Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
Allow

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:17:50 AM

@coinsolidation, are there any roadmap/whitepaper of this coin?

You can find all informations that you need here https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/wiki or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.0
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:05:31 AM

Is CPU mining from wallet profitable at this moment?
Maybe that was wrong question.
Another: Can I mine something with CPU or will it take eons ATM?

I understand that there will be possibility to invest in a mining pool from this document https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/wiki/IPM-Pool#how-does-the-investment-system-work

Is there any possibility to invest/buy some Bitmarks right now?

coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:31:44 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 09:46:18 AM by coinsolidation

I understand that there will be possibility to invest in a mining pool from this document https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/wiki/IPM-Pool#how-does-the-investment-system-work

It will take aeons to mine with a CPU.

If you would like to invest according to the IPM model you can do so right now, although it will be a manual process on my part and incur some trust on your part.

I have the stratum server set up for the IPM Pool and it needs tested.

You can donate to our BTC address 18rai2ichzUfXG6PVmUQLNPqBjtctnVRAD and provide me with a Bitmark address, I will then manually do the IPM process while creating the rest of the IPM Pool.

This will ensure that you get some BTM at a fair price, and help the project by allowing me to test the process properly and what has been built so far.

Alternatively you can ask if anyone will sell any, or hire a miner yourself.

Thank you for your interest in the project.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
tdokta

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:50:25 AM

a clear community sales ethos needs to be added to the agenda
We can have no such thing, that is unfair manipulation. We must be fair to community members who are not with us yet, that is in our best interests.

Even if we wanted to dictate what people did with their Bitmarks, it would never happen. People are going to do what they want.

aye, indeed they will, all depends on the holder of the coins selling, and the ethics towards bitmark's development process.

maybe my suggestion is out of context; in that it could be encouraged as part of an ethos, wasn't my intention to be dictatorial ...

sort of like: encourage a sales as required approach to trading and spending through direct exchange; rather than a capital gain for short term outcome.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:57:13 AM

If you would like to invest according to the IPM model you can do so right now, although it will be a manual process on my part and incur some trust on your part.

You can donate to our BTC address 18rai2ichzUfXG6PVmUQLNPqBjtctnVRAD and provide me with a Bitmark address, I will then manually do the IPM process while creating the rest of the IPM Pool.

This will ensure that you get some BTM at a fair price, and help the project by allowing me to test the process properly and what has been built so far.

If I send you some BTC how it will be counted how many Bitmarks I will get for them?

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:19:23 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 10:39:44 AM by coinsolidation

If I send you some BTC how it will be counted how many Bitmarks I will get for them?

It can be estimated each day based on the difficulty:

difficulty = 25.3615
required network hashrate = 907.7235 MH/s
maximum IPM pool hashrate = 317.7 MH/s

The exact figures can be calculated at the end of each 'days' mining, every 720 blocks. I will manually do the IPM Pool calculations and process.

Today's Estimate is 4788 BTM per $200, or $0.0418 per BTM, or 147.3 BTM per 0.01 BTC
Tomorrow's Estimate based on the IPM pool working at full capacity today: 4788 BTM per $270, or $0.0564 per BTM, or 109.1 BTM per 0.01 BTC

I am prepared to run the IPM Pool manually for 3 days, which places a theoretical hard cap on the total amount for a test run at $740 or 1.2 BTC maximum which should create about 14,360 BTM for investors and 750 BTM for the Bitmark Foundation.

There may be some variance in the exact figures, but at the end of each mining day the exact amounts will be reported.

Bitmarks created take a mining day to mature, so if you were to do this with me it would be roughly 24 hours from investment until the first days report, then another day for the Bitmarks to be mature and delivered to your account.

If anybody is interested in joining a three day test of the IPM pool as outlined above, please express interest and investment amount in this thread.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:32:43 AM

It can be estimated each day based on the difficulty:

difficulty = 25.3615
required network hashrate = 907.7235 MH/s
maximum IPM pool hashrate = 317.7 MH/s

The exact figures can be calculated at the end of each 'days' mining, every 720 blocks. I will manually do the IPM Pool calculations and process.

Today's Estimate is 4788 BTM per $200, or $0.0418 per BTM.
Tomorrow's Estimate based on the IPM pool working at full capacity today: 4788 BTM per $270, or $0.0564 per BTM.

I am prepared to run the IPM Pool manually for 3 days, which places a theoretical hard cap on the donation amount for a test run at $740 or 1.2 BTC maximum which should create about 14,360 BTM for investors and 750 BTM for the Bitmark Foundation.

There may be some variance in the exact figures, but at the end of each mining day the exact amounts will be reported.

Bitmarks created take a mining day to mature, so if you were to do this with me it would be roughly 24 hours from investment until the first days report, then another day for the Bitmarks to be mature and delivered to your account.

If anybody is interested in joining a three day test of the IPM pool as outlined above, please express interest and investment amount in this thread.

Thank you for your answer. I will consider it.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:37:58 AM

Thank you also

The post has been expanded a little. The simplified part is as follows:

Today's Estimate is 4788 BTM per $200, or $0.0418 per BTM, or 147.3 BTM per 0.01 BTC
Tomorrow's Estimate based on the IPM pool working at full capacity today: 4788 BTM per $270, or $0.0564 per BTM, or 109.1 BTM per 0.01 BTC

I am prepared to run the IPM Pool manually for 3 days, which places a theoretical hard cap on the total amount for a test run at $740 or 1.2 BTC maximum which should create about 14,360 BTM for investors and 750 BTM for the Bitmark Foundation.

If anybody is interested in joining a three day manual test of the IPM Pool proposal as outlined above, please express interest and investment amount in this thread.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:40:29 AM

Thank you also

The post has been expanded a little. The simplified part is as follows:

If anybody is interested in joining a three day manual test of the IPM Pool proposal as outlined above, please express interest and investment amount in this thread.

Investment in pool will differ from donation as you described above? I mean difference in a coins that we can get for it.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:47:21 AM

Investment in pool will differ from donation as you described above? I mean difference in a coins that we can get for it.

No, it is exactly the same as the IPM proposal except that it is run manually. 95% to investors and 5% to the Bitmark Foundation. The figures expressed above are all after the 5% has been applied.

This will help me automate the process to create the IPM Pool management program, create the reports, show the Bitmark community the IPM pool in action, and ensure you as an investor get Bitmark's at the fairest price, while stabilizing and increasing the value of your own investment.

dimfot

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 11:48:21 AM

I don' think it's time for this coin to hit the exchanges when we have only one pool for mining. exchanges are gonna find out for this coin if it turns out that we are a strong community. early miners tend to dump everything, better for us who can't mine it they fill our orders but if people start watching pumps and dumps in exchanges they will lose liability for this coin. my opinion is that we should consider for an exchange after 2-3 months. 2-3 months without exchange are going to show who is here to stay. and we need people that are here to stay and don't just dump the shit out of this coin and turn their backs to us.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:12:28 PM

exchanges

I am keen to close the issue discussion as quickly as possible, previously I have voiced my opinion

We must be tolerant of each other and balance our needs.

Most are in agreement that they are in no rush to list Bitmark on an exchange, and if it is listed they are not particularly interested in selling.

Most were also in agreement that there was no rush to have a mining pool yet we had one on launch and most of you used it.

It is wise to recognise that when Bitcoin launched there were no exchanges and no pools, and there was little demand, cryptographic currency was new. Bitmark does not belong to that time, it belongs to this time.

With that in mind, we can establish that exchanges exist, and that we will find ourselves on an exchange whether we like it or not, people will speculate, some will buy and some will sell BTM.

Some will see these as negative things, but they are to be expected and cannot be stopped.

We can offset this with the fact that exchanges make Bitmark more visible and simplify the process of acquiring it. It will also encourage more participation from a larger community.

Let us also consider that if Bitmark is not seen as being actively engaging the outward community, they will presume a group of people have slowly pre-mined a large amount of Bitmarks before exposing it properly. That would damage our efforts, and we need to be fair to those who are not with us yet.

I mentioned earlier that people are mining with their own hardware and worry about covering their costs, and others are hiring mining rigs because there is no exchange. The two parties could help each other by investors helping to cover the costs of mining then splitting the BTM between them fairly.

If you are already mining in some way then you must accept that you are speculating and hope to acquire some Bitmarks with the expectation their value will rise, you must be inclusive to others who wish to do the same, that is fair.

Mining pools will join, exchanges will join, people with short and long term interests will join.

Let us together identify which are fair reasonable pools and exchanges, for they will be part of our public face.

The sooner we do this, the sooner we can turn our conversations back to our work.
The problem I see with waiting, is what happens if an exchange begins trading bitmark and then turns out to be a bad player?

This is also my concern, we should recognise that exchanges and mining pools will often be the first point of contact people have with Bitmark, in a way they are part of our public face.

If they are incompetent or a bad player it will reflect badly on the efforts of all of us, the first place people will come to complain is here.

It is responsible for us to consider our future users best interests, whilst remaining as neutral as possible.

Due Diligence.

We should also remember that mining pools and exchanges are also Bitmark adopters, to be in communication with them and consider their needs will help. We may need to change some code, or ensure that checkpoints are created regularly, or other steps.

My Proposal
Submit the coin to Poloniex after discussing it's merits with them and their technical needs. This let's us say 'if you want to see Bitmark on an exchange, we feel this one has your interests at heart'.

Users who want to exchange Bitmark can then vote as they like, we would expect it to be several weeks before the coin would actually be added, if successful.

Then we can return to our interesting discussion about moving Bitmark forward.

Things on my to do list include
1. IPM Pool Test, Pool Manager Creation, and Launch
2. bitmarkj so we can have Hive and Multibit support
3. electrum fork so we can have another wallet
4. our new API so we can encourage adoption and have our own thin client which use full bitmark nodes as their data source
5. website, documentation, and tools for users
6. reference API libraries for major languages
7. toys like vanity address generation, firstbits, faucets
8. To launch Pfennig, the clone-able reference implementation of bitmark
9. integration with services like moolah.io so bitmark can be used
10. setting and achieving some milestones

This list is not in any particular order with the exception of 1. the IPM Pool. I would rather be focussing on these things though rather than discussion about exchanges.

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:22:55 PM

An open letter:

Dear Dev and Community.

I must admit I'm very impressed with what you are trying to create here. So impressed that I have been throwing ~ 55mh/s at the coin for over 3 days.  I missed the launch but got in at the end of the 16 diff round and have stuck around.  However as a somewhat experienced miner there may be a few reality checks that need to be discussed.

1. The hashrate is tanking. Why? Because nobody knows about the coin. Why? Because you all are too busy being idealistic rather than pragmatic.  Yes, I'm a miner and probably talking through my wallet. But I've got to pay the bills like everyone else.  The coin needs to have a value sooner rather than later to attract interest.  Which leads me to point 2.

2. Exchanges.  Several pages of waffle have been devoted to exchanges. Should we, shouldn't we, which one.  All wasted electrons. You don't get to pick an exchange, they pick you.  If you are not careful some 3rd rate exchange will pop up and list BTM.  That is a kiss of death.  I would suggest approaching Bittrex ASAP. They are probably the pick of the 2nd level exchanges and also the most likely to list a promising coin.  Don't over reach. Avoid Craptsy if at all possible. I hate them with a passion. Sorry - personal opinion.  But before any exchange will show any interest you need to think about point #3.

3. Supply and demand.  I have no problems with the supply. It's issue rate is just about perfect.  Demand however is a problem.  Why would anyone want to own BTM?  It has no real world usage. The fact is that the only crypto with real world usage is BTC.  I can buy everything from a house to a hooker with BTC.  There are various coins that have tried to enable real world usage of their coin.  NLG springs to mind.  I can buy a Subway sandwich with NLG. Shame I live 10,000 miles away from The Netherlands and their 2 Subway shops....  The coin either needs to become a trusted source of value like LTC (which has no real world usage) or a coin that can be used in real life.  I'm guessing that being the next LTC is a worthy goal but is it achievable?

I'm putting my flame proof suit on now.. Although I'm hoping that people read through the above post twice before lashing out.  I'm not a troll, just the opposite, I'm one of the top miners of this coin and I want it to succeed. I'm ben96c on the pool if you don't believe me.

powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:29:13 PM

An open letter:

Dear Dev and Community.

I must admit I'm very impressed with what you are trying to create here. So impressed that I have been throwing ~ 55mh/s at the coin for over 3 days.  I missed the launch but got in at the end of the 16 diff round and have stuck around.  However as a somewhat experienced miner there may be a few reality checks that need to be discussed.

1. The hashrate is tanking. Why? Because nobody knows about the coin. Why? Because you all are too busy being idealistic rather than pragmatic.  Yes, I'm a miner and probably talking through my wallet. But I've got to pay the bills like everyone else.  The coin needs to have a value sooner rather than later to attract interest.  Which leads me to point 2.

2. Exchanges.  Several pages of waffle have been devoted to exchanges. Should we, shouldn't we, which one.  All wasted electrons. You don't get to pick an exchange, they pick you.  If you are not careful some 3rd rate exchange will pop up and list BTM.  That is a kiss of death.  I would suggest approaching Bittrex ASAP. They are probably the pick of the 2nd level exchanges and also the most likely to list a promising coin.  Don't over reach. Avoid Craptsy if at all possible. I hate them with a passion. Sorry - personal opinion.  But before any exchange will show any interest you need to think about point #3.

3. Supply and demand.  I have no problems with the supply. It's issue rate is just about perfect.  Demand however is a problem.  Why would anyone want to own BTM?  It has no real world usage. The fact is that the only crypto with real world usage is BTC.  I can buy everything from a house to a hooker with BTC.  There are various coins that have tried to enable real world usage of their coin.  NLG springs to mind.  I can buy a Subway sandwich with NLG. Shame I live 10,000 miles away from The Netherlands and their 2 Subway shops....  The coin either needs to become a trusted source of value like LTC (which has no real world usage) or a coin that can be used in real life.  I'm guessing that being the next LTC is a worthy goal but is it achievable?

I'm putting my flame proof suit on now.. Although I'm hoping that people read through the above post twice before lashing out.  I'm not a troll, just the opposite, I'm one of the top miners of this coin and I want it to succeed. I'm ben96c on the pool if you don't believe me.

No need for the flame suit.  What your saying does make a lot of sense.  Bitmark has built a solid foundation, now lets venture out into the wild crypto world.

I feel with coinsolidation as the dev, yes BM can be the next LTC.
dimfot

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:54:04 PM

An open letter:

Dear Dev and Community.

I must admit I'm very impressed with what you are trying to create here. So impressed that I have been throwing ~ 55mh/s at the coin for over 3 days.  I missed the launch but got in at the end of the 16 diff round and have stuck around.  However as a somewhat experienced miner there may be a few reality checks that need to be discussed.

1. The hashrate is tanking. Why? Because nobody knows about the coin. Why? Because you all are too busy being idealistic rather than pragmatic.  Yes, I'm a miner and probably talking through my wallet. But I've got to pay the bills like everyone else.  The coin needs to have a value sooner rather than later to attract interest.  Which leads me to point 2.

2. Exchanges.  Several pages of waffle have been devoted to exchanges. Should we, shouldn't we, which one.  All wasted electrons. You don't get to pick an exchange, they pick you.  If you are not careful some 3rd rate exchange will pop up and list BTM.  That is a kiss of death.  I would suggest approaching Bittrex ASAP. They are probably the pick of the 2nd level exchanges and also the most likely to list a promising coin.  Don't over reach. Avoid Craptsy if at all possible. I hate them with a passion. Sorry - personal opinion.  But before any exchange will show any interest you need to think about point #3.

3. Supply and demand.  I have no problems with the supply. It's issue rate is just about perfect.  Demand however is a problem.  Why would anyone want to own BTM?  It has no real world usage. The fact is that the only crypto with real world usage is BTC.  I can buy everything from a house to a hooker with BTC.  There are various coins that have tried to enable real world usage of their coin.  NLG springs to mind.  I can buy a Subway sandwich with NLG. Shame I live 10,000 miles away from The Netherlands and their 2 Subway shops....  The coin either needs to become a trusted source of value like LTC (which has no real world usage) or a coin that can be used in real life.  I'm guessing that being the next LTC is a worthy goal but is it achievable?

I'm putting my flame proof suit on now.. Although I'm hoping that people read through the above post twice before lashing out.  I'm not a troll, just the opposite, I'm one of the top miners of this coin and I want it to succeed. I'm ben96c on the pool if you don't believe me.

No need for the flame suit.  What your saying does make a lot of sense.  Bitmark has built a solid foundation, now lets venture out into the wild crypto world.

I feel with coinsolidation as the dev, yes BM can be the next LTC.

I totally agree with the 3rd rate exchanges. these shitholes destroy all coins. also i agree with the craptsy thing.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:59:35 PM

An open letter:

Dear Dev and Community.

Thank you, and I agree with all that you say Smiley Some points which are not clarified in my previous post are as follows

1. Hashrate has dropped as hired mining rigs from those who wanted to invest at launch have tailed off.

2. We do not want to be the next LTC. We have already created, compiled, tested, and successfully released a new scrypt codebase which effectively replaces litecoin's both for our own project and for new scrypt clones (pfennig). Additionally we have configured the block chain to be more suitable to the crypto currency era we are in now. To me the 'next ltc' milestone was passed when we launched, the technical foundation is there. From now we focus on demand and easing adoption, that is our only focus.

I am glad you feel supply has been balanced fairly, that bodes well for us and gives some merit to the rationale of pre-launch decisions documented on the wiki.

As for demand, and focussing on adoption, I hope we can turn the thread back in that direction, as I said in my previous post there are plenty of interesting things to be discussing.

Hopefully no flame suit is required here Smiley

I do not wish to flame LTC as I admire many in their community, but technically Bitmark is what you would get if Litecoin was created today rather than years ago. I am sure any non-bias programmer would confirm this as a fact. That is technically only, Bitmark's focus after launch, and budding community (hopefully), are quite different.

Status: We are looking for people to join the IPM Pool Test over the next 3 days.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:33:04 PM

Status: We are looking for people to join the IPM Pool Test over the next 3 days.

I dont have a great graphic card for mining but would like to join the Pool test group.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 01:47:00 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 01:57:14 PM by coinsolidation

I dont have a great graphic card for mining but would like to join the Pool test group.

The 'Investor Private Mining (IPM) Pool' works the opposite way, investors put BTC in to get BTM out, as documented here on the IPM Pool proposal
All hashing power is rented.

The test run will beginning soon I believe, two parties have already stated privately that they will join, I have asked them to say this publicly too in the interests of transparency.

U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:53:14 PM

CPU or GPU?

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:55:37 PM

The 'Investor Private Mining (IPM) Pool' works the opposite way, investors put BTC in to get BTM out, as documented here on the IPM Pool proposal
All hashing power is rented.

The test run will beginning soon I believe, two parties have already stated privately that they will join, I have asked the to say this publicly too in the interests of transparency.

Ouh silly me, I have read it before and forgot that it will be only for mining investors Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: