Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:26:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785444 times)
cestballot

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 08:02:06 PM

ive offered to help with marketing - but OP dropped it

How So? Any help will benefit all here.

--------------------------------------------

Still waiting................................

Update coming soon Smiley

--------------------------------------------

BitcoinSanDiego,

From reading your comments a few pages back, I find it necessary to clarify many errors in your thought patterns. You might want to re-read the thread from the beginning, you'll come to realize a good amount of the features I developed were suggested by the community and I chose to implement them. You must realize how a business works as well, in that, it must have a business plan and profit model. If you choose to understand things deeper, you will come to see that the patents [Primarily to my Lower Level Library] will only be leased at cost for commercial purposes, or in other words, if another entity wishes to monetize on the technology that was built for Nexus and its community, they will have to pay to the company in Niro, which in turn will benefit the entire Nexus community by stimulating the market. The patents will not remove one's ability to view and modify the technology, and to spread new innovation within the Nexus community, they will prevent other communities from taking that which was built by and for the people that brought Nexus to life, and using it to create their own commercial entities that will be in direct competition with this community and its investors.

I hope you will find with time, that inquiring rather than projecting opinion is much more beneficial, and you may even discover that through your inquiry, your thoughts and ideas will be embodied into Nexus as a part of the overall vision.

So, with that being stated, feel free to ask that which you would like to know, or suggest other options that would be more efficient means of producing value for Nexus as a whole. If this is not your aim, I don't see of whom you are attempting to be of benefit to, the community, or your own.

Regards,
Viz.

Nice news,

We will increase investissement in Nexus Niro to promote future Nexus inc Dev.
Today I am extremely busy. I will have more time for you, Nexus community, in 2 weeks.

We are Nexus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:31:33 AM

Who are "we"?
Seriously i dont mean "we the nexus" or "we the community".
I mean that "we that is talking about investing into company"...

Smiley
cestballot

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 07:24:53 AM

Who are "we"?
Seriously i dont mean "we the nexus" or "we the community".
I mean that "we that is talking about investing into company"...

Smiley

You are right.

"We" is Me and a french nerd, who need to see, where Nexus inc can go. Wink So, we support Nexus.
But "We are Nexus" means you and all the community create/design/make this project.

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

We are Nexus

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 09:21:16 AM

Yes, from my observations there is several levels of people using word "WE" in crypto:

Level 1: Lonely newcomer who didn't moved a finger for coin but use we for ME+EVERYBODY
Level 2: established community member who actually did something, at least proposed few ideas
Level 3: the guy who bought coins for some reason
Level 4: core developers
Level 5: real investors

So far i see lack of transparency for the most important groups which are of course 4 and 5 as they induce interest in 3,2,1.

So what we have here:
Coin creator, very interesting and perhaps quite clever guy - Collin
Now we have also somebody else + his friend
I really would love to know more about all of you who fit levels 4 and 5.

Thank you for any info Smiley
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:33:22 AM

Yes, from my observations there is several levels of people using word "WE" in crypto:

Level 1: Lonely newcomer who didn't moved a finger for coin but use we for ME+EVERYBODY
Level 2: established community member who actually did something, at least proposed few ideas

So far i see lack of transparency for the most important groups which are of course 4 and 5 as they induce interest in 3,2,1.

So what we have here:

Collin is the only developer, and is doing an excellent job in delivering features as per roadmap considering he is just one guy. He also seems to be a real investor if you consider the time he puts in and also the creation of nexus inc. There is plenty of transparency for Collin but definitely not alot is known about the real investors. If you do "dumprichlist 50" in wallet u will see a range from 4.1mil to 100k niro who are these people? I am one of the ones on the lower end of the list it does seem to me there is alot of holders and alot of ppl in the community who simply mine and hold their coins. Price has been stable around current level for most of the year give or take a few spikes but who are these "real investors" and what actually constitutes a real investor?
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:48:05 AM

So what we have here:

Collin is the only developer, and is doing an excellent job in delivering features as per roadmap considering he is just one guy. He also seems to be a real investor if you consider the time he puts in and also the creation of nexus inc. There is plenty of transparency for Collin but definitely not alot is known about the real investors. If you do "dumprichlist 50" in wallet u will see a range from 4.1mil to 100k niro who are these people? I am one of the ones on the lower end of the list it does seem to me there is alot of holders and alot of ppl in the community who simply mine and hold their coins. Price has been stable around current level for most of the year give or take a few spikes but who are these "real investors" and what actually constitutes a real investor?

I have 250k coins staking, considering myself level3.
Only reason i bought coins is to dump all for profit later on.
That's my story, I am not interesting...
mumus

Activity: 291

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:50:34 AM

The top coin holder in the rich list with 4.1M is probably the wallet of bittrex.com
calem

Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 12:09:57 PM

Not sure what this makes me, been a late comer to the party so to speak.

I have particular ideals in mind though, so im not really interested in dumping as much as I would like to see this network replace fiat across all countries.

Think "one world currency" by the people, for the people, with an "anarchistic free market capitalism" approach to play the role of stepping stone to a resourced based economy.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
pdogg147

Activity: 339
Merit: 266

Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 04:31:20 PM

So what we have here:

I fall into both 4 and 5, I guess.  I would say I am a core member of Nexus and have been involved in some capacity since around the end of March.  Among other things, I funded the Facebook Promotion on the Cryptocurrency Collectors Club in September and other giveaways on the group Facebook page which I help maintain.  I also have given away a lot of coins on the IRC group.  I also hold a large number of coins.  Greater than 500k.  As is obvious, Viz is the core coder and developer and is the primary visionary for Nexus and has done the bulk of the work for Nexus.  KryptoKash is a core member and an investor and has been with Viz from the Start and helped shape some of the vision of the coin and has helped fund some of the Project such as for graphics, etc.  Of course others contribute as well.  cestballot maintains a CPU mining pool and helps provide technical support and Razerglass runs the IRC bot and is working on a promotion for a bitcointalk signature contest (just to name a couple other folks who contribute).  "We are Nexus" refers to the fact that Nexus is for the benefit of all of us, as in all of us who inhabit this Earth.   

Namsbreh

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:19:06 PM

I guess I am level 2 & 3, maybe a 5 too.  Mined over a million coins between Oct 2014 and April 2015, sold some to cover electric, sold more on the highs before buying back in during the lows, also holding a bag of 500k+.

I've made a few suggestions, helped with testnet, made plenty of snow/mist/rain in IRC (until killerjoe arrived!!), otherwise I keep myself to myself.
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:58:20 PM

I guess I am level 2 & 3, maybe a 5 too.  Mined over a million coins between Oct 2014 and April 2015, sold some to cover electric, sold more on the highs before buying back in during the lows, also holding a bag of 500k+.

I've made a few suggestions, helped with testnet, made plenty of snow/mist/rain in IRC (until killerjoe arrived!!), otherwise I keep myself to myself.

damm I tought miners are already extinct Cheesy
that's perhaps why i didn't mentioned them in the list!
Namsbreh

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:38:55 AM

damm I tought miners are already extinct Cheesy

There are still some of us around, Nvidia has kept us in the game for a little longer.
BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:14:05 PM

BitcoinSanDiego,

From reading your comments a few pages back, I find it necessary to clarify many errors in your thought patterns. You might want to re-read the thread from the beginning, you'll come to realize a good amount of the features I developed were suggested by the community and I chose to implement them. You must realize how a business works as well, in that, it must have a business plan and profit model. If you choose to understand things deeper, you will come to see that the patents [Primarily to my Lower Level Library] will only be leased at cost for commercial purposes, or in other words, if another entity wishes to monetize on the technology that was built for Nexus and its community, they will have to pay to the company in Niro, which in turn will benefit the entire Nexus community by stimulating the market. The patents will not remove one's ability to view and modify the technology, and to spread new innovation within the Nexus community, they will prevent other communities from taking that which was built by and for the people that brought Nexus to life, and using it to create their own commercial entities that will be in direct competition with this community and its investors.

How do you expect anyone to understand anything about Nexus when there is no central repository of information and no Github source code to analyze?

Can you clarify what parts of the protocol will be open-sourced and what will be closed-sourced?  You say you will be licensing the LLL.  How is it possible to open-source Nexus Core and decentralize it while maintaining control over essential parts of the protocol?

Here's the main problem that I see right now: It looks like part of Nexus will be centralized and closed-source, and that in turn makes the protocol dependent upon one single person, you, in order to be built on by outside developers.  

Can you also provide us with a theoretical use case for the LLL in which someone would want to pay to use it?
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:16:00 PM

BitcoinSanDiego,

How do you expect anyone to understand anything about Nexus when there is no central repository of information and no Github source code to analyze?

Can you clarify what parts of the protocol will be open-sourced and what will be closed-sourced?  You say you will be licensing the LLL.  How is it possible to open-source Nexus Core and decentralize it while maintaining control over essential parts of the protocol?

Here's the main problem that I see right now: It looks like part of Nexus will be centralized and closed-source, and that in turn makes the protocol dependent upon one single person, you, in order to be built on by outside developers.  

Can you also provide us with a theoretical use case for the LLL in which someone would want to pay to use it?

+1
I would be glad for more information also
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 09:50:31 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 10:46:19 PM by Videlicet

BitcoinSanDiego,

I like that you are raising good points here in a respectable professional manner, so I will begin by thanking you for that. I will continue by explaining your concerns and my ideas to bridge them, in which we can continue this discussion to further balance the perspectives of everyone involved to strengthen the concepts and technology that are currently under development.

1. How do you expect anyone to understand anything about Nexus when there is no central repository of information and no Github source code to analyze? - This is a very true statement, and I don't expect anyone to understand the code behind Nexus at this current moment in time as far as how the features have been implemented. This is a current deficiency, the delay has been in making my repository public (it is currently private and subject to specific users getting access granted by me), in which is being ameliorated through company structures and contemplating the way we are to bridge one major deficiency of open source, and that is in the license. I understand even with proper legalities developed such as a Creative Commons license or other variant of open source, users will still violate this. My contemplation lies in finding a way to allow the source to be open to bring benefits you just mentioned, but at the same time prevent commercialization of the technology beyond Nexus in order to benefit the Nexus community as a whole.

2. Can you clarify what parts of the protocol will be open-sourced and what will be closed-sourced?  You say you will be licensing the LLL.  How is it possible to open-source Nexus Core and decentralize it while maintaining control over essential parts of the protocol? - The LLL is a template library I should begin by clarifying, so components patented under Nexus Core such as generate protocols or databases from the templates will be licensed according to their uses. This means that anything encapsulated in Nexus Core will be owned by the community of Nexus, or Niro holders. I want the technology developed for our space to remain first and foremost beneficial to Nexus, and secondary beneficial to the Internet. The LLL will include many inherited templates such as a SQL plugin for LLD and LLP, so forth that will be licensed to other areas of the internet to bring value back into Nexus.

3. Here's the main problem that I see right now: It looks like part of Nexus will be centralized and closed-source, and that in turn makes the protocol dependent upon one single person, you, in order to be built on by outside developers. - I agree with you, and recall this has been one of your initial concerns with the fact being that I am the sole developer. Keep in mind this is a temporary situation, more developers can flow into the project if any decide to dedicate their time, which currently would be in their investment. If they were to require a contract, this will require more funding to be generated to cover these extra costs, which would require more time from me to produce these funds through my contracting business. I am an advocate of decentralization and trust less systems, the problem in this current circumstance is that the industry as it stands is not a trust less system. It is a woven fabric of private groups that have more influence over the industry than general users, which means that we have to find those we can trust in order to be sure we are making safe investments. If you have any ideas on how to bridge this deficiency or by possibility have any other insights I am missing, please do share.

4. Can you also provide us with a theoretical use case for the LLL in which someone would want to pay to use it? - MySQL databases are limited even with sophisticated caching to about 2-3k requests per second. A website could simply utilize the LLD and LLP with a SQL template to increase their computational capabilities while requiring less hardware. This would streamline into their system if all SQL commands are honored in this template, which would lower overhead of the business and make the licensing of using such a system more profitable to the business then using conventional MySQL systems. This would also stand true with new services built with the LLL from the ground up. This can be seen similar to licensing costs for cPanel and other internet based technologies that bring more profit than their costs.

If you have any more questions please do ask, I like your perspectives on things. We may find in time we believe very similar concepts, but see different ways of implementation. When we can come to unite these ideas, it can bring the core idea into a greater strength.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:05:20 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 02:18:29 AM by BitcoinSanDiego

...My contemplation lies in finding a way to allow the source to be open to bring benefits you just mentioned, but at the same time prevent commercialization of the technology beyond Nexus in order to benefit the Nexus community as a whole.[/size]

^I think you are taking a big gamble that you are protecting the project or community from commercialization of the technology.  There is a possibility that open-sourcing the project would bring in talented developers who are curious to learn from you and they could provide valuable feedback analyzing the source code, help solve many of these larger problems, perhaps even start developing alpha applications for the LLL and thus helping to improve the protocol.  If people decide to fork Nexus, they will still have to keep up with you in terms of development and the strength of the community.  

2. Can you clarify what parts of the protocol will be open-sourced and what will be closed-sourced?  You say you will be licensing the LLL.  How is it possible to open-source Nexus Core and decentralize it while maintaining control over essential parts of the protocol? - The LLL is a template library I should begin by clarifying, so components patented under Nexus Core such as generate protocols or databases from the templates will be licensed according to their uses. This means that anything encapsulated in Nexus Core will be owned by the community of Nexus, or Niro holders. I want the technology developed for our space to remain first and foremost beneficial to Nexus, and secondary beneficial to the Internet. The LLL will include many inherited templates such as a SQL plugin for LLD and LLP, so forth that will be licensed to other areas of the internet to bring value back into Nexus.

^If there are ways to utilize the Nexus blockchain in order to solve computational issues through decentralized computing power, well that would be useful indeed.  I think that developing an interface into the protocol for applications is good.  What about creating a limited number of "licenses" that can be purchased in the protocol by burning NIRO or creating a sort of "proof-of-stake licensing" within the protocol.  For example and I know you are against centralization, but what if you could have both.  What if in order to access or use the LLL you must have a certain balance of NIRO and are running a staking node that meets a certain threshold or criteria. I am wondering if there is a way to create some type of scarcity of licenses in the protocol and to decentralize their issuance, or to allow some form of centralization within the protocol that allows for advanced features to be implemented based upon staked interest.

Let's look at DASH for a second just to realize the 'potential benefits' of masternodes.  I am very aware of the downsides to masternodes.  I am suggesting that masternodes have access to additional feature sets within the protocol.

3. Here's the main problem that I see right now: It looks like part of Nexus will be centralized and closed-source, and that in turn makes the protocol dependent upon one single person, you, in order to be built on by outside developers. - I agree with you, and recall this has been one of your initial concerns with the fact being that I am the sole developer. Keep in mind this is a temporary situation, more developers can flow into the project if any decide to dedicate their time, which currently would be in their investment. If they were to require a contract, this will require more funding to be generated to cover these extra costs, which would require more time from me to produce these funds through my contracting business. I am an advocate of decentralization and trust less systems, the problem in this current circumstance is that the industry as it stands is not a trust less system. It is a woven fabric of private groups that have more influence over the industry than general users, which means that we have to find those we can trust in order to be sure we are making safe investments. If you have any ideas on how to bridge this deficiency or by possibility have any other insights I am missing, please do share.

^Adding additional features to the protocol by outside developers requires the ability to test different parameters in the protocol.  You cannot possibly test all the possible areas of investigation and you only have enough eyes.  I want to see hundreds of eyes that are able to contribute to the source code.

I think the priority should be finding a way to open-source the entire protocol while creating advanced feature sets for those in the community with a large stake.  If stakeholders have a tangible reason to push development, they will do so, but monetary inflation through Proof-of-stake is not the only means to rewarding stakeholders in the protocol.

There should be more than financial compensation for stakeholding.  There should also be compensation in the form of lucrative access to the LLL by operating a larger staking node.

4. Can you also provide us with a theoretical use case for the LLL in which someone would want to pay to use it? - MySQL databases are limited even with sophisticated caching to about 2-3k requests per second. A website could simply utilize the LLD and LLP with a SQL template to increase their computational capabilities while requiring less hardware. This would streamline into their system if all SQL commands are honored in this template, which would lower overhead of the business and make the licensing of using such a system more profitable to the business then using conventional MySQL systems. This would also stand true with new services built with the LLL from the ground up. This can be seen similar to licensing costs for cPanel and other internet based technologies that bring more profit than their costs.

^By requiring a masternode for the function of the LLL, you would create a semi-centralized but very practical solution for integration into business applications by creating scarcity and by combining node proximity with decentralized security.  Since the blockchain would securely store the hashed data from the databases, if a node went down it would not mean that all of the data was lost.  A trail of important records could be maintained.  The important records of the data would be saved right up to the last block in a decentralized fashion.
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:50:43 AM

Viz. is this true:

1, raising max staking rate from 3 to 5%
2, extending the time for offline wallet beyond 1 day

??
calem

Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 06:57:18 AM

5% is true

beyond 1 day to 21 is true.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
Namsbreh

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:32:44 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 12:08:15 PM by Namsbreh

5% is true

beyond 1 day to 21 is true.

Still waiting patiently...................
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:29:51 PM

5% really? How could this not screw up with emission model??
Count with me, buy 1M niro, stake 100 years:

Surprise! Somebody who maintain the wallet after 100 years have 131M coins ! Smiley
After 16y on 5% you double from 1M to 2M.
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: