Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:48:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:15:22 PM

Yeah, it says:

The wallet has not seen a block in over 60 mins. This is likely because of long block times on the coin network. Please check with an official block explorer and see what's happening.

There hasn't been a block in a long time, so it's just that I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:21:01 PM

WTS 25k BTM pm offers

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:11:55 AM

Yeah, it says:

The wallet has not seen a block in over 60 mins. This is likely because of long block times on the coin network. Please check with an official block explorer and see what's happening.

What's going on with the network!? I sent a transaction 3 days ago and there are only 3 confirmations on polo?!
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:38:16 PM

Yeah, it says:

What's going on with the network!? I sent a transaction 3 days ago and there are only 3 confirmations on polo?!

Yeah, the hash power must be really low right now for it to be going this slow. Not sure what we can do other than try to get more people mining again. I think it adjusts in ~30 blocks or something like that, so it should improve a lot soon if we can get just a bit of hashing going again.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:51:06 AM

WTS 25k BTM pm offers

1 BTC

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:04:30 PM

I could do 2.5 BTC. Price on open market would be 3.5 BTC.

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
klopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:44:30 PM

Selling 50k BTM for 4BTCTC

PM me
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:18:18 PM

PM me

I'll match for 25k = 2 btc.

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
klopper

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:26:21 PM

PM me

I'll match for 25k = 2 btc.

Selling bags of 10k at 5k sats.
cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 05:28:25 PM

"There should be some tangible developments for the community around the week of May 1st."

Any updates on what that might be, or do we just need to wait?

From what I know all we have left now is to wait :p

But not too long Smiley the first deliverable is well under way and I'm free all week with it being my primary focus.

Is BTM dead? We haven't gotten any updates in over a month. There's no news on diff algorithm change. Someone dumped 25k BTM on Poloniex, taking a shit on the price. The only activity in this thread now is people trying to sell what they have before they lose it all.

Is there any active development going on? Can we expect updates? Can we expect marking to be released? Can we expect any news at all? Or is this the end of the line for Bitmark?

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:10:49 PM

"There should be some tangible developments for the community around the week of May 1st."

But not too long Smiley the first deliverable is well under way and I'm free all week with it being my primary focus.

Is BTM dead? We haven't gotten any updates in over a month. There's no news on diff algorithm change. Someone dumped 25k BTM on Poloniex, taking a shit on the price. The only activity in this thread now is people trying to sell what they have before they lose it all.

Is there any active development going on? Can we expect updates? Can we expect marking to be released? Can we expect any news at all? Or is this the end of the line for Bitmark?
That would be really sad..it was a nice project.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:19:30 PM

It's not dead, people are still around. Mark is currently in a bad situation but is getting it sorted out now. Medic and Neleonele are in contact with him frequently, probably on a daily basis.

The multi user wallet app is supposed to be done or be very close to being done. I'm not sure exactly.
klopper

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:11:02 PM

It's not dead, people are still around. Mark is currently in a bad situation but is getting it sorted out now. Medic and Neleonele are in contact with him frequently, probably on a daily basis.

The multi user wallet app is supposed to be done or be very close to being done. I'm not sure exactly.

Everyone should be aware that things have been promised multiple times on slack but nothing was delivered. The developer Nathan aka Mark Phenig aka coinsolidation has not logged in to slack for a long time and no code has been uploaded to github. I'm not sure if any code even exists at this point.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:34:11 PM

Everyone should be aware that things have been promised multiple times on slack but nothing was delivered. The developer Nathan aka Mark Phenig aka coinsolidation has not logged in to slack for a long time and no code has been uploaded to github. I'm not sure if any code even exists at this point.

Yeah, he hasn't logged in to the BTM slack for a while. But he's still around. Hopefully things get better soon and we can see some code.
kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:43:28 AM

I heard that Nathan/Mark was forced to leave his previous home and was effectively 'homeless' for a while. In those circumstances I think it's unreasonable to expect Mark will be doing much coding. It's also reasonable to assume that Mark will have had some time to take stock of his current situation and how he ended up there, and I can imagine he'll be putting 100% of his energy into lifting himself out of the hole he's currently in, and part of his recovery plan and 'redemption' will probably include BTM.

I was homeless and living out of my car for a while not that long ago, and as the cause of my homelessness wasn't drugs/alcohol, and my mind was exactly the same as it had always been, I found that I stripped away every piece of unnecessary baggage in my life (mental & emotional) that could become a potential distraction to my number one goal - getting back on my feet financially and in control of my circumstances again. Life was incredibly difficult at times, but the will & determination I had to get 'back' created an incredible mental clarity and drive that I had never experienced before, and I now see that experience was a blessing in a way.

I became so hungry for success, and I achieved it, and quickly too. I don't think being homeless while battling drug & alcohol addictions would have the same effect, but from my experience being right on the edge of the abyss while still having your mental faculties intact is THE supreme motivator to discover what really drives you forward, and what your life goals actually are. That's what happened to me anyway, and I hope Nathan/Mark experiences something similar. If he does, and if bitmark features in his new battle hardened set of life goals, then I'd expect BTM investors 'might' be rewarded for hanging in a while longer with this project.

Good luck Mark!!
cryptozim

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:24:00 PM

This is all really vague, and doesn't answer any of my questions.

1. Why don't we have any updates that were supposed to come out 5 weeks ago?
2. What is the next expected update?
3. When can we expect the next update?
4. Is anyone working on Marking?
5. Can we get regular updates on what is happening?

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 01:16:42 PM

No it's not vague ... Mark is homeless at the moment, ... do you think he gives a fuck about BTM at this very moment? Have some compassion you insensitive motherfucker. Imagine being homeless .. do you think Mark has any capacity for anything else other than survival? Keep it real dude!!!
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:31:52 PM

This is from slack #general and will hopefully answer some questions:
(I'm assuming this is ok to post since it's all in a public channel. If someone wants to take it down let me know.)

markpfennig: Hi @androidicus, good to see you.

[21:26] markpfennig: also @emdje, hello

[21:26] emdje: Hi @markpfennig how is your situation, a little better? (edited)

[21:27] emdje: we heared that both you and leathan are in a tough spot

[21:27] markpfennig: It's looking positive. I believe Victor and Nele have been forwarding updates as to my status, perhaps best if I give a quick overview to clarify and confirm.

[21:27] markpfennig: I haven't heard of leathan's difficulties yet, hope to speak to him soon.

[21:27] emdje: His internet is flaky so he will be on and off

[21:28] emdje: But how is your internet, because if I understood correctly you finished MUWA and just needed internet to upload it? At least that is the message that came trough

[21:30] markpfennig: As for myself, yes somewhat.  I split with my partner and moved in to homeless accommodation, then elance through a spanner in the works and limited both my and a clients accounts, blocking access for me to accept new jobs, receive payments, and access money already paid.  So I've been in a limbo situation for the past couple of weeks, right at the most critical time.

I've had limited internet access, in he public library, you can "lease" sessions on computers for an hour at a time, and the connection is limited to only http/https port being open. No internet cafes, no plces with hotdesks to work from - it's been quite surprising how backwards the town I'm staying in is actually.

[21:31] markpfennig: The more positive news, is that I've had an office on hold for me for a couple of weeks that just needed paid, and my clients and I have worked out a way for them to pay me direct which means I can get in and working from the middle of this week, which is a huge relief.

[21:32] emdje: I can imagine that is a relief

[21:32] emdje: But can you confirm that MUWA is finished?

[21:32] emdje: (no disrespect to your situation and the shittyness of that)

[21:32] markpfennig: Indeed MUWA is done, to a fault, in that I finished it off offline, and am aware there will be some mistakes and faults when it's ran for the first time. once I'm in to the office and settled, I'll have some spare time each day where I can work on crypto things dring the week, and get it uploaded and working, then take steps forward from there.

[21:33] markpfennig: It's fine @emdje, it's long overdue, and I'm very aware that my own mistakes and circumstances have had negative knock on effects on the community here, for which I'm deeply sorry.

[21:35] emdje: Make sure that when you have the opportunity to upload it, even when it is not finished and not working, it would really boost morale :simple_smile:

[21:35] markpfennig: In respect to that, I've been working with a counsellor/psychologist over the past few weeks, and feel I've got to the root causes of my own personal issues, and resolved them mentally.  I'm in a much better place mentally and very positive for the future, just waiting for my situation to catch up, and positive steps made to show have some impact!

[21:35] emdje: good to hear

[21:36] pabloangello: hello markpfennig :simple_smile:

[21:36] pabloangello: I had a feeling :smile:

[21:37] markpfennig: @emdje I will, the community here really needs a boost and some stability, which I promise I will provide along with others.  Trying very hard to reverse the negative steps and work backwards to bring every aspect of life back to a good place.  Bitmark included.

[21:37] markpfennig: Two things I do need to say

[21:38] markpfennig: 1) I have been online and checking in near daily, and certainly daily the past week or so - I should have done that here too, and will from now on, rather than having middle men forward status.

[21:40] markpfennig: 2) I did manage to fuck up quite a few areas of my life, and am balancing time to put them all back in order.  It will be a slow progress to put Bitmark right, but hopefully it'll build momentum along the way.  Trying to say that it'll be impossible for me to be here full time on the project, but I will do check in each day, with either something positive, or just a quick touch base to say "on other things today, but here for questions if anybody needs me"

[21:41] emdje: I think that is quite reasonable

[21:41] emdje: Just make sure to stay in communication

[21:42] markpfennig: It's all I can do!  finding that straight transparent communication is really helping move forward, and to avoid my previous pitfalls.

[21:42] markpfennig: I can shed some light on that if it would help?

[21:42] markpfennig: I'll say it anyway, it may help others

[21:42] androidicus: @markpfennig: speaking as someone who has, over the years, fucked up many areas and periods of my life - :tipshat: to you and I empathise entirely - the hugely positive thing is to see you here, now, and 'speaking' with determination to move forward... (edited)

[21:47] markpfennig: full background context (thanks to Stephen my Psychologist for helping get to the root of this one!):
I've had a problem with lying, not all my life, but getting worse for a few years.  Tracing it back we managed to figure out that early on in my relationship with my wife (she'd had a bad life previously) I'd tried to take on a night in shining armour role with her.  Part of that meant, that if something negative happened or I made a mistake, that I felt I could fix without her having to know or worry about, that I'd just get on and fix whatever it was.  After that working several times it developed in to a pattern.

The problem was that when the fix didn't work out, I'd then withheld the truth, which could lead to a lie, then perhaps another and so forth, making a small negative thing in to a big negative and personal issue, with implications on trust and all sorts of things.  Over time, this spilled in to other areas of my life, and led ultimately to the mess here.

99% of it was effect, the cause, was not just instantly sharing bad news or mistakes, combined with underestimating her ability to cope with any negative things.

[21:48] markpfennig: So by addressing that, saying exact status all the time in all aspects of life, prevents that cycle of withholding truth which leads to lying.  It's something I've implemented, and to be honest has had an amazing change on all fronts.  It threw me for about a week afterward just seeing how such a small change could have such huge effects.

[21:48] markpfennig: @androidicus: very determined to move forward - and very glad to see many still here.

[21:49] markpfennig: I must give a huge thanks to you all, with some special thanks to victor, nele, bates and some others who have all been a huge help and support through this time.

[21:54] androidicus: I think that there are many still here is testament to the quality and potential that was envisioned at the project's genesis and in the halcyonic early days brimming with ideas and innovation. That so many have maintained faith in the project and in spite of much angst, frustration, and even ill-will; there has been amongst many an unerring belief that 'something' would happen, given time...

[21:55] emdje: I think it is very brave of you to open yourself up like this (don't know if this is proper english :stuck_out_tongue: )

[21:55] androidicus: Perfect emdje!

[22:01] markpfennig: It helps to be able to see the former mistakes with clarity.  They led to a lot of negativity.  countless times.

[22:02] markpfennig: Melvin often said, I was one of the flakiest guys he knows, but if I do even 1% of what's suggested it'll be great.

[22:02] markpfennig: The flakyness, and all bad perceptions, stemmed from these faults, and were compounded by some other factors.

[22:03] markpfennig: For example, I'd struggle with a little something in some code, and just say "yes a couple of things left and it'll be up in 2 days" (hiding the truth, choosing that I'd just fix it and all would be good) the root of the mistakes.

[22:04] markpfennig: Then something else would go wrong in a different, often stemming from the same causes, I'd miss the 2 day deadlines I'd set myself, lie to cover it up or make an excuse, and repeat

[22:05] markpfennig: Compounding this, were the effects it had at home.  Also even just working from home, my family felt I was always on the computer, and I felt I was always interrupted. led to 16 hour days where only a couple of them were put to good use, and the rest fire fighting or switching between things, negative tie with family

[22:05] markpfennig: repeat that long enough and you end up in a huge mess

[22:05] markpfennig: all those issues are resolved a the core now, all aspects of life will improve "enough" as a knock on effect

[22:06] markpfennig: and hopefully we can get back to "halcyonic early days brimming with ideas and innovation" as @androidicus said

[22:06] androidicus:
>always on the computer
Now, where have I heard that said... I wonder...

[22:06] markpfennig: indeed, and feeling like always fire fighting things.

[22:08] markpfennig: looking forward to having that clear separation between work and other aspects of life.  My PC will be in the office, when I walk in their dedicated work time with no distractions.  When I leave it's gone until the next day with dedicated personal / family time (as that front improves)

[22:08] markpfennig: @batesresearch: is organizing a 3g/4g device for me until I can get one myself, so I'll soon have comms outside of office hours.  'll be able to discuss things, but not do anything about them till the following day. (edited)

[22:09] androidicus: It's all sounding good... the separation aspect ~ work/life balance ~ is key

[22:09] emdje: Good to keep it structure and clear to everyone

[22:10] markpfennig: +1 to you both.

[22:10] markpfennig: I have about 5 minutes remaining, so need to close up conversations.

[22:11] markpfennig: I'll check in each working day from here though, whatever the circumstance.

[22:11] androidicus: @markpfennig: In short then, great to see you here and +10 for ALL updates - take care :simple_smile:

[22:12] markpfennig: Thanks!

[22:14] markpfennig: Quickly clarify personal circumstance:  Office ready mid week.  Personally I'm 2 weeks behind and have access to zero funds.  I'm going to be doing ~20 hours on the work I'm behind with for the next 2 weeks, and 20 hours on a new job to keep some earning coming in.  I do have funds I just can't access them until elance verify my clients account, hopefully this week.  Expect slow but steady progress over the next two weeks, with me caught up and moving forward properly 13 days from now.  I will be online a little each day, and priority on spare time is for muwa to be up and working.

[22:14] markpfennig: okay, tc, speak tomorrow

[22:14] androidicus: :tipshat:

[22:16] emdje: thanks mark for the explanation, again kudos for opening up

[22:18] coinecollector: Lol. Shakeout people for cheap coins then return. Scam scam scam

[22:26] coinecollector: @markpfennig your false promises have cost people alot of money. People that would happily help out with your financial problems (if true) had you only been honest. Hope it's feels good

[22:37] androidicus: @coinecollector: you may well be right; only time will tell. For my part, and it is only my opinion, having lost money when coinex disappeared, and when mywl.it disappeared - neither of those actors showed their faces again...

[22:37] markpfennig: @coinecollector: I understand your frustration, and how it can seem like that.  However through being transparent and open for a while now, I have had every detail of everything I've said completely verified by multiple parties, who would be quick to correct should I say anything false here.

[22:38] androidicus: I have been involved since about page 10 of the BCT thread and have a genuine belief that Mark/Nathan is not out to scam anyone

[22:39] markpfennig: I'll need to follow on tomorrow.  @medic and @neleonele and @batesresearch no every single detail and have verified them, feel free to confirm anything

[22:39] markpfennig: no/know

[22:39] androidicus: That he is here at all and attempting to face his demons is good enough for me right now

[22:40] neleonele: Woohoo,mark is here...

[22:40] neleonele: welcome back  Nathan!
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:00:47 PM

Wishing Mark all the best...hope things work out.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
cryptozim

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:41:39 PM

No it's not vague ... Mark is homeless at the moment, ... do you think he gives a fuck about BTM at this very moment? Have some compassion you insensitive motherfucker. Imagine being homeless .. do you think Mark has any capacity for anything else other than survival? Keep it real dude!!!

It is vague. "in a bad situation" "getting it sorted out" "probably on a daily basis."  "supposed to be done or very close to being done." None of these statements actually tell me anything about the current progress of Bitmark.

As for Mark himself, he has proven and admitted that he lies compulsively to cover his own fuckups. I'm not yet convinced that he's actually homeless, much less working on the code he says he's working on. Call me insensitive if you want, but until I see proof of progress, I will take all of his words with a grain of salt. "Fool me once, shame on you..." and all that.

Besides, I wasn't even talking about Mark when I asked for updates. From what I can tell, there should be at least 5-6 developers working on different aspects for BTM. I am actually asking for any update from anybody at this point. Just because Mark is divorced and homeless doesn't mean nobody else can do anything. Yet there has been no news from anyone else either.

This is from slack #general and will hopefully answer some questions:
(I'm assuming this is ok to post since it's all in a public channel. If someone wants to take it down let me know.)

[...slack transcript...]

When is this conversation from?

Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: