Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:50:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622154 times)
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 07:23:38 PM

What's special about this coin?
DEV for sure  Smiley
This was not another copy&paste coin, look at first post to see the whole background behind bitmark.
It's my favourite scrypt coin.

It is a clone, it is the latest Bitcoin ported to scrypt and configured for our needs. More work than the average coin and things like VIA, but less work than say NXT.

The project though is about what we change and build on top. Marking, this is perhaps the most innovative thing.

I encourage people to not panic buy. Nobody anywhere benefits from people panic buying, certainly the project does not. We do all benefit from people taking the time to find out more about the project, and joining with ideas and discussion, or even code and businesses where they can.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Please consider donating some BTM to the Bitmark Foundation. Funds are locked until July 13th 2015 and will enable the continued growth and development of Bitmark.

http://bitmark.co:3000/address/bQmnzVS5M4bBdZqBTuHrjnzxHS6oSUz6cG

Goal is 70k BTM by the release date. We need to get as much BTM in to the foundation as possible before the end of this year though in order to have a good chance of meeting that goal. Smiley

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 10:08:46 PM

I did disclose the sharkfund0 had a sizeable percentage of BTM
sorry if that created panic buy, it is just that I feel obligated to disclose any large positions

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 10:23:09 PM

sorry if that created panic buy, it is just that I feel obligated to disclose any large positions

James

No problem James, if it brings more people with ideas and discussion in to the project then it is all good.

Keep up the good work with SuperNet, and we look forward to working with you soon.

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:23:22 PM

Please consider donating some BTM to the Bitmark Foundation. Funds are locked until July 13th 2015 and will enable the continued growth and development of Bitmark.

http://bitmark.co:3000/address/bQmnzVS5M4bBdZqBTuHrjnzxHS6oSUz6cG

Goal is 70k BTM by the release date. We need to get as much BTM in to the foundation as possible before the end of this year though in order to have a good chance of meeting that goal. Smiley

Thanks for that reminder Este.

50BTM Sent to Foundation  Smiley
1dcc970d4fa87e2ea80be91217aa064066aff9ebb3294a09763a92a5e4448a46

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:15:01 AM

James

No problem James, if it brings more people with ideas and discussion in to the project then it is all good.

Keep up the good work with SuperNet, and we look forward to working with you soon.

Is it a project to add Bitmark to the SuperNet??
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:35:22 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:49:23 AM by coinsolidation

James

Is it a project to add Bitmark to the SuperNet??

Please read:

Cross post regarding Bitmark and SuperNET.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

James and I have been discussing both SuperNET and Bitmark extensively, to see how they may benefit the wider community together.

We have a gentleman's agreement that:

1. Our future extensive work on creating a public api which liberates the block chain and mounts it on the web will be applied in the future to supernet, once it is tested matured and proven, so all coins which implement supernet will benefit from our work.

2. Marking will be integrated in to the SuperNET GUI once ready to layer on additional functionality, such as voting where all candidates get a fair apportionment of reputation+money based on merit and demand, rather than traditional voting which entails picking a single winner.

3. Ongoing outreach and communication between both projects, to align work and vision, and drive the effort of consolidation together, with any other like minded projects who may share complimenting goals.

We will not be joining SuperNET as there is no benefit to either of us in doing so, but we will be joining in the spirit and working closely together.

I'd like to thank James for his time and understanding, he is a busy man but I believe he has best interests at heart, and critically some moral fiber.

Warm Regards,

Mark, on behalf of the Bitmark Community.

In addition to this, as James said sharkfund0 holds a percentage of BTM, and also I am a trustee of SuperNET.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:41:29 AM

Ok thank you i didn't see this post previously
mike88

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:37:14 AM

woooow this coin is very interesting . He has great potencial the $ 10 mark to crack.
I would like to buy 2 BTC , what keeps you from it?
PS : the Dev is very sympatic and trustworthy

congratulation nice work  Grin
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 12:42:34 PM

We have decided to lower our funding goal for the Bitmark Foundation to 5000 BTM, and we will not actively seek to raise funds after this amount is reached.

Together we are creating Marking, the technology which solves funding issues for every person and project in the world.  The Bitmark Foundation and work done by this umbrella project will be funded in this way too.

The Foundation funds will be held as a reserve, and in the future used to mark worthy projects and charities.

Thank you.

cryptovalues

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:13:21 PM

Sorry could you elaborate on marking a little? In what way is it different from normal P2P coin transfer? As you stated yourself Bitmark is a rather direct Bitcoin fork with Scrypt POW. But from the description I can't see what makes marking different either.
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:02:12 PM

Sorry could you elaborate on marking a little? In what way is it different from normal P2P coin transfer? As you stated yourself Bitmark is a rather direct Bitcoin fork with Scrypt POW. But from the description I can't see what makes marking different either.

Welcome,

You have all elaborated in OP,
You just need little time to read,
All from A to Z.Link by link.

regards

Idea is here!Time will say....

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:05:25 PM

I can elaborate a great deal, but maybe what is needed is something more concise.

Marking is the passing of reputation, similar to clicking 'like', the difference being that the marks are actually transferred from user to user, and marks have all the properties of crypto currency.

A marking also has a reason why, which can be a string message, or a URI, an identifier for anything from a web address to a telephone number to a geo location.

It is also a 'share' like a retweet or share on facebook.

Technically it is a protocol and an implementation with an API which works at the level of the web, not P2P, it is a separate thing on top of crypto which makes markings instant, off chain, and scalable to the size of the web. The crypto level part, bitmark, acts as the glue between implementations, allowing people to transfer marks from one service to another, or to storage and back, all the things you can do with Bitcoin.

The system then is a massive reputation graph which works over every website and every integrated thing in real life, it provides instant viral crowd funding for any creation, idea, or charity, and also rewards every curator of useful or interesting things. As a user you give spendable reputation with every marking, and receive it also for everything you share or make.

Let us say for example you post a sketch or a song you have created somewhere on the web, then people can mark you for it, as they would currently like, but in our model each marking is a little bit of rep and a little bit of money and optionally a share also. So if your sketch or song was good it can spread virally through the web and receive many marks, perhaps you have just earned a day or a weeks wages, and been fairly rewarded. In the current web system you post something on facebook or twitter and get meaningless likes/favs/karma from an infinite supply whilst the services benefit from your efforts. So we flip this around and make your reputation have true value again.

Perhaps you have a good idea, you can mention it, if it is good then it will be marked (you will get reputation and money and shares with each click), so now you have some incentive to progress your idea a little bit and maybe write something bigger about it. The marking process happens again and now John has joined you to help make a prototype, the process happens again and now you have a small community and reputation and funding to progress even further, and the thing scales out from there.

A nice thing is that your idea gave you lots of marks, and you maybe enjoyed the sketch from the previous example so you marked them with a higher amount, and the creator of that sketch was drawing another whilst listening to that song, so they marked the creator of that song as they listened.

Fast forward a little further and maybe you are going to demo your idea to a large manufacturer, you knew which taxi to get in because your mobile app showed you the companies reputation (each marking is of course also a review), and whilst travelling you think you need some lunch. Your google glasses give you a little overlay of markings against geo points as you look out of the window, which tell you that your friends ate at Frankies Pizza House last week and gave them good marks. So you stop there for lunch. Now maybe that table you sit at has a little brass token with the table number, but also NFC, so you just move your mobile device over the table number and you see the bill is to be 12 marks, so you tap your phone and slide your finger a little to add a tip to your waitress and mark her, then tap again to confirm. As you walk out side you get a little notification, you were just given a little mark back from Frankies, for being a polite customer.

As we say, Bitmark the currency is a little bit boring, it is just crypto currency. Marking however, that is quite fun and maybe just a little bit different from tipping Wink

cryptovalues

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:10:35 PM

So you will have to provide webservices API, which will integrate Bitmark blockchain with webservices? Say I got 100 likes on FB, I can send them over to Bitmark and then to another webservice integrated with Bitmark. Is it correct?

I can elaborate a great deal, but maybe what is needed is something more concise.

Marking is the passing of reputation, similar to clicking 'like', the difference being that the marks are actually transferred from user to user, and marks have all the properties of crypto currency.

A marking also has a reason why, which can be a string message, or a URI, an identifier for anything from a web address to a telephone number to a geo location.

It is also a 'share' like a retweet or share on facebook.

Technically it is a protocol and an implementation with an API which works at the level of the web, not P2P, it is a separate thing on top of crypto which makes markings instant, off chain, and scalable to the size of the web. The crypto level part, bitmark, acts as the glue between implementations, allowing people to transfer marks from one service to another, or to storage and back, all the things you can do with Bitcoin.

The system then is a massive reputation graph which works over every website and every integrated thing in real life, it provides instant viral crowd funding for any creation, idea, or charity, and also rewards every curator of useful or interesting things. As a user you give spendable reputation with every marking, and receive it also for everything you share or make.

Let us say for example you post a sketch or a song you have created somewhere on the web, then people can mark you for, as they would currently like, but in our model each marking is a little bit of rep and a little bit of money and optionally a share also. So if your sketch or song was good it can spread virally through the web and receive many marks, perhaps you have just earned a day or a weeks wages, and been fairly rewarded. In the current web system you post something on facebook or twitter and get meaningless likes/favs/karma from an infinite supply whilst the services benefit from your efforts. So we flip this around and make your reputation have true value again.

Perhaps you have a good idea, you can mention it, if it is good then it will be marked (you will get reputation and money and shares with each click), so now you have some incentive to progress your idea a little bit and maybe write something bigger about it. The marking process happens again and now John has joined you to help make a prototype, the process happens again and now you have a small community and reputation and funding to progress even further, and the thing scales out from there.

A nice thing is that your idea gave you lots of marks, and you maybe enjoyed the sketch from the previous example so you marked them with a higher amount, and the creator of that sketch was drawing another whilst listening to that song, so they marked the creator of that song as they listened.

Fast forward a little further and maybe you are going to demo your idea to a large manufacturer, you knew which taxi to get in because your mobile app showed you the companies reputation (each marking is of course also a review), and whilst travelling you think you need some lunch. Your google glasses give you a little overlay of markings against geo points as you look out of the window, which tell you that your friends ate at Frankies Pizza House last week and gave them good marks. So you stop there for lunch. Now maybe that table you sit at has a little brass token with the table number, but also NFC, so you just move your mobile device over the table number and you see the bill is to be 12 marks, so you tap your phone and slide your finger a little to add a tip to your waitress and mark her, then tap again to confirm. As you walk out side you get a little notification, you were just given a little mark back from Frankies, for being a polite customer.

As we say, Bitmark the currency is a little bit boring, it is just crypto currency. Marking however, that is quite fun and maybe just a little bit different from tipping Wink
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:25:25 PM

So you will have to provide webservices API, which will integrate Bitmark blockchain with webservices? Say I got 100 likes on FB, I can send them over to Bitmark and then to another webservice integrated with Bitmark. Is it correct?

Marking has Bitmark withdraw+deposit+balance integrated in to it, and provides public APIs. It can be integrated in to any software as a module, or any software can call any integration/implementation as an API, or a little HTML+JS button can be added to any website which uses one of the public implementations we will provide.

As for facebook, they will be bootstrapped, so with mobile apps or browser extensions or bookmarklet's you will have the marking button on facebook and just mark in place, or maybe even easier have it tied to the like and share buttons so when you like/share you mark also, with your marking being distributed through our network.

We are not centralized, so any website or service can have their own little island of marking baked in, which is interoperable with any other, and the blockchain can be used to send marks between services as users please, from persona to persona. Any service which also offers fiat or virtual currency support then acts as a natural gateway for us too, which is nice.

Our system then grows in size more like a protocol, facebook has limitations because every time they grow or add things they have to become a bigger company. We are more like the http you see in the address bar, it requires no work from anybody who made http for you to make a website, just like it requires no work from the Bitcoin Core developers when a new shop adds BTC support. We combine both to naturally scale to the same size as the web and the mobile networks around the world.

We already have primitive marking working between IRC and Slack, for these two posts I've already been given about 300₥ in reputation+money. The system works on every level.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:30:39 PM

Marking is the manifestation of what pundits have been predicting 'web 3.0' to be. The semantic web, your actions(or marks in this case) convey actual meaning by having actual value inherently linked to each mark.

It's not really about the cryptocurrency. Satoshi has just given us the base on which interesting things like marking can be built upon and provide a stable base for.

But we're doing interesting things with the Bitmark the cryptocurrency as well: http://bitmarknews.com/2014/08/25/bitmarks-future-the-power-of-the-api/
richardramirez9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:39:19 PM

This coin is exploding it seems, very nice.
dannygroove

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:40:30 PM

25 BTM sent to the foundation.
989e9dcd0784370eafd28e832a7d65a876a981a21f4521e8eb0ad2096ba72447
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:09:00 PM

25 BTM sent to the foundation.
989e9dcd0784370eafd28e832a7d65a876a981a21f4521e8eb0ad2096ba72447

Awesome. Thank you. Smiley
mushroomfour9

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:03:19 AM

How much is a mark worth? If I wanted to mark someone for posting a video, could I send him $5 worth in Mark's or is it a  set amount for each mark, like clicking the like button it's automatic. Why would anyone want to mark people money, when we can  look at adds  and get it all free. How would websites make money if there is no longer adds, would we all  have to send Mark's to the website to keep them going? I don't know if anyone would use this system over the current one.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: