Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:41:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TJC] TJCoin(formerly TaojingCoin) | New Algo: Ocean | Cpu only | No IPO  (Read 9793 times)
dez82

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:06:15 AM

Super high pool fees Embarrassed

EverGreenCoin faucet! Get some free EverGreenCoin!

http://Coin-Faucet.com/EGC/?r=384

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ig0tik3d
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:56:14 AM

something wrong with official pool...  http://pool.tjcoin.org
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:56:27 AM

Exchange isn't working!
cqzzbszz

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:52:50 PM

Exchange isn't working!
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:12:25 AM

Dead coin?
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 12:45:10 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 04:09:37 PM by teknohog

Damn, I have such great timing! Cheesy

I found this thread while looking for coins that use the JH hash. I just released a GPU miner for Primio (JH-256) last week.

From ocean.cpp it looks like this is also standard JH-256, so I tried one of the pools. It didn't work at first, but it only took a small modification (exposed as the --tjcoin option).

So now I have a working GPU miner, one day late from the bounty:

https://github.com/teknohog/sph-sgminer

Just use the primio kernel, with the extra option --tjcoin. For the pools, you'll also need "--difficulty-multiplier 0.0000152587890625".

If anyone would still like to donate me some coin, use some of the coins/addresses here. (I don't even have a working Tjcoin wallet yet -- the unix makefile still refers to litecoin, but I think that can be fixed Smiley)

Edit: wallet compiled, donations welcome at JK9zKzpbEsqqKUpghA9jKRHtFMMPVDtJtr Smiley

Edit: For the yesmm pool, difficulty multiplier 1/65536 = 1.52587890625e-05 = 0.0000152587890625 seems to work. This might vary by the pool, another common number is 1/256. Setting the multiplier too high will still get your shares accepted, but you miss a lot of potential, lower shares.

Yet another edit: As seen in the Primio post, I get about 40 Mhash/s on a 5870, and 65 on a 7970. Also, I don't do Windows, so don't ask me about it -- I'm sure someone else can compile the binaries, this is just another (sph-)sgminer fork.

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
ddfd1

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:44:19 PM

WE NEED GPU MINER Shocked
ElliottHe

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:11:57 PM

Damn, I have such great timing! Cheesy

I found this thread while looking for coins that use the JH hash. I just released a GPU miner for Primio (JH-256) last week.

From ocean.cpp it looks like this is also standard JH-256, so I tried one of the pools. It didn't work at first, but it only took a small modification (exposed as the --tjcoin option).

So now I have a working GPU miner, one day late from the bounty:

https://github.com/teknohog/sph-sgminer

Just use the primio kernel, with the extra option --tjcoin. For the pools, you'll also need "--difficulty-multiplier 0.0000152587890625".

If anyone would still like to donate me some coin, use some of the coins/addresses here. (I don't even have a working Tjcoin wallet yet -- the unix makefile still refers to litecoin, but I think that can be fixed Smiley)

Edit: wallet compiled, donations welcome at JK9zKzpbEsqqKUpghA9jKRHtFMMPVDtJtr Smiley

Edit: For the yesmm pool, difficulty multiplier 1/65536 = 1.52587890625e-05 = 0.0000152587890625 seems to work. This might vary by the pool, another common number is 1/256. Setting the multiplier too high will still get your shares accepted, but you miss a lot of potential, lower shares.

Yet another edit: As seen in the Primio post, I get about 40 Mhash/s on a 5870, and 65 on a 7970. Also, I don't do Windows, so don't ask me about it -- I'm sure someone else can compile the binaries, this is just another (sph-)sgminer fork.
Are you able to take over this coin? No one is maintaining it now. The wallet sync of this coin is the fastest one I have seen so far.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
teknohog

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 05:46:29 PM

WE NEED GPU MINER Shocked
See the post right before yours Smiley

To build this under Linux, do something like this
Code:
git clone https://github.com/teknohog/sph-sgminer
cd sph-sgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure
make -j2
and for usage see my earlier post and/or https://github.com/teknohog/sph-sgminer/blob/master/doc/primio.md

I don't know what to do with other OSes, but there are plenty of people here who build the binaries, it's all from the same sources.

teknohog

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:14:35 PM

Are you able to take over this coin?
I think I already did that, with my single GPU easily doing a 51% Grin

No one is maintaining it now. The wallet sync of this coin is the fastest one I have seen so far.
Oh, you mean maintaining Wink

I think I might be able to do some technical maintenance. It might be interesting to learn the ins and outs, as it helps to understand other Bitcoin-derived coins; I don't really code all that much, and for coins, I've only done some miners and helper scripts -- not the actual client/network stuff. (I'm a physicist/math student, and I like low level algorithm/logic stuff Smiley)

In fact, I've never even used the Qt clients of any coins, just the commandline daemon with my own scripts. I could probably learn to code the Qt side too, but then there are Windows ans OSX clients too...

Also, I'm not much into all the community stuff, promotion etc. that goes with maintaining a coin.

All in all, I think can be there for (some of) the technical stuff, but I can't exactly see myself as the sole project leader. It's great to see that my GPU miner effort was not wasted and the coin is still alive, but I don't have any grand plan to go on with, besides basic bugfixes.

So let's at least keep the discussion alive. Where shall we take this coin (apart from the Moon)?

teknohog

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:59:44 PM

Where shall we take this coin (apart from the Moon)?
More importantly, where are we now with this coin? What are you guys doing with it?

So far, I've only managed to sell a tiny bit of them at ecoinfund, before they closed it Undecided and I cannot find anything else to do with it, as my Chinese is not very fluent. (我的汉语不好, or something.)

ElliottHe

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:25:41 AM

Where shall we take this coin (apart from the Moon)?
More importantly, where are we now with this coin? What are you guys doing with it?

So far, I've only managed to sell a tiny bit of them at ecoinfund, before they closed it Undecided and I cannot find anything else to do with it, as my Chinese is not very fluent. (我的汉语不好, or something.)

The original DEV almost gave up... This is NOT a coin that just clone with others. It has the innovation with it's unique algorithm and fast wallet sync up, however the promotion and operation was not done well. The community limits to a Chinese group only. People here doubt about this coin without looking deeply into the source code. It's really not a scam.

Anyone can incorporate the popular ANON feature into this coin would lead it into a great success, I believe.

PM me if you have any more questions.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
eastwind_ja

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:28:32 AM

can this coin reborn?

ElliottHe

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:35:03 AM

can this coin reborn?

Probably. It still has the foundation of a group Chinese fan.

thinker-jone

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:57:36 AM

can this coin reborn?

no, it can't reborn, because it's a shit coin.
ElliottHe

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:43:29 AM

can this coin reborn?

Why it's a shit coin?

teknohog

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 09:02:34 PM

Why it's a shit coin?
I'd really like to know what you can do with this coin. If you can answer that, then there's your anti-shitcoin argument. I wouldn't call this coin shit, but technical viability is not enough, you need services, exchanges and all that.

For a fun anecdote, "TJ" has a special meaning for young men in Finland. We have military conscription, and the main service lasts for 6 to 12 months. Guys under service are eager to count down how many days they have left. They say "TJ 72" for "72 (days) left today". (tänään = today, jäljellä = left)

So my problem is, I now have more TJ than I have days left on the Earth. What should I do with them?

tjcoin (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:47:50 AM

Why it's a shit coin?
I'd really like to know what you can do with this coin. If you can answer that, then there's your anti-shitcoin argument. I wouldn't call this coin shit, but technical viability is not enough, you need services, exchanges and all that.

For a fun anecdote, "TJ" has a special meaning for young men in Finland. We have military conscription, and the main service lasts for 6 to 12 months. Guys under service are eager to count down how many days they have left. They say "TJ 72" for "72 (days) left today". (tänään = today, jäljellä = left)

So my problem is, I now have more TJ than I have days left on the Earth. What should I do with them?

TJcoin v2 is open source crypto coin.
It's still live.
It's  with  new algo named Ocean ,  It's not a shit coin.
The coin with fastest sync time!
Developer is still live too. but he is busy with his family and jus be farther somedays ago.

ig0tik3d
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:54:54 AM

It's still live.
whats happened with official pool?? still live?)))
teknohog

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 01:16:53 PM

TJcoin v2 is open source crypto coin.
It's still live.
It's  with  new algo named Ocean ,  It's not a shit coin.
The coin with fastest sync time!
Developer is still live too. but he is busy with his family and jus be farther somedays ago.
Great to hear from you! Thanks for all your work, and congratulations! Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: