Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bricked Visionman 200 - Please help  (Read 857 times)
kpadborg (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:55:09 AM

It appears that I've managed to brick visionman 200 device during my attempt to replace cgminer with bfgminer.

I lost network connection before flashing was complete.

First symptom was no blue light and no network connection.

So this sucks, but I was hopeful that I would be able to remove F5 and connect directly to controller board, which I did.

Unfortunately, I now get the error:

"FPGA controller messed up"

Did I brick the router AND the FPGA controller?

I'm connecting from win7 via USB

Is there any hope?

I am hoping that its just some COM setting that's wrong in the windows serial converter.  Or wrong driver.

I am using LibusbK v3.0.6.0 driver.  This is the only one that creates a COM port connection.....that I could find.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kristian
kpadborg (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:34:03 AM

Solved.  Luckily  <X-Rob> helped me out in #avalon@freenode.net

It turns out that although I bricked the TP-LINK WR703N, I was able to still mine from windows using cgminer.  I gave up, for now, on trying bfgminer.  I'm now mining off of a win7 laptop via the usb port that's inside the case on the controller board, bypassing the now bricked TP-LINK WR703N.

My problem was not having the correct windows driver for the Visionman 200.  I had searched for hours on Google for the solution.  Thnaks much <X-Rob> for your assistance!!

The Visionman 200 shows up in windows as FT232R USB UART and you need to install the WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) driver using the fre Zadig program you can download at http://zadig.akeo.ie

Cgminer will auto-detect, but I ended up mining with --avalon-options 115200:16:10:8:1450:55 ....fow now.

Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: