Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:00:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622154 times)
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:46:39 AM

Hopefully ideas and interesting things will start heading in to overdrive very very soon Wink

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:36:21 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 10:26:04 AM by Androidicus

https://www.miningpool.co unavailable

Stratum seems ok as rigs showing pool live and accepting shares.

EDIT: 2014.09.01 11:24 Now back up...

Hopefully ideas and interesting things will start heading in to overdrive very very soon Wink

I believe this will be the case...  Smiley

Failure is success waiting to happen...
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 11:47:01 AM

spent most of last night reviewing identifi from sirius/martti, spoken with him about it all day so far. It seems that our projects have mutual needs, so will be working to have identifi in with marking, which will give us a big open p2p trust network as another backbone for our system Smiley

Androidicus

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:26:23 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 09:49:19 PM by Androidicus

Oh what a surprise... not

Network Hashrate   9.5806 GH/s
Current Difficulty   58.8698

miningpool.co
Code:
1	S****i        1.4327 GH/s       9,791.22
2 Wilko          40.264 MH/s         275.17

MineP.it up to 2.14 GH/s
Code:
32,665	S****i	9/1 5:18:48 PM	117.22% (4,522,477)
32,651 S****i 9/1 5:12:18 PM 247.97% (9,566,903)
32,636 S****i 9/1 5:05:09 PM 144.31% (5,567,660)

Envious? I've been doing steady 40MH/s through the whole 235 Dif

Edit: And back up to 212.56...

Androidicus

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:33:10 PM

spent most of last night reviewing identifi from sirius/martti, spoken with him about it all day so far. It seems that our projects have mutual needs, so will be working to have identifi in with marking, which will give us a big open p2p trust network as another backbone for our system Smiley

Very interesting - skim read the Git info - will try and absorb it properly!  Smiley

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:56:13 PM

If you have not done so already, check out Identifi (http://identi.fi/), use and become familiar with it. It shall help bring some perspective to the direction in which we are going. Additionally, it provides a behind the scenes glimpse of what the Bitmark Team has been up to...work, work, work!

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

Do you have a rough comparison of the amount of BTM you mined during the high diff and low diff period?
Androidicus

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:24:35 AM

Do you have a rough comparison of the amount of BTM you mined during the high diff and low diff period?

Este, I would have to do a bit of analysis of the transaction log - will report back...

tdokta

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:08:33 AM

i figured out what i was missing the other day re the difficulty. hadn't equated the slowness of the blocks vs the number of days to change to lower diff, rather than the standard 11hrs.

also i see that we miners that are sticking to the network are true and all else are here to get the short term payout, not complaining, but would be nice to have a greater reward over the slow period for those that are sticking with the program ... or maybe the big miners stick around rather than increasing the diff and running. hopefully one day.

Androidicus

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:49:58 AM

i figured out what i was missing the other day re the difficulty. hadn't equated the slowness of the blocks vs the number of days to change to lower diff, rather than the standard 11hrs.

also i see that we miners that are sticking to the network are true and all else are here to get the short term payout, not complaining, but would be nice to have a greater reward over the slow period for those that are sticking with the program ... or maybe the big miners stick around rather than increasing the diff and running. hopefully one day.

For my part, and some might say I'm a fool, I have all my eggs in the one basket that I feel most likely to succeed in the crypto sea.

I am mining no other currency; no more multi-switching-to-BTC pools - just 100% commitment to Bitmark. I am working on some projects with a view to adoption and trying to leverage more time to apply to such projects.

Yes, massive hash rate applied as soon as the diff drops - nature of the beast unfortunately.

Mark - any news on the IPM yet? (It's not unusual for me to miss announcements!)  Smiley

tdokta

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:30:54 PM

For my part, and some might say I'm a fool, I have all my eggs in the one basket that I feel most likely to succeed in the crypto sea.

I am mining no other currency; no more multi-switching-to-BTC pools - just 100% commitment to Bitmark. I am working on some projects with a view to adoption and trying to leverage more time to apply to such projects.

Yes, massive hash rate applied as soon as the diff drops - nature of the beast unfortunately.

Mark - any news on the IPM yet? (It's not unusual for me to miss announcements!)  Smiley

same with us, hanging in there to support the growth of the bitmark network, at this point in time it is working, as long as the price of bitmark hovers around 20-25k sats then its all working for us. 
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:44:21 AM

The buy support is gone.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:16:13 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 08:39:05 AM by tobeaj2mer01

@coinsolidation, can you reply my message, I PMed you two times but no answers.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:23:43 AM

@tobeaj2mer01,
give some proof or shut up!

Mark is honest man,working 25h daily....I dont beleive in ur words!

From your post history we can see what player you are!

Man, I am an investor,  I will wait until Mark is online to give me some explanation,  if not, I will post the screenshot of PM history. I trust him, but he break his words two times and then I PMed him two times but get no answer, so I post my words here.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:44:09 AM

For the quickest responses email mark@bitmark.co at any time - I'm online many hours each day.

tobeaj2mer01 is correct, and is a good man, yet we are also unclear.

Here is our conversation from pm around the time of investment:

I must concede that you were correct. Bitmark has grown faster than I expected, as you will see if you have been following developments.
I can no longer balance my time between bitmark, paid work, and family life.

I have spoken to the community, and we have proposed an idea.

To crowd fund the development of important adoption focused side projects such as 'GetMarked'.
The crowd funding process allows us to measure demand.
Funders or investors have a portion of their investment turned in to Bitmarks by mining.
The project increases the value of each bitmark by increasing adoption, which solidifies the investment of any funder.

I am proposing GetMarked fully today, although the outline is already on thread.

Several people have already committed to provide servers, to work on marketing, to provide graphic design, and help with development.

We will be seeking to secure total funding of up to 8 BTC (tbc), to start development of GetMarked with immediate effect, completing development within two weeks.

Main bitmark development and management will remain non funded. These adoption based side projects will ensure bitmark has full attention.

Do you feel this is a reasonable limited risk approach to short term development through the first year?
Would you be interested in re-expressing your BTC pledge?

I hope you do not mind me reaching out to you in this way, if you feel it is unwanted attention please let me know.

Adoption
Creating GetMarked will be enjoyable, I feel it is something my friends and family would use.

Reputation systems such as scores, karma, and likes have proven successful, Marks are a distributed reputation system which can follow a user around the web, and also real life. The novel part is that they are backed by currency, they are literally currency, the more the marking system is used the higher the value of each single mark. This adds a layer of competition and incentivization for users, they will compete for marks and watch the value rise. Natural milestones exist, to get 1000 Marks, and later 100, adoption milestones where a mark is worth a cent, then ten. Eventually marking something could be synonymous with paying for something. Marks are to be earned, each mark earned by an individual adds value to all.

Consider marks to be spendable karma, an amusing post on a social network could pay for your coffee, marking a video of the crisis in syria could pay for aid on the ground, marking an article about a mistreated animal could pay for it's shelter, and marking this idea could pay for it's creation.

If I can explain it's far reaching impact in under a minute, then getmarked has merit and should be a priority for our project.

Mark

Sir, I will read all new posts to understand what this is and how it works then  I can decide if I can pledge some BTC or share my ideas, I am a little busy recently, thanks.

Thank you.

This will save you some time:

I have condensed the Get Marked proposal here: https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/wiki/Get-Marked

To ensure translation is okay: 'Marking' is like 'Scoring' in English, and a 'Mark' is a 'Score'.

The investment proposal is follows:

I started defining an unnamed project on this thread exactly 1 month ago today. What is achievable in a single month is clear to see.
To do the same thing for GetMarked and have it adopted and being actively used by non crypto web citizens can be achieved by this date next month.

To balance my families needs, paid work, and bitmark is nearly impossible. To balance all of that and getmarked is impossible.
If I can replace the paid work for clients with a funding/investment to create getmarked, then balance is restored and even more than the last month is achievable.
6 BTC would cover my families needs, all project resources, enable some tips to those helping.
2 BTC would provide a reasonable amount of BTM as investment to those who invested.

After a month we would have bitmark a month more mature, and getmarked beginning to be adopted and used.

The work on bitmark and getmarked will continue with or without this, I do not want to loose our momentum or burn out.

Any future adoption focused side projects would be proposed by me or others, and considered at that time. Some may take a few hours, or some a few weeks, many will fall out naturally and with no cost incurred, others may need some financial commitment in order to be completed.

Taking this transparent approach is fairer, less expensive, less risk, and more guaranteed than anything like IPO, as if getmarked is not of merit and does not earn value then any subsequent proposal would be rejected by any potential investors.

I look forward to our status in one years time, for then the bitmark foundation will cover funding for anything the community decides is worth doing.

Warm Regards,

Mark

Sir
From an investors perspective, they invest a coin to help the coin get bigger and take the failed and other unexpected risk, when the coin succeeds, they can get more, more and more investors focus on the innovation and the future of the coins, to see if the coin can bring some benefit to our real life  regarding Bitmark, I think we should make a plan to attract investors to get enough money, like VIA, they just make a plan not even a white paper, but they raised 600+ BTC, they have enough money to cover the development fee.
In my opinion the issue is not 8 BTC thing, you may need more money to cover the next development.
If we just count on donations , it doesn't work.

I agree.

I think each project development should ask for funding when it the project is proposed.
For now, we can create GetMarked for 8 BTC. Maybe the next project will need more or less.
By keeping cost down investors can make a bigger margin.
We can scale as we grow. For now we can do much with little Smiley

May I ask if you are interested?

Best Regards,

Mark

I can pledge 0.5 BTC for this one.

Context is important, the messages were discussing the then current funding proposal in it's earliest incarnation:

I started defining an unnamed project on this thread exactly 1 month ago today. What is achievable in a single month is clear to see.
To do the same thing for GetMarked and have it adopted and being actively used by non crypto web citizens can be achieved by this date next month.

To balance my families needs, paid work, and bitmark is nearly impossible. To balance all of that and getmarked is impossible.
If I can replace the paid work for clients with a funding/investment to create getmarked, then balance is restored and even more than the last month is achievable.
6 BTC would cover my families needs, all project resources, enable some tips to those helping.
2 BTC would provide a reasonable amount of BTM as investment to those who invested.

After a month we would have bitmark a month more mature, and getmarked beginning to be adopted and used.

The work on bitmark and getmarked will continue with or without this, I do not want to loose our momentum or burn out.

Any future adoption focused side projects would be proposed by me or others, and considered at that time. Some may take a few hours, or some a few weeks, many will fall out naturally and with no cost incurred, others may need some financial commitment in order to be completed.

Taking this transparent approach is fairer, less expensive, less risk, and more guaranteed than anything like IPO, as if getmarked is not of merit and does not earn value then any subsequent proposal would be rejected by any potential investors.

I look forward to our status in one years time, for then the bitmark foundation will cover funding for anything the community decides is worth doing.

At the time of investment the marking document he read stated:

Donations can be made anonymously by sending bitcoin to 18rai2ichzUfXG6PVmUQLNPqBjtctnVRAD, or if they are claimed 20% of the donation amount is converted to Marks and returned to the donor as thanks.

Notice there is a discrepancy between both those last quotes, the first equates to 25% returned as BTM, and the second to 20% returned as BTM.

Subsequently tobeaj2mer01 did invest 0.5 BTC.

The issue is that tobeaj2mer01 needs some BTM for his investment, and I have agreed to send him a 'fair' amount of BTM.

But it is unclear whether that should be:

1. 20% (0.1 BTC) worth of BTM
2. 25% (0.125 BTC) worth of BTM
3. 100% (0.5 BTC) worth of BTM

And for each of those at which price point?

As a community what is your understanding after reading that, and what is a fair amount of BTM to be sending back in return for his early investment?

I had been working on the basis of 3, and trying to put anything I could in to acquiring additional BTM to send to tobeaj2mer01 to resolve this.

Hope that helps clarify as to the current status - I will link tobeaj2mer01 here to read this also and comment.

Let us first resolve this, then I will reply to other posts in a separate response.

Warm Regards,

Mark

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:51:57 AM

You should use irc if u realy wonna talk with him,everybody know that he is there 15h at day...

I am not in irc all too much these days, mainly because I keep getting netsplits and disconnects, every time I return to my client or the web client it's disconnected - and also as it could be a little distracting.

Myself and other team members are online all day in slack, anybody can join, please send me an email for an invite, (or ask medic or estenuno). It's the nicest chat free from all speculation, just people working and updating.

I can be contacted at mark@bitmark.co any time also, this is the fastest route to me.

Or alternatively you can add me to skype for longer conversations, Mark.Bitmark is my username.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:19:50 AM

IPM

Let's update as to the status of the project.

Marking is the primary focus and is being discussed intensively outwith this forum, with academics, technology specialists, socio economic specialists, people working on future systems, hackers, institutes, other projects, teams of students - the first primitive usages of marking (through twitter, and irc) are currently being created.

Discussion is mainly around how it will work technically, how it relates to Web of Trust and accountability, how it applies to decentralized autonomous organisations, communities, companies, and how it will utilize identifi among other technologies.

This is the primary part of the project, the primary usage, and sorry but also the part that will bring in funding to allow us to make it all a reality, so it is given precedence.

Outstanding we have:

1. An IPM pool which is 95% complete, it requires some UI elements and integration with ...
2. The bitmark.co website, which is 75% compete, and requires some further work,
3. A user focused website about the daily use marking, this is nearing completion and is to be released with the first usable marking, the twitter integration.

I have written these in chronological order, to the overall project and to maintain progress and enable further progress as our project rapidly evolves, they are required in reverse order.

If marking were to be released right now it would be used by many and spur our project on in multiple interested communities, if bitmark.co was released right now it would be viewed by a few, if the IPM pool were released right now there would be maybe two miners wanting to swap on to it to get some btc, and all investors who would potentially use it would find it cheaper to buy on market.

Scope grows daily, so many people are coming to the project from every corner of the web, and also many people who want to work on it part and full time.

Everything reduces to what is in demand, and bluntly, funding. If we were a well funded project there would be a team of people working round the clock on many different aspects and producing great things, that's in addition to my own productivity increasing substantially - given even quarter of the funding of these IPO scams people are so keen to invest in we'd be one of the most exciting productive and innovative projects on the web, let alone this forum. This is not the case, so please bare with me whilst I (and others) react to demand and have several meetings per day, we are working incredibly hard to create something new with far reaching impact and scope, far beyond the scope of this forum and existing crypto currency userbases, and beyond that of all current alt-coins combined.

Androidicus

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:56:45 AM

Everything reduces to what is in demand, and bluntly, funding. If we were a well funded project there would be a team of people working round the clock on many different aspects and producing great things, that's in addition to my own productivity increasing substantially - given even quarter of the funding of these IPO scams people are so keen to invest in we'd be one of the most exciting productive and innovative projects on the web, let alone this forum. This is not the case, so please bare with me whilst I (and others) react to demand and have several meetings per day, we are working incredibly hard to create something new with far reaching impact and scope, far beyond the scope of this forum and existing crypto currency userbases, and beyond that of all current alt-coins combined.

In the early days I donated 50BTM then later, a further 200BTM as i did not see why Mark should both develop and fund the original proposed getMarked 'pot' (200BTM at that time). Later still, I donated an additional 0.2BTC This was all before the idea of 'Developer Loans'... Perhaps the key word here is donated

So, what am I looking for? Simple; for Bitmark & Marking and any other associated service to grow and evolve into a fully fledged globally accepted thing of value. Not simply that as a result its BTC price will rocket and return me a nice profit, but more so that the services adopting & using Bitmark / Marking will flourish with it.

If I had the funds, I would not wait one heartbeat to be speaking with Mark about his weekly, monthly etc. financial needs and how his full time attention to the project could be guaranteed.

I believe there is a significantly 'bigger picture' here than mere investment & return...

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:14:56 PM

In the early days I donated 50BTM then later, a further 200BTM as i did not see why Mark should both develop and fund the original proposed getMarked 'pot' (200BTM at that time). Later still, I donated an additional 0.2BTC This was all before the idea of 'Developer Loans'... Perhaps the key word here is donated

So, what am I looking for? Simple; for Bitmark & Marking and any other associated service to grow and evolve into a fully fledged globally accepted thing of value. Not simply that as a result its BTC price will rocket and return me a nice profit, but more so that the services adopting & using Bitmark / Marking will flourish with it.

If I had the funds, I would not wait one heartbeat to be speaking with Mark about his weekly, monthly etc. financial needs and how his full time attention to the project could be guaranteed.

I believe there is a significantly 'bigger picture' here than mere investment & return...

Thanks, that is exactly it.

Somebody with contacts and your exact mentality is currently working hard to reach out VCs who have future interest in the system we are creating (not the currency btm), perhaps something will come of that.

I quote: "it's a bit fkn annoying that timelines / cash, become so difficult when doing stuff you believe in.  hopefully we can change that paradigm [with marking]".

The irony is that this project provides the funding model for any project like it in the future, in any domain, it's a crowd sourced funding model and reputation system where if you work hard and create things people like, the likes given (marks) directly translate to money which funds what you do organically.

LOL

neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:29:23 PM

Good thinking and big thanks to You!
It is a great pleasure to have man like you in community like this.

Regards to all

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: