Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:22:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATED] Girl Scout Cookies for BTC  (Read 2972 times)
gabbynot (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 10:13:23 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2012, 10:59:03 AM by gabbynot

UPDATED 4/8/12

My daughter's girl scout troop is selling cookies, and we thought it would be fun to sell some for BTC, which would give them a fun real-world experience in dealing with alternative currencies.  They all come in cases of 12 boxes each, which would seem the easiest way to ship.

We have:

Thin Mints (always the top seller) ONLY 1 BOX LEFT
Trefoils (shortbread-type cookie) 12 BOXES LEFT
Do-Si-Dos (peanut butter creames) 17 BOXES LEFT
Samoas (chewy w/ coconut) SOLD OUT
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties) ONLY 1 BOX LEFT
Savannah Smiles (lemon cookies) 11 BOXES LEFT
Thank U Berry Munch (with cranberries) 8 BOXES LEFT
Dulche De Leche (Latin-inspired caramel) SOLD OUT

We can do a full case for 10 BTC; or
9 boxes mix 'n match (your choices, of course) for 8 BTC

Price includes delivery confirmation anywhere in the US.  

I'm well aware I don't have much experience on this board, so I'd be happy to ship first if you have excellent history here; otherwise we can certainly do an escrow service.

PM me if interested; thanks so much!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 10:25:11 PM

My daughter's girl scout troop is selling cookies, and we thought it would be fun to sell some for BTC, which would give them a fun real-world experience in dealing with alternative currencies.  They all come in cases of 12 boxes each, which would seem the easiest way to ship.

We have:

Thin Mints (always the top seller)
Trefoils (shortbread-type cookie)
Do-Si-Dos (peanut butter creames)
Samoas (chewy w/ coconut)
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties)

Right now we're going to go with 10 BTC per case which would include shipping anywhere in the US; we may be able to mix-in-match but selling each case unopened would obviously be our preferred method.

I'm well aware I don't have much experience on this board, so I'd be happy to ship first if you have excellent history here; otherwise we can certainly do an escrow service.

Om nom nom this is perfect. I'll see whether I can drum up some BTC.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 12:55:28 AM

You could include some photos to drum up the sweettooth in everyone  Grin
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:23:12 AM

My daughter's girl scout troop is selling cookies, and we thought it would be fun to sell some for BTC, which would give them a fun real-world experience in dealing with alternative currencies.  They all come in cases of 12 boxes each, which would seem the easiest way to ship.

We have:

Thin Mints (always the top seller)
Trefoils (shortbread-type cookie)
Do-Si-Dos (peanut butter creames)
Samoas (chewy w/ coconut)
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties)

Right now we're going to go with 10 BTC per case which would include shipping anywhere in the US; we may be able to mix-in-match but selling each case unopened would obviously be our preferred method.

Om nom nom this is perfect. I'll see whether I can drum up some BTC.

Om Nom this is great. I'll just wait for the OP to show some more REP!
gmannn

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 08:38:03 AM

post a picture with verification, and I will send first if you can split up an order with 3 types of cookies.  I've bought from a few members of this forum.
Vernon715

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 09:15:22 PM

I want some! but have no money Smiley

Please donate: 1FfJzfpGCXD6saKqmMs8W1qt9wouhA98Mj

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/1642

TorrentMaster

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 09:18:18 PM

I am considering this also. Just would like some verification.  Grin
gabbynot (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 01:26:31 PM

Here's the loot:

ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2012, 01:07:27 AM

I've got an order in for a case of Samoas, I have tracking information and have paid half so far.  Grin

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 03:35:48 AM

post a picture with verification, and I will send first if you can split up an order with 3 types of cookies.  I've bought from a few members of this forum.

What he said.  You wouldn't be able to do a mixed case would you?

Kind of want a mix of samoas, peppermints, and try out the peanut butter ones but if it came down to it Samoas would be my choice if you can't.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 03:40:29 AM

Jesus Christ, those Thin Mints are awesome.

Anybody ever take a small bite off the top of one, dunk it into a glass of milk with the bitten-off part pointing up, and then watch the little air bubbles rise out of the cookie and proceed to float on top of the milk?

Mmm...meditation.

gabbynot (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 04:54:25 AM

Updated the OP; we're now going to offer a mix-n-match of your choice; 9 boxes for 8 BTC shipped.

Oh, and the Thin Mints are awesome if you freeze 'em.  Smiley
someone703

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 06:13:09 AM

Oh man, you just had to go and add more to the list to make it harder for me to decide which to order...

neo_rage

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 07:45:40 PM

Yammy-yammy. There in Russia we do not have Girl Scout Cookies. Is it maked from real Girls? Smiley

someone703

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 07:49:45 PM

Yammy-yammy. There in Russia we do not have Girl Scout Cookies. Is it maked from real Girls? Smiley

Lol no they're not made by the girls.

Girl Scouts is just a giant organization thats supposed to teach girls certain values, ethics, and skills that will help them later on in life.

The organization probably contracts with a company that produces the cookies for them and the girls go around selling the cookies to raise funds for activities and other sorts of stuff.

Not sure how much of profits go to the girls as opposed to upper management and salaries but the cookies are damn good.

Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 04:31:01 AM

I read somewhere that less than 5% makes it to the local group

he asked if the cookies were made OF girls, fyi Tongue
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 04:35:34 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2012, 12:43:55 PM by Kluge

I read somewhere that less than 5% makes it to the local group

he asked if the cookies were made OF girls, fyi Tongue
Was curious abut this, too...

"Q: How does the cookie revenue benefit girls?

A: All of the revenue earned from cookie activities —every penny after paying the baker—stays with the local Girl Scout council that sponsors the sale.  This includes the portion that goes directly to the group selling cookies. Councils use their cookie revenue to supply essential services to troops, groups, and individual girls, such as providing program resources and communication support, training adult volunteers, and conducting special events. The Girl Scout council's volunteer board of directors:

Chooses the baker
Determines the price per box
Decides how this revenue will be used to provide vital services—such as adult recruitment and training and operation of camps and service centers—and other indirect expenses
Decides how much money will be returned to groups selling cookies for their projects and activities
Return to Top

Q: What portion of the cookie revenue is shared with the group selling cookies?

A: This decision is made by each local Girl Scout council, so the portion varies from one council to another.  Nationwide, girls receive an estimated 10 – 20% of the purchase price of each box of cookies sold. Cookie proceeds are held in a group or council account and allocated for activities based on the way a girl has joined Girl Scouts, e.g. as a member of a troop, as a special interest group, as a camper, or in a travel group. In many councils girls earn "cookie credit" after a certain number of boxes are sold, which may be used towards council programs, travel or Girl Scout related purchases in the council shop." http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_cookies/cookie_faqs.asp#money_where

+

"For each box sold, 85 cents per box goes to the baker to cover production, packaging, shipping of the cookies to the troop, and other incidental costs. Out of the remaining $2.65, 50 to 57 cents goes to the selling troop, which will use the funds to cover the cost of programming, community service projects and scholarships, and to offset the cost of participating in Girl Scouts.

Of course, then there are the prizes that some troops dole out to their top-selling scouts. Prizes can cost anywhere from 5 to 7 cents per box, says Ceravolo. So if a troop opts to award prizes, they'll get about 50 to 52 cents per box. "But if a troop votes to eliminate prizes, they get about 57 cents per box," she says.

Of the remaining funds, about 1 penny per box goes to the neighborhood "service unit" -- another level of scouting -- and stays within the community. The rest goes to the regional council, which is usually comprised of numerous troops that are located near each other, Ceravolo explains. The regional council of Nassau County, for instance, focuses solely on the troops in Nassau County, New York. "The remaining $2.14 to $2.07 is used to fund local programming, support summer camps, train adult volunteers, and so on," says Ceravolo.

Contrary to urban legends, the proceeds from Girl Scout cookie sales are not funneled to the national scouting organization. "Girl Scouts of the USA has a deal in place in which they receive royalties directly from the two national bakers of the cookies," Ceravolo says. "The regional councils do not send cookie money to the national organization."" http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/02/06/girl-scout-cookies-by-the-numbers-just-where-do-all-those-dolla/

Fwiw. Cheers!
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2012, 05:50:09 AM

Got my case of samoas today!

I sent the other half of my payment to you, gabbynot

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
neo_rage

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 11:15:03 AM

Lol no they're not made by the girls.

Girl Scouts is just a giant organization thats supposed to teach girls certain values, ethics, and skills that will help them later on in life.

The organization probably contracts with a company that produces the cookies for them and the girls go around selling the cookies to raise funds for activities and other sorts of stuff.

Not sure how much of profits go to the girls as opposed to upper management and salaries but the cookies are damn good.

That's not a grammar mistake, it's quote from a "Adams family" movie ,-)
Girl Scout: Is this made from real lemons?
Wednesday: Yes.
Girl Scout: I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they're real lemons?
Pugsley: Yes.
Girl Scout: Well, I'll tell you what. I'll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?
Wednesday: Are they made from real Girl Scouts?

gabbynot (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2012, 03:28:04 PM

ataranlen, thanks for posting the proof pic!

gmannn, check your inbox for your delivery confirmation number.

Thanks to all for the PM's & orders; we still have a bunch left!  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: