Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:32:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do scammers scam?  (Read 5969 times)
Spayse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:30:54 PM

Very simple, money is all Grin

[EAGS] EagsCurrency - Be Part of Something New with Unique Plans! - Get your Free Share Now! - ends Jan. 27

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jack107

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:51:25 AM

It's shit because when people come out with genuine plans to do something they are straight away told they are a scam!

I genuinely want to start a bitcoin lottery but no one is willing to give it a go because they don't trust I will pay out.

But I don't blame them cause 90% of people would be trying to scam them!
KimNam

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:44:41 PM

because too many dumb (and greedy) people in this forum who believe this random coin will huge success  Roll Eyes
many scammer try to get profit from altcoin, usually with IPO and premine (or instamine too)
and many "investor" don't learn from previous lesson
deadwood

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:56:48 PM

"You can't con an honest person".

So most scammers present a very good opportunity, which is almost too good to be true. Greedy people and / or innocents not savvy enough to know better fall for it. Quick cash.

You have to remember, whenever there's real money involved, someone will always try to find the best way to get it without putting too much work in.

Also something they teach in economy classes all over is that high gain comes at high risk. High risk means you'll probably be on the wrong end of the bell curve when it hits the fan, but most people get blinded by the returns and forget the statistics.

There will always be people screaming out "scam" whenever a new proposition surfaces; the problem is there's no way to vouch for that proposition even if it's legit. The biggest advantage of Bitcoin, that it's decentralized, is its biggest problem too, as no one can be vouched for easily.

Azgalush

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:01:38 PM

It's pretty much simple and easy money, for some it might be satisfaction.
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:54:02 PM

It's shit because when people come out with genuine plans to do something they are straight away told they are a scam!

I genuinely want to start a bitcoin lottery but no one is willing to give it a go because they don't trust I will pay out.

I notice a lot of that here more than anywhere else, like dogecoin on reddit. I've told them my story and they immediately embraced me as one of their own. Now here, I mean I legitimately need help. I'm running a campaign, I've got a million personal tragedies and not one person can take the time of day to even notice or think that I'm not running a scam. I'd ask for a long term loan but I'm not sure how I'd even pay it back, unless I kept running my sig campaign. That's all I have right now, and before people say "job" it's not that easy, and I've explained why. But then people are saying all I want is free money and I'm healthy enough to get one, they don't know my situation. It's easy from behind a chair or computer to say these things and I've had them said to me. What's even easier is having a little empathy for a person, but I guess that's absent to people.

What else could I say?
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:03:32 PM

I notice a lot of that here more than anywhere else, like dogecoin on reddit. I've told them my story and they immediately embraced me as one of their own. Now here, I mean I legitimately need help. I'm running a campaign, I've got a million personal tragedies and not one person can take the time of day to even notice or think that I'm not running a scam. I'd ask for a long term loan but I'm not sure how I'd even pay it back, unless I kept running my sig campaign. That's all I have right now, and before people say "job" it's not that easy, and I've explained why. But then people are saying all I want is free money and I'm healthy enough to get one, they don't know my situation. It's easy from behind a chair or computer to say these things and I've had them said to me. What's even easier is having a little empathy for a person, but I guess that's absent to people.

Yah I think a lot of the problem is the same one you see with beggers on the streets. You see so many guys on the streets holding up signs that they're washed-up Vietnam veterans when they're obviously too young to be one that you might not believe a real washed-up veteran if you actually saw one. And there are many real washed-up veterans from what I've been hearing. So my advice would be simply to think of some simple easy jobs you can do for money and then hit sites like Fiverr and/or post your services in the Services forum here. That way you can at least be earning an income instead of people accusing you of scamming when really all you need is a hand up.
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:39:14 PM

Because they want the easy way out of everything else.

Why does a hooker rather suck a dick then get a normal job? cause she can suck a dick for 15 mins and make $100 what a average pay check would make. Again the easy way out, capitalism lol.
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:13:23 PM

Yah I think a lot of the problem is the same one you see with beggers on the streets. You see so many guys on the streets holding up signs that they're washed-up Vietnam veterans when they're obviously too young to be one that you might not believe a real washed-up veteran if you actually saw one. And there are many real washed-up veterans from what I've been hearing. So my advice would be simply to think of some simple easy jobs you can do for money and then hit sites like Fiverr and/or post your services in the Services forum here. That way you can at least be earning an income instead of people accusing you of scamming when really all you need is a hand up.

Some people just dont want to put the effort, its plain and simple.

Despite fiverr and other great freelance things.

I see so much panhandling on the freeway in california, its so annoying that I give water instead of money.

JJB

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:26:34 PM

Put the prize money in escrow then and people will probably trust you then.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:35:42 PM

It's disgusting, because real people with real lives gave up hours of their work for that 70 BTC total because they wanted to make the world a little bit better... And instead, those seventy coins are now buying drugs for one man.

Wanted to make the world a little better? Sorry but 99% of those 70 btc were invested by other greedy people who wanted to make more probably, the world isn't such a wonderful place as some may think, at least not when its run anonymously.
skottiejay

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:47:22 PM

The unfortunate thing is I need think of an easy job, I'm not really good at much of anything, and I need the money and that's why sometimes it reverts to sounding like a scam when in actuality it's a human being who actually needs a little support. Anyways fiverr would be great if it wasn't already flooded with people looking for the same thing, or who could do something I can do just a little better. Self doubt is always my biggest enemy.

What else could I say?
cookmac

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:53:55 PM

You got things you around the house you can barter with or sell?

I`d get creative and buy a lego piece and make add the metal keychain then sell it. or re-sell something you can get a hold of for lot less of a price.
skottiejay

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:58:08 PM

Unfortunately no, I've been down that route. I've sold pretty much everything besides the clothes on my back to get some money together to buy ramen. My medicines alone cost well over 600 dollars without insurance and therapy, forget it. I'm in a tight spot, and scammers make people like me look bad because I could pitch that I definitely need help, that I don't leave the house, that I don't get in a car, or drive or do anything. I can't work, I have severe panic and anxiety coupled with depression. I cannot work. I was declared disabled in 2008 legally. I'm fighting to get SSI.

But then we have people like Dank who thinks he can start a commune, and he has thousands of dollars worth of guitar equipment he can sell easily and make money, and he OWES people money and well.

I just can't get angry about this because it just makes it worse.

What else could I say?
monim1

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:13:03 AM

They are bad people they always want cheat with others.
SCAM-SNIFFER

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:21:19 AM

When it would be more profitable to stay legitimate instead?

For example there was Stackcoin. Its dev had an IPO that raised 70 BTC. It had an interesting idea and screenshots were posted showing the concept being developed. Wouldn't it have been more profitable to just develop the coin instead?

Or the Sharexcoin exchange. A lot of development went into that site and the site was a fully functioning exchange which would have been a good long term investment for the site owner. But instead the owner decided to scam its users by closing the site and running off with its users' coins. I think he was later caught trying to sell 24 million QORA on Poloniex which they were able to identify and seize.

It doesn't make any sense. Huh

Scammers are oxygen thiefs as well as crypto thiefs

I am good at finding stuff on the internet & following trails.

If you suspect scammer you should store screengrabs and get as details as you can.
This is because the scammer will try to hide when they know we are looking for them.
Send me the info you have to my email in my profile.
I will look if i  am not too busy.
If you can pay bounty deposit, I will not be too busy.

MegaHustlr

Activity: 601

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:40:16 PM

quick and fast money short term

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:33:03 AM

because too many dumb (and greedy) people in this forum who believe this random coin will huge success  Roll Eyes
many scammer try to get profit from altcoin, usually with IPO and premine (or instamine too)
and many "investor" don't learn from previous lesson

Very true.
Just check the "gambling" section and see how many ponzi thread there are (and how many people "invested" in them)...

efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:41:24 AM

Legitimate business requires hard work and commitment.

Scamming, not so much.
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 03:45:46 AM

Unintelligent, incapable, no belief in themselves, no morals.

Finally the most common one IMO: Greed

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: