Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:08:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
dannygroove

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 06:48:58 PM

Is Mark Pfennig still involved with Bitmark?
Didn't see an update from him for quite some time.

Yes, he's been sick recently. Hopefully he's feeling better soon. Not sure if he's over it yet or not.

Sorry to hear that.

Do you know what he sick with?

Just leave Melvin, why are you trying to damage the confidence in Bitmark making such claims? if you dont care about it just gtho and stop FUDing.. Im sick of your EMO behavior..

Woah, lets not go down that road please. Melvin wants the project to succeed as much as anyone and he's more than entitled to voice his concerns. His intentions are good and he's already contributed a massive amount to the project so to use that word that's a favourite of every alt out there with something to hide(FUD) is unwarranted in my opinion.

Confidence should be earned anyway. People should be able to speak their mind and raise concerns in a constructive manner.

Why imply that Mark may have moved on to other things if he doesn't even know thing about where Mark is? Thats FUD my friend. There's many people who only view this post as their source of information about Bitmark, and speaking of development being down 90% from its peak plus that Mark may have left causes Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt in the very least.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:56:27 PM

Yes, he's been sick recently. Hopefully he's feeling better soon. Not sure if he's over it yet or not.

Sorry to hear that.

Just leave Melvin, why are you trying to damage the confidence in Bitmark making such claims? if you dont care about it just gtho and stop FUDing.. Im sick of your EMO behavior..

Woah, lets not go down that road please. Melvin wants the project to succeed as much as anyone and he's more than entitled to voice his concerns. His intentions are good and he's already contributed a massive amount to the project so to use that word that's a favourite of every alt out there with something to hide(FUD) is unwarranted in my opinion.

Confidence should be earned anyway. People should be able to speak their mind and raise concerns in a constructive manner.

Why imply that Mark may have moved on to other things if he doesn't even know thing about where Mark is? Thats FUD my friend. There's many people who only view this post as their source of information about Bitmark, and speaking of development being down 90% from its peak plus that Mark may have left causes Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt in the very least.

I don't think he implied that, he just stated that some people were wondering that.
dannygroove

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:01:54 PM

Sorry to hear that.

So you dont think he made claims with poor knowledge that may damage the confidence in the project? If I were an outsider, my confidence could've been shattered.

I don't think he implied that, he just stated that some people were wondering that.

So you dont think he made claims with poor knowledge that may damage the confidence in the project? If I were an outsider, my confidence could've been shattered by his comments. Primarily because he's been deep in the project and made lots of contributions.
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:41:59 PM

Let's not do this.  Over the course of the project I have performed well, and at other times not so well.  People are free to make any observation they may, and Melvin has helped the project also.

All anybody really cares about here is making some measurable progress and people marking, then indirectly success of the currency or idea based on this.  Let us focus on that Smiley

Today is the day most people prepare to get back to work, and tomorrow is the day they dive in to another year of work.  It is no different here.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:59:49 PM

Sorry to hear that.

So you dont think he made claims with poor knowledge that may damage the confidence in the project? If I were an outsider, my confidence could've been shattered.

So you dont think he made claims with poor knowledge that may damage the confidence in the project? If I were an outsider, my confidence could've been shattered by his comments. Primarily because he's been deep in the project and made lots of contributions.

His comments had nothing to do with Mark being semi-away over the xmas holidays though. Doesn't really matter if he was sick the last little while or not as it's not like he was expected to be working over xmas or anything. Especially considering he has a family to take of and such.

As for damaging confidence, I don't know, maybe. But I see too many projects that try to sweep away anything that's not 100% positive and in the long run it shouldn't really matter as the project should speak for itself and stand on its own merits. Melvin is a very valuable member of the project and generally would have never considered working on any sort of alt project that wasn't Bitcoin as he's been involved with Bitcoin for almost 5 years now. He has high expectations for the project because he sees the potential and realizes that we're not the only ones out there moving towards marking-like technology.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:03:03 PM

Let's not do this.  Over the course of the project I have performed well, and at other times not so well.  People are free to make any observation they may, and Melvin has helped the project also.

All anybody really cares about here is making some measurable progress and people marking, then indirectly success of the currency or idea based on this.  Let us focus on that Smiley

Today is the day most people prepare to get back to work, and tomorrow is the day they dive in to another year of work.  It is no different here.

I agree, I'm excited to get back on track. Everyone got a nice break over the holidays and now we can pick up where we left off.
hokus_pokus

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:12:29 PM

From Bittrex:

" This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on January 9th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC."

SuperNET =O oh wait this was about bitmark thats horrible. . . or is it O.O!

* leathan decides to start moving some trades to bittrex and off his beloved poloniex
Yeah, I've moved my trades to bittrex, but hope more people join in. De-listing hurts a coin

C'mon folks move some coins.. And Happy New Year!  $BTM = BeatEm
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:20:23 PM

What BTM really needs is a solid, fast coder with a lot of BTM (motivation) to release some marking apps/platforms, ASAP. There are plenty of us eager to use/market such a platform to the crypto community.

Instead of waiting for someone else to do it - The price is currently very attractive for such a person to get onboard, or increase their stash and get serious about releasing something in the next 3-4 weeks.

For just $5k or so, you could control 5% of the active supply (which won't be increasing much unless the price goes up enough to adjust difficulty, about 5x move required) or more. Since BTM is SO illiquid, it would take very little to move the price up 3x+. Anyone want to make an easy ten grand?

We seem to have several capable and interested in the project. Why not pull the trigger? If I was a capable coder, I certainly would.

Plus, there are probably several willing to pitch in for hosting fees, etc including myself. There's a nice 9 BTC sell wall below the mining breakeven for sale at 0.00053. I would be willing to make some deals around market prices for the right person as well.

I am just pointing out the opportunity to "buy into the team" right now - CHEAP. This would essentially put you in the position of "CTO" of BTM with plenty of equity in the "business" - which already has a great team in place, just needs someone to get the ball rolling and tie things together.

Happy New Year  Grin

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Hulk Hobo

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:57:26 PM

From Bittrex:

" This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on January 9th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC."

SuperNET =O oh wait this was about bitmark thats horrible. . . or is it O.O!

* leathan decides to start moving some trades to bittrex and off his beloved poloniex
Yeah, I've moved my trades to bittrex, but hope more people join in. De-listing hurts a coin

C'mon folks move some coins.. And Happy New Year!  $BTM = BeatEm

I have some BTM on trex, but I'm not going to dump my btm into the 30k's
melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:37:17 AM

However, the milestones in this roadmap are quite some time in the past.

From what I have observed

- Core dev is down 90%+ from its peak
- Daily marking is down 90%+ from its peak
- Mining is down 90%+ from its peak
- Price is probably the most stable only down about 80% from its peak
- Some of the projects based on marking (real world marking, music site, markthis) seem to have stalled

Much of the work was believed to being done in private repositories.  Then this was to be moved to a public open source project, but that has not yet happened.  There are, imho legitimate, concerns that something is not right about this project, ranging from whether it's a pump and dump, to wondering if coinsolidation has moved on to other things already.

http://vps.bitmark.co/git

What has been anticipated on a 1-2 day time frame, has changed to a 10-20 day time frame, or perhaps even a 50-100 day time frame.  

The first scenario would be good for the project, the middle I think is OK, but It's not clear how much traction this project will achieve is on the latter time scales.  

Certainly Satoshi pulled off such a feat over a 10 year period, but I think the landscape has changed a lot now

2015 may well be a big year for bitmark, and I hope it is!  I think the project could do well if mark stays with it.  But imho, there are still some unknowns.

You bring up some valid concerns. At this stage of the game, it would be great to see an updated road map. When I originally came across Bitmark there really seemed to be an intense amount of development and outreach going on, and this may still be the case, but on the outside looking in, it does seem as if this have slowed down a great deal. I understand the development process can be overwhelming, not to mention every day personal life issues take priority.

Additionally, I have a concern regarding a separate matter. A while back, it was requested the community provide developer loans. I happily sent .3 btc as a loan and have patiently waited. If I am not mistaken, the terms of the loans were to be paid in 60 days @ 10%. I sent my loan on August 21, 2014 and have had no further update and/or payment. Please provide an update.

I dont log on here frequently, but if you PM me I can try and help.
melvster

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:00:49 AM

Sorry to hear that.

All of my observations are public and accurate.  But dont rely on my words, check for yourself.  The metrics I mention are things that should be tracked.  You should be tracking the roadmap and the trello board and the git repository.  

Coinsolidation made a bet that there would be 'easily' 1000 daily active markers by xmas.  As things stand the only daily active marker I know of is me.  Not even mark or amarha or medic marks daily, I do.

So your free to ask me to leave, and I'll consider your words.  

If you want me to post only good news, why dont you create something or do some marking.  I've tried to be as positive as possible about this project, but I think it's intellectually honest to tell things as they are, and the community relies on each other to do so.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:11:37 PM

Don't think there is a need to only post positive. From a outside view it looks Bitmark is a great project,
but there is not much touchable and also i'm doing hard to understand the whole concept of Bitmark.
Don't know how highly frequented the slack channel is, but a.e. in bitcointalk it looks like there is not
so much activity (which is first without an assesment). Maybe too less people even know about Bitmark, but
i think also because most people only see a scrypt clone coin.

However Bitmark is one of the few coins, which are looking really interesting.

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
Hulk Hobo

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:25:51 PM

All of my observations are public and accurate.  But dont rely on my words, check for yourself.  The metrics I mention are things that should be tracked.  You should be tracking the roadmap and the trello board and the git repository.  

Coinsolidation made a bet that there would be 'easily' 1000 daily active markers by xmas.  As things stand the only daily active marker I know of is me.  Not even mark or amarha or medic marks daily, I do.

If you want me to post only good news, why dont you create something or do some marking.  I've tried to be as positive as possible about this project, but I think it's intellectually honest to tell things as they are, and the community relies on each other to do so.

Initially I'd have reacted in the same manner as Danny, but I've got to agree with you. Indeed, I think your viewpoints are valid and offer an important perspective for others. It's easy to become starry eyed about projects but sometimes optimism isn't what's needed, but a cold shower is. Anyways, I hope you stick around to keep us grounded. Smiley
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 01:10:31 AM

Initially I'd have reacted in the same manner as Danny, but I've got to agree with you. Indeed, I think your viewpoints are valid and offer an important perspective for others. It's easy to become starry eyed about projects but sometimes optimism isn't what's needed, but a cold shower is. Anyways, I hope you stick around to keep us grounded. Smiley

+1

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
johndec2

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:10:41 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 09:40:23 AM by johndec2

Rant on/

What is going on here?  I know I've been a bit quiet here lately as I have had other projects/distractions but when even Nicos gives up on mining BTM, I know this coin is in trouble. I'm not part of the slack clique as I have never been invited but looking at what is going on here at BCT (or rather not going on) it appears there is a severe case of "Fiddling while Rome burns".

Mining of BTM has slowed to a crawl, a few gpu miners on xHash and about 300mh/s on hash-to-coins... At this rate it will take months to the next diff change where will have 6 hours of madness and another 6 months of doldrums at 1953 diff.  THIS is unsustainable.  Dig a grave and bury BTM now.

Unless the clever people in the dev team and/or slack come up with a better solution SOON, this coin will go the way of so many others, which will be a massive shame as it is a brilliant concept that appears (to me) to be badly implemented.  You either need to work out a way to increase the mining on this coin or change the diff parameters to make it more friendly to a lower hash rate.  It pains me to say that as I want the acquisition of BTM to be as difficult as possible but if the demand is just not there, there is no alternative.  

Before you all chip in with roadmaps, etc, don't waste your breath.  We need action not "pie in the sky" plans.  To put my money where my mouth is, I've moved everything I have to Xhash (around 100mh/s) and will leave it there until the end of this month.  I will be mining at a significant loss compared to mining just about everything else, especially considering the current depressed price.  Speaking of the depressed price - the market is speaking, it is a massive vote of no confidence in the non-action of the dev team and the failed implementation deadlines.  WOW, marking on Polo... that was fun for about a week until everyone forgot about it....

If I don't see some positive action by the end of the month, I'll dump my BTM, cut my losses, and move on.  If I was to dump my over 15,000 BTM on Bittrex now, the new price would be 2 satoshis. This is not a threat, just the pleas of someone severely pissed off by the waste through inaction of what should be the best altcoin around.

Rant off/

PS: Clean up the OP. Most of the pools listed are dead.  Or even better, breath some life into the coin so that we can replace the dead pools with live pools.

PPS: Like the poster here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.msg10031495#msg10031495  I too donated to the cause.  Mine was a donation but I was led to believe it would be converted to a loan, so confident was everyone back then.  Like him, I've seen nothing.  Don't worry about me, I originally gave not lent, but it is very poor form not to pay your promised debts.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:59:31 AM

I'm not part of the slack clique as I have never been invited

Shocked

Slack isn't supposed to be any sort of clique at all. It's open to everyone. Send me your email and I'll invite you right away.

In Slack in channel #pfennig we have people working on the new test chain that was launched recently with the intention of testing out new algos. I'm sure they would love to have your input.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:19:26 AM

Is "mark"/"marking" reserved for the reputation score only?  So that regardless of the amount of bitmarks given by any individual to another, it is the specific act of giving them (i.e., each transaction) that counts as one "mark"?

johndec2

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:26:00 AM

Shocked

Slack isn't supposed to be any sort of clique at all. It's open to everyone. Send me your email and I'll invite you right away.

In Slack in channel #pfennig we have people working on the new test chain that was launched recently with the intention of testing out new algos. I'm sure they would love to have your input.

Well.. It is good to hear something is happening but any coin that ignores the BCT community does so at it's own peril.  Most people get the bulk of their info from a BCT ANN thread.  I've been around crypto for a while and just about every coin that has ignored it's BCT following has perished. Is it so hard to keep us poor fools updated about what is happening behind closed doors?  One update a week would ease a lot of minds. Too much to ask? 

I could send you an email address and get the latest. I probably will.  Or would a regular update here be smarter?  It would certainly ease the minds and inform everyone (traders included). The coin is withering on the vine due to lack of information. Do you really want thousands of people joining your slack group just to keep up?  Or would it be easier to keep us up to date here rather than overloading your slack group.

The devs could learn a lot by the way CCN conducts business.  They have their own forums/groups but they keep their BCT followers updated.  Despite what I thought would be a fatal change to POS, the coin is thriving as everyone,everywhere knows what is going on.  Food for thought?
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:55:38 AM

Is "mark"/"marking" reserved for the reputation score only?  So that regardless of the amount of bitmarks given by any individual to another, it is the specific act of giving them (i.e., each transaction) that counts as one "mark"?

No, it's integration specific. So you can set it up whichever way you'd like for your own website or whatever. You can also use different algorithms if you plan on emphasizing the reputation part of it. I think we wanted to have a repository of algorithms and such so that people could just choose whatever one they thought would work well for them if they felt they needed one.

In some cases like perhaps a charity, the reputation aspect might not matter as much(or it might, it depends on the way they want to do it) so they might just integrate marking as a way that people can mark and transfer value to whatever cause they deem worthy.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:01:51 PM

Shocked

Well.. It is good to hear something is happening but any coin that ignores the BCT community does so at it's own peril.  Most people get the bulk of their info from a BCT ANN thread.  I've been around crypto for a while and just about every coin that has ignored it's BCT following has perished. Is it so hard to keep us poor fools updated about what is happening behind closed doors?  One update a week would ease a lot of minds. Too much to ask? 

I could send you an email address and get the latest. I probably will.  Or would a regular update here be smarter?  It would certainly ease the minds and inform everyone (traders included). The coin is withering on the vine due to lack of information. Do you really want thousands of people joining your slack group just to keep up?  Or would it be easier to keep us up to date here rather than overloading your slack group.

The devs could learn a lot by the way CCN conducts business.  They have their own forums/groups but they keep their BCT followers updated.  Despite what I thought would be a fatal change to POS, the coin is thriving as everyone,everywhere knows what is going on.  Food for thought?

I do try to keep this thread updated. I believe I've posted about the various things that have been going on. But if someone feels that I've missed things, or don't give enough detail I'll try to improve on that part. I never intended to ignore people here at all.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: