST5, x15, x11, and x13.

My question is should i have all the rigs hash rates PER rig individually in the config? My mining rig does roughly 15.5 mh/s , should that be the number in the config file? or am i correct by putting my total hash rate including all my Pc's running as the rate used for calculation in the config file. Smiley just trying to get the best profit.

1 more question, is the POWER field per card? or for the whole rig/mining operation?

Vootcoin!
Travis9x

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:47:06 PM

I would just like to give huge thanks to StuffOfInterest for such an incredibly useful multi-algo mining tool!  My only suggestion would be something that has already been suggested, which is the support for multiple multi-algo pools (such as WestHash, YAAMP, TradeMyBit, etc).  I know this is already planned (possibly) for ver 2.0, but I just wanted to throw in my support for this and further development.  I chipped in some mBTC to show that support.   Smiley

Also, to answer DrSnazzy -
I have a few questions. I just setup my Nicehash Control yesterday on 3 computers that are mining.

PC #1 Is my Dedicated 6 750ti card mining rig (MSI cards)

PC#2 has 3 evga 750 ti's on it

and pc #3 has 2 750 ti's (MSI)

I currently have it setup like this :

All the configs for the computers are exactly the same. For example My total x11 hash rate is roughly 26mhs - 27 mhs. I have all the configs with "26000" in the X11 hash rate field, and so on for the other algos according to my hash rate.

They are all pointed to Multiminingrigrent.com as i like that website because i can remotely control where the rigs are pointed from there by changing 1 address rather than changing each rig (if i wanted to go off westhash pool.) They are all pointed at the according west hash stratum. Im set up for NIST5, x15, x11, and x13.

My question is should i have all the rigs hash rates PER rig individually in the config? My mining rig does roughly 15.5 mh/s , should that be the number in the config file? or am i correct by putting my total hash rate including all my Pc's running as the rate used for calculation in the config file. Smiley just trying to get the best profit.

1 more question, is the POWER field per card? or for the whole rig/mining operation?
My opinion is that you should have each rig configured for its own hashpower output and power consumption.  I believe NHC is set up to be configured this way, as a per-rig basis.
So in detail:  yes, input each rig's own hashrate into each separate config file.  Similarly, input each rig's own power consumption into each separate config file.  You want every config file and every NHC monitor/control panel to show true statistics for the rig that it is running on.  Otherwise, you may end up with false profitability rates.

StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:08:06 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

NiceHash Control is Dead!

Long live MinerControl!

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
Akiam

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

Tell something about it, please Smiley
StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:30:19 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Long live MinerControl! <=====

Just follow the link.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
Akiam

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:46:44 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Long live MinerControl! <=====

Just follow the link.
I didnt read it, Thanks!
bugger

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:40:43 AM

NiceHash was hacked on 06.12.2017 it's dangerous to work with them
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:46:03 PM

Absolutely agree with above post. Nicehash will NEVER see me again. Bloody thieves!
yuvuke

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:06:56 PM

Absolutely agree with above post. Nicehash will NEVER see me again. Bloody thieves!
I read that NH began to underestimate the hashrate greatly for the asic miner, so I would advise an alternative Minergate pool
bugger

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:06:17 PM

I read that NH began to underestimate the hashrate greatly for the asic miner, so I would advise an alternative Minergate pool
the profit from mining via asic s9 fell two times, it is discussed constantly
Bigdrago

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:51:06 PM

Keep getting socket was closed remotely (by pool)
ETG: Connection lost, retry in 20 sec...
Socket was closed remotely (by pool)
DCR: Connection lost, retry in 20 sex...

And if I wait the window close and it starts mine again...with the same errors...

What is doing this?
I hadnt this issue when mining with 1 gpu. I have now connected 13 amd radeon 570 gpu.
(I get the same errors when only mining with 7 gpu)
Bigdrago

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:51:24 PM

Whats the point of NH?
There is only one coin that is most profitable. Why mine equihash when the value is much lower? Check out whattomine.com

I mine directly with claymore straight to nh wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: