Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785439 times)
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 01:54:54 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2016, 02:13:03 PM by volyova

Hello. Please could anyone tell me which exchange this coin is traded on? Where is that volume coming from? I like this coin and was going to invest, but is it true that you are two years old and are on like..zero exchanges? Thanks in advance for any replies. V.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 02:57:48 PM

Hello. Please could anyone tell me which exchange this coin is traded on? Where is that volume coming from? I like this coin and was going to invest, but is it true that you are two years old and are on like..zero exchanges? Thanks in advance for any replies. V.

its on bittrex. being on loads of exchanges doesn't make it a good coin. Its the technology behind it that does. there is no hype, no pump and dump. This coin is an investment. This next year is going to be a good one and the year after even better once first cube satellite is launched.

This next month will also be interesting to. Colin is working on the letter of intent for Vector. The new wallet is coming out with LLD and lots of other features plus base coding for the next stages of its development. Expecting a big jump once this is out.

Join the slack as well. this topic is not very active but slack is very active and a good trading channel with advice for other investments, chart analysis etc.
jeha2015

Activity: 546
Merit: 166

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:50:40 PM

i have Join in the slack dev, thankz

volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:55:25 PM

its on bittrex. being on loads of exchanges doesn't make it a good coin. Its the technology behind it that does. there is no hype, no pump and dump. This coin is an investment. This next year is going to be a good one and the year after even better once first cube satellite is launched.

This next month will also be interesting to. Colin is working on the letter of intent for Vector. The new wallet is coming out with LLD and lots of other features plus base coding for the next stages of its development. Expecting a big jump once this is out.

Join the slack as well. this topic is not very active but slack is very active and a good trading channel with advice for other investments, chart analysis etc.
Oh, thanks for your kind and prompt reply! I didn't realise it was on Bittrex. I shall join the slack.
pdogg147

Activity: 339
Merit: 266

Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 06:10:02 PM

Nexus: Taking Blockchain into the Future

Phoenix, Arizona, December 13, 7:00 pm – Colin Cantrell, the designing architect and engineer for the cryptocurrency Nexus (NXS), will be making a presentation to the Phoenix Blockchain Meetup https://www.meetup.com/blockchaintech/events/235316119/ on the deficiencies and limitations of Bitcoin and how his visionary next generation cryptocurrency Nexus, will carry cryptocurrency into the future. Bitcoin’s greatest limitation is in the fact that it is designed to be a trustless system, yet requires trust to use. This trust requirement is in the centralized mining pools, the politics, security of exchanges and online wallets, and the way the protocol operates with honest and dishonest nodes.

Bitcoin also suffers from centralized mining using ASIC computers from giant mining operations. This puts the control of Bitcoin in the hands of only a select few operators. Nexus was designed to be highly resistant to centralized control. Nexus uses a combination of Nexus Proof of Stake (nPOS) and 2 forms of proof of work algorithm: CPU mining by looking for dense prime clusters of numbers that are 308 digits long, and GPU mining calculating a hash using Skein and Keccak of 1024 bits making Nexus ultra resistant in cryptographic strength and long term use as quantum computers to continue to reach more people.

Nexus seeks to mitigate these issues with new architecture, new developmental technologies, and new physical infrastructure in order to take blockchains and crypto currencies into the future. Some other notable security features of Nexus is private keys that are 571 bit that can be 2.5 times the length of bitcoins but in retrospect multitudes stronger than what bitcoin uses which is 256 bit. Skein and Keccak hashing are also acting together to secure each other in the respect that if one of them becomes more insecure from partial or full collisions being found like SHA1 and some of the SHA2 hashing that is currently in use, it provides a fallback for the security of the second algorithm helps to secure the primary.

Bitcoin started off as an experiment sent out on a mailing list, where many thought that it never could work due to many failures in the Digital Currency front. Blockchain technology is now an integral part of the future; moving humanity away from the obsolete systems of centralized control. Bitcoin can be compared to the vacuum tube which were used for the earliest giant sized computers and radio amplifiers, Nexus is the transistor that makes it possible to have a super computer in our pockets.

Colin is an entrepreneur and innovator who used his years of experience in the aerospace industry and 13+ years of Software Engineering to develop the necessary solutions for the growth of the technological base of Crypto Currencies. Since 2014 he has been developing Nexus, after becoming involved in Bitcoin in early 2013. He also is researching and developing new energy systems that will contribute to more sustainability in the future including hydrogen, electromagnetics, provides humanity with the technology that lowers our cost of life while increases the quality of life.

Nexus is currently one of the top 100 Cryptocurrencies and is positioned itself as the next generation of cryptocurrency designed to dramatically improve the blockchain model by being able to handle more transactions, faster confirmations, 3-way decentralized block production, as well as significantly stronger encryption than Bitcoin.

This is very exciting Morpheus!  I wish I could be there in person Smiley 

teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 09:49:31 PM

Hello, does anyone know what is hashrate for rx 480 and how many nexus, can you extract, with each card?
pdogg147

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 11:51:05 PM

Hello, does anyone know what is hashrate for rx 480 and how many nexus, can you extract, with each card?

I am not sure.  Someone in our Slack #mining channel can probably tell you.  We have a lot of very knowledgeable and active miners in there. Feel free to join our Slack and ask.

SLACK AUTO-INVITE LINK: http://nexusearth.com:3000/

pdogg147

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 12:06:19 AM

Nexus: Taking Blockchain into the Future

Phoenix, Arizona, December 13, 7:00 pm – Colin Cantrell, the designing architect and engineer for the cryptocurrency Nexus (NXS), will be making a presentation to the Phoenix Blockchain Meetup https://www.meetup.com/blockchaintech/events/235316119/ on the deficiencies and limitations of Bitcoin and how his visionary next generation cryptocurrency Nexus, will carry cryptocurrency into the future. Bitcoin’s greatest limitation is in the fact that it is designed to be a trustless system, yet requires trust to use. This trust requirement is in the centralized mining pools, the politics, security of exchanges and online wallets, and the way the protocol operates with honest and dishonest nodes.

Bitcoin also suffers from centralized mining using ASIC computers from giant mining operations. This puts the control of Bitcoin in the hands of only a select few operators. Nexus was designed to be highly resistant to centralized control. Nexus uses a combination of Nexus Proof of Stake (nPOS) and 2 forms of proof of work algorithm: CPU mining by looking for dense prime clusters of numbers that are 308 digits long, and GPU mining calculating a hash using Skein and Keccak of 1024 bits making Nexus ultra resistant in cryptographic strength and long term use as quantum computers to continue to reach more people.

Nexus seeks to mitigate these issues with new architecture, new developmental technologies, and new physical infrastructure in order to take blockchains and crypto currencies into the future. Some other notable security features of Nexus is private keys that are 571 bit that can be 2.5 times the length of bitcoins but in retrospect multitudes stronger than what bitcoin uses which is 256 bit. Skein and Keccak hashing are also acting together to secure each other in the respect that if one of them becomes more insecure from partial or full collisions being found like SHA1 and some of the SHA2 hashing that is currently in use, it provides a fallback for the security of the second algorithm helps to secure the primary.

Bitcoin started off as an experiment sent out on a mailing list, where many thought that it never could work due to many failures in the Digital Currency front. Blockchain technology is now an integral part of the future; moving humanity away from the obsolete systems of centralized control. Bitcoin can be compared to the vacuum tube which were used for the earliest giant sized computers and radio amplifiers, Nexus is the transistor that makes it possible to have a super computer in our pockets.

Colin is an entrepreneur and innovator who used his years of experience in the aerospace industry and 13+ years of Software Engineering to develop the necessary solutions for the growth of the technological base of Crypto Currencies. Since 2014 he has been developing Nexus, after becoming involved in Bitcoin in early 2013. He also is researching and developing new energy systems that will contribute to more sustainability in the future including hydrogen, electromagnetics, provides humanity with the technology that lowers our cost of life while increases the quality of life.

Nexus is currently one of the top 100 Cryptocurrencies and is positioned itself as the next generation of cryptocurrency designed to dramatically improve the blockchain model by being able to handle more transactions, faster confirmations, 3-way decentralized block production, as well as significantly stronger encryption than Bitcoin.

Here is the link to the talk Videlicet gave at this Bitcoin Meetup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXRY6tNJve4&feature=youtu.be

tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:07:33 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 01:24:26 AM by tokyopotato

Here is the link to the talk Videlicet gave at this Bitcoin Meetup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXRY6tNJve4&feature=youtu.be

Very good presentation.  Lots of good questions and lots of interesting points of view.

I love that the overall goal of Nexus is not to overthrow or replace Bitcoin, but to provide Bitcoin with the technology to meet future challenges and to provide people an alternative that is not being sold as snake oil like many other cryptocurrency projects that use buzzwords like "smart contracts" and "dapps" and "DAO".  I think it's fascinating that Nexus will continue growing into a symbiosis with Bitcoin over time, as technology such as the LLD and multithreading with the LLP are developed further.

Very interesting that Colin is working with Vector Space team utilize Nexus for mesh networks with cube satellites.  That's a pretty massive goal, but there really is no better blockchain network to do this with as Colin has spent more time building the infrastructure than anyone else has spent so far on any other cryptocurrency protocol, and Colin truly understands the design parameters to ensure the security of such networks.

Bitcoin and humanity will no doubt benefit one day from Colin's innovative technology. I do believe Nexus has the potential to be the most valuable network alongside Bitcoin in the future.  I realize every cryptocurrency shill will say that about their own coin, but I am not talking about financial benefit for me, simply the facts that Nexus has Colin Cantrell and he is developing the technology that confronts some real design issues with Bitcoin.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:59:10 PM

Nexus team is investigating that some nodes have forked off the network.  Mining pools appear to be on correct chain.

Cryptopia and Bittrex are disabled at the moment while investigation underway. I would recommend not making any transactions out of wallet until more info. 

Stay calm, Colin is on it Smiley
Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:03:01 AM

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get into Nexus - the staking aspect is pretty appealing.  Where should I start?  How much would you guys recommend for a good chunk of block reward?

Looking through the exchanges, i'm noticing volume is pretty low...is that the result of everyone holding?  Wink

Cheers
lithiumviper12

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:19:16 AM

Thanks for the hard work guys.
pdogg147

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 07:03:52 AM

Thanks to some diligent work by Videlicet, the nodes are back in sync after the recent attack.  These stress attacks only help the Nexus Network become stronger and actually provide us with some useful data.

You should be able to sync your wallet using any of the recent bootstrap database files for Version 2.0.5 or Lower Level Database (LLD) depending on which you are using.  If you are still having issues, please come to our Slack and someone can help get you synced back up.  SLACK AUTO-INVITE LINK: http://nexusearth.com:3000/ 

There is also a new interim build for Linux and Windows available at the moment in our Slack. 

Deposits and withdrawals will be opened back up at Bittrex and Cryptopia once they get everything up to date.

Thanks for your patience!

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:18:26 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2016, 01:07:03 AM by pineapples

Great to see network health is looking up !!

there are some links posted in the slack for code and windows wallets..

https://github.com/Nexusoft/Nexus/tree/LLD-Stable
>>> okay here's the trick if you want to compile yourself, <<<<
to clone the correct tree, you need to use
Code:
git clone https://github.com/Nexusoft/Nexus.git Nexus-LLD-stable -b LLD-Stable

old LLD database
http://www.cestballot.fr/downn/nexus/sync-database/Nexus-LLD-Nxs2.1.0/Nexus20161026-1018728-LLD.zip

newer databases
2.1.0: http://nexusearth.com/bootstrap/LLD-Database/20161215.rar
2.0.5: http://nexusearth.com/bootstrap/2.0.5-Database/20161215.rar

i wont' post the win link because of perhaps safety,
there's a link to the nexus slack auto invite in the OP, so you can get it all the hard way Cheesy

edit, seems the git compiles to 205, so use that database.
ok.
it was my noob mistake, have correct process on how to clone now

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:49:39 AM

i had problems with the links i posted just above,

the git compiles to a 0205 version,
with the bootstrap being for 0210

i assume they are incompatible because of a version for either being available at
http://www.cestballot.fr/downn/nexus/sync-database/

and the fact my daemon ignored the newer chain.zip and went straight to starting from scratch

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Nxspool

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:36:31 PM

i assume they are incompatible because of a version for either being available at

and the fact my daemon ignored the newer chain.zip and went straight to starting from scratch

For Linux, i was able to compile the 2.2.2 wallet with the link you posted.

make -f makefile.unix

I did use the DB below for the 2.2.2 version and it didn't started from scratch:
http://nexusearth.com/bootstrap/LLD-Database/20161215.rar
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:34:18 PM

make -f makefile.unix

I did use the DB below for the 2.2.2 version and it didn't started from scratch:

How many nexus per day are produced with 1300 PPS Mining alone?
Is there any way to install the new portfolio in ubuntu?
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 01:05:36 AM

make -f makefile.unix

yeah i am unfamiliar with git cloning options, and was just cloning and compiling the main tree.
git confuses me a bit Smiley
and when i saw that link initially there was no mention of how to clone that particular tree.

i blame github, lol

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
borris123

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 07:12:12 PM

how do you compile yourself on windows? i tried googling it but couldnt grasp it.
mumus

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 07:44:04 PM

how do you compile yourself on windows? i tried googling it but couldnt grasp it.
There are several guides on the net how to build bitcoin wallet from the source. Nexus can be built in a similar way.
I used a couple of guides building all kind of coins and some of them that I remember using are:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931.0;all
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: