Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:40:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:07:24 AM

What's up with the hash rate? I threw a 90 mh contract rig at it for 3 weeks, but it expired on tuesday. Did everyone else's expire at the same time? I might do another, but it will have to be at a much lower hash rate as the reward was no where near as good as just buying BTM, but i'll do what i can to support the network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:05:54 AM

What's up with the hash rate?

Nothing is up about it, it's very much down.  Smiley

Yesterday for example only 1160 BTM were created, less than 10% of what would have been normally.

Very happy about this, we have a very active team which is now in the double digits working daily, hardly any BTM being created, and a low volume market.

It's very healthy if you consider it in terms of currency, you see even with a room full of miners or a bank full of cash, you couldn't acquire enough BTM to become a whale no matter what you tried.
Or if you consider it in terms of a project, there is no noise or distractions, just lots of productivity.

It's nicer to have a busy team environment and an inbox full of interested parties, than a thread full of speculators, shills or noise.

Please do not worry about hashrate or price, we have ensured that both will be relatively stable and grow smoothly when our systems are being used, which is not now as we are creating them.

If anybody feels it's all a little boring, you are perhaps looking at the wrong things - check out our open project management, look at our github, or join in with our team on stack, I can assure you that side is anything but boring, and that's where it matters.

Warmest regards & thank you to all for letting us work without distractions, and to the many who are joining in.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:26:15 AM

no website
An official Flagship website does not yet exist, however it is almost complete. We will launch when we are satisfied with the quality of the product. We are currently developing many exciting things, one of them being Marking.

Here are some worthwhile links to read, and get acquainted with the Project.

https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/wiki

https://github.com/project-bitmark/marking/wiki

https://trello.com/b/lG3Vefkx/general (Project Tracking)

I hope the website launching soon Smiley
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:28:50 PM

Yesterday for example only 1160 BTM were created, less than 10% of what would have been normally.

Very happy about this, we have a very active team which is now in the double digits working daily, hardly any BTM being created, and a low volume market.

It's very healthy if you consider it in terms of currency, you see even with a room full of miners or a bank full of cash, you couldn't acquire enough BTM to become a whale no matter what you tried.
Or if you consider it in terms of a project, there is no noise or distractions, just lots of productivity.

It's nicer to have a busy team environment and an inbox full of interested parties, than a thread full of speculators, shills or noise.

Please do not worry about hashrate or price, we have ensured that both will be relatively stable and grow smoothly when our systems are being used, which is not now as we are creating them.

If anybody feels it's all a little boring, you are perhaps looking at the wrong things - check out our open project management, look at our github, or join in with our team on stack, I can assure you that side is anything but boring, and that's where it matters.

Warmest regards & thank you to all for letting us work without distractions, and to the many who are joining in.

Applause, the distribution is in slow-mo, the development at light speed - I've never seen a more transparent coin!

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:45:32 PM

Applause, the distribution is in slow-mo, the development at light speed - I've never seen a more transparent coin!

Well put Wink

Failure is success waiting to happen...
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:13:41 PM

We have a new team member Markus - you should follow him on twitter @RobotMarkus.

Markus is our very own hubot integrated in to our team environment on slack to save us time and automate all those repeatable tasks like manage trello, posting tweets, checking the network and markets, and so forth. Markus has great potential and I am sure we will be using him to send marks around the internet soon.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

We have moved to cold storage wallets for project funds, the new addresses are as follows for future transactions:

Donations: 1KsbYk2rMvwg456PyPmLuEgERPwyuxtGRL
Developer Loans: 17Vy1BM7P6AsqoFmSpWMzdj2aeAKwGW2n3

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 02:41:56 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 06:54:39 PM by coinsolidation

for transparency

This seems like a unique opportunity to do something good.

I would propose that a percentage of funds raised or minted are send to a community foundation with a multisig wallet, where representatives of each coin included are the key holders, the funds could then be used to sponsor open source work - including critically expert review of libjl777 in the context of security and potential ddos holes, it could also be used to back good causes in the same way.

From the numbers mentioned on the ann, I can see no problem with scraping off 5-10%, or minting an additional 5-10%, for this purpose. It would effectively quantitatively easy the initial distribution also, making it a bit fairer for all.
I have only 1% of funds raised for budget, but maybe this is enough for making some bounties
you have some very good ideas
could use more people on the Superteam!
I am constrained on the use of funds by the posts in this thread. I wish you had mentioned these good ideas before funding started

now we would need to do a Voting to allow for new usage of funds

You do not need to use any of the 1%, you can simply mint more more UNITY, whatever is bought +x% and put the additional in to a fund.

A vote would be useful to gauge the sentiments of your growing community, one would hope nobody would seek to prevent such a thing going forward.

I would have mentioned but you moved really fast, was not aware until too late. To quickly resolve an issue before it arises, we (bitmark) wish not to be part of the supernet (*), but are happy to support any well spirited project with time and thought when we can.

(*) if you would like the reason's as to why I'm happy to expand.

I will list the reasons here to archive.

1. The architectural approach of supernet (cross daemon p2p communication) conflicts with our own architectural approach, which is to expose data through public APIs and have things integrated by layering on top in a modular decoupled way.

2. The ethical approach of supernet conflicts with our own philosophy of earned value through end user usage and adoption together with our work to avoid hype and speculative price-tag inflation (both hand in hand).

3. Critically, we are creating two things, a well defined API, and a web scale reputation+monetary system, neither of these are applicable to supernet as I understand it, the first once proven can be integrated in to any recent bitcoin based code base, and the second works at a layer above.

4. We could not accept or merge the supernet code until it was mature, expertly tested, and proven over time. See also (1) which would make it impossible. If in the future supernet was created in a modular way, as a separate application which communicated to coin daemon's via api, then bitmark would be supported anyway with each person using it optionally.

5. Signal to noise, lack of hype and lack of speculation keeps our conversation and threads on topic, allowing us to focus on working and creating the things we need to - which are not so much crypto currency daemon related, more on the layers above.

This is no negative reflection on supernet or the work of James et al, it is simply a statement that our mid term goals and approaches are different, which is healthy, we can't all be doing the same things.

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:50:04 PM

Thank you for the Update Mark - Always good to be proactive. Wise move & IMO you handled this well.

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:17:47 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 05:55:36 PM by coinsolidation

Cross post regarding Bitmark and SuperNET.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

James and I have been discussing both SuperNET and Bitmark extensively, to see how they may benefit the wider community together.

We have a gentleman's agreement that:

1. Our future extensive work on creating a public api which liberates the block chain and mounts it on the web will be applied in the future to supernet, once it is tested matured and proven, so all coins which implement supernet will benefit from our work.

2. Marking will be integrated in to the SuperNET GUI once ready to layer on additional functionality, such as voting where all candidates get a fair apportionment of reputation+money based on merit and demand, rather than traditional voting which entails picking a single winner.

3. Ongoing outreach and communication between both projects, to align work and vision, and drive the effort of consolidation together, with any other like minded projects who may share complimenting goals.

We will not be joining SuperNET as there is no benefit to either of us in doing so, but we will be joining in the spirit and working closely together.

I'd like to thank James for his time and understanding, he is a busy man but I believe he has best interests at heart, and critically some moral fiber.

Warm Regards,

Mark, on behalf of the Bitmark Community.

btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:49:51 AM

James and I have been discussing both SuperNET and Bitmark extensively, to see how they may benefit the wider community together.

1. Our future extensive work on creating a public api which liberates the block chain and mounts it on the web will be applied in the future to supernet, once it is tested matured and proven, so all coins which implement supernet will benefit from our work.

2. Marking will be integrated in to the SuperNET GUI once ready to layer on additional functionality, such as voting where all candidates get a fair apportionment of reputation+money baed on merit and demand, rather than traditional voting which entails picking a single winner.

3. Ongoing outreach and communication between both projects, to align work and vision, and drive the effort of consolidation together, with any other like minded projects who may share complimenting goals.

We will not be joining SuperNET as there is no benefit to either of us in doing so, but we will be joining in the spirit and working closely together.

I'd like to thank James for his time and understanding, he is a busy man but I believe he has best interests at heart, and critically some moral fiber.

Warm Regards,

Joining the Supernet would bring Bitmark much more attention though.
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:26:34 AM

WOW!
I was very impressed about Supernet and my first thought was " I hope Bitmark will join". But after reading Mark´s post i see again what a bourgeois i am respectively what a man of genius Mark is.

Much respect!

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:51:02 PM

"We will not be joining SuperNET as there is no benefit to either of us in doing so, but we will be joining in the spirit and working closely together"

so does that mean bitmark is or isnt joining? :/

this:

2. Marking will be integrated in to the SuperNET GUI once ready to layer on additional functionality, such as voting where all candidates get a fair apportionment of reputation+money baed on merit and demand, rather than traditional voting which entails picking a single winner.

Warm Regards,

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:03:39 PM

"We will not be joining SuperNET as there is no benefit to either of us in doing so, but we will be joining in the spirit and working closely together"

Succinctly, you are correct Bitmark will not join SuperNet. However, Bitmark will offer assistance as well as the integration of Marking into their UI.

The scope of Bitmark would not benefit from joining as noted by Mark. Thank You

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:20:35 PM

Succinctly, you are correct Bitmark will not join SuperNet. However, Bitmark will offer assistance as well as the integration of Marking into their UI.

Why Bitmark will offer assistance etc to supernetwork is they are not joining, what Bitmark wil gain from it?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:43:23 PM

Why Bitmark will offer assistance etc to supernetwork is they are not joining, what Bitmark wil gain from it?

publicity

I thought so, but I was expecting a more eloquent answer Smiley

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:50:04 PM

publicity

I thought so, but I was expecting a more eloquent answer Smiley

It is the opposite, we do not want the publicity and would suffer from it - check every post from every previous page and this will be clear.

We prefer to work quietly creating new useful things, without having to worry about threads full of noise and irrational trading. We are creating a distributed reputation system and mounting crypto on the web.

A way to frame it is that we work in parallel to the alt coin sector, would we integrate supernet? no. Are we doing work that can be intergrated in to supernet (or any coin) later? yes. Does our reputation system reside on the same level as qt's and p2p networks? no. Does it work on a layer above that can be bootstrapped on do other currencies? yes.

We are an open source development project with a growing list of contributors, the bitmark-btm bit is a foundation, something we require so that we have ownership over the code base and can add or subtract what we need to create a stable efficient network free from the troubles normally associated with 'coins'.

Each BTM is 1000 marks, and marks are tokens which you give to other people freely as reputation when they have earned it through the process of marking.

Our project is quite different, and may not even belong in the alt-coin section, we're just here temporarily until we have our own area of discourse.

I would encourage anybody reading to take the time to familiarize themselves with the project, if they are so inclined, and of a nature who likes to get involved with things and contribute.

If you are here as a trader because you've seen mention that we are NOT going to be part of supernet and wonder if there's some speculation to be done, you're probably in the wrong place, you won't benefit from our presence and we won't benefit from your noise - meant with the best of intentions of course.

Take a look at the previous 66 pages of discussion, there is no noise, no new faces wondering about marketing or prices, no shilling, no speculation, no trolls - just people discussing ideas and creating things - please don't reduce our thread to such a thing, we've worked very hard, and hope to be able to continue to.

Warmest Regards,

Mark

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:54:24 PM

It's mutually beneficial to help support and promote a safe and secure environment for cryptocurrencies. If Bitmark can assist James and superNET in that way everyone wins.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:59:33 PM

It's mutually beneficial to help support and promote a safe and secure environment for cryptocurrencies. If Bitmark can assist James and superNET in that way everyone wins.

Exactly.

As another example, we are going to be knowledge sharing and specifying different ways to make acquiring crypto currency easier with leads and memebers of the Ora project, good people who are working hard to improve the ecosystem. It's just people who care about technology and enjoy making things working together, rather than traders uniting for common profit.

So supernet has both aspects, and our announcement is that after lengthy discussion, we are happy to do the technology improvement part, but not the currency trading price related profiting union part of it.

context

2. Marking will be integrated in to the SuperNET GUI once ready to layer on additional functionality, such as voting where all candidates get a fair apportionment of reputation+money based on merit and demand, rather than traditional voting which entails picking a single winner.

We will NOT be joining SuperNET as there is no benefit to either of us in doing so, but we will be joining in the spirit and working closely together.

Warm Regards,

Sev0

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:18:11 AM

What's wrong, xhash.net seems to find no blocks. Hashrate is also not shown.  Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: