Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:01:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622147 times)
Bitcoin-hotep

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:52:48 PM

I could maybe make a logo, but I do not have any experience with like design, just photoshop. So if you know like what you want and I can make it from stuff on Google images I could do that.

I have also read a few books about online marketing and Guerrilla marketing and studied the history of Guerrilla theater and stuff. And I am pretty well known on a few different forums and I have a Google+ and stuff, so I can share the coin with people there and Facebook and everything.

I'm a firm believe that each person should play to their real world strengths. I am a programmer specializing in architecture, system integration, and standardisation. Hence the project.

You specialize in guerrilla marketing, so perhaps concentrate more on plans to target specific sectors or demographics when the time comes, grass roots adoption with small business and single entities will be important. There are perhaps some people around here who would be good to target, but they are the ones who are interested in development projects and adoption, not the speculators. If you're willing to help out with the project that is, any input is appreciated.

I'm sure somebody will come along who is a good designer, in the worst case and if I manage to secure an initial development budget I can hire a good logo designer or offer up a competition for the logo. Mymenace already offered one suggestion, of a very good quality, but not quite unique enough IMHO. I may send him a pm and see if he has any further input.

Someone will come along for sure. If anyone reads this and can make a logo, let us all know.

I will start sharing this thread with people over the next few weeks.

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 07:52:52 PM

logo design
Mymenace has kindly responded and asked for the following information in order to design a logo for the project:
  • currency symbol
  • symbol type design  (instead of a letter or currency symbol)
  • color that would be best (purple is unique at the moment and represents royalty)
I will think on this, if anybody else has any input please feel free to offer it up.

update
  • bitmark core wallet cleaned and all functionality verified and modified as applicable
  • bitmark: scheme url support added and tested
  • various unit tests updated and passing
  • various documentation updates
  • message signing/verification and wallet encryption tested
  • block chain difficulty adjustments checked

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

Is Bitmark out yet? Exchange or mining?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:03:22 PM

logo design
Mymenace has kindly responded and asked for the following information in order to design a logo for the project:
  • currency symbol
  • symbol type design  (instead of a letter or currency symbol)
  • color that would be best (purple is unique at the moment and represents royalty)
I will think on this, if anybody else has any input please feel free to offer it up.

Perhaps you can think of some words that you feel you want to be represented in the logo. Like secure, long term ect. Things like that maybe? If there's a message you want to convey with the logo then that might help. Modern or classic style? Old world currency influence or modern design trend?
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:50:15 PM

Would anyone here want to be on a podcast (via Google hangouts) next week and talk about some of the stuff in this thread?

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 08:57:41 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 09:11:02 PM by coinsolidation

Is Bitmark out yet? Exchange or mining?

Cloneable Reference implementation will be soon.
Bitmark needs more work before public release.
Mining will be available on release, temporary test/main network mining is already underway. These blockchains will be reset before launch.
Exchange, no plans and don't care, if and when it gets added to any exchange will be because it's earned some value.

logo

Perhaps you can think of some words that you feel you want to be represented in the logo. Like secure, long term ect. Things like that maybe? If there's a message you want to convey with the logo then that might help. Modern or classic style? Old world currency influence or modern design trend?

I like the classic ornate design of old "Mark" coins, however this is a new software project in a new world, this ornate art has a place, I personally would like to see it applied to future physical bitmarks, and artwork for paper wallets and bitmark artworks.

For the logo I like the simplicity and modernity of Bitcoin's newest logo incarnation. Solid block color, modern, simple vectors, and it's distinguished.

Modern, simple, easily recognisable, distinct.

For this reason I'm happy to go with purple as the primary color, with the symbol in white. see mymenace's original concept

The symbol is the problem.
Any variation of B will be too similar to bitcoin.
BM is a candidate, the deutsche mark symbol was a simple DM in capitals. My only concern is that it may look a mess when converted to a tiny icon.
M should probably be avoided, and kept in case the Mark ever becomes the daily currency.

It looks like I am suggesting a white BM, slightly modified, on a purple circular background... Unless somebody can think of a unique symbol which isn't simply the initials of BitMark? Perhaps the negative space creates a symbol..

I'm really interested to hear what the community thinks or suggests.

Would anyone here want to be on a podcast (via Google hangouts) next week and talk about some of the stuff in this thread?

How to do this pseudonymously..

Thanks again for all the input.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:32:51 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 10:45:11 PM by coinsolidation

needs work, but maybe something like this?

or scaled and in context

Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:03:22 PM

How to do this pseudonymously..

Thanks again for all the input.

If you join Google+ I can make a room for Google Hangouts, then invite you. You can use an avatar and not show your face, then I can make it an MP3 and put it on Itunes.

goodwoman

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:54:58 PM

Still do not understand
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:24:54 AM

watching this
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:46:42 AM

Still do not understand

Did you read this?

Technically: Light and stable with a modern codebase, maturing features from the alternative currency sector which benefit users added on a faster timeline than bitcoin. Think of it more as standardization rather than innovation.

User focussed: Most development effort and innovation goes in to making bitmark as user friendly, and simple to integrate with, as possible.

Adoption: In line with being user focussed, all marketing and outreach will be to potential adopters, such as microtransaction marketplaces. The project is crafted in such a way that encourages all involved to focus on adoption.

Earned Value: no hype, no rush to get on exchanges, no ipo, premine, it's not a cash cow, it's a project to make a viable every day currency, any value will be earned.

Longevity: 0.250% (max) of the block reward goes to the bitmark development fund, supporting long term dedication to to the project, and future growth as value grows.

Distribution: A configuration which aims to ensure fair distribution whilst using proven PoW which has had substantial investment in hardware.

So, no hype or gimmicks, just a project which focusses on becoming a stable every day currency. Remember the days when the first bitcoins were gifted to each other, when buying a pizza was a milestone, when it was about developing a useful currency, when we asked how can we get x to use this, rather than what it it be worth tomorrow? this is about getting back to that ethos, whilst recognising the space has moved forward.

Project Status: We are close to releasing the first clone-able reference implementation (technically already complete), it's 90% of the bitmark foundation and serves as a modern, tested, codebase which other can fork and use to make their pump and dump clones. They're going to do it so we may as well ensure they're using safe tested code rather than copy and pastes of redundant code.

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:02:58 AM

A simple question, how can I get some bitmarks? Mine or buy?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
Allow

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:11:59 AM

I like your project, do you need a designer?

Last thing made was this: https://i.imgur.com/Zu8Sy49.png
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 10:14:50 AM

I like your project, do you need a designer?

Thank you, and yes Smiley We will have multiple resources which need adapted or designed over the course of the project, starting with the website.

A simple question, how can I get some bitmarks? Mine or buy?

Soon by mining.

1) Clone-able Reference Implementation (not bitmark, just bitmark generic code) will be released in the next 24 hours, probably today.
2) Bitmark will be released soon after

Unfortunately 2 is dependent on getting a dedicated server for the project and a some minor resources. We'll be ready to release Bitmark 24-48 hours after the aforementioned is addressed.

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:48:04 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 08:24:04 PM by mymenace

http://s30.postimg.org/96wbehe0h/bitmark_3a.png

Grin
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 10:56:03 AM

Very happy. If there are no objections I'll add this to the client today.

Thank you for all your hard work mymenace

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 02:26:36 PM

I've added the branding to the client, looks good!

Allow

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:29:59 PM

Can i try to make one different?
pandher
Legendary

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 03:02:26 PM

Can i try to make one different?

Go ahead
pandher
Legendary

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 03:03:05 PM

Technically: Light and stable with a modern codebase, maturing features from the alternative currency sector which benefit users added on a faster timeline than bitcoin. Think of it more as standardization rather than innovation.

User focussed: Most development effort and innovation goes in to making bitmark as user friendly, and simple to integrate with, as possible.

Adoption: In line with being user focussed, all marketing and outreach will be to potential adopters, such as microtransaction marketplaces. The project is crafted in such a way that encourages all involved to focus on adoption.

Earned Value: no hype, no rush to get on exchanges, no ipo, premine, it's not a cash cow, it's a project to make a viable every day currency, any value will be earned.

Longevity: 0.250% (max) of the block reward goes to the bitmark development fund, supporting long term dedication to to the project, and future growth as value grows.

Distribution: A configuration which aims to ensure fair distribution whilst using proven PoW which has had substantial investment in hardware.

So, no hype or gimmicks, just a project which focusses on becoming a stable every day currency. Remember the days when the first bitcoins were gifted to each other, when buying a pizza was a milestone, when it was about developing a useful currency, when we asked how can we get x to use this, rather than what it it be worth tomorrow? this is about getting back to that ethos, whilst recognising the space has moved forward.

Project Status: We are close to releasing the first clone-able reference implementation (technically already complete), it's 90% of the bitmark foundation and serves as a modern, tested, codebase which other can fork and use to make their pump and dump clones. They're going to do it so we may as well ensure they're using safe tested code rather than copy and pastes of redundant code.

Thanks, watching
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: