Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the Blockchain Apple App? Its been over a month.  (Read 2350 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:01:49 AM

I guess they don't want to get in on the biggest mobile market in the world.

Bummer.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:21:26 AM

Valid point. I wonder if it's stuck in approval?

I still have the old one working, wrong aspect ratio and all.  Grin
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:52:09 AM

Valid point. I wonder if it's stuck in approval?

I still have the old one working, wrong aspect ratio and all.  Grin
In which Apple and its users find out that screwing people around has its costs.
SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:09:27 AM

Surely it's an apple issue and not blockchain. I'd be disappointed if blockchain didn't have an app ready prior to the announcement.

NEM
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:58:33 AM

I'm almost positive it's an issue with Apple. Has blockchain.info provided any information about this? It seems weird that it's taken so long to reappear on the app store.
Finchy

Activity: 315

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:22:54 AM

I'm lucky that I managed to get it before they stupidly took it off. I hope they're not just stalling with some bullshit.
Godye Scaro X9

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:00:39 AM

Perhaps the relationship between Apple and Blockchain has soured (due to Apple deleting Blockchain's app from their app store) to the point where the latter doesn't want to work with the former anymore. Sad
davida

Activity: 585

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:15:18 AM

Bummer.

I heard that android is now on 80% of mobile devices sold,  and blockchain.info have had the the android app out for ages so I pretty sure you can say they are 'in' on it already.    

not only that, Blockchain.info are still offering the app wallet if your idevice runs cydia and also many people still have the old copy on there iphone already from before it was removed from itunes.

Finally considering that a lot of bitcoin users hate everything apple stands for, i'd think this is a smaller percentage of the potential market that you are imagining.

edit:  i have had the iphone 4 for few years now so i don't necessarily dislike apple, well, no more that I dislike google/android.
fivejonnyfive

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:08:21 AM

Bummer.

I heard that android is now on 80% of mobile devices sold,  and blockchain.info have had the the android app out for ages so I pretty sure you can say they are 'in' on it already.    

not only that, Blockchain.info are still offering the app wallet if your idevice runs cydia and also many people still have the old copy on there iphone already from before it was removed from itunes.

Finally considering that a lot of bitcoin users hate everything apple stands for, i'd think this is a smaller percentage of the potential market that you are imagining.

edit:  i have had the iphone 4 for few years now so i don't necessarily dislike apple, well, no more that I dislike google/android.

I totally get that a lot of folks involved in bitcoin are the sort to loathe Apple's "walled garden" approach to apps, but at the same time, is not the goal here for bitcoin to go mainstream? Well crafted wallet apps from reputable, reliable sources are truly needed to further adoption, don't you think?
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 11:18:45 AM

I believe they are getting to it. It is not their top priority at the moment. I would personally want them to offer a wallet recovery tool first (which can extract keys from their json backup).
Brooker

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:20:19 AM

Bummer.

I've had an iphone for a couple of years now but I wont be going back to them because of stuff like this they pull. Apple/the iphone is still a big market at one that bitcoin needs really as a a hell of a lot of people have iphones and wont chose anything else, though they are slowly losing the marketshare to other competitive devices.
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:42:44 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 02:57:44 PM by abercrombie

Bummer.

True, market share dominated by Android but the real money is in iOS.  iOS users are more likely to make purchases with their online wallets than their Android counterparts.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/27/iosandroid-app-revenue-gap-narrows-but-ios-still-miles-ahead/
davida

Activity: 585

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:53:58 AM

Bummer.

True, market share dominated by Android but the real money is in iOS.  iOS users are more likely to make purchases with their online wallets than their Android counterparts.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/27/iosandroid-app-revenue-gap-narrows-but-ios-still-miles-ahead/

oh yea, that's interesting, i didn't consider that... So although android is on 80% of devices sold, a lot of these devices are minimum spec, sold in poorer countries where users are a lot less likely to have free income to waste on in app purchases etc.

Although, a bitcoin wallet app could become the new banking system in some of these poorer countries, where android usage is probably much higher than 80%

I agree the blockchain.info wallet app should be available on itunes again, but my point is that I don't think there wouldn't be much more than a few thousand downloads if they were to release it todAY!!!!

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:27:20 AM

I'm lucky that I managed to get it before they stupidly took it off. I hope they're not just stalling with some bullshit.
Same here, but I don't use it often because it's not possible to lower the 0.0005 BTC transaction fee Angry

“The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks”
scribbles

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:43:26 AM

From recent news, it looks like we might not see a native app anytime soon. Below is a quote from CEO Nicolas Cary.

When I asked Cary whether the company has plans to come back to iOS, his answer was “yes, as soon as possible.” But it might not be in the App Store at first. “We are building an HTML5 wallet, and we’ve built a pairing solution for credentials,” he said. “We completely reengineered the QR code reader to work in HTML5. We’ll be open-sourcing that as well.”

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/19/blockchain-releases-new-android-wallet-app-to-put-bitcoin-into-everyones-hands/

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀