Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:39:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785444 times)
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 11:57:54 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 12:18:08 AM by Videlicet

Hello everyone!

I was watching this thread from the very first days. CoinShield brought an amazing concept into cryptoworld.
Viz and KK made a great job assembling all details into one big idea. I don't know the reasons why we were waiting too long so I'm not going to accuse developers.

But ideas can't wait in my opinion. They should be materialized and tested by time and than debugged finally to create a perfect product.

I'm a C/C++ and ASM programmer with 10 years of experience. I have a passive income so I have a lot of free time.
So I'm going to propose you guys my idea:

I'm going to copy this coin. Take whitepapers and ideas.
The only difference would be:
- changing priorities in the work(first GPU/CPU pools, PoS implementation, etc. to distribute coin fairly)
- posting open source code from the very beginning to let you see the progress and give me advice

And the last thing: I would reconcile with you guys & girls the date to take a snapshot from this coin. Investors shouldn't take such damage by themselves.

Any case I will do this work, but I'm waiting for you comment and appreciate/criticize this idea.
From tomorrow I'll begin to create code architecture.

I'm very sorry for my English. I know it was hard to read. Thank you for your time.

And this is why the source is closed, people love to rape other people's hard work.

See if he will accept your help. No point making coin after coin

After his comment, I'm not very inclined to accept his help due to the fact that I would be spoon feeding him the work I've done over the last year building the concepts and source code when he has shown his true intentions. It would be a different story if he really cared about the investors here and started by offering his aid, rather than jumping to the option of cloning my work just for his own benefit.

Regards,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
0x6A

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:27:13 AM

Hello everyone!

I was watching this thread from the very first days. CoinShield brought an amazing concept into cryptoworld.
Viz and KK made a great job assembling all details into one big idea. I don't know the reasons why we were waiting too long so I'm not going to accuse developers.

But ideas can't wait in my opinion. They should be materialized and tested by time and than debugged finally to create a perfect product.

I'm a C/C++ and ASM programmer with 10 years of experience. I have a passive income so I have a lot of free time.

- changing priorities in the work(first GPU/CPU pools, PoS implementation, etc. to distribute coin fairly)
- posting open source code from the very beginning to let you see the progress and give me advice

And the last thing: I would reconcile with you guys & girls the date to take a snapshot from this coin. Investors shouldn't take such damage by themselves.

Any case I will do this work, but I'm waiting for you comment and appreciate/criticize this idea.

I'm very sorry for my English. I know it was hard to read. Thank you for your time.

And this is why the source is closed, people love to rape other people's hard work.

After his comment, I'm not very inclined to accept his help due to the fact that I would be spoon feeding him the work I've done over the last year building the concepts and source code. It would be a different story if he really cared about the investors here and started by offering his aid, rather than jumping to the option of cloning my work just for his own benefit.

Regards,
Viz.

I knew the idea of asking the source code is silly, so I didn't do this. You have no reason to trust someone your work. I fully agree with this position.

But I don't understand why not to make sources available for absolutely everyone. Raping your work? Who will rape this?
CryptoNote is opened algo, but nobody raped XMR and BCN. There were lots of shit coins on cryptonote. But why this idea is still attractive and XMR&BCN remain leaders? They are innovative coins with its features. Everyone can see which coin is really valuable and which one is shit.

Are you working for the idea or for your absolute authority of this project? Are you sure your are the only person who can do this absolutely better than everyone else? Community for example. We all understand your work is hard. But community need another way of problem solving as I can see..

As I said some time ago: I love your idea, appreciate your work. And I know you are great developer. But it is the time to change something. Am I wrong?

P.S.: I'm not asking you for code. This was an idea on another forum member. I'm just looking for people opinions and advice
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 12:37:19 AM

Hello everyone!

After his comment, I'm not very inclined to accept his help due to the fact that I would be spoon feeding him the work I've done over the last year building the concepts and source code. It would be a different story if he really cared about the investors here and started by offering his aid, rather than jumping to the option of cloning my work just for his own benefit.

Regards,
Viz.

I knew the idea of asking the source code is silly, so I didn't do this. You have no reason to trust someone your work. I fully agree with this position.

But I don't understand why not to make sources available for absolutely everyone. Raping your work? Who will rape this?
CryptoNote is opened algo, but nobody raped XMR and BCN. There were lots of shit coins on cryptonote. But why this idea is still attractive and XMR&BCN remain leaders? They are innovative coins with its features. Everyone can see which coin is really valuable and which one is shit.

Are you working for the idea or for your absolute authority of this project? Are you sure your are the only person who can do this absolutely better than everyone else? Community for example. We all understand your work is hard. But community need another way of problem solving as I can see..

As I said some time ago: I love your idea, appreciate your work. And I know you are great developer. But it is the time to change something. Am I wrong?

It wouldn't be hard for an individual such as yourself to take the white paper I wrote and source code if it was opened, to claim it as their own innovation, this is where I use the term "rape work", as we don't have enough visibility right now to protect this work.

I understand the community needs to see more results, and this is precisely what I've been working towards. Changes have already been made in my schedules concerning my personal life and business, in order to accommodate more time towards this project therefore bringing more results.

I'm working for a vision of freedom for humanity, and I will protect this vision to ensure that it doesn't fall into the hands of those that wish to line their own pockets, as it is built for the world, for the people. If I don't protect this vision, it will become another system that only serves to enslave the masses to line the pockets of few.

Regards,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
0x6A

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:03:38 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 04:59:54 AM by 0x6A

It wouldn't be hard for an individual such as yourself to take the white paper I wrote and source code if it was opened, to claim it as their own innovation, this is where I use the term "rape work", as we don't have enough visibility right now to protect this work.

I understand the community needs to see more results, and this is precisely what I've been working towards. Changes have already been made in my schedules concerning my personal life and business, in order to accommodate more time towards this project therefore bringing more results.

I'm working for a vision of freedom for humanity, and I will protect this vision to ensure that it doesn't fall into the hands of those that wish to line their own pockets, as it is built for the world, for the people. If I don't protect this vision, it will become another system that only serves to enslave the masses to line the pockets of few.

Regards,
Viz.

Why than you posted CSD on exchange so early? It is not distributed fairly. Low diff in GPU was one of the reasons. Another reason was closed pool source. Mining power is controlled only by insiders. Is this freedom? This seems to be a great scam now: no visible results in pools/PoS/and main features that make this coin innovative. Only mining and exchange

No one can help you with closed sources. So it will take a lot of time to make it by yourself. But why start the coin life cycle so early if you preferred a lonely path?
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

Pool source has been open for a while my friend. Nexus source is available to those willing to help, that have demonstrated the proper levels of character to be entrusted with it. So far, nobody has offered their help but Bitslapper, Cestballot, and Razerglass. I have no preferences to the path in which everything unfolds, as long as I know that it is done as correctly as can be done. If this is me alone, I am willing to deal with the consequences of this reality which is 60 hour work weeks.

Freedom is not a result, it is a progression, and we must do what we can within our power to ameliorate it, and over time with consistent effort, it is able to overcome the limiting factors engrained in human nature.

Why don't you take some effort to make things better. Your announcement earlier contained your priority for a GPU pool, why not you take the source hosted on my github and create a GPU pool while I finish 1.0.3. This will require modifications to the GPU miner to submit pool shares, and you will need to find the proper Variable Weight per leading 0 bits to give accurate time differences between different difficulty shares.

Rather than complaining about problems, why not help solve them?

Thank You,
Viz.

0x6A

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:54:03 AM

Pool source has been open for a while my friend. Source is available to those willing to help, that have demonstrated the proper levels of character to be entrusted with it. So far, nobody has offered their help but Bitslapper and Cestballot. I have no preferences to the path in which everything unfolds, as long as I know that it is done as correctly as can be done. If this is me alone, I am willing to deal with the consequences of this reality which is 60 hour work weeks.

Freedom is not a result, it is a progression, and we must do what we can within our power to ameliorate it, and over time with consistent effort, it is able to overcome the limiting factors engrained in human nature.

Thank You,
Viz.

As I said I will start my work with or without anyone's help. I only need to see if there is some need in a fork started by me. And than I start.

Maybe you will be the first who satisfy community needs. Maybe not. I'll just try my way: open sourced and fully visible to anyone. I believe project can be built fully transparent from the very beginning. Posting you concepts and ideas implies a risk your project being rewrote better(in someone's opinion) and faster.

Let's see what others say. I've understood you for now and later I will have new questions(maybe) and proposals. For now I'm beginning to prepare roadmap to reconcile with community.

Rather than complaining about problems, why not help solve them?

I'm glad to help. But you didn't asked for this. And I don't know how can I help with no sources as far as I'm not sure I'm entrusted enough.

Edit:
Did't noticed
Why don't you take some effort to make things better. Your announcement earlier contained your priority for a GPU pool, why not you take the source hosted on my github and create a GPU pool while I finish 1.0.3. This will require modifications to the GPU miner to submit pool shares, and you will need to find the proper Variable Weight per leading 0 bits to give accurate time differences between different difficulty shares

Rather than complaining about problems, why not help solve them?.

Seems you changed your post when I was typing Smiley

My answer is:
I can't be sure this will solve the problem. Because it won't solve lots of other problems which require sources
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 02:02:26 AM

As I said you want to help, build a GPU pool. This source code has been open for months. As to Nexus source, you definitely have demonstrated many reasons to be apprehensive about such a movement, so I will not provide you with this.

If you want to copy everything I have created, it only saddens me that you can't conceive any original ideas yourself and must resort to stealing another's work. For that, good luck my friend; you have a lot of ground to make up to clone my work, there are currently 11 active features in Nexus 1.0.2, with only 4 left until I finish.

Take Care,
Viz.

0x6A

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:25:28 AM

As I said you want to help, build a GPU pool. This source code has been open for months. As to Nexus source, you definitely have demonstrated many reasons to be apprehensive about such a movement, so I will not provide you with this.

If you want to copy everything I have created, it only saddens me that you can't conceive any original ideas yourself and must resort to stealing another's work. For that, good luck my friend; you have a lot of ground to make up to clone my work, there are currently 11 active features in Core 1.0.2, with only 4 left until I finish.

Take Care,
Viz.

Open source movement should be happened. I don't want to claim some authority. This will be your project. Open sourced. And I will be glad if you join this movement sometime.

When you are protecting your code from being copied - it is not protected from bugs and vulnerabilities. Are you sure your code have no stack overflow issues, buffer overflow, etc? I'm not. Such a big code can easily(with high probability) be hacked by a low level programmer. And this is not the only problem I want to solve by open source. I hope I will gain some code/advice help from my friends and forum community. If people are not interested in such changes as I suggest I won't start this huge project.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 02:56:17 AM

You miss the mark in thinking that the source code will always be closed, and again in thinking I see this as my project. I would recommend reading the second post... The me in this passed away a long time ago, that's the only way I've been able to come this far.

Not Me: We.
It is you that will bring the change; it is us working together that will enable us to free ourselves from the slavery of the system, on our road to living a harmonious life. It is you sharing your dreams and visions of a brighter future with the community that will bring these visions to life, it is you helping create the vision of Coin Shield that will give others the chance at the same future. It is no longer the time of isolated separation and actions coordinated for self interest, it is time we look at the larger perspective and ask ourselves, what can we do to make this a tool that can not only free us, but many generations to come. It is not about me, or you, or any single person: it is about what is in the best interest of the world as a whole, united, and working to bring a brighter future for themselves and their children to come.

Take care,
Viz.

0x6A

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:18:04 AM

You miss the mark in thinking that the source code will always be closed, and again in thinking I see this as my project. I would recommend reading the second post... The me in this passed away a long time ago, that's the only way I've been able to come this far.

Not Me: We.
It is you that will bring the change; it is us working together that will enable us to free ourselves from the slavery of the system, on our road to living a harmonious life. It is you sharing your dreams and visions of a brighter future with the community that will bring these visions to life, it is you helping create the vision of Coin Shield that will give others the chance at the same future. It is no longer the time of isolated separation and actions coordinated for self interest, it is time we look at the larger perspective and ask ourselves, what can we do to make this a tool that can not only free us, but many generations to come. It is not about me, or you, or any single person: it is about what is in the best interest of the world as a whole, united, and working to bring a brighter future for themselves and their children to come.

Take care,
Viz.

Sorry for being offensive too much. I believe your position is right. All the problem is extremely big delays. There are no any visible changes. I hope you will succeed, but keep in mind that coin is on exchange and there is no much time to wait..

I'll learn out GPU pool/miner sources and try to accompany you, not compete. Open sourcing would take a lot of preparation/release time so let it be as it is for some time. I believe you will release PoS as you promised this time. My aim is to see this project working, not "raping" this idea. Forking coin is an emergency step.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 04:25:59 AM

I appreciate your willingness to help my friend, and am always in favor of cooperation over competition. Let me know if you need anything to help in your efforts. We might want to consider opening a better communication channel. I'll PM you.

Thank You,
Viz.

cestballot

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 09:56:44 AM

New exchange vote here : https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

https://twitter.com/cestballot/status/608057008336605185

we are Nexus

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:16:07 AM

VOTED , I like C-Cex , pretty easy and fast interface...
Namsbreh

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:05:41 PM

Done.   Have not used c-cex for a while, was disappointing to see CSD only got 3 votes!
AliMan

Activity: 1988
Merit: 502

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:42:19 PM

I'd recommend Polo over c-cex......

PVmining

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:24:23 AM

Guys... there are old links on the OP and nexusniro.com.
All downloads still pointing to coinshield.io and so do not work any more.
Namsbreh

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:41:04 AM

Guys... there are old links on the OP and nexusniro.com.
All downloads still pointing to coinshield.io and so do not work any more.

Still, this was pointed out ages ago.

Where is KK. He only seems to be active when the price spikes!!

The outlook is bleak, starting to smell bad.
borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:31:45 PM

the block explorer doesn't work. The website doesn't view correctly, half of it is off the page.
cestballot

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 02:27:43 PM

the block explorer doesn't work. The website doesn't view correctly, half of it is off the page.

All works good on firefox, indeed internet explorer don't love Nexus Niro Smiley

borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:32:42 PM

All works good on firefox, indeed internet explorer don't love Nexus Niro Smiley

confirmed. *deletes internet explorer*
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: