Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:37:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Wallet + Facebook apply for banking license  (Read 1874 times)
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:00:49 PM

Google is a search engine, that's what they do better than anyone else  ... they could be better amazon/ebay and find/match a potencial buyer to a potencial seller ... if they going to spend their resources trying to be bank, soon another search engine will take over their position ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:38:47 AM

Isn't Google Wallet backed by your credit card? Credit card chargebacks are far easier than a double spend, so why would a company need guaranteed credit at point of sale? There is no such thing as guaranteed credit besides cash in hand. Therefore google wallet doesn't seem to be any better to me than bitcoin.

Anyways, by the time google wallet really catches on (its been out for a good while now) the bitcoin community will have solved the micropayment and quick confirmation problems.
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:45:10 AM

Hmm, so it looks like Facebook and google will become good ole banks? I know that google has a jump start, In my state they have a money transmitter license. But, since both google and facebook reach so many people across the globe, it does make sense.. Add bitcoin and maybe a couple of good Alt coins to that.. Bingo.. they are in business..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: