Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [SHAKA] Shakacoin | SHA256 | LOLWUT?!?  (Read 953 times)
wutizurkwest (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:49:40 AM

This is a placeholder.  This coin is in the planning phase, check back periodically for more information.

INTRODUCTION

I believe most altcoins derive their value as testing grounds for features that could be adopted by Bitcoin.  This is one of those.

I have one very specific feature in mind that has nothing to do with the algorithm, anonymity, or the interface.  It's an under-the-hood change that could benefit all PoW coins, and I plan to use Bitcoin-Core as the code base.  But I will not announce what the feature is until I have a working proof of concept.  When it's ready, I will need your help to prove it works outside of a lab environment.

I am creating this to improve the Bitcoin ecosystem, not profit from the gullibility of others.  There will be no pre-mine, release phases, IPOs, stock options, or ninja-launch.  All testing will be done on the Shakacoin testnet, and the blockchains will be reset prior to launch.  The date will be announced months in advance so there is plenty of time for word to get around.  It seems no altcoin can launch without somebody complaining, but I won't deliberately give anyone a reason to do so.  I am open to your ideas, whether proven or new, to help ensure the launch is as fair as possible.

The name comes from the fact that I love Hawaii, and I'm a big fan of the annual Shakacon security conference.  I hope to submit this feature as a presentation for the 2015 conference.

That is all for now.  Hang loose!

-wutizurkwest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:00:22 PM

This is a placeholder.  This coin is in the planning phase, check back periodically for more information.

INTRODUCTION

I believe most altcoins derive their value as testing grounds for features that could be adopted by Bitcoin.  This is one of those.

I have one very specific feature in mind that has nothing to do with the algorithm, anonymity, or the interface.  It's an under-the-hood change that could benefit all PoW coins, and I plan to use Bitcoin-Core as the code base.  But I will not announce what the feature is until I have a working proof of concept.  When it's ready, I will need your help to prove it works outside of a lab environment.

I am creating this to improve the Bitcoin ecosystem, not profit from the gullibility of others.  There will be no pre-mine, release phases, IPOs, stock options, or ninja-launch.  All testing will be done on the Shakacoin testnet, and the blockchains will be reset prior to launch.  The date will be announced months in advance so there is plenty of time for word to get around.  It seems no altcoin can launch without somebody complaining, but I won't deliberately give anyone a reason to do so.  I am open to your ideas, whether proven or new, to help ensure the launch is as fair as possible.

The name comes from the fact that I love Hawaii, and I'm a big fan of the annual Shakacon security conference.  I hope to submit this feature as a presentation for the 2015 conference.

That is all for now.  Hang loose!

-wutizurkwest

Okay, but SHA256? Really?
wutizurkwest (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:47:01 PM

Really really.  My hope is that the feature will be merged back into Bitcoin-Core, so the fewer the differences from that, the better.
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:49:33 PM

Why pre-ann not finished coin?
bish5555

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

@bleeprepeat

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:37:35 PM

Jah Shaka meets Pepper - Money + Expensive Dub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYVWXE2Bkg

wutizurkwest (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:24:48 AM

Why pre-ann not finished coin?

I wanted to publicly reserve the name.  Too many good names are being taken and the domains are getting harder to find, and I need something to put in the code.

Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:11:31 AM

If you need help building the coin PM me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: