Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:03:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offer Pulled  (Read 1911 times)
rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:01:53 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 01:17:35 PM by rdyoung

Working on something else.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:59:24 PM

How would you be able to guarantee that people get their investment back? Long term Escrow?
rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:00:29 PM

How would you be able to guarantee that people get their investment back? Long term Escrow?

Escrow?? As I posted all funds raised are going to purchase more hardware. There is no possible way I could escrow funds and grow the farm at the same time. Also as I posted, I am only looking to "sell" 25% of my mine.
rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:50:45 PM

bump
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:36:32 PM

You have no proof of anything.
We are not even sure you have a farm.

Secondly , even if you do , what assurance is there that you will pay us back ?
You have no reputation.

You would be better off giving collateral and asking for a loan which you could pay using these returns.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
jambola2
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:14:31 PM

You have no proof of anything.
We are not even sure you have a farm.

Secondly , even if you do , what assurance is there that you will pay us back ?
You have no reputation.

You would be better off giving collateral and asking for a loan which you could pay using these returns.

Understood. What type of proof would satisfy? I am going to take pictures of my setup once I finish organizing it. I could also provide screenshots of my orders from gaw.

I forgot to mention this earlier , but this is not a Service in any form.
This should go in Securities
You will need to expand a lot more , and make it in a more manageable format.
There you can include proof such as your setup and your receipt.

This will still not give any assurance that you will actually pay people on time. Again , I do not feel that many people would be inclined to trust you with no priors. Hence, it would be best if you took out a personal loan , and maintained 100% of the ownership.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:39:31 PM

would be nice for investors to have a contract to sign.. been ditched a few times in these type of investments

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

would be nice for investors to have a contract to sign.. been ditched a few times in these type of investments

How would that work in this arena?
jambola2
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:56:46 PM

Thinking from your perspective ,you shouldn't really do anything more.
You have sufficient funds to maintain ownership, you don't really need any investors.
Investors seems like a good idea to expand without more personal investment.

On the other hand , consider it from the investors' perspective.

You could just be showing people your rig on this forums in an attempt to grab 0.1 BTC and run.
You have proof that you really own the mine and can provide it , but you have no proof that you will really pay.

You may get a couple of naive investors , but this program does not look too good to any investor , nor does there seem to be any easy method to make it look like a good buy.

It seems like a good idea to keep this open though. You don't lose anything , and if you are lucky you might be able to expand further.
Just don't invest too much time into searching for an investor , as it may not pay off.

Anyways , best of luck with your endeavor,
Jambola2

rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:34:56 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 12:59:29 AM by rdyoung

You could just be showing people your rig on this forums in an attempt to grab 0.1 BTC and run.
You have proof that you really own the mine and can provide it , but you have no proof that you will really pay.

Anyways , best of luck with your endeavor,
Jambola2

Do you honestly think I have spent the entire time I have been on this account to come in here now and scam for what equates to about 65$?

That is why I did the 5% shares. To me 20$ is something worth losing, I lost and made many times that with egold and the like. Crypto is however very very different. I did the small chunks of investment so that someone could toss in what they would have spent on cigarettes or coffee @ sbux and when they see that I am not running, all is then well.

Edit: Your attitude is something akin to having to have credit to get credit, or needing experience for a job in order to get said job.
Not sure what your angle is, but it seems to me that you popped in here just to throw a wrench in my offer and do your best to keep people away.

I can't build up a rep if there is no one willing to take a chance for me to earn said rep.

Edit2: 3rd miner is up and running. 1hour avg is currently 3.98mhs. Each 5% stake equates to 200khs.
jambola2
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:36:52 PM

Do you honestly think I have spent the entire time I have been on this account to come in here now and scam for what equates to about 65$?

Consider non-intentional losses too.
Nobody knows how competent you are , nobody knows whether you can run a rig , whether you know which coins are best.
There are many other sites offering scrypt mining , including those that allow you to choose how to manage things , those that are well reputed and those with huge trust.

That is why I did the 5% shares. To me 20$ is something worth losing, I lost and made many times that with egold and the like. Crypto is however very very different. I did the small chunks of investment so that someone could toss in what they would have spent on cigarettes or coffee @ sbux and when they see that I am not running, all is then well.

This won't really work. Just because it won't cost someone too much , this won't make them join.
You need solid proof that you will succeed.

Not sure what your angle is, but it seems to me that you popped in here just to throw a wrench in my offer and do your best to keep people away.

I'm just stating the obvious.
If your investment request was better planned , you would have covered all the questions I have asked, never leaving a potential investor to doubt you.

rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:56:34 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 10:28:31 AM by rdyoung

Consider non-intentional losses too.
Nobody knows how competent you are , nobody knows whether you can run a rig , whether you know which coins are best.
There are many other sites offering scrypt mining , including those that allow you to choose how to manage things , those that are well reputed and those with huge trust.

This won't really work. Just because it won't cost someone too much , this won't make them join.
You need solid proof that you will succeed.

I'm just stating the obvious.
If your investment request was better planned , you would have covered all the questions I have asked, never leaving a potential investor to doubt you.

A few things...

What do you mean by "unintentional" losses? List those sites for me? The ones I have seen are a giant joke. Sites like betarigs, nicehash, etc are all over priced and scrypt.cc only mines ltc. My offering is for a continual piece of the mining revenue, and one that will grow as I grow the mine.
Because I am offering 5% chunks, those that invest will still get 5% when I am able to grow the mine to 10mhs or even 100mhs. How/Why can/would I do this, because even the smallest amount of added hardware now will add even more to the available funds for reinvestment.

If you read my initial post you would see that I am using ghashs scrypt multipool, it stops me from having to pick which coin is best and auto mines the most profitable one.

As for running a rig, these days I could train my dog to run a rig. You buy a 50$ raspi kit, install minepeon or another raspi os, telnet in and run some voodoo magical commands and BAM, it runs without intervention. OR you could notice from the SS I posted that I spent an extra 20$ for convenience and bought a zencontroller so everything is done via the cloud.

As I have posted before and you conveniently ignored, me doing this little offering was not worth me spending the time writing up a business plan with the detail needed to get a Small Business Loan or present it to a funding committee. The 100$ or so this would raise is just not that important.

I thank you for continuing to post here as it keeps it from falling to far down the list.

Zombier0

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:08:01 AM

Too little farm to seek investors

rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:37:48 AM

Too little farm to seek investors

Obviously I disagree, every business/venture has to start somewhere.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:01:08 PM

I wouldn't consider two GAW Furies to be a "farm".

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
oXo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:17:27 PM

I was thinking the same.

Are you asking for investments to buy more gear? What do you expect the dividends to be each payout?
rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:00:15 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 01:18:40 PM by rdyoung

I was thinking the same.

Are you asking for investments to buy more gear? What do you expect the dividends to be each payout?

The third fury is up and running, averaging 4mhs for the "petting zoo". I am considering buying another fury, but would like to see them to drop prices again before I do.

Yes, that is the point of soliciting some small investors, to grow the operation. My thought process in offering this was basically, why the hell not, if anyone is interested it would allow me to speed up the growth by even a small amount.

Payouts? Cex's threshold is currently 0.01btc min for payouts, the "farm" is currently reaching that every 4-5 days. Assuming it sends payouts exactly at 0.01 then the 5% share would get paid 0.0005btc each payout. Positive ROI time would be the same as if you purchased your own hardware, but as I posted above in the thread, because I am feeling generous, the 5% shares I am offering now will stay at 5% regardless of the size of the mine.
rdyoung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:54:28 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 11:23:18 AM by rdyoung

Changed the title and main post.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: