Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 03:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622148 times)
wagamamaman

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:29:27 AM

Does someone know why is polo on maintenance? This is now for severela days.
Is there a wallet update or something else?
Thanks.

Best raise a ticket with polo, surely only their answer is valid, not on here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wagamamaman

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:38:22 AM

So from reading slack I see the lead dev of this project is "melvster" on here.

He says his and many more accounts were hacked and he is not able to reply on this forum.  theymos has not responded to his request for a password reset to his email.

This is true, just look at his posts before hack until Nov, 2016 were high information posts.
After Feb, 2017, it's all hacker's spam.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=545;sa=showPosts

So, if people want him to post here, they need to ask theymos to reset his password to his real gmail address.
bananos

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:08:00 PM

Any news about segwit or masternode?
dev are you alive?
Noolz39

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:02:43 PM

Any news about segwit or masternode?
dev are you alive?
dev work hard
from slack chanel
https://asciimoo.github.io/searx/dev/engine_overview.html

[8:35]
so i worked out how to add marking results to the decentralized search engine

turned out to be quite easy!

this could be quite nice that you can turn on a feature to add marked content to your search results, so you can see what your friends like

[8:36]
and maybe you'll get marks for finding good content in search too!

[8:36]
perhaps gamify it and make a leaderboard for the best searchers etc.
Nashamoto

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:33:25 AM

Thanks.

Several days ... btm has been in maintenance for weeks on poloniex.
Noolz39

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:45:27 PM

Thanks.

Several days ... btm has been in maintenance for weeks on poloniex.
Did you contact support?
WhoCaresCoins

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

F*CK WHALES!

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:17:16 PM

I think BTM will be Poloniex's delist next round.
Henry VII

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 01:41:18 PM

How are they can delist polo'marking system?
Noolz39

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:20:52 PM

arguments?
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:59:08 PM

How are they can delist polo'marking system?

Exactly, also they'd have to give people the ability to withdraw their btm, which hasn't been possible for months. So, they could delist it, but it seems unlikely. I suspect the hassle of figuring out what is going on with btm devs, etc, in order to delist it, is more trouble than just keeping it listed  Grin
Noolz39

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:31:32 PM

Dev answers:
We'll be trading on SUPER net soon.  But my view is that liaising with polo and other exchanges is the top priority for this month at least, before the next online summit.  I dont trade, so it will have to be others that do that drive that.  Let's see how far we get. :slightly_smiling_face:

What I think what happened was an accidental transaction got orphaned, and one of the exchanges synced to the wrong chain causing a bit of confusion.  But I speculate.  It would be great to find out the reason for temp suspend of the wallet.  Then maybe we can fix the issue.

I hope wallet suspension is temporary and btm is not delisted.  Polo have said that they wont delist us as long as there is active development.  I stand ready to volunteer to help develop the coin, if it keeps gonig.  Hopefully, there will be more clarity as the month progresses.  Then we can so an online summit in June, the next roadmap, technical goals, outreach to new communities and marketing material ...

There is actually a lot of technology for marking already built, so its just a case of getting it (nearer) to production quality.  Smiley
 could have decentralized identity, storage, search, marking and payments all from a desktop client, with lots of very good content, in the next 6 month roadmap.  All the pieces are there for that, it's a case of putting it together and making a good user epxerience
Henry VII

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:48:33 AM

Im imagine the system app which are contain marking of people. it will be great for poloniex-troll-box. We can to  consider who is who, maybe person gave good trayding signal and his profile will be good. People will use this app for chating sorf of slack or telegram. This is madness but we have the gifted dev.
In the end of year BTM will be great again. I belive in this project very hard
juanp11

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 04:24:34 AM

Dev answers:
We'll be trading on SUPER net soon.  But my view is that liaising with polo and other exchanges is the top priority for this month at least, before the next online summit.  I dont trade, so it will have to be others that do that drive that.  Let's see how far we get. :slightly_smiling_face:

What I think what happened was an accidental transaction got orphaned, and one of the exchanges synced to the wrong chain causing a bit of confusion.  But I speculate.  It would be great to find out the reason for temp suspend of the wallet.  Then maybe we can fix the issue.

I hope wallet suspension is temporary and btm is not delisted.  Polo have said that they wont delist us as long as there is active development.  I stand ready to volunteer to help develop the coin, if it keeps gonig.  Hopefully, there will be more clarity as the month progresses.  Then we can so an online summit in June, the next roadmap, technical goals, outreach to new communities and marketing material ...

There is actually a lot of technology for marking already built, so its just a case of getting it (nearer) to production quality.  Smiley
 could have decentralized identity, storage, search, marking and payments all from a desktop client, with lots of very good content, in the next 6 month roadmap.  All the pieces are there for that, it's a case of putting it together and making a good user epxerience

I read the stuff on the hard fork rules... unanimous (or near it) consent kills any fork, which seemed like a naive thing to even suggest.

Additionally, the thing about the "accidental transaction" and the "wrong chain" has me a bit worried, sounds like a fork or a f-up, which no one is really solving.

The Dev (melvincarvalho) also says he stands ready help develop the coin, if it keeps going, not exactly sounding like he is into it, at the moment.

Then, you think about Bitmark Inc and I start wondering if Bitmark, as we know it, now, is just hoping to ride the coattails of the Chinese  project, Bitmark Inc with their funding announcements last year and other news they had.... I checked to see if there was a new wallet on bitmark.io and it is still Bitmark Core 0.9.4.0 beta despite the recent news of releases.... I guess we will see stuff "Soon" since

Blind faith is just as bad as trolling... it would be nice to see some alpha builds for the general public since nearer to production quality seems like they should have that....
onelineproof

Activity: 100
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 03:42:26 AM

Hi

I am a new developer of Bitmark, working on setting up a hard fork to enable multi-algo POW as well as a more intelligent subsidy adjustment. You can see my fork at https://github.com/piratelinux/bitmark/tree/0.9.6. The README there has been updated to include info about testing this new hard fork. It is currently in the testing phase, and many things may change rapidly with the code, but feel free to do early testing from now. You can confirm my role by asking user "dbkeys", but in the end we need strong consensus from the community and miners in order to make the changes.

The uncorrupted Bitmark protocol: https://github.com/bitmark-protocol/bitmark
Email <my username>@gmail.com 0xB6AC822C451D63046A2849E97DB7011CD53B564
dbkeys

Activity: 482
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:09:29 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 01:13:47 PM by dbkeys

Dev answers:
We'll be trading on SUPER net soon.  But my view is that liaising with polo and other exchanges is the top priority for this month at least, before the next online summit.  I dont trade, so it will have to be others that do that drive that.  Let's see how far we get. :slightly_smiling_face:

What I think what happened was an accidental transaction got orphaned, and one of the exchanges synced to the wrong chain causing a bit of confusion.  But I speculate.  It would be great to find out the reason for temp suspend of the wallet.  Then maybe we can fix the issue.

I hope wallet suspension is temporary and btm is not delisted.  Polo have said that they wont delist us as long as there is active development.  I stand ready to volunteer to help develop the coin, if it keeps gonig.  Hopefully, there will be more clarity as the month progresses.  Then we can so an online summit in June, the next roadmap, technical goals, outreach to new communities and marketing material ...

There is actually a lot of technology for marking already built, so its just a case of getting it (nearer) to production quality.  Smiley
 could have decentralized identity, storage, search, marking and payments all from a desktop client, with lots of very good content, in the next 6 month roadmap.  All the pieces are there for that, it's a case of putting it together and making a good user epxerience

I read the stuff on the hard fork rules... unanimous (or near it) consent kills any fork, which seemed like a naive thing to even suggest.

Additionally, the thing about the "accidental transaction" and the "wrong chain" has me a bit worried, sounds like a fork or a f-up, which no one is really solving.

The Dev (melvincarvalho) also says he stands ready help develop the coin, if it keeps going, not exactly sounding like he is into it, at the moment.

Then, you think about Bitmark Inc and I start wondering if Bitmark, as we know it, now, is just hoping to ride the coattails of the Chinese  project, Bitmark Inc with their funding announcements last year and other news they had.... I checked to see if there was a new wallet on bitmark.io and it is still Bitmark Core 0.9.4.0 beta despite the recent news of releases.... I guess we will see stuff "Soon" since
There is actually a lot of technology for marking already built, so its just a case of getting it (nearer) to production quality.  Smiley
 could have decentralized identity, storage, search, marking and payments all from a desktop client, with lots of very good content, in the next 6 month roadmap.  All the pieces are there for that, it's a case of putting it together and making a good user epxerience

Blind faith is just as bad as trolling... it would be nice to see some alpha builds for the general public since nearer to production quality seems like they should have that....

I rather think it's the other way around ... the Chinese bitmark.com is riding _our_ coattails.

The hard fork criteria outline proposed by Melvin Carvalho make good sense to me. As long as a majority of the community agree that it is a good thing, I don't think it need be 100% unanimous.

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
bananos

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:26:54 PM

Dev answers:

Then, you think about Bitmark Inc and I start wondering if Bitmark, as we know it, now, is just hoping to ride the coattails of the Chinese  project, Bitmark Inc with their funding announcements last year and other news they had.... I checked to see if there was a new wallet on bitmark.io and it is still Bitmark Core 0.9.4.0 beta despite the recent news of releases.... I guess we will see stuff "Soon" since

I rather think it's the other way around ... the Chinese bitmark.com is riding _our_ coattails.

The hard fork criteria outline proposed by Melvin Carvalho make good sense to me. As long as a majority of the community agree that it is a good think, I don't think it need be 100% unanimous.
Why you dont want to add masternode with POS+POW algo? You are lost in 2016-2015
juanp11

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:07:52 AM

The hard fork criteria outline proposed by Melvin Carvalho make good sense to me. As long as a majority of the community agree that it is a good think, I don't think it need be 100% unanimous.

I suspect that this will be one of those things we have to disagree on with regard to coattails as we view and interpret facts in different manners.

I was under the impression that development had rather stalled until late last year, and there was a new dev announced on twitter https://twitter.com/BitmarkUpdates/status/779533000778342401 .

Maybe, when I was checking on BTM in March of 2015 and dev update saying he was not not being very honest with us.... or the orphaning issues that have persisted for a very, very long time on BTM, are all things that would make a the Chinese Bitmark Inc people thing, your know what, we can totally make bank off of this project's name and its kick arse reputation. Then they launched their website in August of 2015 https://web.archive.org/web/20150801012258/https://bitmark.com/ .... but you know that is probably fake too. (I will admit, I hoped like heck those guys might be taking over BTM.)

Now, frankly, if you searched Bitmark at any point during 2016 or the last part of 2015, you got the bitmark.com website or I did and had to scroll down to the bitcointalk thread. Also, bitmark.io and bitmark.co did not even show up... and still do not. Maybe, I was just typing "bitmark" wrong.

Now, Bitmark Inc had news right around the same time we started seeing development again, after Bitmark Inc got the 1.7 million funding. Also, if I have to link you to the twitter post from the BTM team's twitter post and the funding if Bitmark Inc, you are not doing you due diligence on coins/tokens.

Perhaps, you would be willing to tell me why you do not see it BTM as riding the coattails of Bitmark Inc's news, presumably you are watching both projects like me and have noticed the price tends to tick up with Bitmark Inc press. I know the news, we get from twitter and slack but new features without some concrete movement on the mining issues feels like a repeat of 2015 to me.

And yes, I want BTM to succeed but unless these chain issues get solved sooner rather than later (forks are always later, which is unsettling), I do not have a great feeling about the BTM.

Lastly, I'd rather be honest and wrong than clueless and bag holding.
rendravolt

Activity: 1988
Merit: 520

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:45:59 AM

Hopefully not, given the bitmark is an old coin, coincided with the cloakcoin back then.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:39:42 PM

I was really bullish that something would happen with this latest "release" pump due to following

-wallet locked
-no polo delisting in latest round
-polo integration (always a good sign for pumps)
-increasingly active "development" chatter, not just from melvin

unfortunately ive asked a few times in twitter and there seems to be no real way to test the latest 'passport' nor any real confirmation of actual code

still, there is hope for a pump here. wouldnt recommend buying heavily but seems like a decent gamble proposition. weve got 3 months before next round of delists and i doubt polo will cut BTM pre-pump.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Noolz39

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:28:10 PM

can so an online summit in June, the next roadmap, technical goals, outreach to new communities and marketing - by Melvin Carvalho
 Roll Eyes BTM still the most cheaper altcoin in polo
i don't now why pump is not took place
old school coins are flying, but not btm
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: