Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:44:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Survey Says Most Americans Want to Ban Bitcoin: Highlighting Need for Education  (Read 2927 times)
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:02:42 PM

I have absolutely noticed both a generation Gap and a corresponding correlation in negative attitudes as age group increases.  Agree with OP that education is the key here, focus on the kids for crying out loud! Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:30:53 PM

Who gives a flying f*** about what the uninformed masses in the USA thinks?

Here's some more random info, and who knows, some of these claims about the stupidity of the masses might even be true!

- 25% of USAnians don't believe in Darwin's theory of evolution while less than 40% do.
- Two out of five USAnians think teachers should be able to lead prayer in the classroom, despite the fact that the separation of church and state is a foundation of their democracy.
- As of just a few years ago, about half of USAnians still suspected a connection between Saddam Hussein and the attacks of September 11th.
- Nearly one-fifth of Americans think Obama is a Muslim.
- About a decade ago, 20 percent of USAnians still believed that the sun revolves around the earth.

Fred Hoyle, Francis Crick, James Jeans, Robert Jastrow, George Greenstein, Arno Penzias, and Robert Shapiro also don't believe in evolution. Are they stupid people too? You might want to remove this off your list.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:40:31 PM

Here's some more random info, and who knows, some of these claims about the stupidity of the masses might even be true!

- 25% of USAnians don't believe in Darwin's theory of evolution while less than 40% do.
- Two out of five USAnians think teachers should be able to lead prayer in the classroom, despite the fact that the separation of church and state is a foundation of their democracy.
- As of just a few years ago, about half of USAnians still suspected a connection between Saddam Hussein and the attacks of September 11th.
- About a decade ago, 20 percent of USAnians still believed that the sun revolves around the earth.

Fred Hoyle, Francis Crick, James Jeans, Robert Jastrow, George Greenstein, Arno Penzias, and Robert Shapiro also don't believe in evolution. Are they stupid people too? You might want to remove this off your list.

uh... He very likely could be a muslim.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obamas-ring-there-is-no-god-but-allah/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw&feature=kp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmC3IevZiik

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:49:09 PM

It would be really nice to see the exact questions.  Sometimes they are biased to obtain a specific result (e.g. push-polling), so knowing the questions and the context in which they are asked is important.  E.g.

Q 1. "Bitcoins have been used to buy drugs.  Have you heard that?" 

Q 2. "Should bitcoins be banned?"

v.s.

Q 1. "Bitcoins have been used to send money to charities around the world.  Have you heard that?" 

Q 2. "Should bitcoins be banned?"

:-)

Polls that don't reveal methodology are pretty much worthless. Anyone with an agenda can make a poll say what they want.

Exactly.  You need to see the internals of the poll before you can trust them.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:53:58 PM

Who gives a fuck about what most Americans think? Most Americans believe in angels. Most Americans are clueless slaves who think they're free. Most Americans still believe in fucking capitalism for fuck's sake!
Most 'Muricans still believe in the American Dream - a system that through them overboard thirty fucking years ago, they can't see what's right in front of their goddamn faces.

Bitcoin is the sovereign global currency of Earth. The indoctrinated obedient masses of China, USA, Russia, Iceland, and all the other nations will follow the herd when it is stampeding out of the burning forests of fiat into the cooling oasis of crypto.
Human beings are social creatures, they always follow the herd. The only question, dear reader, is where in that herd do you want to find yourself? At the front of the pack, or trailing at the end, closest to the flames?

There's only so much water in that Oasis.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:59:36 PM

I believe in capitalism... and angels. Smiley

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:01:26 PM

Lol jonald, then why are you here? xD

We shouldn't treat them like complete idiots, even though they might be idiots. We need to encourage bitcoin adoption and educate them.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:03:25 PM

We shouldn't treat them like complete idiots, even though they might be idiots. We need to encourage bitcoin adoption and educate them.

i dont follow... what does my belief in capitalism or angels have to do with Bitcoin?

And yes you are right... most people aren't literally "idiots" -- mostly they have been
given bad information and programming. 

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:18:19 PM

Well... they can continue to enjoy their fiat, the fees they pay to middlemen, and their general lack of financial freedom.
Most of them will come around when it becomes hard to ignore and or the price speaks for itself. The rest can sit in fiat slaveland and be the final bag holders in the wealth transfer. 20 years later and there's still those that won't use a computer, very few but the point still stands. You can't teach an old dog new tricks much of the time and those w/ the most amount of money on average are those that are past retirement age and hanging on to the past or what's left of it.
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:22:32 PM

i dont follow... what does my belief in capitalism or angels have to do with Bitcoin?

And yes you are right... most people aren't literally "idiots" -- mostly they have been
given bad information and programming. 

Agreed jonald.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:37:20 PM

give it a few more growth spurt cycles (also incorrectly referred to as bubbles sometimes) and people will become either more positive about bitcoin or greed will drive them to accept it regardless.

either way is fine, eventually they'll learn to love it.

What we learned from the peak in late 2013 is that once bitcoin is at an ATH, newspapers are filled with bitcoin news. This will be even greater in the next growth spurt, as all financial institution already have their eyes on bitcoin at the moment (this was not the case during the previous growth spurts).

So once we are close to $1000 expect a lot of media coverage.
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:26:00 PM

If you disregard facts proven again and again by the scientific method and instead choose to believe in made up fairy tales that has no more credibility than santa claus himself, then yes. Or maybe you are just forced to act like you actually believe in such childish nonsense because of your surroundings. Those are about the only two reasons I can think of.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:47:51 PM

Wow, that's too bad. I suppose it's been villainized quite a lot by the media, associated with all sorts of illicit stuff. I was hoping all the good news over the past few months would start to cancel that stuff out.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:55:15 PM

Just means that the propaganda media has done it's job making BTC look like some evil online drug money.  It's an uphill battle to legitimize it, but in time we'll win.  I did find the part about religious people wanting to ban transactions with it interesting.  Brainwashed people tend to believe anything shoved down their throats Cheesy

This is not so much propaganda as a lot of bitcoin activity does have to do with nefarious activity.

What needs to happen is more business start to accept bitcoin to associate bitcoin with legitimate commerce.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:18:00 PM

lmfao Survey Says Most Americans Want to Ban Bitcoin: Highlighting Need for Education

I find that very hard to believe when most of the US is beginning to use it and learning how to use it. And highlighting a need for education. US needs a far better education system all together and to actually give US people something they can actually use in the future that will  benefit them from all the crap they learn. English and maths yeah ok  but the rest of it is not really needed is it. the education system should throw in better subjects like working out money. How to cook. How to prepaid food and not have to go to college to learn this.

With regards to the 2,000 that voted they wanted it banned I bet they where all related to bankers or partners 2,000 people is nothing. Go try getting a survey from 1 million people or at least 10% of the US and ull find better results.

Non-religious individuals, 48%, know some or a lot about bitcoin.

Again seems like they wasn't asking the right people and to be honest the more I read about this survey the more shady it gets and i find it very doubtful they will ban it with the amount of things that are going on within the US to make it fully compliant with their laws.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:36:50 PM

If you disregard facts proven again and again by the scientific method and instead choose to believe in made up fairy tales that has no more credibility than santa claus himself, then yes. Or maybe you are just forced to act like you actually believe in such childish nonsense because of your surroundings. Those are about the only two reasons I can think of.

I agree. Evolution doesn't belong in science. The scientific method shows that its a made up fairy tale from the 19th century.

PM me to discuss. I have no qualms of tackling any argument you use to support your views.

bananaControl

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:46:15 PM

I agree. Evolution doesn't belong in science. The scientific method shows that its a made up fairy tale from the 19th century.

PM me to discuss. I have no qualms of tackling any argument you use to support your views.

So you want to put a fairy tale in its place? Are you trolling? I'm not even sure anymore.
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:02:13 AM

So you want to put a fairy tale in its place? Are you trolling? I'm not even sure anymore.

I doubt you've got the mental capacity to reason through a sound argument. You broke two rules of logic with your first sentence. You cobbled a strawman argument into a loaded question.  Roll Eyes

bananaControl

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:05:55 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 12:20:21 AM by bananaControl

I doubt you've got the mental capacity to reason through a sound argument. You broke two rules of logic with your first sentence. You cobbled a strawman argument into a loaded question.  Roll Eyes

Then by all means please enlighten me with your mental superiority.

Clearly it sounds like you have a better answer to how we ended up with such a diverse display of life than what can be explained by natural selection. Then let's hear it.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 12:26:28 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 12:49:07 AM by Beliathon

I'll let Rust Cohle answer that for me, few have ever said it better.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, than brother that person is a piece of shit, and I'd like to get as many of them out in the open as possible."
"What's it say about life? You've gotta get together and tell yourselves stories that violate every law of the universe, just to get through the goddamn day? What's that say about your reality?"
"People are so goddamn frail they'd rather put a coin in a wishing well than buy dinner."
"Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain; dulls critical thinking."

-----

The parallels between nation-state indoctrination into fiat and debt-slavery and religious indoctrination into godfear slavery are clear as crystal for those of us who have survived the painful process of auto-deprogramming the lies and myths of our sick mother culture.
In the end all forms of controlling human beings comes down to making them afraid. Fear. Fear of god's wrath, fear of prison, fear of poverty, fear of homelessness, fear of state-violence, fear of loneliness, shame, guilt, stigmatization, and social rejection.

All suffering is rooted in fear, all fear is rooted in violence and survival insecurity. Systematic violence is aided by superstition as superstition inhibits reason, and fear inhibits compassion.

Reason and compassion are the cures to all the ills of human society. Utopia waits just outside the dark tunnel of a world governed by violence and fear.
If we want our species to live in a world governed by reason instead of violence - ruled by compassion instead of fear, there is only way to move forward.

We must make decent food, shelter, healthcare, and education [And I don't mean nation-state indoctrination-schooling] available to all human beings as a birthright.

The plain fact is, humanity can do better than capitalism.

Yours in solidarity and compassion,

World Citizen Beliathon

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: