Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Solidcoin finally been shut down?  (Read 5279 times)
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 03:20:06 PM

And in related news Idi Amin is still dead.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 04:05:43 PM

Well we can see how well it worked for Solidcoin  Grin Grin Grin

Wasn't put in place until the latest attack. But we'll see how it goes I guess.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:20:31 PM

Welcome back Coinhunter/Realsolid/Viper/Psy/Sockpuppetdujour.

If people want to ddos the SolidCoin tyrant nodes, there is nothing that can be done. The block chain stops until the tyrant nodes are able to process blocks again. Of course, now that the DDOS is over transactions go through. Notice the complete lack of comment about how great Solidcoin was doing until after the DDOS ended.  Cheesy

SC2 = fair weather blockchain.

Imagine how much fun SA could have when they compromise a tyrant node.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:59:20 PM

Lol, Coinhunter cracks me up Cheesy

DDOS in progress - Coinhunter says "..."

DDOS stopped - Coinhunter says "Pff, look! Everything is fine!"

Douche Cheesy

Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:33:27 AM

Lol, Coinhunter cracks me up Cheesy

DDOS stopped - Coinhunter says "Pff, look! Everything is fine!"

Douche Cheesy

And yet despite obvious bullshit, Solidcoin has ton of followers. I think Coinhunter wastes his true talent with Solidcoin, he would do much better for himself as a cult leader.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 02:50:07 AM

And yet despite obvious bullshit, Solidcoin has ton of followers. I think Coinhunter wastes his true talent with Solidcoin, he would do much better for himself as a cult leader.
he should totally run for office

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:38:20 PM

The reason SolidCoin attracts people is because it has clear progression from Bitcoin and the goals they have gel well with many intelligent and logical people. Of course such a thing is "heresy" on these forums as SolidCoin is competing with Bitcoin, but if you came onto irc or the forum you'd see they have a different "class" of supporter than Bitcoin.

I don't think it's cult like at all, logic just appears that way as it gives everyone a clear guide on how to interpret the world truthfully.

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 02:15:39 PM

The reason SolidCoin attracts people is because it has clear progression from Bitcoin and the goals they have gel well with many intelligent and logical people. Of course such a thing is "heresy" on these forums as SolidCoin is competing with Bitcoin, but if you came onto irc or the forum you'd see they have a different "class" of supporter than Bitcoin.

I don't think it's cult like at all, logic just appears that way as it gives everyone a clear guide on how to interpret the world truthfully.

Why were the block rewards of SC cut down by what, 10,000% This was because there was so much demand?

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 02:28:18 PM

Why were the block rewards of SC cut down by what, 10,000% This was because there was so much demand?

Have a read here :- http://solidcoin.info/economy.html

Basically it's more to do with adding an automatic inflation / deflation mechanism and removing the remaining pyramid scheme aspect from the economy. From this point on coins are pretty fairly made now vs 2 years from now. It's also a market stabilization feature that many businesses want before they adopt a cryptocurrency. So now it's fair to mine without devaluing past coins and eventually will be a very stable price due to these features.

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 02:33:39 PM

Basically it's more to do with adding an automatic inflation / deflation mechanism and removing the remaining pyramid scheme aspect from the economy. From this point on coins are pretty fairly made now vs 2 years from now. It's also a market stabilization feature that many businesses want before they adopt a cryptocurrency. So now it's fair to mine without devaluing past coins and eventually will be a very stable price due to these features.

Thanks for clearing that up Wink

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 03:42:35 PM

he's just afraid someone catching up with a million coins, and become another enforcer node.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 06:05:48 PM

If you find an SC block, you earn about 0.07 Solidcoins for it. Someone would have to find 14 million blocks before they could have a tyrant node.
Of course, RealSolid would raise the difficulty and lower the reward long before anyone else got close.

IIRC someone computed that Solidcoins would have to be worth $24 each before one could break even mining them.
So, nobody mines SC. There is almost no volume of SC trades on exchanges. There are no merchants that accept SC as currency. This, according to the controller of Solidcoin is according to plan.

Ask yourself what someone who pre-mined 13 million coins wants for the currency.

CoinHunter

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 02:55:19 AM

Good to see you admit what we knew all along. Early Solidcoin and SC 2.0 was a Pyramid Scheme designed to enrich early adopters. Nice of you to "suddenly" fix it after collecting a few million Solidcoins.
~BCX~

Yes, there is nothing to hide there because it's the truth. SC1 was essentially bitcoin economics cloned (pyramid), SC2 moved to a much fairer system that was half way between Bitcoin and what we have now and finally we are at a fair system. In essence the first "easy coins" are a way to get investment, interest, supporters, etc. If you don't like the fact the first part of SolidCoin was a pyramid scheme like Bitcoin then don't use it, don't invest in it. See if that's a smart business decision.

Bitcoin remains a pyramid system so when trying to get new investors is going to become incredibly difficult the later you join the pyramid. SolidCoin doesn't suffer that problem anymore making it more marketable.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 03:02:57 AM

Bitcoin remains a pyramid system...

I think the simple concept of a pyramid system is over your head.   Sad

If I mine a bitcoin today, no one who mined before me makes anything from it.

Unless you have a different definition than the rest of us?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 03:33:24 AM

I'm talking about the "Reward system" being pyramid based. As in 8 months it will be 25BTC instead of 50BTC. If you join in 8 months time and begin mining you've just immediately halved your Bitcoin mining potential for no other reason than "it's a pyramid reward system, get in early".

Bitcoin is marketed as finite and a deflationary currency, but the reality is that mechanism is in there purely to get people interested and investing in it because they think one day each Bitcoin will be worth ONE MILLION DOLLARS!! Satoshi developed it like this so people would be interested, he licensed it under MIT so people could change it freely (SolidCoin) and then dropped off the planet because the reality is Bitcoin is more the "rocket booster" needed to get the real delivery system (something like SolidCoin) into general use to remove the stranglehold governments have over us.

Read an article about Bitcoin like this, and compare it to SolidCoin. We've fixed the criticisms.

http://www.good.is/post/why-bitcoin-is-a-scam/

The truth is Bitcoin will never be an internet currency. It doesn't have enough units (2 quadrillion) to even cover the existing financial system we have, let alone what it will grow into. SolidCoin can grow into it, and it has many automatic ways to ensure relatively stable price that people want in a currency.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 03:42:00 AM

Still no less delusional though.

Such arrogance!

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 04:39:06 AM

The block chain is still creeping along with a few kHash of mining, but exchange trade volume is nearly zero. The bid/ask spread is nearly 50%.
I think we can safely declare Solidcoin dead. Though I am sure it will limp along for a few weeks like Ixcoin and I0coin did.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 04:42:27 AM

I'm talking about the "Reward system" being pyramid based. As in 8 months it will be 25BTC instead of 50BTC. If you join in 8 months time and begin mining you've just immediately halved your Bitcoin mining potential for no other reason than "it's a pyramid reward system, get in early".

That is not pyramid based.  A pyramid is when the person above you makes a portion of what you make.  Educate yourself before you use the term again, please.

There is a term that describes early adopters making more than those who come later.  I invite you to discover it and use it instead of the incorrect "pyramid" term.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
CoinHunter

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 04:57:29 AM

That is not pyramid based.  A pyramid is when the person above you makes a portion of what you make.  Educate yourself before you use the term again, please.

There is a term that describes early adopters making more than those who come later.  I invite you to discover it and use it instead of the incorrect "pyramid" term.   Wink

I suggest you draw the following.

1) Draw the amount of bitcoins given at 50BTC as a line
2) Draw the amount of bitcoins given at 25BTC as a line above (1), center it
3) Draw the amount of bitcoins given at 12.5BTC as a line above (2), center it
4) Draw the amount of bitcoins given at 6.25BTC as a line above (3), center it

Ends up looking something like this.

I wonder what that looks like.. hmm.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 04:59:35 AM

You have a choice to educate yourself or remain ignorant.  Oh well.

The early miners of Solidcoin (you) made a lot more coins that the ones that mine it now.  Isn't that what you call a pyramid?

One person (you) makes a piece of each coin mined.  That is the actual definition of a pyramid.

By your incorrect usage or the actual definition, Solidcoin is a pyramid scheme.   Sad 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: