Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vod abusing Trust Sytem  (Read 3057 times)
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:42:50 PM

He's probably hoping to drown out legitimate negative feedback with a bunch of nonsense negative feedback.

No I want to beat Trade Fortress and I will eventually.

Impossible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reav3R (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:01:16 PM

He's probably hoping to drown out legitimate negative feedback with a bunch of nonsense negative feedback.

Impossible

We'll see.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:34:41 PM

Nah, you won't reach that target IMO.
It is really "hard" to get as many people angry and annoyed, unless you have a big business, like TF was.
Also, you may get banned for sending unsolicited PMs, before receiving "enough" negative trusts. (I can see that from your trust page).

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:48:31 AM

Can't really blame Vod, BTCJam have a poor arbitration system, they don't really make the lender return the loan. Vod wanted warn everyone just in case you scam as this is rather high risk.

Exactly.  In this case, he took put 9 "reputation" loans climbing to 0.3btc.  Then suddenly two simultaneous loan requests for 9btc - a 30x increase.
https://btcjam.com/users/18891

Looks like a reputation scam to me, so I don't trust you.  I will remove the negative trust once you have made a couple payments on your two active loans.

I don't know. There's not much you can do unfortunately. Maybe he will reply eventually or he'll respond to this thread. How long ago did you message him and how many times?

I don't have the time or interest to reply to every PM I receive and if people PM multiple times I just block them.  Most of them offer no new information, simply saying "I'm not a scammer" or "I've never scammed anyone".  Same thing I read from everyone who eventually scams.  Every scammer has to have their first scam - if your actions fit the profile of a scammer, expect me not to trust you.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:11:40 AM

Nah, you won't reach that target IMO.
It is really "hard" to get as many people angry and annoyed, unless you have a big business, like TF was.
Also, you may get banned for sending unsolicited PMs, before receiving "enough" negative trusts. (I can see that from your trust page).

I don't understand why isn't banned. They're spamming unsolicited emails and are trying to make a mockery of the trust system.  How is all that not grounds for a ban?
Shogen
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:18:18 AM

I don't understand why isn't banned. They're spamming unsolicited emails and are trying to make a mockery of the trust system.  How is all that not grounds for a ban?

Looks like the "emails" is a typo. Smiley

IIRC, only theymos can read the PMs.
But if you click "report to admin" after receiving an unsolicited PM, the global mods will be able to read it, and banned the sender if needed.

So, I guess the receivers haven't reported it yet. Cheesy

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:08:43 PM

Yes he's banned now, he was spamming PMs, I got 2 in the past couple days sent to multiple recipients, I'm sure there were many more.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
letuslook

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:17:03 PM

Can't really blame Vod, BTCJam have a poor arbitration system, they don't really make the lender return the loan. Vod wanted warn everyone just in case you scam as this is rather high risk.

Exactly.  In this case, he took put 9 "reputation" loans climbing to 0.3btc.  Then suddenly two simultaneous loan requests for 9btc - a 30x increase.
https://btcjam.com/users/18891

Looks like a reputation scam to me, so I don't trust you.  I will remove the negative trust once you have made a couple payments on your two active loans.

I don't know. There's not much you can do unfortunately. Maybe he will reply eventually or he'll respond to this thread. How long ago did you message him and how many times?

I don't have the time or interest to reply to every PM I receive and if people PM multiple times I just block them.  Most of them offer no new information, simply saying "I'm not a scammer" or "I've never scammed anyone".  Same thing I read from everyone who eventually scams.  Every scammer has to have their first scam - if your actions fit the profile of a scammer, expect me not to trust you.

Hi Vod,

I can understand the suspicion, but i'll pay back everything correctly on time Smiley
I'll send you another pm on the 10th then (first payment is due to the 10th of the month)

~ Luc
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:17:36 PM

Yes he's banned now, he was spamming PMs, I got 2 in the past couple days sent to multiple recipients, I'm sure there were many more.

For how long?

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
BitcoinBudz

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I smoke one in the morning, I smoke one in the nit

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:03:06 PM

Trust system is broke, it should alert you when someone leaves trust rating. I got negative trust, you can tell the person just skimmed the post a I made and then gave me negative feedback, off of what he thought it to be.

How I know he skimmed the post?
1  It was not a loan it was a security, its not a translation issue hes is from the USA.
2 It is legal in the state I am in... He did not read the full post.

See how that is broke? He got both reasons why he gave negative trust wrong but yet it still sticks, give me a break. It would be one thing if he had the facts right lmfao.

BitcoinBudz- On Counterparty -Ticker: BUDZ
Shogen
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:05:10 PM

Trust system is broke, it should alert you when someone leaves trust rating. I got negative trust, you can tell the person just skimmed the post a I made and then gave me negative feedback, off of what he thought it to be.

How I know he skimmed the post?
1  It was not a loan it was a security, its not a translation issue hes is from the USA.
2 It is legal in the state I am in... He did not read the full post.

See how that is broke? He got both reasons why he gave negative trust wrong but yet it still sticks, give me a break. It would be one thing if he had the facts right lmfao.

It seems the post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643994.msg7192250#msg7192250, link found in your trust page) has been removed, and so I couldn't evaluate your point 1 and 2...

BitcoinBudz

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I smoke one in the morning, I smoke one in the nit

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Yup it was removed by mods, after he reported it lol.
It was a cannabis security, legal. They thought it was illegal cause I have a hidden room built in my house.

I kindly messaged him to remove or fix it at least but no response back. Thats why this thing is broke. The sad part is he got good trust from fighting scamers wtf kinda shit is that.

BitcoinBudz- On Counterparty -Ticker: BUDZ
FernandoJr

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:04:05 PM

Vod, i also created here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664334.0

Sorry but you dint respond to my pm...
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 08:00:09 PM

Vod, i also created here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664334.0

Sorry but you dint respond to my pm...

There was nothing to respond to.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:30:36 PM

Looks like the "emails" is a typo. Smiley

IIRC, only theymos can read the PMs.
But if you click "report to admin" after receiving an unsolicited PM, the global mods will be able to read it, and banned the sender if needed.

So, I guess the receivers haven't reported it yet. Cheesy

Yeah, it was a typo. I was referring to the PM's, thanks for the catch.  Looking back at that post, I made a few errors.  Guess that's what happens with late night posting and a few beers, LOL!
m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 10:21:37 PM

I was referring to the PM's

No.. you were talking about PMs, not PM's. Unless there's a bar called PM's I don't know...

http://scottbush.net/language/apostrophes-have-no-place-in-plural-acronyms/

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: