Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:32:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785444 times)
pdogg147

Activity: 339
Merit: 266

Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 05:17:25 PM

http://nexusoft.io/

Thanks you, Steven Waldenberg, for this new update on official Nexus web page Smiley

More to come

We are Nexus

looks good, how about new logo contest?

That's a waste of time.  It would be better to get this coin on new exchanges.  What are your favorite exchanges?

Ok, instead of real and doable logo contest feel free to to list NIRO on:
simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

That should be enough for start.
PM me when you do this and I will send you more exchanges.

We just did a logo contest a few months ago, that's how we got the logo we have.

As for exchanges, I think it would be better to start reaching out to them by the development team (and I am happy to help) to have NIRO listed.  Poloniex and Cryptsy would be good to start, but I'm open to real suggestions such as Bleutrade.  I just don't know those smaller exchanges very well.

I believe that KryptoKash reached out to at least Poloniex in the past and they might have wanted to wait until the code was open sourced.  He also may have reached out to Cryptsy.  I agree different folks frequent different exchanges; however, that is not always a home run.  It may not necessarily increase value or interest.  But additional exchanges could increase visibility. Liquidity is also important so getting on too many exchanges may not be beneficial.  We recently discussed maybe trying to get on some smaller exchanges such as Cryptopia for now.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:10:37 PM

Thanks you, Steven Waldenberg, for this new update on official Nexus web page Smiley

More to come

We are Nexus

That's a waste of time.  It would be better to get this coin on new exchanges.  What are your favorite exchanges?

simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

We just did a logo contest a few months ago, that's how we got the logo we have.

As for exchanges, I think it would be better to start reaching out to them by the development team (and I am happy to help) to have NIRO listed.  Poloniex and Cryptsy would be good to start, but I'm open to real suggestions such as Bleutrade.  I just don't know those smaller exchanges very well.

I believe that KryptoKash reached out to at least Poloniex in the past and they might have wanted to wait until the code was open sourced.  He also may have reached out to Cryptsy.  I agree different folks frequent different exchanges; however, that is not always a home run.  It may not necessarily increase value or interest.  But additional exchanges could increase visibility. Liquidity is also important so getting on too many exchanges may not be beneficial.  We recently discussed maybe trying to get on some smaller exchanges such as Cryptopia for now.

Poloniex and Cryptsy or bust.  We want volume and  exposure, and Poloniex is now considered the go-to exchange for legitimate cryptocurrencies since Bittrex has hosted so many scam ICOs.

pdogg147

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 10:36:27 PM

More to come

We are Nexus

That's a waste of time.  It would be better to get this coin on new exchanges.  What are your favorite exchanges?

simplefx
gemini
btc-e
okcoin
and maybe poloniex

As for exchanges, I think it would be better to start reaching out to them by the development team (and I am happy to help) to have NIRO listed.  Poloniex and Cryptsy would be good to start, but I'm open to real suggestions such as Bleutrade.  I just don't know those smaller exchanges very well.

I believe that KryptoKash reached out to at least Poloniex in the past and they might have wanted to wait until the code was open sourced.  He also may have reached out to Cryptsy.  I agree different folks frequent different exchanges; however, that is not always a home run.  It may not necessarily increase value or interest.  But additional exchanges could increase visibility. Liquidity is also important so getting on too many exchanges may not be beneficial.  We recently discussed maybe trying to get on some smaller exchanges such as Cryptopia for now.

Poloniex and Cryptsy or bust.  We want volume and  exposure, and Poloniex is now considered the go-to exchange for legitimate cryptocurrencies since Bittrex has hosted so many scam ICOs.

Well nothing in crypto is a sure thing.  I agree that we eventually want to be on Poloniex and maybe Cryptsy but it needs to be at the right time.

BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:25:31 PM

Well nothing in crypto is a sure thing.  I agree that we eventually want to be on Poloniex and maybe Cryptsy but it needs to be at the right time.

Everything in crypto is a sure thing if the code is open-source.  Bitcoin is a transparent protocol --- nobody would use Bitcoin if they weren't sure that the next block would exist.

As for the "right time" to get onto more exchanges or open-source? With this one-man "development team" that appears to be never.  Which is the point of open-source.  As long as this protocol is not transparent there is very little this community can do to assist in development or marketing.
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:05:39 PM

Well nothing in crypto is a sure thing.  I agree that we eventually want to be on Poloniex and maybe Cryptsy but it needs to be at the right time.

Everything in crypto is a sure thing if the code is open-source.  Bitcoin is a transparent protocol --- nobody would use Bitcoin if they weren't sure that the next block would exist.

As for the "right time" to get onto more exchanges or open-source? With this one-man "development team" that appears to be never.  Which is the point of open-source.  As long as this protocol is not transparent there is very little this community can do to assist in development or marketing.

Can't help but feel you're more interested in something to stimulate price so you can dump coins for profit. Viz has engaged respectfully with you in discussions about your concerns yet you continue to make negative remarks towards him. From my point of view distribution is a more pressing concern than additional exchanges, what is really needed and has been talked about much previously is a gpu pool. The source code has been made available privately for bittrex to review I see no reason why this would not also be the case for cryptsy and polo if they were interested. If Viz wants some time to patent the LLL which he has spent much time developing then I have no issue waiting for that, I would prefer however to see some development on software front for example, there are a few small bugs in the latest release of the miners, there is no staking android wallet and a gpu pool would help with distribution.
BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:18:06 PM

Can't help but feel you're more interested in something to stimulate price so you can dump coins for profit. Viz has engaged respectfully with you in discussions about your concerns yet you continue to make negative remarks towards him. From my point of view distribution is a more pressing concern than additional exchanges, what is really needed and has been talked about much previously is a gpu pool. The source code has been made available privately for bittrex to review I see no reason why this would not also be the case for cryptsy and polo if they were interested. If Viz wants some time to patent the LLL which he has spent much time developing then I have no issue waiting for that, I would prefer however to see some development on software front for example, there are a few small bugs in the latest release of the miners, there is no staking android wallet and a gpu pool would help with distribution.

Dumping coins is not in my interest.  Market-making, yes.  That is the only meaningful contribution a community can make to a cryptocurrency that is closed-source and centrally controlled by one individual.

It is not negative to repeat the very clear facts that Videlicet already verified are true.

Namsbreh

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:26:19 PM

I agree, Trex is a scammers paradise.  Polo is a must, sooner rather than later.

Still waiting for the wallet update............
pdogg147

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:31:26 PM

Dumping coins is not in my interest.  Market-making, yes.  That is the only meaningful contribution a community can make to a cryptocurrency that is closed-source and centrally controlled by one individual.

It is not negative to repeat the very clear facts that Videlicet already verified are true.

So then let me ask you then, what would you personally be able to contribute to this Project IF it were open-sourced? You continually imply that this is all we need, so instead of continual criticism (lately) tell us how and why.  And please don't say we will get more investors because we are on Poloniex.  Ethereum and Bitshares were the top coins over there and now look at where the price went.  Also, I acknowledge that you have held this position for quite some time. 

BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:01:43 PM

So then let me ask you then, what would you personally be able to contribute to this Project IF it were open-sourced? You continually imply that this is all we need, so instead of continual criticism (lately) tell us how and why.  And please don't say we will get more investors because we are on Poloniex.  Ethereum and Bitshares were the top coins over there and now look at where the price went.  Also, I acknowledge that you have held this position for quite some time. 

Thank you for asking.

1) I would contribute code review.  I would analyze protocol line-by-line and help to raise concerns about vulnerabilities in code.  Currently, the code could be completely vulnerable and insecure due to closed-source nature

2) I would share repository with others to bring about further developer interest in blockchain technology

3) I would start a blog/web page to help others understand the underlying code of Nexus with explanations and links to repository

4) I would leverage connections with many professionals in Bitcoin trading arena to expand market adoption, such as exchanges and wallet services
pdogg147

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 03:42:05 PM

Thank you for asking.

1) I would contribute code review.  I would analyze protocol line-by-line and help to raise concerns about vulnerabilities in code.  Currently, the code could be completely vulnerable and insecure due to closed-source nature

2) I would share repository with others to bring about further developer interest in blockchain technology

3) I would start a blog/web page to help others understand the underlying code of Nexus with explanations and links to repository

4) I would leverage connections with many professionals in Bitcoin trading arena to expand market adoption, such as exchanges and wallet services

Thank you for answering.  Those would definitely be beneficial to this Community if they were used to help Nexus.

1) Agreed.  I think Viz has been very thorough, but others viewing the code for vulnerabilities will benefit the Project as a whole.  Obviously for widespread use this is necessary.  We all understand that.  Viz is working on a solution to prevent easy cloning of the platform.  We take this idea seriously, but none of us want this Work exploited.

2) We all want to see this.

3) This would certainly be inline with the Mission of Nexus and would be a welcome service.

4) That would certainly be beneficial.  I think with a collective effort from all of us, Nexus most certainly will end up on other exchanges.  Can you expand on what you mean by wallet services?

BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:19:34 PM

4) That would certainly be beneficial.  I think with a collective effort from all of us, Nexus most certainly will end up on other exchanges.  Can you expand on what you mean by wallet services?

Wallet services such as SPV or thin-client development (also known as light-weight client) -- ie: mobile wallet infrastructure.

Also, web-wallets that act as thin client such as blockchain.info
pdogg147

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 04:54:33 PM

Wallet services such as SPV or thin-client development (also known as light-weight client) -- ie: mobile wallet infrastructure.

Also, web-wallets that act as thin client such as blockchain.info

Viz developed the node trust system with this in mind as it will help with the implementation of thin clients and mobile wallets.  In fact we just recently discussed this again.  That would be great if it is something you could contribute to.

merc84

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:45:33 PM

We just need to wait patiently (very) until Viz is ready for these moves, if past events are anything to go by then he has taken on board the community input and will act on it in due course. He is after all just one person and while I agree it would be beneficial to be open sourced so more developers can help move this project along I also respect his wish to protect his hard work before open sourcing.
macorcina

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:59:04 PM

We just need to wait patiently (very) until Viz is ready for these moves, if past events are anything to go by then he has taken on board the community input and will act on it in due course. He is after all just one person and while I agree it would be beneficial to be open sourced so more developers can help move this project along I also respect his wish to protect his hard work before open sourcing.

We just need to wait patiently (very) until >

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 30th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

If Viz continue like this, its possibility this code and hard work will stay in his computer, also,  people computers  with bad luck to trust him.
Vulpi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:05:21 PM

Hey Nexus fans! Vulpi (Steven Waldenberg) admin for the new nexusoft.io web page! Grin

I am curious to here your guys suggestion and idea for the nexusoft.io so feel free to shoot me some reply's on this thread!

Thank you,

Vulpi
merc84

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:07:40 PM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 30th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

To be fair this is the first time I have seen this warning though it definitely is not a good thing.
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 10:27:25 PM

Site's looking good Steven Smiley

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
Vulpi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:31:32 PM

Site's looking good Steven Smiley

Hey Viz could you send me a link the the nexusoft email's
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 11:23:33 PM

Yes done.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
pdogg147

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 11:25:44 PM

If Viz continue like this, its possibility this code and hard work will stay in his computer, also,  people computers  with bad luck to trust him.

Here are the stats for the past week on Bittrex:

Volume BTC 1.4206 NIRO 269,186.9168

Not sure why it got flagged just now.

Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: