Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:50:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [close]  (Read 8189 times)
cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:57:30 AM

Will there be an invoice included? Like the original invoice, because I read the seal and was wondering what happens if the phone is messed up after buying (not saying your phone is faulty beforehand)

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:01:23 PM

Please understand I don't imply you are trying to scam anyone, not by far. I'm just stating facts, and the fact is that it realy is suspicious that is a fake seal on top of the original one. It is also a fact that it is fake because I know how an original seal looks like, it doesn't have those pixels on the samsung sign and it's glued on the package on all of it's surface and yours doesn't respect any of this, plus the fact that you can clearly see that there is another seal underneath it. It stated clear that you shouldn't accept the product if the seal was tempered with but you did it. Is it because you didn't noticed? But now that you know don't you want to find out if you have been scamed?
      If you search on google something like "received samsung with broken seal" or anything similar you will find thousands of cases that users have received bad products, refurbished ones and in some cases nothing at all purchased from legitimate website. You should never be 100% confident of anything, especially when there are signs that may imply otherwise.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:08:23 PM

yeah, definitely fake samsung seal sticker

EDIT: but that doesn't say it's fake or there is a potato inside, maybe OP might have used the phone to test for few days but wants to sell it as brand new
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:37:51 PM

EDIT: but that doesn't say it's fake or there is a potato inside, maybe OP might have used the phone to test for few days but wants to sell it as brand new

Absolutely not, I have not opened or used this at all, nor did I place that sticker there.

This is exactly how I received it, and its never been opened.  The only thing i can think of is since this is an internationally unlocked phone, that the underseal is in another language.  I can peel the top one off to check if anyone is legitimately interested.

And the underseal is not broken, I can also post a close up of the other end where the IMEI stickers are.
jonsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:12:46 PM

Absolutely not, I have not opened or used this at all, nor did I place that sticker there.

This is exactly how I received it, and its never been opened.  The only thing i can think of is since this is an internationally unlocked phone, that the underseal is in another language.  I can peel the top one off to check if anyone is legitimately interested.

And the underseal is not broken, I can also post a close up of the other end where the IMEI stickers are.

It is quite possible you are right about this. I just noticed the seal and it didn't feelt right. You can check your phone by imei here: http://www.imei.info/news/2013-09/54437-samsung-warranty-check/.
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:21:56 PM

This is exactly how I received it, and its never been opened.  The only thing i can think of is since this is an internationally unlocked phone, that the underseal is in another language.  I can peel the top one off to check if anyone is legitimately interested.

It is quite possible you are right about this. I just noticed the seal and it didn't feelt right. You can check your phone by imei here: http://www.imei.info/news/2013-09/54437-samsung-warranty-check/.

Thanks for that, I never knew they offered that.  I will post a ss of the warantee & imei check which should come back as valid as this has never been used, or registered through samsung.  I know samsung devices all have a unique mfg date as well which can be used to verify warantee info also.
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:28:57 PM

After doing some research on broken seals on new samsung devices (this one isn't broken but I see some people have bought samsungs with broken seals and another one on top), I found this:

"The item sold is new, all Samsung items are inspected by Samsung when they arrive in the UK, this requires the original seal to be broken, Samsung replace the seal with an official Samsung seal to re-assure customers that the items are brand new"

So my best guess is that since this is an internationally activated phone, the first seal is in another language and was covered up by samsung.  And it sounds like anyone who has seen a broken seal on a "new" phone probably had their phone randomly selected for quality check after an overseas shipment.

To me I cannot believe a company that makes such high end products would use this method, but as far as I can tell that is whats going on here.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:31:22 PM

point is, you won't be able to sell it as brand new because it looks like the seal might have been tampered with and did you know you can buy these seal stickers easily? i am not saying yours is but there is quite a lot of fakes going about. it should have another seal with barcodes and imei number, can you provide hd photo of that?
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:59:45 PM

point is, you won't be able to sell it as brand new because it looks like the seal might have been tampered with and did you know you can buy these seal stickers easily? i am not saying yours is but there is quite a lot of fakes going about. it should have another seal with barcodes and imei number, can you provide hd photo of that?

Yes I will later today.  I will repeat, NEITHER OF THE SEALS ARE BROKEN, one is covered, so my guess is the one covered up is in another language.

And no the phone has never been used at all, so it is brand new.

I've never seen fakes of the S5, only Note 3 clones.
jonsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:09:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbb2LQPdFTo
http://blog.laptopmag.com/galaxy-s5-clone
http://grudgets.com/cheapest-samsung-galaxy-s5-clones-reviewed/
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:17:40 PM

ok there is such a thing.  This is not one of them obviously.  You have not uncovered a scam attempt in any way shape or form although I can see several people are going to put quite a bit of effort to make it out to look like I am hiding something, which I am not.

Phone is still for sale, if seriously interested PM me.  

EDIT: WARNING: THAT LAST LINK JONSI JUST POSTED IS A MALICIOUS SITE, BEWARE OF THAT LINK!  It attempted ot download an .exe file and my security software said the IP address it was comign from would be blocked. Dude dont post spammy site links!
clubminer

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Let's get rich together

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:23:50 PM

I think 0.7BTC is good price, because that's not included tax if international shipping.

jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:28:46 PM

I think 0.7BTC is good price, because that's not included tax if international shipping.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks I couldnt go that low
DailyDogeCoin.com

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:31:50 PM

I can do .9BTC if you can get an escrow.

jonsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:35:45 PM

ok there is such a thing.  This is not one of them obviously.  You have not uncovered a scam attempt in any way shape or form although I can see several people are going to put quite a bit of effort to make it out to look like I am hiding something, which I am not.

Phone is still for sale, if seriously interested PM me.  

EDIT: WARNING: THAT LAST LINK JONSI JUST POSTED IS A MALICIOUS SITE, BEWARE OF THAT LINK!  It attempted ot download an .exe file and my security software said the IP address it was comign from would be blocked. Dude dont post spammy site links!

I already stated that I don't think you are trying to scam anyone, just that you said there aren't any S5 clones and I showed you a few. I don't know anything about the last link, I just google it up and my antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials) didn't detect anything, if it's a malicious link I wouldn't know.

-edit-
 What security software do you use? Can someone confirm the malicious site so that I know and change my antivirus?
-edit-
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:36:53 PM

I can do .9BTC if you can get an escrow.

If you can go 0.95 I'd say deal, and I have used Nightowlace as a solid escrow.  Let me know if your interested.
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:47:25 PM

Symantec endpoint protection.  It popped up a download of a file names "setup.exe," then I closed out and clicked it again to see if it was that site and my antivirus popped up a message saying it was blocking access from some IP address.
jonsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:03:16 PM

Thx. It is possible, I have all automated downloads turned off, all popups blocked and some more securities in place. I work with bitcoins and you can never be to cautions.
 And I have nothing against you selling your phone, I really do belive you are a honest seller, it's just the way I am, I put the bad before the good.
Good luck with your sale.
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:33:36 PM

Fair enough, I hope I have alleviated anyones concerns, and I can open the phone before shipping if anyone would like pics of everything contained in the box.
DailyDogeCoin.com

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:03:17 PM

Will this work with TMOBILE 4G? How about Sprint if I switch?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: