Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you trust Bruce Wagner?  (Voting closed: March 24, 2012, 01:06:53 PM)
Yes - 5 (7.4%)
No - 17 (25%)
No, I think he is a Con Man - 31 (45.6%)
Not Sure - 7 (10.3%)
Who's Bruce Wagner? - 8 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust Bruce Wagner? (Poll)  (Read 2264 times)
SysRun (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 01:06:53 PM

I don't really know, but I'd like to hear what all of you think.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 01:36:10 PM

No. Sure he seems like a nice guy, but con men usually do, that's their job description.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Liam W

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 01:46:53 PM

Who's brice wagner?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 02:05:42 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2012, 03:35:22 PM by BadBear

Who's brice wagner?

A self appointed bitcoin "spokesman" who turned out to have been involved with some shady activities.  Don't really want to get into it, it's been beaten to death here, but this thread is a good primer if you want to read about it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40404.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40317.0

Just my personal opinion. There's no legal decision I know of beyond a civil suit, so it may not be enough for criminal court, but it's enough for me to feel uncomfortable with him.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:22:08 PM

The fact that there are so many accusations against the guy actually gives him cred to me. The folks that control the fiat system, the Freemasons, love to discredit people - its their main attack.

I'm grumpy!!
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:29:42 PM

The fact that there are so many accusations against the guy actually gives him cred to me.

That's a unique perspective. Tell me something, just for a bit of background... Do you regularly use mind altering drugs?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 11:50:27 PM

Do you regularly use mind altering drugs?
Relevance?

SysRun (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 12:03:11 AM

Do you regularly use mind altering drugs?
Relevance?
Objection overruled.

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 12:10:00 AM

?? So, the profile show he last posted in August 2011.  Why is this here six months later?
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 12:55:15 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2012, 02:48:50 AM by SysRun

?? So, the profile show he last posted in August 2011.  Why is this here six months later?

for the reading impaired, "I'd like to hear what all of you think."

<edit>Hey, remember this post? It pretty well answered your question Patrick. If that's not a satisfactory answer, I apologize.

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:38:00 AM

?? So, the profile show he last posted in August 2011.  Why is this here six months later?

I don't mind being called impaired, it goes with the "retarded" comment I've received elsewhere.

What I think is it is odd that we're being asked an opinion of a forum member that has not posted in the last six months.  I think I'd like to know why my (and others) are being polled for their opinion.
Vicente

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 03:20:47 AM

The following message is being parroted from Matthew N. Wright who is standing beside me.

The story of Bold Funding.

As you can see, I've never been in hiding.   Clearly.    Smiley
That's why you stopped responding, closed your website's chat functions, opened up a moderated google message board and delete anyone who asks questions about your legitimacy? Riiight. No one hiding here!

Back in 2004, Ed and I started a business to try to help people save their homes from foreclosure.   We were taught by someone in Michigan who was very successful at it.
We'll get to "what" they were taught in just a bit and our theory on "by whom"..

The idea was:   We matched up an interested investor, with someone facing foreclosure.
So they basically ask people up front for money on both ends, then figure out the rest later and if anything bad happens, they don't give refunds to either party.

If the homeowner had enough equity in their home, it could work.   The homeowner would voluntarily sell their home to the investor, thus freeing up the equity they had in thier home... while paying off the mortgage company... and preventing the foreclosure.   Then, they would immediately buy their home back from the investor on a "land contract".

The whole process was a win-win.   The homeowner would not lose their home.  The equity that was freed up was enough to pay the investor a decent fee for extending his credit and risk, and there was usually enough for a small fee for us, and often even cash back to the homeowner.   Everyone wins.   Everyone was happy.    Even the mortgage company was happy... being paid off in full.

It was actually a brilliant idea... which had barely ever been done before.   And it helped many people save their homes.

Yet when the courts asked him to provide proof of even one person he helped, he couldn't. Interesting. So we already deduce he is a liar and/or delusional.

What happened though... in short is.... We were a victum of our own success.  At the same time that we had just begun a radio advertising campaign... mortgage foreclosures hit an all time high. We were suddenly swamped with applications to process.
Is anyone else confused as to how to solve this problem? Stop accepting applications until you handle the existing ones? Sounds like a case of greed.

We hired more people as fast as we could, but there was no time to train them.   It was a disaster.   A management and planning disaster.   As a result, we dropped the ball.   We did not get applications processed fast enough.

We had every single applicant sign a contract -- and with their signature notorized -- stating that they understood clearly that there was no guarantee that we would be able to match them with a suitable investor.   No guarantee that we would be able to save their home.

Of course, we needed to charge a deposit in order to pay for the weeks worth of processing paperwork that was needed in order to deterine their deed, their mortgages, determine their equity, get appraisals on the property... then try to match them with suitable investors.

The whole thing was a miserable failure.
Okay so he claims the the money that they got from all those people was all spent on processing and normal business expenses (unlikely) but what if it's true... what does that make him? It would mean he's not a scammer, right? Okay. So he's a horribly reckless and ignorant businessman-- all the more reason to stay away from him as any kind of spokesperson for Bitcoin.

But wait.. there's more..

Bold Funding helps hundreds of people each and every year.  We’ve been proud members of the Better Business Bureau for 12 years, and have attorneys on staff to fight for you, but don’t let one more day slip away…

Don’t be taken by others pretending to be experts.  We are the only company in the USA doing exactly what we do.  We specialize in only one thing – saving your home from foreclosure.

I believe the judge who ruled against Bruce in court called it something like "gross misrepresentation" and "downright fraud". He basically made up a fake company history to lure people in and get them to believe a story about them having 'hundreds of locations' or some bullshit.

Okay, so he's not a scammer, just a liar, a hype-machine, a self-important, etc.

When people panicked because they couldn't get answers from us fast enough...  they freaked out.   They complained to the BBB, and all the way up.

Bold Funding was a disaster.  We got overwhelmed with applications.  So many applications that.... even tho we tried... it was hopeless to try to process them all.  As a result, people were let down.  It was never our intention to harm nor defraud anyone.  We were not present at the proceedings for the civil lawsuit against us, at the advice of our legal council.  And that was only a CIVIL trial, by the way.  No criminal charges were ever filed.  The case is closed for the government too.  The statute of limitations is 6 years, and they never considered the case worthy.
Uhh. There was a ruling against him for something like $200k if I remember correctly, and he didn't show up for court, moved out of the state, and ignored any requests for that money because of statue of limitations on the debt? So he's avoiding paying people back and giving excuses. Starting to look a bit scammy on top of merely negligent, self important, liar, etc.

People who know me, know that I have been promoting bitcoins, accepting cash deposits and delivering bitcoins in exchange, and I never defraud anyone.

We were only trying to run a business which would help people.  It's just that we failed miserably.

I live with the pain of knowing that we let people down who were hoping that we could help them save their homes.... and faster.   But all in all, we were only able save a small percentage of the homes we were tasked with.

It was never fraud.   It was mismanagement.    And we learned a LOT of lessons from that experience.     Lessons we will never forget.

Apparently he already forgot the lessons, because as soon as he got into Bitcoin, he tried his best to make himself as important and -in control- as possible. He basically tries to do what Tony of BitPay and Roger Ver of MemoryDealers does, but does it much less effectively and always makes it about himself.

Stop arguing if he's a scammer or not and look at how he does business. You don't have to be a scammer to operate your businesses 'scammy', which we've proven (and Bruce continues to prove daily) he does. He got a message from a troll who was just gagging about a restaurant that was going to accept BTC at 100 locations or some dumb shit and wihtout even confirming, jumps straight to his so-called "media" channel and starts advertising that he personally "got a major restaurant chain in the US to accept Bitcoin" and was "personally working with them to get it tested" all the while begging the community for "ideas on how to get it implemented?".

This is how Bruce works-- he makes a statement about something he knows nothing about, or a claim, then works double time to try to make it truth.

In response to OP, no one trusts Bruce for this reason. Who cares if he scammed or not. He's a scummy fuck who tried to bring the Bitcoin community into his love of Thailand boys (yes, he posted that he has sex with Thai boys and that he recommends you tip them after having sex) and then tried to hype some silly cruise trip to Thailand, the same city where he talked about in previous 6+ year old blogs how he loved the boys there.

Open your eyes.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 03:52:37 PM

I don't mind being called impaired, it goes with the "retarded" comment I've received elsewhere.

What I think is it is odd that we're being asked an opinion of a forum member that has not posted in the last six months.  I think I'd like to know why my (and others) are being polled for their opinion.

I was guessing it's a business that wants to know if they should advertise there or not. That's why I think it's a mostly relevant thread for trading discussion. Either that or one of Bruce's friends seeing if he can come back without everybody making a stink.   

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:19:02 PM

Bruce Wagner is a talk show host. There was a previous thread that mentioned thousands of ex-cons as talk show hosts. Even a leading Republican nominee contender is nothing but a two-bit talk show host I wouldn't trust with a child's piggy-bank. As a talk show host, I think Bruce Wagner is just fine.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Vicente

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:22:17 PM

Bruce Wagner is a talk show host. There was a previous thread that mentioned thousands of ex-cons as talk show hosts. Even a leading Republican nominee contender is nothing but a two-bit talk show host I wouldn't trust with a child's piggy-bank. As a talk show host, I think Bruce Wagner is just fine.

Eww. You think how he belittles every person on his show, fidgets and constantly looks at his phone or other devices, makes other people wait on him, asks questions only that he reads, constantly tries to talk about himself, and talks for 60 minutes about something that could have been talked about in 5 minutes is "fine"?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:24:00 PM

Eww. You think how he belittles every person on his show, fidgets and constantly looks at his phone or other devices, makes other people wait on him, asks questions only that he reads, constantly tries to talk about himself, and talks for 60 minutes about something that could have been talked about in 5 minutes is "fine"?
You don't like his show, then don't watch it. Make your own show and STFU!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Vicente

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:24:34 PM

We do make our own show! LOL.
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:25:00 PM

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in so far.

I'd like to make it clear that I am not associated with Bruce Wagner in any way.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:25:21 PM

Now your hidden agenda comes out.

Vicente

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:27:15 PM

Our "hidden agenda" is that we hated Bruce's show so much, we made our own (at first just to make fun of him). You know I am Vicente, as in, Bittalk.TV photographer Vicente right? lol
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:28:43 PM

For the purpose of this poll, I think it would be more effective if we heard opinions instead of rebuttal upon rebuttal. Feel free to PM each other for the back-and-forth.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:29:15 PM

Our "hidden agenda" is that we hated Bruce's show so much, we made our own (at first just to make fun of him). You know I am Vicente, as in, Bittalk.TV photographer Vicente right? lol
So you feel you have to make personal attacks against your competition? Save it for your show that no one watches.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:30:19 PM

For the purpose of this poll, I think it would be more effective if we heard opinions instead of rebuttal upon rebuttal. Feel free to PM each other for the back-and-forth.
I asked for this thread to be removed long ago. The forum admins think it's fine. I'll invite you to close the thread.

SysRun (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:35:15 PM

I'm sorry that this thread is upsetting to you cbeast. It is not meant to be offensive to anyone.

The poll will close in a little under a month.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: