Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:08:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Viper Scrypt Miner Batch 1  (Read 2422 times)
quicklynx (OP)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:29:00 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 08:23:39 PM by quicklynx

Hey Guys and Gals. I want to sell my batch 1 pre order of a 250Mh/s Viper.

My order number is 7136.

I've talked with Alpha and they said I have the option to downgrade to the 50MH/s miner, which it would then be paid off. The downfall is they will not refund the additional 285 Euro, ~$400 I paid for the 250MH/s pre order.

If anyone is interested I'd be willing to entertain offers. $, BTC, LTC, other offers.

I don't believe Alpha will allow the switching of Pre-orders from one account to another, however, I can give you my account. The account allows change to Name, E-mail(also the login,) Billing Address(Shipping Address,) and password.

I can get proof of the purchase if needed.

Escrow is welcome only by used trusted parties, but you'd have to pay the compensation.

The agreement would be after account transfer the coins be released.

Thank you for your interest. Feel free to ask questions in the thread or PM me for anything private.
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 04:45:33 PM

what kind of delivery time are they now quoting?

have they done anything more to show a working prototype?

I offered to visit their offices and they would not let me telling me everything was going on in India - I'm still very skeptical of this company be able to deliver anything and personally think they're scammers at his point but I have an open mind.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:25:11 PM

I offered to visit their offices and they would not let me telling me everything was going on in India - I'm still very skeptical of this company be able to deliver anything and personally think they're scammers at his point but I have an open mind.

They sent their most recent e-mail update yesterday, which has shipping dates estimated between July 15th and 31st.

They have no working prototype that I am aware of, but I will look into this further.

Personally, I do not think they are a scam. They have offered me a 100% Full Refund of the deposit.

They do have an office in England, in which the company is registered to, however, their manufacturing is pretty much in India, like many companies. If you live in England, just show up. Some guys did this to BFL in Kansas, and they got a nice tour.

The company is also accepting direct credit card payments now as well. It doesn't sound like much, but to get your company approved by the credit card companies isn't an easy task, and you have to have solid proof of business. Many companies get around the red tape by using middle man companies like Paypal, etc.. You can choose to pay Alpha with a credit card now without a middle man company.

I hope this helps.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:40:49 PM

If you can get a refund I would go that route for sure...buy some coins and hold.
ccollectables

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:18:36 PM

Pretty sure alpha t has said these pre orders are not transferable, you should look into that before proceeding.

I agree that refund is your best option at this point.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:41:38 PM

Pretty sure alpha t has said these pre orders are not transferable, you should look into that before proceeding.

Good luck with this.  I sent an e-mail to their payments department on the 17th and still have yet to hear back from them.  I have a batch 1 order 50MH machine that I have paid for in full with BTC :/

Not sure how this is going to play out but assuming the worst for now in my case.  Hope you have better luck.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:53:42 PM

They sent their most recent e-mail update yesterday, which has shipping dates estimated between July 15th and 31st.

They have no working prototype that I am aware of, but I will look into this further.

Personally, I do not think they are a scam. They have offered me a 100% Full Refund of the deposit.

They do have an office in England, in which the company is registered to, however, their manufacturing is pretty much in India, like many companies. If you live in England, just show up. Some guys did this to BFL in Kansas, and they got a nice tour.

The company is also accepting direct credit card payments now as well. It doesn't sound like much, but to get your company approved by the credit card companies isn't an easy task, and you have to have solid proof of business. Many companies get around the red tape by using middle man companies like Paypal, etc.. You can choose to pay Alpha with a credit card now without a middle man company.

I hope this helps.

They claim as of yesterday that they are still on schedule for shipping in July.  But as you mentioned, they do not have working prototpye yet.  In fact from the update yesterday, they don't even have the chips yet.  So clearly they will not be shipping anytime in July.
They also do NOT accept credit cards.  They keep promising to add this, but as of yet they have not convinced the bank to allow it.  As you yourself pointed out a company has to be legit to convince the bank so that should tell you everything you need to know right there.  My guess is the bank took one look at their business model and said no because they realized this is going to be a million chargebacks.
Lastly regarding the refunds, they promise partial refund (which in and of itself is illegal) but I do not know of anyone who has actually gotten any money back from them despite trying.  Actually, I do not know of anyone who has even gotten a response from them once they mentioned refund.

Anyways, where does that leave you?  Well you're obviously not going to be getting a machine from them in a timely fashion.  Your best bet would be to get a refund, but they don't seem to be honoring refund requests.  I think your best bet is to just convert it to a 50Mh/s.  Yes you lose the difference but you already lost that the day you bought this preorder, thats gone and not coming back anyway.  This way you don't have to send them any more money and eventually you might get something.  It will be worth a fraction of what you paid for it of course but hey something is better than nothing.  Basically any option that doesn't involve you sending them more money is the best option.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:29:06 PM

Good luck with this.  I sent an e-mail to their payments department on the 17th and still have yet to hear back from them.  I have a batch 1 order 50MH machine that I have paid for in full with BTC :/

Not sure how this is going to play out but assuming the worst for now in my case.  Hope you have better luck.

I sent them an e-mail on the 15th and they just responded to it yesterday. Averaging 6 day response time from my past couple e-mails. Hopefully you recieive yours today or tomorrow.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:39:20 PM

I hope this helps.

They claim as of yesterday that they are still on schedule for shipping in July.  But as you mentioned, they do not have working prototpye yet.  In fact from the update yesterday, they don't even have the chips yet.  So clearly they will not be shipping anytime in July.
They also do NOT accept credit cards.  They keep promising to add this, but as of yet they have not convinced the bank to allow it.  As you yourself pointed out a company has to be legit to convince the bank so that should tell you everything you need to know right there.  My guess is the bank took one look at their business model and said no because they realized this is going to be a million chargebacks.
Lastly regarding the refunds, they promise partial refund (which in and of itself is illegal) but I do not know of anyone who has actually gotten any money back from them despite trying.  Actually, I do not know of anyone who has even gotten a response from them once they mentioned refund.

Anyways, where does that leave you?  Well you're obviously not going to be getting a machine from them in a timely fashion.  Your best bet would be to get a refund, but they don't seem to be honoring refund requests.  I think your best bet is to just convert it to a 50Mh/s.  Yes you lose the difference but you already lost that the day you bought this preorder, thats gone and not coming back anyway.  This way you don't have to send them any more money and eventually you might get something.  It will be worth a fraction of what you paid for it of course but hey something is better than nothing.  Basically any option that doesn't involve you sending them more money is the best option.

Maybe I read wrong on their forum. I was under the impression that payments could now be made direct via credit card. I did try to pay in full today and the credit card method was not accepted so I rescind what I said about them being accepted by the credit card companies.

You are probably right about the shipping date. It may be awhile longer.

As for their current refund policy it says on their website they don't refund in full due to using the money for development, but I have kept in contact with them for awhile in which they have offered full refund because when I initially ordered (roughly 10 minutes after I got the e-mail that payments were open) their website stated we could get a full refund.

To clarify, I never have actually asked for the refund, only asked about my options with it. As others seem to have been presented with, their demeanor may change if I actually request it.

Looks like I may accept the downgrade eventually and hope for the best. I have time before I decide to go with full payment for the 250MH/s, so I'll just be patient with the downgrade.

Thanks all.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:42:13 PM

Not transferable from account to account, but my plan is to sell my Alpha-T account to someone else, using escrow if they would prefer.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:39:45 PM

Bump.

Alpha-T officially accepts credit cards now.

I would be willing to accept Bitcoin, Litecoin, or a combo as payment. I'm willing to accept my Pre-Order payment as the price of this auction.

BTC-E prices will be used at time of transfer. Escrow is welcome by trusted partner.

Thanks
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:29:56 PM

At the current rate, I will accept 260 litecoins or 3.67 BTC

Thanks
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:43:35 PM

Thanks

So did you downgrade it then?

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:13:00 PM

Thanks

So did you downgrade it then?

I did not downgrade yet. This is for the Pre-Order. They do give you the option to downgrade if you choose. I will leave that decision up to the Buyer.

Thanks
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:46:06 PM

Do they offer refunds at this point?  Have they taped out the chips and have a solid shipping date??
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:39:46 PM

Do they offer refunds at this point?  Have they taped out the chips and have a solid shipping date??

I have not received an update on any tape out, although some have claimed to have seen a working prototype. Personally, I have not.

As of right now I haven't seen an update on shipping, so end of July is where that sits.

I have not officially asked for a refund yet. I do plan to at least downgrade to the 50MH/s if I don't sell the Pre-Order.

After the credit card acceptance went through I have faith they are a legit company, and they have faith people won't do chargebacks, etc..

The main thing is banking on the release of the miners and hoping they are first.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:06:55 PM

What sort of price are you looking for then?  I have not followed them much so not sure ballpark is for one of these.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:36:26 PM

What sort of price are you looking for then?  I have not followed them much so not sure ballpark is for one of these.

At the moment. 3.74 BTC or 282 Litecoin or a combination of both.

1635 Euro

Xboxthreefixme

Activity: 905

The one true king.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:49:35 PM

i have a 250mh pre order for sale too man. goodluck!

The one true king. 16wXmFwun1oQfvbgnQn19vQC6QEwKAFMr2
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:24:17 AM

Still for sale. A couple inquiries, nothing serious yet.

Thanks
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:31:03 PM

False Alarm. Still for sale.

Thanks
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:19:58 PM

bump, still for sale
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:34:08 PM

Trying to sell a pre order from June 2014 they still haven't delivered on  Huh

Hate to burst your bubble, it's coming up to a year and can't be looking good.
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:04:23 PM

No bubble burst for me. My Pre-order was also way before June 2014. I made it less than 5 minutes after they they opened those up.

The good news is they are active with updates. Whoever buys the 250 MH/s Pre-Order, (or the 50MH/s unit if they choose to downgrade the Pre-Order) at least gains the fact that I am the one who has waited a year and a half for the product.

I'm also in the front of the line.
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:07:22 PM

If the product ever arrives. 

quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:50:00 PM

If the product ever arrives. 

As I have said in the thread awhile ago, Alpha, to me, is legit. They have still been keeping the lines of communication open, haven't been accepting any other Pre-orders, and are still maintaining developmental updates.

I think if they wanted to scam they wouldn't continue updates for over a year without accepting deposits for other Pre-orders. Also, they accept Credit Cards now which gives the buyers an opportunity put a claim in for any fraud.

I have confidence in Alpha and that they are working very hard to get their product just right. When will it finally ship? I do not know.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 01:43:19 AM

lol come on man...it was a scam from day 1.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408722.0
quicklynx (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:23:31 AM

Those pictures are basically from the month they started. To claim "scam" off of pictures and info from a company fresh from a startup is ludicrous.

All Startups have to build up from somewhere. I work for a company called Medimmune, acquired by Astrazeneca about 5 years ago, and you know where they started??? In a basement after a picnic!

Alpha has kept lines of communication open. They have kept up with developmental updates and haven't accepted a Pre-order in over a year and a half! They are active on their forum. They accept Credit Cards which means they have to gain approval from a company and show some form of capital other than 1 euro. The credit card acceptance also helps to protect the buyers in the long run. There has to be a legit business plan in place. Why would Alpha choose to rent a building in one of the most expensive areas of the UK when they could have done it for nothing in India and scammed everyone!?

I don't mind if you guys want to come on here and give a kind awareness, but please be a little more constructive with your opinions and little less condescending.

I am trying to make a sale here, and defamation of the product without legit proof in your statements is bothersome to me. I'm sure you all would feel the same if this was your thread.

markj113
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:39:32 AM

Those pictures are basically from the month they started. To claim "scam" off of pictures and info from a company fresh from a startup is ludicrous.

All Startups have to build up from somewhere. I work for a company called Medimmune, acquired by Astrazeneca about 5 years ago, and you know where they started??? In a basement after a picnic!

Alpha has kept lines of communication open. They have kept up with developmental updates and haven't accepted a Pre-order in over a year and a half! They are active on their forum. They accept Credit Cards which means they have to gain approval from a company and show some form of capital other than 1 euro. The credit card acceptance also helps to protect the buyers in the long run. There has to be a legit business plan in place. Why would Alpha choose to rent a building in one of the most expensive areas of the UK when they could have done it for nothing in India and scammed everyone!?

I don't mind if you guys want to come on here and give a kind awareness, but please be a little more constructive with your opinions and little less condescending.

I am trying to make a sale here, and defamation of the product without legit proof in your statements is bothersome to me. I'm sure you all would feel the same if this was your thread.

Except there isnt a product and hasnt been for over a year
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 09:23:12 AM

Except there isnt a product and hasnt been for over a year

Nor will there ever be.

OP, sorry to hear you lost money, but selling vaporware to other forum members is not going to fly here.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

dude, just deal with it, you lost your money..you are not first or last. honestly selling those preorders of scam companies is same shit like scam companies itself. stop it ffs.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:32:00 PM

dude, just deal with it, you lost your money..you are not first or last. honestly selling those preorders of scam companies is same shit like scam companies itself. stop it ffs.

^^^ This.

You got scammed and now you are trying to f*ck over a fellow member of these forums.
Not cool man. Not cool at all.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:40:48 PM

^^^ This.

You got scammed and now you are trying to f*ck over a fellow member of these forums.
Not cool man. Not cool at all.

I doubt he is serious with this sale ... right ? I mean ... come on ..
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:09:20 AM

I'm surprised he's trying to sell it here, considering most people can just use the search or already know better .

Sucks that he got scammed, but passing it on is BAD KARMA, man!

Go Big or Go Home.
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:20:45 AM

he himself is becoming a scammer by trying to sell his ''pre-order''....
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:14:08 PM

I it's really low trying to sell a dud pre-order Sad.
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:48:49 PM

No guys, you got it all wrong, to HIM, "Alpha is legit and not scammers".   He believes this so strongly he is....selling his preorder.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4746
Merit: 4282

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 06:45:52 PM

I offer BTC0.1 upon Alpha's confirmation the order has changed to a 50MH/s miner, no balance is due, and the shipping address has been changed.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 09:26:37 PM

I offer BTC0.1 upon Alpha's confirmation the order has changed to a 50MH/s miner, no balance is due, and the shipping address has been changed.

I'll up that to BTC0.100001 with the same conditions, but including a tracking # & escrow. Sorry Og  Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: