Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:58:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-06-20] Wired: Mt. Gox CEO Returns to Twitter, Infuriates Burned Investors  (Read 2025 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 11:05:18 AM

Mt. Gox CEO Returns to Twitter, Infuriates Burned Investors

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/karpeles/

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinMode

Activity: 417
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:44:38 PM

1-line Poem: Kermit Karpeles

The fat French frog fathoms future fruitful frauds.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:11:46 PM

This guy is unbelievable.
How he is not in jail is behind me, people have to be responsible for their actions!
I hope he chokes on the noodles...
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:30:33 PM

How he is not in jail is behind me, people have to be responsible for their actions!

hopefully we see him in jail in some years. these cases take looooong.

http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-victims-angered-mark-karpeles-twitter-return/

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:37:11 PM

“He continues to be oblivious about his own failure and the pain he has caused others,” says Andreas Antonopoulos, the CSO with bitcoin wallet-maker Blockchain who helped Karpeles with some technical issues as Mt. Gox was collapsing. “He is confirming that he is a self-absorbed narcissist with an inflated sense of self-confidence who has no remorse.”

Leave it to Andreas to tell it like it is.  Hard to believe he's showing himself et all imho.  Absolutely amazing and not in a good way.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:42:52 AM

interesting investigation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=659422.0

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:09:36 PM

I lost all of my respect for Japan, after they refused to extradite him to the United States. But still, 5 people lost more than BTC10,000 in Mt Gox, while some 90+ lost more than BTC1,000. Some of them are obviously bad people. So keep running Mark!
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 04:23:01 PM

I lost all of my respect for Japan, after they refused to extradite him to the United States. But still, 5 people lost more than BTC10,000 in Mt Gox, while some 90+ lost more than BTC1,000. Some of them are obviously bad people. So keep running Mark!

I don't understand why he should be sent to US???

It was Japanese company, yes?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:18:37 PM

There is an extradition request from the United States. Most of the people who lost their money were from the United States. And more, Mt Gox is having some of its assets located within the US, such as network servers.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 06:39:01 PM

There is an extradition request from the United States. Most of the people who lost their money were from the United States. And more, Mt Gox is having some of its assets located within the US, such as network servers.

Gotcha; so does having Mark Karpeles physically in the US change any of the proceedings against Mtgox?

Or does that just allow subpoenas to be filed against him directly?

Fold for spending BTCs

nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:13:24 PM

Gotcha; so does having Mark Karpeles physically in the US change any of the proceedings against Mtgox?

If memory serves didn't he officially refuse coming to the states because of alleged death threats?  From what I recall the closest he was willing to get was video link from Taiwan or something.

Gimme the crypto!!
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:48:00 PM

If memory serves didn't he officially refuse coming to the states because of alleged death threats?  From what I recall the closest he was willing to get was video link from Taiwan or something.

I'll be making a lot of important decisions based on your very sound research...

Fold for spending BTCs

bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:53:37 PM

The only reason I can think of as to why he is doing this is to take the pressure off him. But, to me, it looks like it s backfiring. If he were to step one foot inside the usa, he would be arrested. Wouldn't surprise me if charges were brought here and we tried to extradite him..
Finchy

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:59:31 PM

I'm sure he'll end up in jail at some point. Didnt he already get in trouble for minor fraud as a kid or something?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:31:44 PM

If memory serves didn't he officially refuse coming to the states because of alleged death threats?  From what I recall the closest he was willing to get was video link from Taiwan or something.

I'll be making a lot of important decisions based on your very sound research...

Well we know for certain that he moved 'offices' when the Bitcoin users tracked him down for 'security reasons' ( If I remember the article in question correctly ) he can't be that confident where he is if he's taking all these steps, I think he knows he's pissed off a lot of people, I don't know about you but I would never actually just 'lose' that amount of Bitcoins.

I think he's stashed those coins somewhere safe and he's planning to bolt when the Japanese authorities are busy putting the case together or if they are too stupid to figure out what's happened he'll just walk away from it all.
CoinMode

Activity: 417

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:50:05 PM

I'm sure he'll end up in jail at some point. Didnt he already get in trouble for minor fraud as a kid or something?

Yes, he has been a life long scam artist. It is all that he knows how to do, unfortunately, and so he will meet a bad end one way or another. No need for us to lower ourselves down to the point of wishing death upon people. Death to Ghash.IO? Yes, I support that, but not wishing it on a person.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:52:59 PM

Yes, he has been a life long scam artist. It is all that he knows how to do, unfortunately, and so he will meet a bad end one way or another. No need for us to lower ourselves down to the point of wishing death upon people. Death to Ghash.IO? Yes, I support that, but not wishing it on a person.

Exactly, wish death on the systems that support people like this, but not the people themselves, they just belong in jail.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:03:00 AM

Exactly, wish death on the systems that support people like this, but not the people themselves, they just belong in jail.

He should have been imprisoned ages ago. But right now, he is moving from one expensive five-star hotel in Tokyo to another, with his loyal bodyguard. I wouldn't wish him death, because I lost only BTC0.001 on Mt Gox. But what about those who lost 99% of all their coins?
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:46:12 AM

There is something seriously wrong with MK, he chooses to live inside his bubble, totally ignorant of the world outside, expecting everything will work out fine if he ignores them. I hope he realises he is going to end up in jail soon.
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:13:00 AM

If memory serves didn't he officially refuse coming to the states because of alleged death threats?  From what I recall the closest he was willing to get was video link from Taiwan or something.

Well we know for certain that he moved 'offices' when the Bitcoin users tracked him down for 'security reasons' ( If I remember the article in question correctly ) he can't be that confident where he is if he's taking all these steps, I think he knows he's pissed off a lot of people, I don't know about you but I would never actually just 'lose' that amount of Bitcoins.

I think he's stashed those coins somewhere safe and he's planning to bolt when the Japanese authorities are busy putting the case together or if they are too stupid to figure out what's happened he'll just walk away from it all.
I agree he has one or more fairly large stashes of coins somewhere and could be planning to bolt!  I bet he's doing crunches right now to try and slim down a bit in case he needs to get quick and nimble!

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: