Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sometimes think Bitcoin will fail?  (Read 9134 times)
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:54:31 AM

YOLO man,

Go hard or go home.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:35:21 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 12:38:15 PM by lihuajkl

Not only are we here and using BTC but we are investing heavily into businesses involved with BTC and the eco system that will support it.

Like they said above, BTC can fail but the idea is revolutionary and the concept can never be deleted. If the govts and other institution were not scared and threatened they wouldnt want to ban the existence.

Only if these guys stop going against bitcoin and actually accept the revolution i think bitcoin could be as big as the invention of telephone.

Regards

Duke

I don't think it will fail. The btc network will be improved. There are a minority of guys who accept inventions at the beginning. The reality is so. After some while the majority will accept BTC.
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:52:27 PM

That's one good thing about bitcoin. If any problems do occur they could probably be solved by tweaking the network, but I think we'll be ok.

Yeezus

Activity: 214

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:53:44 PM

I think the real threat that could cause bitcoin to fail if from a better system for sending money comes along. Bitcoin is genius, but it's never going to be perfect. Maybe something can improve upon it slightly.

rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:09:18 PM

Bitcoin won't fail, it has already passed some of the most toughest edges. It is getting more stabilized, you are starting to see more businesses accepting bitcoin. It is going to be like a daily normal event of people living all around the world.

1. People start getting aware of bitcoin, and how it works
2. You will see a steady increase in the number of ATMs to cater to the higher demand
3. You will see businesses that formerly rejected bitcoins, start accepting them now
4. Banks would need to think, ok this bitcoin notion is getting bigger, so how can we tap into that massive market, what additional services can we offer to our business clients.
5. Who knows you could have, bitcoin insurance companies, bitcoin digital marketplaces like clickbank

Possibilities are endless.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:23:13 PM

Bitcoin won't fail, it has already passed some of the most toughest edges. It is getting more stabilized, you are starting to see more businesses accepting bitcoin. It is going to be like a daily normal event of people living all around the world.

2. You will see a steady increase in the number of ATMs to cater to the higher demand
3. You will see businesses that formerly rejected bitcoins, start accepting them now
4. Banks would need to think, ok this bitcoin notion is getting bigger, so how can we tap into that massive market, what additional services can we offer to our business clients.
5. Who knows you could have, bitcoin insurance companies, bitcoin digital marketplaces like clickbank

Bro, the problem is that businesses accept BTC but they instantly convert to fiat.
thepenmen22

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:36:27 PM

In my views, it won't. There is a HUGE fan base for bitcoins. Even this forum is getting tons of posts a day. People love it and want to support it. If something serious does happen to it, I can see the fan base sticking up for it and holding it up until the very end.

Sure there may be other competitors, but who says that both of them can't exist?
MÖGUL™

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:21:55 PM

Exactly!
cccminer

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:18:04 PM

I think it depends on your definition of fail.

Will it become a viable currency.  Yes I think so.

Will it become centralized, and controlled by a handful of powerful (and wealthy) people.  Yes I think so.

Bitcoin will be successful currency,  but we will simply swap one unaccountable entity (central banks),  for another.
Swimpool

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

I think Bitcoin has come to far to ever really fail
zzojar

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:38:22 PM

I'd be very surprised if bitcoin failed, but if it did fail, it will not be for the op's reasons. It will solely be due to strong opposition from the international bankers and the 1% of the population who holds 99% of the money. They could easily pay off governments to ban bitcoin, or they could put millions of dollars into ads that brainwash the sheeple into staying away from bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:43:35 PM

I think it depends on your definition of fail.

Will it become a viable currency.  Yes I think so.

Will it become centralized, and controlled by a handful of powerful (and wealthy) people.  Yes I think so.

Bitcoin will be a successful currency,  but we will simply swap one unaccountable entity (central banks),  for another.

Try not to use common sense here. It just pisses everyone off.

Bitcoin doesn't have to be used by everyone in the world or replace all government currencies to be a success. Even if it just captures a share of the money transfer business away from Western Union it's successful. Businesses and criminals alike have already made millions of dollars with Bitcoin so it's already a success for them.

Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:53:48 PM

I believe that Bitcoin will not replace current forms of money at least in a few 10-20 years, it will be adopted slowly and maybe in a distant

future cash will be gone. But Bitcoin fail ? Nah
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:27:07 PM

I wonder where the old smart members are? They dont seem to post anymore.

So far i see noobs, one sore loser in mining game (joined when btc was at peak, hoping to "print" money without knowing jack about economic) and a senior who lost money in "trading" (whos been whining about other early adopters making money, i bet he sold all his btc below $30).

Its amusing that the noobs seem to be more optimistic about bitcoin.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:53:41 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 11:04:12 PM by QuestionAuthority

So far i see noobs, one sore loser in mining game (joined when btc was at peak, hoping to "print" money without knowing jack about economic) and a senior who lost money in "trading" (whos been whining about other early adopters making money, i bet he sold all his btc below $30).

The old smart hero members left, probably broke, because they lost it to some early scam like, GLBSE, Pirate and the BS&T passthroughs, Bitcoinica, MyBitcoin, the SR seizure, Linode, Bitfloor, Bitomat and others. If you were Allinvain and lost 25,000 btc would you still be hangin out here? I know I'd probably be hanging from a tree.

Doesn't it make sense that noobs would be more optimistic? They don't really know shit about Bitcoin and their anal sphincters are still intact.

MÖGUL™

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:33:14 AM

I'd be very surprised if bitcoin failed, but if it did fail, it will not be for the op's reasons. It will solely be due to strong opposition from the international bankers and the 1% of the population who holds 99% of the money. They could easily pay off governments to ban bitcoin, or they could put millions of dollars into ads that brainwash the sheeple into staying away from bitcoin.

This would be the most logical possibility.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:57:44 AM

I'd rather go broke supporting Bitcoin and world peace than get rich supporting fiat scrip murder-money and world war.

But to answer your question, no, I don't ever think Bitcoin will fail. I'm more confident of Bitcoin's global adoption than I have been of anything else in my entire life.

And I'm generally fairly confident.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
seriouscoin

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:01:50 AM

The old smart hero members left, probably broke, because they lost it to some early scam like, GLBSE, Pirate and the BS&T passthroughs, Bitcoinica, MyBitcoin, the SR seizure, Linode, Bitfloor, Bitomat and others. If you were Allinvain and lost 25,000 btc would you still be hangin out here? I know I'd probably be hanging from a tree.

Doesn't it make sense that noobs would be more optimistic? They don't really know shit about Bitcoin and their anal sphincters are still intact.

Then you're dumb as a rock. 25k btc back then was barely worth your life. Hindsight 20/20 remember?

I dont blame the victims but ofcourse i expect to see frauds and scams b4 btc can be mature. If btc cant survive those scams, btc already fails.

And what makes you think the noobs dont know jack about btc? lol ...
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 02:16:41 AM

Then you're dumb as a rock. 25k btc back then was barely worth your life.
No amount of money is ever worth a human life.

The fact that so many people think that way really cuts to the heart of the reason I so passionately despise capitalism. Also this shit, though.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
seriouscoin

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:20:27 AM

Then you're dumb as a rock. 25k btc back then was barely worth your life.
No amount of money is ever worth a human life.

The fact that so many people think that way really cuts to the heart of the reason I so passionately despise capitalism.

Agree. The current monetary system is nothing but poison to humanity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: