Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:16:54 AM

Leathan has been testing out his own Bitcointalk marking integration and someone was asking about how it was supposed to work in that thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820465.msg9182552#msg9182552

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melvster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:17:13 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 10:30:59 PM by melvster

Since this coin has reached it's Q1 first quarter today, I thought I'd give a mini update from a developer perspective.  It's just my own personal view, and does not necessarily reflect view of others or the community.

I've been on this project for just over a month and first of all it's been a lot of fun.  First of all thanks to everyone that has taken part, particularly coinsolidation, who I am amazed has not collapsed of exhaustion yet!  The team is great to work with and everyone has their thing, it's a very enjoyable vibe.  The project area has grown from about 10 people to over 80 in the last month, with some people looking in and some more regular.  There seems to be quite a lot going on in the pipe line, and it's also seems to be operating in the way of a DAC (decentralized autonomous corporation).  So it can be full of surprises sometimes, and everyone can choose their own level of participation.  

Development seems to me to be going quite well.  There's lots of things being worked on and a regular stream of releases coming out, small and big, on the topic of marking.  I would say it's more on the smallish side right now, than the big, but that can change easily.  Markpfennig has a big release in trello that can be tracked, so that is something we're all looking forward to.  Poloniex did an excellent rollout of marking in the space of a few days.  Kudos.

We now have prototypes of marking on a number of platforms:

- slack
- irc
- twitter
- poloniex
- cli / shell
- web
- bitcointalk (yes you can mark here - shhh)
- browser based client side certificates (including android)

These range mainly from proof of concept to full production quality as in poloniex.

What I see as being in the pipeline is:

- email
- github
- android client
- soundcloud
- vimeo
- youtube
- much more!

And quite a bit more.  At the same time maturing the existing work, scaling it, making it robust, security etc.  It seems to get a little better each day, so hopefully that will continue.

Relationships seem to be going pretty well and we actually seem to be working well with lots of other teams.  From my experience that's a rare pleasure in free software, so I think that's a positive.

Our web integration I think is getting really quite strong and we are well placed to be one of the leading coins in the world of REST / Linked Data / Web 3.0 / Semantic Web (all those terms mean similar things) which some people believe is the next logical step for the web -- at least that's what we are betting on.

As with any new technology the transaction levels and users start slow, so the challenge is to increase that, over the next quarter.

I dont normally talk about price, but I think I will give what I see as guidance, take is as you will.  The coin is up almost 1000% in just over a month since I've been involved, which is a pretty decent rise.  Last I checked it was around 110k satoshis.  It's been as high as 250k.  I think a lot of the trading of this project is on *potential* and that's a pretty hard thing to judge, especially if you are not close to the technology at hand.  From a neutral standpoint I thought that when we hit 250k the price was probably ahead of the development at the time and I thought 200k was fair.  Since then imho dev has gone quite well, and I'd say fair would be around 250k sat. now.  So it's a good time to buy or mine cheap coins, imho.  A lot depends on the next 3 quarters, particularly the next quarter.  Watch the metrics primarily of implementations and users, growing tx numbers (mainly off block) and I'd say to a lesser extent mining / trading.  I'd look to consolidate the 250k level then take stock of where we are again.  Well I said more about price than I intended!

I've spoken to quite a few people (technical and non technical) about marking, from artists to geeks.  Most seem to really like the concept.  I keep hearing lots of creative ideas that are inspiring in the same way that bitcoin inspired me in the early days.  For example I really like the mark to tshirt designs that have been discussed.  Hopefully marking is an idea worth spreading and can attract creative people to get involved.  Anyone can help out and make this project what you want it to be.  

Just my 2 marks, hope it helps, looking forward to working with you all!
leathan

Activity: 111
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 01:05:19 PM

Since this coin has reached it's Q1 first quarter today, I thought I'd give a mini update from a developer perspective.  It's just my own personal view, and does not necessarily reflect view of others or the community.

I've been on this project for just over a month and first of all it's been a lot of fun.  First of all thanks to everyone that has taken part, particularly coinsolidation, who I am amazed has not collapsed of exhaustion yet!  The team is great to work with and everyone has their thing, it's a very enjoyable vibe.  The project area has grown from about 10 people to over 80 in the last month, with some people looking in and some more regular.  There seems to be quite a lot going on in the pipe line, and it's also seems to be operating in the way of a DAC (decentralized autonomous corporation).  So it can be full of surprises sometimes, and everyone can choose their own level of participation.  

Development seems to me to be going quite well.  There's lots of things being worked on and a regular stream of releases coming out, small and big, on the topic of marking.  I would say it's more on the smallish side right now, than the big, but that can change easily.  Markpfennig has a big release in trello that can be tracked, so that is something we're all looking forward to.  Poloniex did an excellent rollout of marking in the space of a few days.  Kudos.

- slack
- irc
- twitter
- poloniex
- cli / shell
- web

These range mainly from proof of concept to full production quality as in poloniex.

- email
- github
- android client
- soundcloud
- vimeo
- youtube
- much more!

And quite a bit more.  At the same time maturing the existing work, scaling it, making it robust, security etc.  It seems to get a little better each day, so hopefully that will continue.

Relationships seem to be going pretty well and we actually seem to be working well with lots of other teams.  From my experience that's a rare pleasure in free software, so I think that's a positive.

Our web integration I think is getting really quite strong and we are well placed to be one of the leading coins in the world of REST / Linked Data / Web 3.0 / Semantic Web (all those terms mean similar things) which some people believe is the next logical step for the web -- at least that's what we are betting on.

As with any new technology the transaction levels and users start slow, so the challenge is to increase that, over the next quarter.

I dont normally talk about price, but I think I will give what I see as guidance, take is as you will.  The coin is up almost 1000% in just over a month since I've been involved, which is a pretty decent rise.  Last I checked it was around 110k satoshis.  It's been as high as 250k.  I think a lot of the trading of this project is on *potential* and that's a pretty hard thing to judge, especially if you are not close to the technology at hand.  From a neutral standpoint I thought that when we hit 250k the price was probably ahead of the development at the time and I thought 200k was fair.  Since then imho dev has gone quite well, and I'd say fair would be around 250k sat. now.  So it's a good time to buy or mine cheap coins, imho.  A lot depends on the next 3 quarters, particularly the next quarter.  Watch the metrics primarily of implementations and users, growing tx numbers (mainly off block) and I'd say to a lesser extent mining / trading.  I'd look to consolidate the 250k level then take stock of where we are again.  Well I said more about price than I intended!

I've spoken to quite a few people (technical and non technical) about marking, from artists to geeks.  Most seem to really like the concept.  I keep hearing lots of creative ideas that are inspiring in the same way that bitcoin inspired me in the early days.  For example I really like the mark to tshirt designs that have been discussed.  Hopefully marking is an idea worth spreading and can attract creative people to get involved.  Anyone can help out and make this project what you want it to be.  

Marking on Bitcointalk already?!?!?! WOW! +10

At this rate your going to need an entire wiki just to explain it all O.O

count=($(grep -d recurse -Hn "wallet\.dat" / | cut -d":" -f1 | uniq -c |xargs echo | grep -oh -P '(\d+) ')); sum=0; for i in ${count[*]}; do sum=$(($sum+$i)); done; echo $sum; #  soo much crypto?
Mister D

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:19:39 PM

- slack
- irc
- twitter
- poloniex
- cli / shell
- web

- email
- github
- android client
- soundcloud
- vimeo
- youtube
- much more!

I want to mark you for the update. How can I do so?
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:36:36 PM

I think you want this for notifications:

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:01:25 AM

Guys. Some hashrate would be handy.  15 blocks found in the last 24 hours.  At this rate it will take another 3 weeks to get to the next diff change, which will last a few hours and then back to square one.....  What happened to the scheme to support the hashrate?
leathan

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 07:15:18 AM

Great job Este Nuno! I can't wait to see marking shine in all it's functionality. Cheesy

+20 @Este Nuno

http://92.222.25.245/x/x.pl?loc=btt

+100 For marking on the forums. However the ledger has moved to http://92.222.25.245/cgi-bin/x.cgi  

I will add a tutorial page when ?loc=btt is appended to the URL that will link the user to an explaination on how to mark on bitcoin talk and furthermore how to obtain marks and link their various marking accounts.

Also I will make a simple web GUI to deposit funds directly into their bitcointalk accounts so that they dont need to join slack/irc.

The reason the ledger has been moved is increased potential security. I just migrated all the data over to a (imo) more secure *nix system. I have ALOT of work yet to do on securing the system so please kids dont try forum marking at home. I think I have atleast 100hrs left on securing the server.

That said forum marking is ready for all to use. +'ing a comment will mark that comment owners respective bitcointalk account. Like I said ill get a website up explaining the details eventually.

count=($(grep -d recurse -Hn "wallet\.dat" / | cut -d":" -f1 | uniq -c |xargs echo | grep -oh -P '(\d+) ')); sum=0; for i in ${count[*]}; do sum=$(($sum+$i)); done; echo $sum; #  soo much crypto?
holylacross

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:53:51 PM

Guys. Some hashrate would be handy.  15 blocks found in the last 24 hours.  At this rate it will take another 3 weeks to get to the next diff change, which will last a few hours and then back to square one.....  What happened to the scheme to support the hashrate?

Agree. Literally all the hash rate is at xHash.com. 2.0 G/h isn't going to bring any life blood into the network. We need to get this network hash up and to also spread it among the different pools. Right now a guy known as "nicos" is literally mining all the Bitmarks (currently controlling more the 50% of the hashrate). This is going to only hurt us in the short and long run.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:11:08 PM

Agree. Literally all the hash rate is at xHash.com. 2.0 G/h isn't going to bring any life blood into the network. We need to get this network hash up and to also spread it among the different pools. Right now a guy known as "nicos" is literally mining all the Bitmarks (currently controlling more the 50% of the hashrate). This is going to only hurt us in the short and long run.

Could do with some more hashes at miningpool.co  Tongue
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:02:26 PM

Currently testing PabloAngello's Bitmarker app for Android! Smiley
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 06:12:16 PM

Currently testing PabloAngello's Bitmarker app for Android! Smiley

Sounds very interesting!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
leathan

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 07:27:34 PM

+50 @leathan *Cheers mate! Wink

I think you want this for notifications:

Not quite, what he needed was this: (pure marking) +20 @DougB62

And again, the new ledger url: http://92.222.25.245/cgi-bin/x.cgi

+20 for helping me debug;

If you take a look at the ledger your comment that i quoted sent out 20 marks to dougless and not 50 marks to me. It appears that all text before the quote is ignored. I actually did this on purpose since I thought users wouldnt do that. Let me know if you think I should alter the code to allow marking prior to the quote.

Also if you plus two people i think only the first +'ing and the fisrt @'ing gets the marks. Do you think I should make it so it sends out marks to all the @'s if there is 1 +'s? And if there is more than 1 +'ing each one is associated with the follwoing @'s?

Sounds confusing.. but if you follow what I'm asking you id love the feedback.. I am not going to work on the code today.. WHY?

IM WAY TO EXCITED TO TRY Pabloangellos mobile marking APP!!!!!! Im going straight to the bars to mark me some women! (no offence to women, quite the opposite)

neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 09:01:57 PM

Re: Bitmark
October 02, 2014, 11:18:11 AM
Reply with quote  #1688
if anyone is looking to mine Bitmark, i suggest that they read the whole project from the start, but if its too long to read there are some good links in the OP. i was lucky enough to get into the Bitmark thread early on in development so was able to keep up with the stages that occurred as it progressed, giving an understanding of the system.

we are ready to commit more hashing speed to the coin, but also need others to commit the hashing speed to support a stable growth, rather than the jump in for half hour or so at a time that is now occurring on the difficulty shift.

in my opinion BTM would have greatly benefited from not being listed in coinwarz, the instant top of the list that the network received has been the biggest issue recently with mining, so now we get to a similar fate as other coins with farms jumping on to reap before exiting quickly.

having the slow shift of 720 blocks, the multipool hash rape and dump cant happen so to speak, as coins take a week or so to be released. we just have to sit it out until the liquidity is reached and other miners realise that it is beneficial to stick with the network, as with Bitcoin mining.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:57:12 AM

Not sure the coinwarz thing really made too much of a difference. The mining difficulty and hash pretty much strictly follows the price and is limited by the 4 * mechanism.
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:33:28 PM

Did you already ask Theymos if he wants to implement marking on Bitcointalk?

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:39:47 PM

Does it need to be?
We can do it without official help, no?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:46:26 PM

Does it need to be?

Correct, with many approaches.

1. text based +1 @username
2. link based from external applications
3. link/button based, with links in signatures to say "mark me".

1 can be stopped by moderation if they wish to be picky/annoying. 3 can also be made awkward, 2 cannot have anything done to stop it Smiley

edit: we can also add marking support to SMF itself so that any forum can plugin marking.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:28:04 PM

Does it need to be?

That's part of the beauty of marking imo. Smiley It can be implemented anywhere with no need to ask for permission since it works as a separate layer. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, anything. And very soon all of these things will be implemented and we can begin working on making the user experience as great as possible on our own implementations. And then we can also work on providing out of the box tools(code, documentation, support ect) for people to create their own marking implementations or integrations.
himikk

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:37:58 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 04:51:52 AM by himikk

Seems like blockchain hangs at block 45061
Can somebody explain what happening?

UDP
Blockchain grows very slowly. Est block per hour:

2014-10-17 01:40:24 UpdateTip: new best=2f8efcb02a965a1dc98c80ac2b5690e7a54c8ecbe6a56299bb20a6a15b9dd3fe  height=45062  log2_work=55.2249  tx=68643  date=2014-10-17 01:40:26
2014-10-17 01:40:24 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
2014-10-17 02:12:39 UpdateTip: new best=65bf95cf5937aa895e36e87966dab9ada24d5f1f82fbbdd2a7fc3ef773ed0cad  height=45063  log2_work=55.225188  tx=68646  date=2014-10-17 02:12:29
2014-10-17 02:12:39 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
2014-10-17 03:20:23 UpdateTip: new best=78a0a0a461551aa26a25a6d13c19ddbd30e1d9231c8ec356251519562f81b866  height=45064  log2_work=55.225475  tx=68648  date=2014-10-17 03:20:30
2014-10-17 03:20:23 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:20:51 AM

Seems like blockchain hangs at block 45061
Can somebody explain what happening?

UDP
Blockchain grows very slowly. Est block per hour:

2014-10-17 01:40:24 UpdateTip: new best=2f8efcb02a965a1dc98c80ac2b5690e7a54c8ecbe6a56299bb20a6a15b9dd3fe  height=45062  log2_work=55.2249  tx=68643  date=2014-10-17 01:40:26
2014-10-17 01:40:24 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
2014-10-17 02:12:39 UpdateTip: new best=65bf95cf5937aa895e36e87966dab9ada24d5f1f82fbbdd2a7fc3ef773ed0cad  height=45063  log2_work=55.225188  tx=68646  date=2014-10-17 02:12:29
2014-10-17 02:12:39 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
2014-10-17 03:20:23 UpdateTip: new best=78a0a0a461551aa26a25a6d13c19ddbd30e1d9231c8ec356251519562f81b866  height=45064  log2_work=55.225475  tx=68648  date=2014-10-17 03:20:30
2014-10-17 03:20:23 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

The blocks are slow because the difficulty is high and the amount of hashing is low right now.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: