Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign - to get Office Depot to accept bitcoin  (Read 1422 times)
mikewirth (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:37:30 PM

Please contact Roland Smith the Office Depot CEO (eg via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/roland-smith/6b/597/701 or email: Investor.Relations@officedepot.com ) to encourage them to accept bitcoin.  It is time for this great web retailer to adopt another customer preferred payment method and abandon the more cumbersome expensive alternative PayPal.  

Thank you.

After you contact them, come back here to report you've done your bit by adding your name to the list.

List:
Mike Wirth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:06:17 PM

Would love to see this happen.  Sadly, though I do have a linkedin account, it's not a premium one thus I'm unable to send this gentleman an InMail.  Though I would second the OP's suggestion if you do happen to be in possession of one.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:46:03 AM

This would be a pretty good one if you can accomplish it. I shop they all the time for supplies for my office. I can have my company request btc. We have a corporate account there so maybe they will take our request seriously
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:28:57 PM

Please contact Roland Smith the Office Depot CEO (eg via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/roland-smith/6b/597/701 or email: Investor.Relations@officedepot.com ) to encourage them to accept bitcoin.  It is time for this great web retailer to adopt another customer preferred payment method and abandon the more cumbersome expensive alternative PayPal.  

Thank you.

After you contact them, come back here to report you've done your bit by adding your name to the list.

List:
Mike Wirth

OR you can start your own website that sells Office Depot supplies, and sell their products for bitcoins. This will eliminate the need for them to go along with anything, and increase transactions in the bitcoin network. By buy buying their products at wholesale prices you will be saving money while they are not making as much as they could havebeen making if they just accepted bitcoins as a payment method.

Don't work hard people work smart.

unexecuted

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:31:49 PM

I don't think it's legal to just anonymously send bitcoin to support a campaign. If I'm correct, he won't be able to use the funds at the address above unless you go through the donation page and identify yourself.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 05:54:11 AM

I don't think it's legal to just anonymously send bitcoin to support a campaign. If I'm correct, he won't be able to use the funds at the address above unless you go through the donation page and identify yourself.
Are you on drugs?

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:04:35 AM

Are you on drugs?

lol Rawdog is here hahaha....yet he is to anti-bitcoin.  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:47:58 AM

true,, your idea makes sense and I think it would be more acceptable than us begging and not give any effect to them
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4357

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:05:59 PM

whilst contacting merchants, look at the products they sell.. and also contact the suppliers of the products.

if we can get suppliers to accept bitcoin, merchants can use bitcoins to pay for stock, and not sell their bitcoins back to fiat.

just having a merchant accept bitcoin simply to swap for FIAT, is a bit of a 'gimmick'.

so if you want to do something properly... do it properly, give the merchant a good reason to accept bitcoin and get bitcoin to have some true usefuleness. make bitcoin a proper viable currency for a merchant, and not just a kinda gift-voucher purely used at the cashiers desk/shopping cart.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Skidog35

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:05:38 PM

This is an excellent campaign and it would be amazing for the price/status of bitcoins. Office Depot sell allot of interesting tools and they bring good interest.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:18:22 PM

whilst contacting merchants, look at the products they sell.. and also contact the suppliers of the products.

if we can get suppliers to accept bitcoin, merchants can use bitcoins to pay for stock, and not sell their bitcoins back to fiat.

just having a merchant accept bitcoin simply to swap for FIAT, is a bit of a 'gimmick'.

so if you want to do something properly... do it properly, give the merchant a good reason to accept bitcoin and get bitcoin to have some true usefuleness. make bitcoin a proper viable currency for a merchant, and not just a kinda gift-voucher purely used at the cashiers desk/shopping cart.

Yes, I think suppliers are the key to mass adoption. It feels good to see bitcoin payment options on a website but we need penetration in that 2nd level. 

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:55:29 PM

Thank you.

List:
Mike Wirth
it does not take very much time/effort to send an email. Similarly it does not take much effort to ignore an email. IMO it would be much more effective to make a phone call and/or send a actual letter
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:13:44 PM

Do you guys think Office Depot is better than Staples?   Maybe if we can't get one, then we can try the other.   If they won't accept BTC directly, maybe they can be hooked up with Coinbase or Bitpay
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:36:54 PM

fuck office depot, lets make this home depot  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCY6xAsmaes

#oldschool

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

fuck office depot, lets make this home depot  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCY6xAsmaes

#oldschool
No shit.  Home Depot would be very good too.  However, I think we should continue as a group with each of these one by one.  Last week we got Newegg.  Next week we've got to get Office Depot!  Then Home Depot.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:44:31 AM

This could be a great step for Bitcoin and it's community because Office Depot it's not only Office Depot.

If i'm not wrong it belongs to a powerful society of huge companies: Grupo Gigante; where you can find Office Depot indeed, Toks, the Home

Store, Petco and Radio Shack *-*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: