Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:42:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash Control 1.1.1 - Auto profit switching control for NiceHash servic  (Read 29974 times)
StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:58:35 PM

Fun fact.

Just closing in on one month of mining full time on NiceHash.  I've been using 2 x GTX 750 Ti with part time help from a GTX 650 Ti BOOST in another computer.  For three weeks I've been auto-switching using NiceHash Control.  In that time I've made about 0.08BTC or $50 equivalent.  Not a lot, but if the rates hold up at all then the cards should at least pay for themselves eventually.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ltc_bilic

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:47:26 PM

There appears to be a bug: it happened that the NHC was "working" visually as it should but the miner died for some reason, and NHC continued "working",... i've caught it only once because I've noticed sudden hash drop and went to manually inspect every miner

Any debug options so I can help to hunt it down?
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:51:30 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 12:18:20 AM by StuffOfInterest

There appears to be a bug: it happened that the NHC was "working" visually as it should but the miner died for some reason, and NHC continued "working",... i've caught it only once because I've noticed sudden hash drop and went to manually inspect every miner

Any debug options so I can help to hunt it down?

Unfortunately, without Visual Studio connected to the app when this occurs it will be hard to track.

Each minute, after updating prices, I check that the process has not gone into a "HasExited" state.   If it has, then I restart the miner.  When your miner crashed, did it exit out or was it sitting at some sort of error display?  If the miner window went away completely then it should have restarted on the next minute.

Any info on the state things were in will be helpful.

One workaround I can think of adding is a max time to mine.  Set a time of one or two hours after which the miner will be killed and restarted, same as if there was an algo switch.  If the miner is hung then this should get it back in a running state.  When I get the time based event code in I'll make that one more feature to include.

I really wish NiceHash would implement a worker ID (appended on the address) so you could see what each miner is doing from the NiceHash website.  I've had a similar problem (before using NHC) on my second machine which I don't look at very often.  Unfortunately, its hash rate is low enough to be lost in the noise of the main machine.

Question.  Are all of your machines on the same network?  I'm thinking about trying to create a monitor app that could get redirected output from all mining rigs on one network.  Will probably use multicast for simplicity, which means it would not cross a router.  Just curious if there is any demand for something like this.

PS: Dang flicker!  I really need to get the minimum time hooks in. I'm bouncing between X11 and X13 again tonight.  Spent one whole minute on X13 before switching back.

Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
basilisk

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:01:33 AM

Is possible mix the NiceHash Control with this Mod by aznboy84? excellent for some extra hashrate. Thank
ltc_bilic

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:01:03 AM

Is possible mix the NiceHash Control with this Mod by aznboy84? excellent for some extra hashrate. Thank

You can use it with NHC, but it won't do you any good because it relies on new algorithm that is not supported by NiceHash yet.
Zels

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:42:14 PM

Nice tool Smiley

2 things you can try to add:

1) Possibility to set a failover pool not related to nicehash in case nicehash is down, or point 2) not meet
2) Set our minimum price at wich one we want to mine to nicehash to each algo with p=x.xx and if all price lower than our, mine to the failover Smiley
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:22:18 PM

Nice tool Smiley

2 things you can try to add:

1) Possibility to set a failover pool not related to nicehash in case nicehash is down, or point 2) not meet
2) Set our minimum price at wich one we want to mine to nicehash to each algo with p=x.xx and if all price lower than our, mine to the failover Smiley

Definitely interesting ideas.  Item 2 is fairly easy to implement but item 1 could be more difficult as I don't have a way of detecting if the pool is down.  If the miner is configured to exit if the pool is not available then how do I determine if it failed because of the pool being down or because of a problem with the miner?  Also, what condition do we use to switch back. 

Currently, NHC doesn't talk to the stratum at all, just launches miners and makes sure they keep running.

ltc_bilic

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:39:46 PM

Perhaps it would be worth investigating how to check the GPU load. If you have that info then "backup pools" are piece of cake. Some knowledge of CUDA or better DirectX are needed. If used with DirectX it can be used on any sort of miner.
Zels

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:43:40 PM

Something like that can't work?
Try 10x, then move to next line and if pool goes down while mining, he try the next line, and loop.

Bad thing is we can't go back to main pool if he's coming back online, only way is to kill process and restart like every hours

But will need to set a failover for each algo when mining with nvidia Smiley

:loop
ccminer -r 10 -R 30 --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336 -u btc-add -p d=0.04
ccminer -r 10 -R 30 --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://yourfailover -u user.worker -p workerpass
goto loop

Hope a day cudaminer/ccminer will buil failover inside miner like cgminer/sgminer have Smiley
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:13:53 PM

Perhaps it would be worth investigating how to check the GPU load. If you have that info then "backup pools" are piece of cake. Some knowledge of CUDA or better DirectX are needed. If used with DirectX it can be used on any sort of miner.

I've been looking around for a managed code library which can access the NVIDIA API.  I think I may have found one but I haven't had time to play with it yet.  If I could use that to see if the GPU is under load that would be one way to see that the miner is sitting idle.

ltc_bilic

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:27:46 PM

Didn't noticed that you've answered on my question. Yes I'm running on same subnet.

It happened only once, and I couldn't see the miner's situation, because it was minimized Wink but there was no ccminer process running, so had to launch it manually.

It appears that nicehash implemented the workers names, like you've requested Wink

"Providers: You can name your rigs. Append . (dot) and up to seven alphanumeric characters to Bitcoin address."
basilisk

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:02:32 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 04:26:06 PM by basilisk

Hi my guys, I'm having problems. Yesterday I connected a new card (one xfx 280x, I have installed 2xGigabyte 280x), at the beginning everything was working fine, but when the change to x11 to x15 appears this:

I use trixx with this configuration. gpu 1060, memory 1500, v1.275 in the xfx and the two gigabyte gpu 1060, memory 1500, v1.094. The temperatures is normal.

I have not changed anything in the NiceHash Control.

It is a error of my cards or the server of nicehash?

thanks
int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:43:11 PM

Thanks for your continued work on this, love the utility! Just a minor note regarding UI conventions, the tabindex is a bit out of order on the buttons. Obviously, nothing that's a major issue just figured you'd want to know Smiley
int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:45:43 PM

Question.  Are all of your machines on the same network?  I'm thinking about trying to create a monitor app that could get redirected output from all mining rigs on one network.  Will probably use multicast for simplicity, which means it would not cross a router.  Just curious if there is any demand for something like this.

PS: Dang flicker!  I really need to get the minimum time hooks in. I'm bouncing between X11 and X13 again tonight.  Spent one whole minute on X13 before switching back.

I'd be very interested in a monitoring app that is networked! Please do Smiley

Also, yeah the bouncing back and forth between algos seems to happen too frequently.
StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:46:07 PM

Thanks for your continued work on this, love the utility! Just a minor note regarding UI conventions, the tabindex is a bit out of order on the buttons. Obviously, nothing that's a major issue just figured you'd want to know Smiley

I cleaned up the order once but it probably got out of order again when I added the newer algorithms.  Thanks for bringing it up.

StuffOfInterest (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:47:42 PM

Hi my guys, I'm having problems. Yesterday I connected a new card (one xfx 280x, I have installed 2xGigabyte 280x), at the beginning everything was working fine, but when the change to x11 to x15 appears this:

I use trixx with this configuration. gpu 1060, memory 1500, v1.275 in the xfx and the two gigabyte gpu 1060, memory 1500, v1.094. The temperatures is normal.

thanks

NiceHash has been having issues today with DDOS attacks making it hard to connect.  It wouldn't surprise me if you had trouble getting a connection to work right after a switch.  I was offline for around an hour this morning (as were many other people) due to an attack.

basilisk

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:37:10 AM

thanks

NiceHash has been having issues today with DDOS attacks making it hard to connect.  It wouldn't surprise me if you had trouble getting a connection to work right after a switch.  I was offline for around an hour this morning (as were many other people) due to an attack.

Thanks for you response. I was crazy thinking it was my cards, for a bad combination (for different brand).
Arachnid

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:39:57 AM

This tool is great! Getting a better hashrate than ever with the version that I downloaded from cryptomining blog http://cryptomining-blog.com/3013-nicehash-control-tool-with-amd-radeon-280x-support/

Of course you'll want to update the Control tool to 1.0.4. Actually making a small amount of money now at nicehash. Up 'til now, this was just an expensive hobby! Thanks!
ltc_bilic

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:01:36 PM

http://cryptomining-blog.com/3073-nicehash-control-1-0-4-tool-pack-for-geforce-gtx-750-ti

improved version of NHC with backup pool included
Zels

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:24:57 PM

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: